3K views 107 replies 14 participants last post by  Bentex 
#1 ·
There are some very important european-cup matches this week:

Champions League / 3rd quali round
11/08/04

Ferencváros - Sparta Praha (20:00 CET)

Uefa-Cup / 2nd quali round
12/08/04

Amica Wronki - Honvéd Budapest (20:00 CET)

Újpest FC - Servette Genf (20:00 CET)

#6 ·
Hajra Fradi!

Yes, the question is, do they have the mental strength to withstand the onslaught waiting them in Prague?

I do not know, judging by the webcast, it sounds like Fradi pretty much controlled the game.

Going into Prague, we need only to draw to win. It could be done with some discipline and preparation. Most important, they can not have any mental breakdowns in the game.

Having said this, I am still not sure.

They only had 11,000 show up for the game. What is up with that? Why not more people? Seems like they would fill the house for a game of this magnitude.

#7 ·
i ve been at the match:) :party:

was great, good atmosphere, and fradi indeed controlled the match. sparta can consider themselves lucky that it isnt 2-0 or 3-0..........................

good ones: szűcs, vukmir, gyepes, lipcsei, vágner, rósa, tőzsér, huszti :)

hajrá fradi :party:

G
#9 ·
goalpdl said:
Yes, the question is, do they have the mental strength to withstand the onslaught waiting them in Prague?

I do not know, judging by the webcast, it sounds like Fradi pretty much controlled the game.

Going into Prague, we need only to draw to win. It could be done with some discipline and preparation. Most important, they can not have any mental breakdowns in the game.

Having said this, I am still not sure.

They only had 11,000 show up for the game. What is up with that? Why not more people? Seems like they would fill the house for a game of this magnitude.

Welcome to Xtratime!

#11 · (Edited)
hajrá fradi

Excellent stuff to hear Fradi controlled the game. :D

SO they didn't miss Gera?

It is very disappointing only 11,000 turned up. :thmbdown: Mind you what's the current capacity of Üllöi Ut. 14,000?

Never mind! Here's to a suceessful 2nd leg. How many Fradi fans will travel to Prague.

hajrá fradi :happy:

#13 ·
Ultrafox said:
Excellent stuff to hear Fradi controlled the game. :D

SO they didn't miss Gera?

It is very disappointing only 11,000 turned up. :thmbdown: Mind you what's the current capacity of Üllöi Ut. 14,000?

Never mind! Here's to a suceessful 2nd leg. How many Fradi fans will travel to Prague.

hajrá fradi :happy:
Fradi has Tőzsér now, and he has similar qualities like Gera. Especially Tőzsér's free-kicks are excellent! :thmbup:

It will come more fans if Fradi will play in the Champions League. I think the capacity of the Stadium is about 18.000.

#16 ·
well i'll be supporting them all the way, Having been researching the hungarian league i've gained a bit of a soft spot for Ferencváros. (being one of the few teams with a decent website :D )

Would love to see them reach the group stages. Are they a rich club as reaching the group stage is a big kerrrrrrrchin $$$$ ££££ :D

#17 ·
No they are not rich, in fact at one time it even looked as they were about to loose their license for this year due to echonomical problems. But Ferencváros is like a golden cow in hungary and they have under table contacts everywhere so i cant imagine such a thing could ever happen. So be sure to include the corruption variable in your game, and set it realy high for Ferencváros, on second thought, set it high for all the clubs. :D

#19 ·
hungaria said:
Wouldnt such matches be played at the Puskás stadion?
I think Ferencváros would play in the Champions League at home. In the 95-96 Champions League season they played also at the Űllöi út against Real Madrid and the others, so it would be no problem to play at the Űllöi.
The Puskás Stadion is a good alternative stadium for other clubs, or for "big" matches like Zalaegerszeg - Manchester :D , but Ferencváros plays their eurocup-matches always at home.

#20 ·
TomButcher said:
well i'll be supporting them all the way, Having been researching the hungarian league i've gained a bit of a soft spot for Ferencváros. (being one of the few teams with a decent website :D )

Would love to see them reach the group stages. Are they a rich club as reaching the group stage is a big kerrrrrrrchin $$$$ ££££ :D
Thank you for supporting Hungarian clubs. :)

#21 ·
hungaria said:
No they are not rich, in fact at one time it even looked as they were about to loose their license for this year due to echonomical problems. But Ferencváros is like a golden cow in hungary and they have under table contacts everywhere so i cant imagine such a thing could ever happen. So be sure to include the corruption variable in your game, and set it realy high for Ferencváros, on second thought, set it high for all the clubs. :D
I don't know how is it at the other clubs, but we have in Pécs no problems with corruption. We have here just some serious bussinessmens. :D

#23 ·
It would be nice to see Fradi in the group stages. Bummer is, we will not see them on TV here in the US, as most CL are either Spanish or English clubs.

Does anyone know how much money a team gets for participating in the Group Stages? What does that buy a team like Fradi, etc? (Apart from more bribing money)

#24 ·
Guys.....I hate to rain on the party, but Fradi hasn't reached the group stages yet....there's still another game to play and who knows what will happen. I'm worried it'll be a let down, but I hope not...

(maybe that's just me bein the pesimist that i am, but still)

That said, anyone know where I might be able to get a Fradi shirt? Lionsport.hu has last year's, I'm not sure about Subsidesports (what? you thought i was gonna stop supporting them? they need us now more than ever :D)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.