Xtratime Community banner

Official Djurgården IF thread

28K views 375 replies 46 participants last post by  ekim 
#1 ·
Almost 9000 tickets sold and still 4 days to go.

Whats the exact capacity of Stockholms Stadion now, after the rebuilding of the "fondläktaren"?

If we win(djurgården) only a disaster can stop us from belong to Allsvenskan next season.

-J

#79 ·
Solehri: Nope, you never know ;)
Andreas/Solehri: I'm not sure if I know who he is, I know his big brother :D I think...
Yeah, it's tragic that part where some gnagers vandalised his pub, although I'm a DIFfer, I'm embarrest :eek:
It's sad that a small group does something so stupid in the name of a club :yuck:
I mean there has to be an limit for how much you support your club, as long as you don't hurt anyone mentally or phisically, it's oki, I mean it's all about a game, I think we forget that sometimes :(
Not only fans, but politicians and big businessmen that pump money out of proportion to this beautiful sport :depress:

#80 ·
So true cracker!!!!! :)

At least Hooliganism and Football associated vandalism are relatively non-existent in Scandinavia (except Brondby) compared to mnay other parts of Europe :D :cool: Not surprsingly there seems to be more Hooliganism in places where there is a lot of "football related" money about like England and Certain clubs in Italy. Of course i'm not sure how much football money there is in Turkey and Greece but there seems to be a lot of Tension there (and not just between the two countries either but between rival fans in each country :yuck: )

We don't have much of a problem in Australia (in any Sport actually) but because some clubs have a large "mono ethnic" (meaning one race) supporter base, there can sometimes be a little tension between fans of clubs. This was a bit of a problem during the Balkans conflict when small sections Croatian and Serbian supporters thought they were back fighting for their homeland :rolleyes: :( :mad:

#81 ·
I've travelled with the train over "öresundsbron" pnce, but I don't remeber the price, I was too confused that time...

Distance from Malmö to Ängelholm??? Hmmmm...I don't know, it takes about an hour if you take drive to Ängelholm....

#83 ·
The train is cheaper, I'm sure about that, but driving over it is very expensive. And because of that almost everyone takes the train. "Pilen" and other boats aren't going anymore, so if you want the car in Copenhagen, you have to drive to Helsingborg, travel with the boat to Helsingör from there, and then drive to Copenhagen :mad::depress:, that takes more than 3 hours!

#85 ·
Yeah, "more logical". You need the car in Copenhagen, their buses aren't any better than Malmö's..., the problem is for the people who live in Malmö and work in Copenhagen,... they can't drive the "Helsingborg-way" every day, so they must use these buses :( (or take a txi, if they can afford that every day :D ).

#86 ·
I've heard that DIF will play their home match against AIK on AIK's Råsunda, instead of Stockholms stadion. Just because it's bigger and they will get more money for the tickets!:mad:

If this is true, then Cracker, tell me now who is :greed::greed::greed:!

#87 ·
Hey Solis:)

Don´t bash DIF just cause they want to play the derbys in a bigger stadium, I acctually think it´s a good idea, cause I know there will be a LOT of people wanting to see those games(me for example), so changing the stadium when there´s a derby is IMO a good decision:)

#88 ·
Well well, you got a point there, but DIF is still doing it to get more money, and a homematch is supposed to be played at "home" :)
It's the same situation as the one when HIF wanted to play a match (a CL match I think) in Copenhagen, because that was bigger...and everyone were so angry and blaimed them for being greedy (even som DIF fans :devil: )

#89 ·
Dif had there first outdoor training with about 300 enthustiastic fans watching.

Totally unbelivable said Markus Karlsson who used to play as a defender but now are competing for playing as a left attacker.

The fans shot fireworks when the team entered the arena. Most eyes was of course on the well knowned new names that DIF has signed: Anders Limpar, Andreas Isaksson och Johan Wallinder.
- Great feeling, in the trainings with Örebro and Helsingborg we had about 5-10 people watching, said an impressed Wallinder:)

On sunday DIF will meet Brage in a training match, I guess u could wonder how many fans will show up then:happy:

#90 ·
U might think I will reply to this bridge stuff, but noooooo:D, I´m here to say that DIF has now signed Jesper for a 4-year contract:happy:

This is what Jesper said about the signing: Yes, finally! I have always been a "djurgårdare", so this feels really great, I will participate in the practise on monday:)

So, what do u think guys, do we have a complete team now or what?, I must say(and not only cause I am a BIG Dif fan) I do strongly belive DIF can become a really good team in Allsvenskan this season:happy:

#92 ·
Well, Jimmy, since it seems like we can read each others minds:eek:, I guess u somehow knew I would be the one to post it:D

Oh, and BTW, admit it, u are a bit scared on how well things can go for DIF this season:)

#95 ·
Were someone of you Nöllåttors there???

#96 ·
Unfortunately not:cry:, but I can tell u about the Sunday game against Brage instead:excited:

Almost 3 000 supportes watched the game, and DIF won it with 4-3....I have desperatly trying to find all the goalscorers but somehow none of my sites had them:frownani:...but :wth:...they won, and that´s what really matters:smileani:

Ok, enough new smilies:D

#97 ·
Djurgården are now almost finsished with signing 21 year old canadian defender Kevin McKenna from Bundesliga club Energie Cottbus for a loan :happy:
After next season DIF can make up their mind if they want to buy him or not.
Mckenna has been playing for Cottbus for 3 years now, and many EPL teams has shown interest for him and he play for the NT as well.
And now it's seems to be DIF next season for the canadian :cool:

We're gonna rock this boring Allsvenskan :happy::excited::scream:

#99 ·
McKenna is a pretty good bloke. I was impressed by his composure against Trinidad.

It's good to see Canada's youngsters getting some playing time in Europe :happy:

Keep us posted on his progress over in the Canadian forum. :cool: :)

#100 ·
RaulG, why did you ever doubt :confused::(
Canandians has been very succesfull here in Sweden, to name one, Garreth Kush, scored like 10 goals in 3 games :eek:

Marco, sure we will :)
Could you tell us a bit more about his success so far in exchange :hopefull:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.