Semi-finals
2009-12-29
15:00 Gamba Osaka - Vegalta Sendai National Stadium, Tokyo

2009-12-29
13:00 Shimizu S-Pulse - Nagoya Grampus Shizuoka Stadium, Fukuroi

Final
2010-01-01
14:00 】 National Stadium, Tokyo
Some familiar names but who the hell are Vegalta Sendai?

Important semi for the 2 sides below. Both haven't qualified for the Champions League and could do with getting the last ticket to that competition

#170 ·
Is it one with a colonial accent?

Hilarious voice. Kept hearing him during the ASEAN cup games.

#171 ·
Could well be the same guy.

Yeah you could call it an english colonial voice.

Dreadful :D

Do you recognise the South American guy mentioned too?

I think he is Brazilian. His commentary is nauseating. He lapses into Brazilian style commentary between the english and is another that doesn't have a clue about football. That or he just can't be bothered to show that he may have a clue. Brazilian and Libertadores games he does.

#173 ·
What worries me most is that the colonial voiced guy is an English teacher in Asia and we'll soon be having Malaysian, Chinese or Japanese schoolkids all having that 1950s accent.

I've heard the Brazilian guy. He has an accent where it becomes difficult to understand what he's saying.

Here it is, the awful voice (starts after 0:20).

10LSKyRViXc

Have to find out what his name is and see what he looks like.

#177 ·
Manabu Saito is nicknamed Japanese Messi. He scored a superb goal in East Asia Cup in 2013.

Yoichiro " genius" Kakitani is called up for the friendly match against Uruguay. The next few friendly games will be very important for him to be selected as World Cup member. He is in a very good shape recently, so I hope he can survive.

Another Cerezo brand FW Sanemi Minamino is also a promising talent.

Those players are some of the many J-leaguers who I want to keep watching.

#178 ·
Another Cerezo brand FW Sanemi Minamino is also a promising talent.
Der Wunderkind has scored his second J-League goal of the season today, five goals overall.

His scoring record isn't that great for a "wunderkind" and considering he is listed as a centre forward and the amount of matches he has played but I see today he is playing in midfield. Maybe this has been the case for most of the season.

#179 ·
Sanfrecce back to back champions, Yokohama would have been crowned had they won their respective match but they went down 1-0 away to Kawasaki and the Hiroshima side winning their match 2-0 vs. Kashima lifted them above their rivals on the last day of the season.

From what I read there was no clear stand-out team, all the contenders were quite inconsistent, champions Sanfrecce for instance suffered nine defeats throughout the season, runners-up Yokohama dropped eight games. As is quite common in the J-League it was a close battle at the top - only five points separated the top six clubs in the league, Sanfrecce, Yokohama, Kawasaki, Cerezo, Kashima, and Urawa.

As expected the league will welcome back Gamba to the top flight.

#180 ·
The Emperor's cup final is now set as Sanfrecce vs Yokohama.
It is great to see if Yokohama can revenge on Sanfrecce in this tournament.

チャットキラー;13140265 said:
As is quite common in the J-League it was a close battle at the top - only five points separated the top six clubs in the league, Sanfrecce, Yokohama, Kawasaki, Cerezo, Kashima, and Urawa.
Since Kashima Antlers and Jubilo Iwata Era ended, no favorite team has come up. Still, teams that can make slight better difference can come up top in the league. Some people want a few invincible teams like Liga Espanola, but I personally like the present uncertain league.

For the next season I'm looking forward to seeing how Usami from Gamba plays in the J-1 league :smileani:

#181 ·
Ken4rou - looks like Osako will be transferring to 1860 Munich in the 2. Bundesliga, what do you think of this transfer? He'll be getting plenty of playing time [I heard most of their strikers aren't doing so well] which is good with the lead up to the WC in mind. I don't think 1860 are in a strong position to promote, but if Osako performs well he could attract interest from top division scouts - like Inui did while at Bochum.

#182 · (Edited)
Ken4rou - looks like Osako will be transferring to 1860 Munich in the 2. Bundesliga, what do you think of this transfer?
Sorry for reply late. Now maybe is easy to answer, because he plays really well and has good results there, so this transfer looks good:)
In a magazine he said the reason why, he wants to get used to DF in the world and 1860 Munich is a good place to improve himself looking ahead of WC.
Some say to play in 2nd division is meaningless, but I think it is good that Japanese young player choose rather lower-level league/team for the first move abroad. Adapted to the new language or new environment, he can probably bring full potential more easily in his next step.

#184 ·
Tokushima keep losing. Their sponsored company is a very rich medicine company, but almost didn't buy any experienced players when they promoted. So this happens necessarily.
The good fight of Kobe and Tosu is a big surprise. Very good affection in football in Western Japan as mostly Eastern dominant the league.

There is concern that Kakitani hasn't scored any this season despite the fact he's been treated as a proper WCup member. Now very hard to choose the FW.. Maybe Okubo is good instead of him.

#185 ·
There is concern that Kakitani hasn't scored any this season despite the fact he's been treated as a proper WCup member. Now very hard to choose the FW.. Maybe Okubo is good instead of him.
Some people think the big talent at Cerezo is the midfielder Hotaru Yamaguchi. He looked really good in Japan's friendly matches vs. Belgium and the Netherlands.

Okubo is too old I think, I'd give the nod to Yuya Osako.

#204 ·
Very happy Okubo has got selected:D It seems his join stimulus the team members, also lots of spot on him distracts mass media from criticizing like Kagawa, Honda who haven't played well in their team recently.
Other members are mostly as expected.
Now I want to see how much solid the selected DFs can develop. Almost every game Japan concede a goal..:hmm:

Tonight good luck for our women's team ;)

#196 ·
How much truth is there when people say J-League clubs don't place much importance in the ACL? At least compared to the domestic competition, for example there's a tendency to rest a couple of key players. Korean clubs have had more success in ACL, guess they take it more seriously. Japanese clubs haven't performed all that well in this comp lately, yet it hasn't stopped them from producing talent ready to perform for European clubs.

I'd love Kawasaki to come through despite it being unlikely, enjoy watching Renato and Kengo.

#197 ·
Yeah well I suppose the Japanese clubs see their league as far superior to other leagues in the ACL so this permeates through and they don't always give the full attention to the ACL.

Will this mentality stop though? More and more people are watching ACL now around the globe and it's getting more and more attention. If the Japanese sides continue to "disrespect" in some cases it won't reflect that well on the J-League.

In today's game in Sydney you could see that the Japanese players had more class but it was just shown in flashes and also the coach was too negative in his approach to the game.

#198 ·
A-League clubs had the problem too years ago of not taking the ACL seriously [Melbourne Victory was a perfect example, Kevin Muscat openly complaining about how the travel interfered with the domestic campaign for instance], Adelaide was really the exception with their run to the final, but since then all clubs have shown total commitment including Victory, this season despite failing to qualify from a very tough group - Guangzhou, Jeonbuk, and Yokohama, they were in contention until the very last matchday and they picked up some very good results and overall A-League clubs have performed credibly notably WSW in their debut season, of course.

I do enjoy the Asian Champions League and I wish all leagues participating would give it their best.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.