Xtratime Community banner

Transfer Rumors and Facts

428K views 13K replies 212 participants last post by  GICA 
#1 ·
All right, we're almost in December. Soon, the transfer period will start and many Romanian players are susceptible to change teams. Many will be sold from our championship.

Here's an article from www.calciomercato.com

Rassegna Stampa

09:18 28/11 Il Piacenza vuole Patrascu (Tuttosport)

Squadra in crisi, gli emiliani corrono ai ripari: piace il centrocampista rumeno (classe '79, titolare nell'Under 21 del suo paese), che il Piacenza e' disposto a portare in Italia a gennaio per una cifra che non supera i 3 miliardi. Sul teccuino di Collovati c'e' un secondo rumeno, Sorin Ghionea, difensore 22enne dell'Otelul Galati, e l'attaccante bulgaro Yovov. Via Parma dovrebbero arrivare Mangone e Vannucchi del Venezia. In compenso e' scontata la cessione di Tramezzani, per il quale ci sono offerte del Genoa e del Bologna.

Tuttosport

9:18 AM 11/28 Piacenza wants Patrascu (Tuttosport)

The team is in crisis, the Emilians are trying to defend themselves: they like the Romanian midfielder ( class of '79, regular in his country's Under 21), whom Piacenza is willing to bring in Italy in January for an amount that doesn't exceed 3 billions lire [~ 1.5 mil. of dollars ]. On Collovati's list there's also a second Romanian, Sorin Ghionea, 22 years old defender from Otelul Galati, and the Bulgarian forward Yovov. Mangone and Vannucchi from Venezia should arrive also. In response, the release of Tramezzani is almost sure, since Genoa and Bologna are interested in him.

Tuttosport

See less See more
#127 ·
www.canalesport.com

SCAMBIO KUTUZOV-NICULAE TRA MILAN E SPORTING LISBONA

Pe il giovane bielorusso si tratterebbe di una bocciatura

Il Milan ha fatto sapere allo Sporting Lisbona che sarebbe interessato a uno scambio tra Vitali Kutuzov e Marius Niculae, entrambi attaccanti.
Il giovane bielorusso non avrebbe convinto fino in fondo.

Milan is proposing Sporting a swap between Niculae and Kutuzov.

#128 ·
Rumaniac said:
It would be a great move for Codrea, but i doubt he would play much. Oddo? I think that would mean more problems for Contra.

Codrea is one of the favorite players of Ancelotti. I think that he would be played for sure. About Oddo, well... he is more a Right-back while Ancelotti uses Contra as a Right midfielder.

#129 ·
Muzzi is very close to a transfer to Juventus, he will probably sign this Sunday. Mutu will surely stay at Verona, but I hope that the last months when he was wanted by all the big clubs didn't change him too much...

#133 ·
When a coach as severe as Ancelotti asks for a 20 years old from an unkown team in a lowly quoted country that means he likes him. And when this coach insists on that player for almost 2 years, that means he is one of his favorites.

And yes, I think that I've seen Ancelotti say somewhere that he liked a lot Codrea.

#136 · (Edited)
dinamo10 said:
Ancelotti seems more stupid then strict...

Genoa is not an unknow team...

We are not a 'lowly' country...I don't think we have ever had soo much talent...

No one even knew who Codrea was 2 years..

I really doubt you heard Ancelotti say that somewhere..
;)
By "an unknown team" I meant Arges, that's where he played before going to Genoa.

And trust me, we're one of the lowest quoted countries on the Market. Players from Greece, Belgium, Croatia, Yugoslavia and even Russia are better quoted than players from Romania. I hear more news about African players than about Romanian ones.
We have a very talented generation now but they do not see it yet. For example, If Contra would have been French, Spanish or even Italian he would be worth 100 millions now and would be offered places as a starter in Real MAdrid, Barca and other teams. Roma would have bought Cernat instead of Cassano, while Juventus would have bought Stoica.

Anyways, maybe it's better this way. I like the fact that we have a low profile...maybe we can surprize the world again :)

Going back to the Codrea affair, Ancelotti asked insistently Juventus to buy Codrea already in 2000.

