Xtratime Community banner

CL: 2nd matchday: Juve - Sevilla Sep 30th 2015

4K views 172 replies 20 participants last post by  pavnedved 
#1 ·
what you think
please discuss

#6 ·
Sevilla is weaker this season both up front and at the back. Krychowiak is still playing well in midfield.

This is the kind of game we tend to draw in the CL when we should win. Plus, we're also in poor form ATM of course.

Buffon
???? Bonucci Chiellini Evra
Sturaro Lemina Pogba
Cuadrado Morata Dybala

(Or Cuadrado behind Dybala and Morata)​

We continue to scrape the bottom of the barrel with 3 of our 4 best CMs out. The above is a mechanical midfield but is a safer option given what we saw from Hernanes in the regista role vs Napoli and Lemina as a B2B (vs him performance in the holding role) in the same game. Hernanes was decent as a regista vs City and the jury is still out on his ability as a regista, but can't take any risks here. Ditto with Lemina, who's looked consistently good in the central holding role but wasn't as good as a B2B even though he scored a goal. One game doesn't mean zilch, but gotta go with the safer route here.

Dybala up top will make it a less mechanical midfield+attack combo compared to the Frosinone and Genoa games.

Put Pereyra in for Sturaro if Sturaro doesn't play well or if we need a goal in 2nd half.

City plays BM at BM. BM won two games in a row (their first points of the season) since Favre left. City's been in disarray after we beat them. City could lose points here. :pray:

#7 ·
Agreed with Pav, I think that Hernanes could work as a regista against the minnows but against top midfields that press high up the pitch he doesn't have it in him. Pirlo might have been worse physically but Andrea has one unique quality in that he always knows all about his surroundings and can predict how he should give himself space. Hernanes doesn't have that quality. Lemina should play the holding role until Marchisio is back.

Could Sturaro play RB if Caceres is out? I don't want to see Padoin near a starting formation.

#10 ·
I actually thought Padoin was one of our better performers against Napoli, although that's not saying much.

He's better as a fullback than in midfield.

#12 ·
Llorente ruled out of Juventus clash

Fernando Llorente has been ruled out of Sevilla's trip to Juventus in the Champions League.

Sevilla striker Fernando Llorente has failed to recover from a muscle strain in time for their upcoming Champions League fixture.

The injury robs Llorente of the chance to compete against his old club Juventus in Turin on Wednesday.

The 30-year old was not included in coach Unai Emery’s squad after sitting out Sevilla’s La Liga win against Rayo Vallecano on Saturday.

Medical staff from Sevilla decided not to risk Llorente for the fixture, preferring him to be fit for their clash with Barcelona.

Midfielder Vitolo will also miss the clash against Juventus, while 20-year-old left-back Matos comes into squad.

Both teams sit on three points in Group D after making winning starts to their campaigns.

#13 ·
Interestingly, there are a lot of similarities between both teams:

* Juve & Sevilla both lost key players over the summer, with leading scorers of both teams (Bacca & Tevez) leaving, while an influx of new players coming in;

* Both teams made slow starts to their respective domestic leagues, with only 5 points collected from 6 matches by each team, despite promising SuperCup matches with Juve beating Lazio comfortably while Sevilla narrowly losing to Barca 5-4;

* Both teams made good starts to the CL with 3 points collected from an early win;

* Both teams are suffering from injury crisis', with Sevilla losing influential midfielder (Banega) to Juve's (Marchisio) while Sevilla also couldnt include marksman (Llorente) to Juve's (Mandzukic).

To make things even more interesting, this will be the first ever official match between Juve & Sevilla.

#161 ·
It won't be as comfortable as Roma beating BATE Borisov tonight though
Thats a weird thing to say in our favour. They have the same point tally as us in the same amount of games...
lol, Osman you gullible innocent boy, Game is only trying to jinx us. :party:

He predicted we'd win against Napoli at the San Paolo as well lol.

I should pay a visit to the Roma forum too and share my positive predictions about Roma.

#18 ·
lol, Osman you gullible innocent boy, Game is only trying to jinx us. :party:

He predicted we'd win against Napoli at the San Paolo as well lol.

I should pay a visit to the Roma forum too and share my positive predictions about Roma.

#19 ·
With Lichtsteiner out of the squad, Caceres suspended due to his drunk driving car accident and Padoin not registered in the CL squad, I can't see Allegri playing a back 4 against Sevilla..

Most probably 352:

Gigi; Barza, Bonu, Chiellini; Cuadrado, Lemina, Hernanes, Pogba, A. Sandro; Dybala, Morata.

#20 ·
Yeah 3rd RB choice is not in CL list is kinda unfortunate now if Lichts breathing problem becomes bigger and Caceres is kept out longer for being a moron.

But hey, it doesnt end there...:D Our young CMs that are playing due to our many absences in midfield, are according to Italian sources also in little doubt:

- sturaro's calf is to be checked, he had some pain in that area
- lemina trained separately

#23 ·

#25 ·
Why? We have to go offensive due to total lack of options, and Barza/Lemina should be covering him a bit more if it becomes necessary.

#26 ·

No Licht and Caceres as we know, but now confirmed Sturaro is out for good too. But Khedira is called up for the first time :tup:

#27 ·
What happened to Sturaro? edit: nevermnd, i read your previous post.

I'm not too sure about Barzagli either to be honest, he hasn't looked that solid this season.

But given the problems with Caceres and Licht, i guess it's really the only option. I hope Cuadrado can handle it defensively.

I really hope Pereyra can start having a breakout season, if only he could improve his end product.

He's improved significantly but still isn't decisive.

#28 ·
Shocking inclusion to starting eleven, not a single second played so far to being said to:

@OfficialAllegri: "Here's 10 of my starting XI: Buffon, Barzagli, Bonucci, Chiellini, Cuadrado, Khedira, Pogba, Evra, Morata, Dybala.

3-5-2 as expected, but he mentionned everyone but the 3rd CM. So he hasnt decided between Lemina, Pereyra or Hernanes. If Pereyra plays Khedira will play holding DM/regista, which would be kinda odd. I'm guessing Lemina will start anyways. Or he will continue on the Hernanes experiment?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.