Xtratime Community banner

LINE UP BRAZIL FOR LONDON 2012. whats yours?

2K views 7 replies 6 participants last post by  Madridi19 
#1 ·
hello DEAR FRIENDS​

LINE UP BRAZIL FOR LONDON 2012. whats yours?
under 23 + 3 adults.........

mine is:

See less See more
#4 ·
please improve it

i didnt research enough.

i did it in 5 seconds.

without thinking too much

the 3 adults are

lucas leiva

j cesar
dede

are them really above 23? i mean, except jcesar of course
:howler:

#5 ·
I wouldnt even take Pato to the olympics... doesnt even deserve to be there.
the team looks good except the DMs. Casemeiro hasnt done much and Leiva is injured - dont think he'll be back in time for a full blown competition.

#7 ·
I found this list of Olympic-age players on this blog, so if someone mentioned here isn't of the right age or changed teams I urge you to complain to the guy who originally compiled the list - but I think it can be a useful resource for this thread's hypothethical exercise.

Goalkeepers:
Rafael, from Santos. One of the most well-known keepers of this generation.
Neto,
from Fiorentina. Already called by Mano Menezes for the NT, has good chances of being on the Olympic squad.
Renan
, from Corinthians.
Renan Ribeiro
, from Atletico Mineiro. He benched Fabio Costa, so he already did a service to football. :D
Rafael, from Cruzeiro. He did well in the U20 NT but he's a reserve at his club.
Gabriel, from Cruzeiro. Same situation as Rafael.
Cesar, from Flamengo. He played a great 2011 São Paulo Youth Cup, and was in the squad that won the 2011 U20 WC.
Renan, from Botafogo. Like Cruzeiro's young goalies, being a reserve at his club may be a problem.

Central Defenders:
Mario Fernandes
, from Gremio. His versatility is a plus, as he can play both as centreback or rightback.
Breno
, from Bayern Munich. He still hasn't become the player everyone expected him to be but he's still one of his generation's most experienced names.
Juan, from Internacional. Played the U20 WC.
Manoel, from Atletico-PR. Frequently mentioned as a possible reinforcement for bigger teams, he has good chances of making the list.
Bruno Uvini
, from São Paulo. Did well on the 2011 U20 WC, and also played the U20 South American Championship.
Fabricio Carioca, from Atletico-PR.
Wellinton, from Flamengo. He was severely criticized by his previous manager Cuca, but his current manager Luxemburgo seems to trust him. Most Flamenguistas I know don't share Luxa's trust, though.
Rafael Toloi, from Goias. Also frequently mentioned by bigger clubs who seek reinforcements, also played the U20 WC.
Sidnei, from Benfica. More experienced than most of his competitors.
Dalton, from Internacional. His legal struggle to leave Fluminense interrupted his development but he's a promising player.
Romario, from Internacional. During 2011 he played the U-20 South American Championship and also the U-20 World Cup.
Saimon, from Grêmio. Played the 2011 U-20 South American Championship.

Rightbacks:
Rafael, from Manchester United. He was already called at least once to the NT and is a decent bet for the Olympics.
Danilo, from Santos. Played a great U20 South American Championship and has good chances of being called due to his versatility.
Douglas, from Goias. He was a starter in the U20 WC.
Rafael Galhardo, from Flamengo. A reserve on the U20 South American Championship, looks pretty good so far.
Marcos, from Bahia.
Welder
, from Corinthians.
Fagner, from Vasco. This is a good player, and surprisingly experienced for his age.

Leftbacks:
Alex Sandro, from Porto. Played really well on the U20 South American Championship.
Diego Renan, from Cruzeiro.
Fabio, from Manchester United. Good option, I guess.
Gabriel Silva, from Udinese. He was a reserve at the 2011 U-20 South American Championship and a starter at the 2011 U-20 World Cup.
Everton Ribeiro, from Coritiba. Also plays as midfielder but his chances are better at the leftback. Very skillful player.
Dodo, from Bahia.
Pablo, from Figueirense. Can also play as rightback or DM.

