Xtratime Community banner

Euro 2016 Qualifying Campaign

76K views 2K replies 65 participants last post by  yeniceri 
#1 · (Edited)
As the majority of you know, there will be 24 teams at the next European Championship to be held in France.

The top 2 teams in each qualifying group automatically qualify.

Netherlands are the favourites to top the group, with the 2nd place position largely contested by Turkey, Czech Republic and Iceland. I believe that we have a good enough team to finish 2nd in this group.

Unfortunately we are still lacking a good goal scorer and have limited options in this area. We have some exciting options in midfield, and the defence I guess is reasonable.

On a personal note, if we do qualify I plan to go to Euro 2016 to support Turkey. Fingers Crossed.

My preferred line up would be as follows, what would yours be ?

-----------------------Burak------------------------

Arda------------------Hakan.C-----------------Gokhan.T---

--------------Nuri-----------------????-----------------------

Caner--------Omer--------------Semih----------Gokhan.G----

------------------------????--------------------------------

See less See more
#109 ·
Yeah, it looks like a logical approach and game plan from the outset. This is a team that is strong in the air, so it only makes sense to have Topal drop back and help the 2 CBs. Big shift needed from Emre and Selcuk tonight. They need to do a lot of the dirty work in midfield to allow Arda and Olcan to join Burak in and around the box.

#116 ·
Selcuk Inan and Emre in the midfield is just embarrassing. For Emre and Selcuk to still play on the NT is a tragedy in itself. Emre for being a little prick, Selcuk Inan whose been sleeping the last 3 years, out of form looking like shit. Starting on name alone.

#120 ·
Their 4-4-2 looks beutifull. Its Lars Lagerbäcks team, former coach of Sweden. I'm just getting nostalgic by their style, so 80s... :proud:

Sent from my neighbours WIFI
using Tapatalk

#122 ·
Well that was shit. Terim spent half of his press conference yesterday talking about how Iceland is good physically and has that advantage. So what is our plan? Hit a bunch of long aerial balls to an isolated forward that can't play that style. Better do a complete 180 or we will lose this by two or three.

#123 ·
fatih terrrrrim bik menecir, get this douchebag + his boytoys Emre, Selcuk and Burak off the fukking pitch. Fukkin retire already you're done and your dumb motivational speeches are starting to get useless with these pricks.

#126 ·
Su Burak adami futboldan sogutuyor. Our central midfield is too static, no alternatives when we have the ball.

Sent from my neighbours WIFI
using Tapatalk

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.