#137 ·
www.calciomercato.com

Rassegna Stampa

09:25 03/01 Milan. Dal Portogallo ecco Niculae e Kutuzov va allo Sporting (Tuttosport)

Lo stesso giocatore della Bielorussia ha annunciato la sua prossima destinazione a Lisbona. Per i rossoneri e' la chiave per arrivare ad un giocatore inseguito da mesi. Conferme per Bjelanovic e Bastia.

Tuttosport

It seems that Kutuzov has already anounced that he'll go to Sporting. This makes the swap between Nicu and Kutuzov closer to reality.

#138 ·
And trust me, we're one of the lowest quoted countries on the Market. Players from Greece, Belgium, Croatia, Yugoslavia and even Russia are better quoted than players from Romania. I hear more news about African players than about Romanian ones.
You are right, lupisor. Last night I watched Manchester United against Newcastle and I watched Laurent Blanc play. He's an experienced , able, strong central defende who often comes into the other teams' penalty box to use his heading ability. And he's 36. Now, my question is: Doesn't this description remind you of Gica Popescu? Why isn't he playing for Manchester United? He's 3 or 4 years younger, in a better shape and has pretty much the same qualities. Instead, he's playing for an Italian team figthing against relegation.

The low profile might help us surprise the world again, but inly if our players have faith in themselves. I certainly hope that our young internationals (Contra, Codrea, Chivu, Niculae, Ghioane, Cernat, Patrascu, Radoi etc) will get better and better and maybe we'll shock everyone at Euro 2004.

My dream for Euro 2004:

Lobont (Ajax)

Contra (AC Milan)--Filipescu(B.Sevilla)-Radoi(Arsenal)-Chivu(Milan)

Ghioane(Juventus)-Codrea(Milan)-Patrascu(Piacenza)-Mutu(Juventus)

Ilie(Valencia) ----- Niculae ( Milan)

European Champions in 2004!!!!!!!

#139 ·
MironN said:

You are right, lupisor. Last night I watched Manchester United against Newcastle and I watched Laurent Blanc play. He's an experienced , able, strong central defende who often comes into the other teams' penalty box to use his heading ability. And he's 36. Now, my question is: Doesn't this description remind you of Gica Popescu? Why isn't he playing for Manchester United? He's 3 or 4 years younger, in a better shape and has pretty much the same qualities. Instead, he's playing for an Italian team figthing against relegation.

Popescu, Hagi, Munteanu, Dumitrescu are all examples of what you mentioned...

#140 ·
www.sportal.it

Il Milan vicino a Niculae

Marius Niculae è da tempo uno dei pallini di Ariedo Braida e Adriano Galliani. Il possente attaccante romeno dello Sporting Lisbona, destinato al Milan alla fine della stagione, potrebbe lasciare anzitempo Lisbona per approdare in rossonero.
La doppia sfida di Coppa Uefa tra il Milan e lo stesso Sporting (nella gara di ritorno Niculae siglò una splendida rete che mise in dubbio la qualificazione dei rossoneri), non ha lasciato dubbi ai dirigenti di via Turati: Niculae è pronto per la serie A.

Il crescente interesse dei portoghesi per Vitaly Kutuzov dovrebbe accelerare i tempi della trattativa: il 21enne bielorusso finirebbe allo Sporting come contropartita del romeno.

More news about the swap between Niculae and Kutuzov, this time from www.sportal.it

#141 ·
lupisor lupetto said:

By "an unknown team" I meant Arges, that's where he played before going to Genoa.
As far as I know Arges won 2 or 3 national titles, and Rapid won 2 national titles. So, as I get it, Rapid should also be an unknown team. But, as you state in different threads, Rapid is one of Romania's powers. And I'm not reffering to the current condition and their league standings. ;)

#142 ·
MironN said:

Blanc and Popescu are twins! I've also seen the match. Actually, I've been seeing EPL matches for the last two months and I cannot believe how poor the defenses are and how overrated the strikers are. They give the strikers too much credit because of some poor defending. van Nistelrooj, Henry, and especially Owen would have a much harder time in Italy or even in Spain, and the amont of goals they score will be a lot less. That Icelandic striker from Chelsea impressed me. Maybe it's a good move for Ilie to go to EPL. This way he'll be awarded as World Footballer of The Year in no time!

