Xtratime Community banner

2013 NRL Season

36K views 931 replies 13 participants last post by  Bosanac 
#1 ·
:proud:

Thought I'd start a thread on the NRL, plenty of Eastern seaboard people here and above all it deserves a thread! :stuckup:

Into round 11 now, thoughts so far and on what could transpire later on this season, can anyone stop St GI? I don't think they'll make it back to back. State of Origin in midweek as well...

#5 ·
Everything eventually comes to an end even though this is hardly the best NSW side, they chop and change too much too quickly. No doubt Queensland have the better side, Slater, Thurston, Smith is hard to beat.

Lockyer should play, I think...

#7 ·
Yeah will be good if we get a tighter series. I was flicking channels yesterday and came across Origin 1992 on Fox Sports and immediately noticed the difference in toughness and dirtiness. Those guys may have not been as good as physical specimens as the guys of today but boy they'd smash these present guys to bits.

#11 ·
Eels random results :D, hook a brother up with your blue/yellow shirt, looks awesome. :happy:

I knew you'd flog the Sharks on Monday, their recent record against you was 'too good' and everything else was in place too, they had Origin players out and Hayne with a point to prove. You get things together and you might sneak into the 8, a lot of inconsistent sides in there.

St George and their dour football :groan:, great defence though...

#12 ·
the Storm have lost Tolman, Brett White and Jeff Lima from their prop rotation of last year... not to mention Inglis (game's best centre), Finch and Hoffman... will not win it this year

Dragons are the favourites but they are a limited team that plays a strong percentage game - yardage, ruck dominance, Soward's kicking etc.

the Tigers should be contenders but have been very erratic this season (surprise, surprise)

Nth Qld should be considered as they have the game's best player in Thurston and a very good squad... Johnson was a very good pick up

Brisbane should not be contenders but they have been very good so far (in particular, in defence)

as for my Dogs... cannot beat the bottom f*%#ing team in the Raiders that were missing Shillington, Campese and Dugan... F*%#!!!

NSW are no chance... QLD have them covered in every postion

#13 ·
Comprehensive Alchie ;)

As for the Dogs, they better win on Friday, simply must win otherwise it's catch-up football. Then week after it's the bastards from Manly before the bye. Two very important games, kind of sets up the season almost, will need to win one at least....

#14 ·
Comprehensive Alchie ;)

As for the Dogs, they better win on Friday, simply must win otherwise it's catch-up football. Then week after it's the bastards from Manly before the bye. Two very important games, kind of sets up the season almost, will need to win one at least....
accept no substitute :smileani:

i think the Dogs are finals contenders but they are not premiership contenders this year

#15 ·
Realistically, none of the losses are disappointing apart from the Raiders one, losing away to Storm and Broncos plus twice to the Dragons is no shame but Friday night could have been won, not much luck either.

I just realised, round 18 Bulldogs vs. Storm at Adelaide Oval! :happy:

Might have to get in amongst it, try influence the result. :proud:

#16 ·
And then one weekend I'll probably fly in to Sydney on a random Saturday, watch a match and head back in the evening. :D

Queensland too good last night again and they weren't even at their best, NSW looked very uncomfortable all night and somehow got into a winning position but the Maroons just turn it up another notch when necessary.

Dugan instead of Hayne at FB :howler:

#19 ·
Ennis with his kick down the blind side on the 4th tackle straight to Slater with a ragged line chasing... straight after scoring and going ahead... ridiculous

QLD got a roll on and scored that same set

added to this, Ennis stomps on Cronk who was making a tackle

god, i hate losing to the Hanson stock :frustrat:

#21 ·

just my name for my northern brethren which are responsible for thrusting Pauline Hanson onto the rest of the country

#24 ·
lucky, undeserved... but f*%# it, i'll take the win

:D

#26 ·

:yess:

#27 ·
Damn Hayne took a big hit yesterday, anyone see it? I thought he'd be dead, 10 seconds later he's up having a drink.

Footballers could learn a thing or two from these guys, who are also very underpaid for what they do in my opinion.

#28 ·
Anasta took even a bigger hit from Tariq Sims... he ran onto the ball hard, looked to be about to score, and Sims just cut him in half

league players are most definitely underpaid

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.