Xtratime Community banner

EPL: Newcastle vs Liverpool, 1st April 12:30

4K views 187 replies 25 participants last post by  Kopite 
#1 ·
the match will be tomorrow and no one had been interested to open this thread. a tough opponent this week.

it's time to come back to win matches and forget the last horrible games against QPR and Wigan

#13 ·
we keep criticising players till we lose them all...
No worries, with his price tag, Andy Carroll is forever ours. And nobody criticised Xabi, Masch or Nando and we lost them anyway while Lucas/Skrtel got a lot of stick and are still reds.

Football popularity is double edge sword, you get praise when you are up and get stick when you are down. Nothing one pro player cant deal with, hitting slump and recovering from it is part of a life of every athlete.

carroll was awful in some matches. but, i don't think the reds is that magnificent side when he doesn't start though.
nobody said that. I dont complain when Carroll plays well, despite not scoring, like vs Cardiff, Man City (CC) away, ManUtd (CC) home etc.

But I dont buy those W/L stats and support Kenny´s decision to drop him from starting XI, if he does it. I see no reason why player with higher efficiency like Bellamy should warm the bench. Just because he came for cheap and noone needs to justify his price tag ? Maxi scored 2 in 7 EPL games and warms a bench, which is weird.

#20 ·
Inter and Liverpool sucking big time, I've lost all interest in what remains of this season. The FA Cup is still there of course, but with the league, I couldn't care less.

#22 ·
this stats you refer to is bullshit, not a stat.

Last two losses are premium example: vs QPR Carrol came on pitch in 82nd when we were up 2-1, with Carrol´s we managed to lose it 2:3. Wigan similar, he came in 46th when we were down 0-1, Carroll had shitload of time to unleash his charisma, we equalised and instead of winning it we shat the bed and lost. During his time on pitch we conceded twice vs QPR and scored and conceded one vs Wigan. His presence on pitch didnt show up at all.

Can someone explain me by using elementary logics and not some stupid superstition, how exactly is Carroll not starting those games at fault for not winning them ?

Another example: Arsenal away. Carrol was on pitch till 60th then was subbed, game was still 0-0. Without Carroll, we managed to struck twice and won a game. So technically, Carroll started, we won.

Need more examples ?

I´m no Carroll hater or anything, but people should finally stop this Carroll´s start=win nonsence. He was already handed starting place and couldnt keep it. One goal in last 19 EPL games, thats the stat I do care about. Poor guy´s in the middle of the worst draught of his career and you want him to be starter because of the joke of statistics which only in show desperate Liverpool fanbase is when our only hope to win something is Carroll starting :palm:

Whats coming next..we stop washing the winning socks ?

#26 ·
Just saw the time. 7:30am, **** it! I'll set my alarm, but most likely end up snoozing till half time or something

#36 ·
There are so many stats now re: whole aspects of the game.

Some can be taken with a pinch of salt as regards their true worth while others can be considered and viewed as having some relevance.

I'd love to see King Kenny start Carroll in every match now until the end of the season to see whether this stat holds up to some degree.

Mind you Liverpool can't get any worse can they from recent form with or without Carroll.? :D They should be due to get some results on the board. If they don't that would be a truly dreadful slump for a club like Liverpool.

#37 ·
Aquilina said:
I agree, I had to re-sit the stats class a couple of time, so I sure as hell believe in stats. At first I also believe stats was rubbish and doesn't work in real life. Every football team is obsessed with stats now, optastats and prozone. Which is why KD and Clarke shouldn't Be ignoring this vital Carroll statistic.
they shouldn't ignore stats but they shouldn't believe in them completely while sometimes they don't work sometimes. even the whole team isn't consistent from week to another.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.