Xtratime Community banner

SuperLig Week#1: Torku Konyaspor - Fenerbahçe

3K views 67 replies 21 participants last post by  cenko43 
#1 · (Edited)

SuperLig Week#1: Torku Konyaspor - Fenerbahçe​

Bit of a heart breaker in the Super Cup. Moving on I'm hoping the glimpses of Aykut football will slowly be weeded out and we start seeing some of the more creative players take the helm.

Alper played great when he was subbed on in the derby, I think performances like that will cement him in the starting line-up.

Season is just starting, regardless of the result in the cup we need to look at this game as a fresh beginning. A win here will give us the much needed morale and momentum for the very difficult Arsenal test after.

Line-up I'd like to see:

Mert
Mehmet Topuz (Gokhan if fit) - Yobo - Bekir (Egemen if fit) - Hasan
Topal
Emre - Meireles
Alper
Sow - Webo (Emenike if ready)​

See less See more
#57 ·
Anyone who understands this game would not play this formation without a guy like kuyt or topal or rm or even selcuk. These are the guys who ****ing play physical. Al salih girdi one pk and caused another goal. Also webo on lmao. 3 sfrikers equals 3 goals conceded.
Ersun for aykut is starting to look like a.big fiasco.

#62 ·
This game has nothing to do with the foreign limit Bengi, bos konusma sabah sabah. Also nobody supported it here, dont generalize people you post regularly with, with aziz yildirim.

I dont think anyone can jump on Ersun yet since i can count on one hand hpw many games weve played competitively lol. Take it easy. Im hoping he actually has some humility and admit there were a couple managerial mistakes today.

#63 ·
This is just one game,still very early to judge but as i said earlier Ersun is no better than Aykut,at least Aykut had philosophy.Ersun dont know what he is doing.He proved that in many clubs before.

Yes Aykut philosophy is to be patient and defend but didnt Rehagel had amazing career with same tactic?

U cant look on football so simple or hate someone just becaue he doesnt play on the way u want.Result is all that matters at the end.U was almost in the European final last year!

#65 ·
Ersun is just using the aykut formation and tactic. As soon as kuyt cand alper came off this game was over. I would expect more from a turkish coach who has been coaching here and following this league and team for awhile. I bet the posters here could come up with better subsitution.

#68 ·
My take from the game:

Fenerbahce started off overly confident in the game but had produced the goods on the pitch in the first half. We were playing well against a relatively weak Konya side. Heading into the break with a 2 goal lead with our new transfer Emenike looking good value for his first few touches; Alper as well was impressing.

Second half was a completely different story, we completely let the gas off the pedal - akin to our play we're accustomed to for the last 3 seasons under Aykut Kocaman's guidance. The kicker here is that our defense was atrocious. All goals were amateurish mistakes by our players and there was nothing Mert could do on any of those. You would think the team would've gotten fired up after the penalty save but it's like our play got even worse.

Emenike will be kicking himself for missing that clear one on one that should be going in 100% of the time. I'm hoping the price tag isn't weighing a huge burden on his head because he should've netted that home.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.