Defensive Mids:

Sandro, from Tottenham. This guy almost made it into the last WC's Brasilian squad. No question here, Sandro has to be in the Olympics.
Casemiro, from Sao Paulo. He already won the 2009 U-17 South American Championship, the 2011 U-20 South American Championship, and the 2011 U-20 WC, and also played well for his club on the Brasilian league. Another safe bet.
Rafael Carioca, from Spartak Moscou. Very good option.
Fernando, from Gremio. He already has history with the NT, having won the 2009 U-17 South American Championship, the 2011 U-20 South American Championship, and the 2011 U-20 WC. I don't know what Mano will do, but I'd include him.
Rodrigo Possebon, from Santos. Possebon has briefly played in Yurp but still hasn't showed much in Brasil. He may yet find a place on the Olympic squad, but I wouldn't bet on it.
Souza, from Porto.
Fellipe Bastos, from Vasco, ex-Benfica, and a good player.
Alan, from Vasco. Also plays as a rightback, and versatility counts.
Ze Eduardo, from Parma.
Lorran, from Flamengo. Played well on the 2011 Sao Paulo youth cup, when his team won the trophy over Bahia.
Anderson, from Bahia. Played very well on the 2011 Sao Paulo youth cup.
Lucas Zen, from Botafogo. Good young player who keeps calm under pressure, can also play as leftback.

Attacking Mids/Playmakers:
Paulo Henrique Ganso, from Santos. Barring a disaster, he's definitely going to be on the Olympic list.
Lucas,
from São Paulo. Played brilliantly on the U20 South American Championship and is already a regular at the main Brasilian NT. His name will be on the list.
Oscar, from Internacional. Very good player; participated on the 2011 U20 South American Championship, and shone brightly on the 2011 U-20 WC by scoring three times on the final against Portugal.
Elkeson, from Botafogo. A great name from the new generation, skillful and fast. He'll be even better when he stops trying to win games by himself.
Giuliano, Dnipro, ex-Internacional. Played on the 2009 U-20 WC and stands as a solid option.
Dudu
, from Dinamo de Kiev. He participated on the 2011 U20 WC.
Alex Teixeira, from Shakthar Donetsk.
Bernardo, from Vasco. Very talented midfielder who's currently a luxury reserve for Diego Souza and Juninho Pernambucano at Vasco.
Douglas Costa, from Shakthar Donetsk. A skillful lefty who played well on the 2009 U20 WC.
Lulinha, from Bahia. Still has to prove that he's the player people thought he'd become when he started.
Vander, from Flamengo. Not a bad player but he rarely plays for his club, so his chances of making the Olympic team aren't very good.
Zezinho, from Bahia.
Ananias, from Portuguesa. Decent option.
Tinga, from Palmeiras.
Alan Patrick, from Shakhtar Donetsk. Last year he was in Santos' group when they won the Libertadores, and at NT level he participated discreetly on both the U20 South American Championship and the U20 WC.
Patrick, from Palmeiras.
Maylson, from Sport.
Marquinhos, from Vitoria.
Phillipe Coutinho, from Internazionale. This kid has history with the yellow shirt: he won the 2007 U-15 South American Championship, the 2009 U-17 South American Championship, and the 2011 U-20 World Cup. His chances of being on the list are very good.

Forwards/Strikers:
Neymar, from Santos. Neymar has better chances of being in the Olympics than Mano Menezes himself. :err: :D
Alexandre Pato, from Milan. Has very good chances of playing his second Olympic games.
Leandro Damião, from Internacional. The best striker of his generation, and as such he's pretty much guaranteed to be on the Olympic list.
Dentinho, from Shakhtar Donetsk.
Andre, from Atletico Mineiro. Didn't perform as expected in Yurp, and unless I'm mistaken he still hasn't performed as well for Atletico as he did for Santos.
Henrique, from São Paulo. Elected the MVP of the 2011 U-20 World Cup. Good option.
Willian Jose,
from São Paulo.Another kid who played both the U20 South American Championship and the U20 WC.
Gabriel,
from Bahia. Bahia's fans apparently love him.
Leandro
, from Gremio.Fast and skillful player.
Diego Mauricio,
from Flamengo. Played the U-20 South American Championship. Nicknamed "Drogbinha" (Little Drogba) because some people have no imagination.
Wellington Silva
, from Arsenal but loaned to Alcoyano (spanish 2nd division). Promising player, even if he still hasn't fulfilled his potential.

Maicon,
from Lokomotiv Moscow. Played the U-20 WC last year.
Walter
, from Porto.
Ciro
, from Fluminense. Played the U-20 WC last year.
Alan Kardec, from Santos. Played the U-20 WC last year.
Alex, from Botafogo. Loco Abreu's reserve, good balance and shoots well with both feet.
Caio, from Botafogo. Fast and a good dribbler, but only leaves the bench occasionally.
Vinicius, from Palmeiras
Alan, from Red Bull Salzburg.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.