Xtratime Community banner

Mercato 2013/14

21K views 524 replies 15 participants last post by  Pietro 
#1 · (Edited)
Hopefully you have all successfully received the initial player list by email this evening - including everyone's six keepers.

Please submit your first round of bids to Romanista10 by 22:00 (UK) next Wednesday 25th September (that's 23:00 Central European time; 17:00 in New York etc).

Many of us have various commitments and holidays over the coming days so unfortunately it's necessary to have this week-long period for the first round. However, we're still on course to start the league comfortably early enough (unlike last year!!) so there's no rush.

Good luck everyone :)

#505 ·
Would it be possible (if everyone agreed) to allow for a 1 time mercato rule break to allow TheAnswer87 to pick up some players off the scrap heap? I'm not even sure he would want to, but I feel he got somewhat of a raw deal to begin with by not fully understanding the initial bidding process. This put him at a huge disadvantage. There are still a few decent players out there that would at least allow him to field a competitive squad. I"m just trying to stick up for my fellow 'Newly Promoted' club.

#508 ·
Confirmed: Caceres, Rinaudo, Benassi, Adryan, Gomez
Dropped: De Ceglie, Kucka, Pastore, Paredes, Zapata

=====

It seems TA87 lost interest for this season a while ago, yes. He's still interested for the long-term / in next season though, and I know that because I tried signing Benatia. I don't know why he didn't spend his large amount of credits to try and build for next season though. I hope he knows that the remaining credits don't 'roll over' to next season.

#519 · (Edited)
Just realised that TA87 has already played three teams twice with his "limited" squad. It seems slightly unfair now to the remaining eight teams that he will face as they will now likely be up against an improved team.

However, another part of me thinks that had he changed his squad within the window and not been given this special consideration, the teams he faced twice already would still get the advantage so perhaps it's just the luck of the fixture list. Maybe next year I'll make sure we have no matches during the January window.

Does anyone have any suggestions as to how we can get around this inequality whilst still trying to help TA87?

Yes, you may find a 23rd player to fill your roster.

#520 ·
I think TA87 should have bid on players during the mercato window...kind of ruins the whole idea of a mercato window to allow player add/drops after it closes. I don't think it's a matter of having matches during the mercato (it's okay to have matches during this period, we've never had problems with that before). It's just a matter of observing the rules to the game! I'm not sure what my opinion is on special circumstances (Diamanti leaving after the mercato closes)...maybe only in these situations it would be okay to allow an exception.

Sorry if this sounds harsh, TA87...I'm just against this for the integrity of the game.

#521 ·
I agree with rossonero.

And yes, PT should get to replace Diamanti (should be added to Rules) as long as the player currently plays in Serie A and is an AM/SM. Otherwise, he gets an advantage due to having additional mercato/player-performance knowledge due to there being additional time. IMO.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.