#144 ·
David said:

As far as I know Arges won 2 or 3 national titles, and Rapid won 2 national titles. So, as I get it, Rapid should also be an unknown team. But, as you state in different threads, Rapid is one of Romania's powers. And I'm not reffering to the current condition and their league standings. ;)

For the ones outside Romania, Arges is unknown. They didn't even know about Brasov (they looked at it as if it was some kind of new planet) when Inter played with Brasov.

By the way, Dinamo10 and David, don't forget that this is a thread about transfer and rumors . Do not become all edgy and accept these as rumors also.

#146 ·
www.ziua.net

Otelul ar putea pierde doi titulari in aceasta iarna

Ghionea in probe la Sahtar Donetk

Cr. Munteanu negociaza cu Rapid

Fundasul galatean Sorin Ghionea era asteptat ieri in Ucraina, pentru a sustine probe la Sahtar Donetk, a declarat presedintele CS Otelul Galati, Ion Ionica, pentru Mediafax. "Oficialii de la Sahtar ne-au rugat sa-i permitem lui Ghionea sa se pregateasca cu echipa lor, iar noi am fost de acord", a spus Ionica, adaugand ca oficialii celor doua cluburi nu au discutat despre un eventual transfer al fotbalistului. La Sahtar evolueaza doi jucatori romani, Marian Aliuta si Daniel Florea. Ionica a precizat ca Otelul negociaza transferul portarului Cristian Munteanu la Rapid. El a mentionat ca oficialii Otelului asteapta, mai intai, ca Munteanu sa se inteleaga cu reprezentantii gruparii giulestene. Prese-dintele Otelului a spus ca jucatorii se vor reuni pe 14 ianuarie, dar ca programul echipei nu a fost inca stabilit. "Inainte de Craciun am discutat cu reprezentantii firmei anglo-indiene LNM ISPAT, care a preluat Combinatul Sidex, iar acestia ne-au promis ca vor sustine in continuare clubul Otelul. In perioada 10-15 ianuarie vom semna contractul de sponsorizare si, in functie de prevederile acestuia, vom face programul echipei", a spus Ionica. (MCZ)

Sorin Ghionea is going to be tested by Shator Donetsk, while Cristian Munteanu will probably go to Rapid

#147 ·
www.prosport.ro

Dennis Serban would like to play for Rapid Bucharest but Valencia don't really want to let him to to Ramian. The club prefers to lend him to some other Spanish teams such as Elche or Espanyol.

#149 ·
Great news for Adi Ilie!

From uefa.com:

Fulham agree deal for Carew
Saturday 5 January 2002
Valencia CF have reached an agreement to sell Norwegian striker John Carew to Fulham FC for €13m, the Spanish club's representative Manuel Llorente said on Saturday.

Deal finalised
Llorente arrived back in Spain after the deal for Carew was finalised in the early hours of Saturday. "There was interest from other clubs in England but Fulham pushed hardest," said Llorente, who flew into Sevilla ahead of Valencia's Spanish Primera División game at Real Betis Balompié on Sunday. "The deal was completed at 4am. The player has also given his agreement."

FA Cup debut?
Llorente added that Carew would give a news conference at Valencia on Monday. Fulham said earlier they expected to conclude the transfer subject to a medical. Carew could be included in the London club's squad for their rearranged FA Cup third-round match against Wycombe Wanderers FC on Tuesday.

Record signing
Fulham manager Jean Tigana is keen to improve his strike force and Carew will join €18.3m club-record signing Steve Marlet and Louis Saha at Craven Cottage stadium.

Opportunities limited
Carew became the most expensive Norwegian player when he signed for Valencia from Rosenborg BK for €9m in 2000. He featured in 37 league games last season, scoring eleven goals, but under new coach Rafael Benítez he has seen his opportunities limited, with recent signing Salva Ballesta now regarded as the club's number one striker.

Valencia also said that they do not intend buying a new striker. COBRA!!!