Xtratime Community banner

Ádám Bogdán - Our Rusty Keeper

66K views 1K replies 40 participants last post by  Bentex 
#1 ·
Bogdán is currently the Hungarian u21 and Bolton Wanderers reserve goalkeeper.

He has played at Hungarian youth level for a long time now and many regard him as a future number 1. However he has big competition with Fülöp Márton currently holding the #1 shirt.

See less See more
#154 ·
Mixed Emotions For Bogdan

Adam Bogdan was left with mixed emotions following the defeat at the Emirates Stadium on Saturday afternoon.

Whilst there was delight in making his first full Premier League appearance, the nature of the game and the scoreline left the 22-year-old feeling disappointed.

Concdeding four goals was a harsh reflection on Bogdan, who made a series of saves, most notably a fine full-stretched block to deny Maraoune Chamakh in the second-half.

Bogdan explained: "I think we did well but we were unfortunate with the goals that we conceded because we were in the game for a long period.

"But I don't think I could have asked for a nicer place to my first league start and the only thing that would have been better is if we had won the game.

"Obviously I tried to do my best and keep the goals out because that is what I have to do. I think I had a decent game but you can never be happy when you concede four goals and lose the game.

"I have to learn from this game and this experience will make me stronger. I now have the belief that I can play at this level and that with a lot of hard work and concentration then I can be on the same pitch with all these wonderful players."

Jussi Jaaskelainen travelled to London with the squad even though he was suspended, and Bogdan explained that the former Finland international's presence helped to give him extra confidence before the game.

He added: "Jussi obviously travelled because he is a part of the team and he wants to offer his support.

"He gave me some important advice before the game which helped. He told me to stay calm, enjoy the match and try to do my job as best as I could because I deserved to be playing."

Source: Bolton's official site

#155 ·
Aston Villa - Bolton 1-1

goal.com said:
Adam Bogdan - 7.0

Another good learning experience for the young shot-stopper. Will perhaps be disappointed that Young's free-kick beat him, but it was a fine effort. Made a couple of smart saves, but more crucially showed a great awareness and composure that suggests he has a long-term future at this level.

#161 ·
Bogdán to join Man United?

Another player said to be Old Trafford bound is Bolton Wanderers Hungarian goalkeeper Adam Bogdan. The 23 year old stopper born in Budapest has only recently had a taste of Barclays Premiership action but, Sir Alex has allegedly seen enough in those fleeting displays to convince him Bogdan could be van der Sar’s replacement, when the 40 year old veteran takes his place on the United coaching staff.

Bogdan, capped 7 times at under 21 level for Hungary, in fact only has 13 first team outings to his name. 9 of these were gained in a loan spell back in Hungary for Vecsesi. He was then farmed back out on loan to Crewe for whom he only managed 1 league start. He has since played the waiting game behind Wanderers dependable first choice stopper Jussi Jaaskelainen. He finally got his chance in Owen Coyle’s side against Birmingham and impressed immensely.

Ferguson has made a habit of signing young unproven goalkeepers in the past the most notable being Birmingham’s Ben Foster who he plucked from Stoke’s youth team. Foster has since gone onto verges of the England squad and with this in mind Bogdan would surely jump at the chance to join the Red Devils. Bolton would require a fee of around £2 million to let the youngster join up with United but, would most likely ask for appearance related add-ons should his United career take off.

Source: Transfers Taven

#168 ·
Bogdan is expected to be the starting goalie for Bolton in their game vs Wigan in the FA Cup this Wednesday :)

Hajra Bogdan !

#170 ·
Bogdan plays the whole game and gets a clean sheet :proud:

Bolton wins 1-0 and goes through

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.