Xtratime Community banner

Fenerbahçe Legend: Alex de Souza

82K views 1K replies 88 participants last post by  lazyPro 
#1 ·
#52 ·
The way he played last night was really incredible. I dont remember any players in the world playing like this ever.... He played the best football i have ever seen... Hes unbelievable....

#53 ·
The hat-trick hero talks

Alex de Souza said he feels he owes to the fans for their love and support, speaking after the 3-2 win over Gençlerbirliği.
"The whole team played very well. We believed and we won. From start to finish it was like a war out there," said Alex, who scored all three of our goals.

The Brazilian attacking midfielder has been called up to his national team once again, beating "many players that play in the same position", which has delighted Alex. "It makes me proud and happy to be serving Brazil.

"I`m experiencing very good days with the fans and players here. There is an atmosphere full of love and respect and I feel like I owe them. I`m doing all I can on the pitch to live up the fans."

#55 ·
22 if you count the Turkish Cup

23 with the Uefa Cup.

This is pretty good stats for a midfielder...:D

But i still dont think Alex is good.....he has to score at east 40 goals and make 50 assists.....because we have paid "millions of dollars" for him, you know!

#56 ·
Cengo said:
But i still dont think Alex is good.....he has to score at east 40 goals and make 50 assists.....because we have paid "millions of dollars" for him, you know!

Yeaah :flirt: that's right
He also should bring some relatives as supporters to fill up the stadium :wallbang:

#58 ·
Cengo said:
22 if you count the Turkish Cup

23 with the Uefa Cup.

This is pretty good stats for a midfielder...:D

Guyz, dont gt carried away by Alex, yes he is a good player but where is he in big matches? Like in the CL matches? or against Zaragoza (both matches) or against Galatasaray. Otherwise yes he saved many games like the one against Genler couple of days ago...

#59 ·
We rely too much on Alex to save the day with his individual performances, that's why he goes missing in the bigger matches..

We still haven't formed any sort of system which can get the best out of the whole team, so often we have to wait for Anelka, Alex, Tuncay, van Hooijdonk or Nobre to put their hand up and take on responsibility..

#60 ·
Tolga said:
We rely too much on Alex to save the day with his individual performances, that's why he goes missing in the bigger matches..

We still haven't formed any sort of system which can get the best out of the whole team, so often we have to wait for Anelka, Alex, Tuncay, van Hooijdonk or Nobre to put their hand up and take on responsibility..

That is very true, and thats why I dont like Daum. He has been at Fener for 2 years and still there is no system.

#62 ·
Cihan007x said:
That is very true, and thats why I dont like Daum. He has been at Fener for 2 years and still there is no system.
Daum has no intention of building a system, it's not the way he works at clubs..

His style at pretty much every club he's worked at has been to put up a strong defence, and then pack as many matchwinners as he can into the midfield and attack.. A good example is that he always puts at least one forward on the wing everywhere he's been (Ahmet Dursun and Nihat @ BJK, Serhat, Nobre and Tuncay @ FB, same @ Austria Vienna, though I can't remember the names of the forwards he used on the wing there)..

#67 ·
Tolga said:
Daum has no intention of building a system, it's not the way he works at clubs..

His style at pretty much every club he's worked at has been to put up a strong defence, and then pack as many matchwinners as he can into the midfield and attack.. A good example is that he always puts at least one forward on the wing everywhere he's been (Ahmet Dursun and Nihat @ BJK, Serhat, Nobre and Tuncay @ FB, same @ Austria Vienna, though I can't remember the names of the forwards he used on the wing there)..
just funny...has no intention of building a system....that is what you think? go to daum and say "i see that you don't have a system like all the other coaches in the world" and then wait and see what he tells u...even if that with the teams is true then it does mean that he had no alternate players for the positions and therefore had to use forwards on the wings...while being coach in leverkusen he had a system and the german national team would never get a coach that plays a chaotic system like fenerbahce's...so there's one thing you should understand...daum doesn't want fenerbahce to play the way they play, but the turkish players just can't do what daum really wants them to do...that's the reason for this play of fenerbahce that looks like there is no system in it...

#68 ·
buzyb said:
but the turkish players just can't do what daum really wants them to do...that's the reason for this play of fenerbahce that looks like there is no system in it...
I can actually agree on this point....but we are learning! ;)

#69 ·
buzyb said:
just funny...has no intention of building a system....that is what you think? go to daum and say "i see that you don't have a system like all the other coaches in the world" and then wait and see what he tells u...even if that with the teams is true then it does mean that he had no alternate players for the positions and therefore had to use forwards on the wings...while being coach in leverkusen he had a system and the german national team would never get a coach that plays a chaotic system like fenerbahce's...so there's one thing you should understand...daum doesn't want fenerbahce to play the way they play, but the turkish players just can't do what daum really wants them to do...that's the reason for this play of fenerbahce that looks like there is no system in it...
Daum puts the best 11 players on the pitch, regardless of position.. But don't worry, you're German so you must be right :wallbang:

#70 ·
It's not like it's failing?!? We're still closing in on a repeat (1st time EVER) and a chance at a double (Turkish cup). :thmbup:

#71 ·
Tolga said:
Daum puts the best 11 players on the pitch, regardless of position.. But don't worry, you're German so you must be right :wallbang:
tolga...you are getting more and more strange...you can pull that germany thing over and over again if you like, but 1. that's no good argument 2. i still think the same...so you could also call it a day(let it be)....

#72 ·
yenibey said:
It's not like it's failing?!? We're still closing in on a repeat (1st time EVER) and a chance at a double (Turkish cup). :thmbup:
yeah...it's working right now because the other teams have no alex, nobre and anelka in the same team...gs has ribery right now who has the quality of the ones mentioned above(not exact quality but i hope you know what i mean)....trabzonspor has yattara....but fener has those 3 that can score a goal anytime...one reason for that is of course the weakness of the turkish teams, because against european teams we see that you need a real system because scoring goals against them is way harder...

#73 ·
If you want a discussion, then start by explaining to me why Daum has had two stints at BJK where they played largely the same football, and the same at Austria Vienna..

And explain to me why he'd rather go ahead with the players before system approach, despite the fact you say it's not what he wants and that he does indeed want to build a system..

You can say what you want about Turks not knowing anything, whether fans or players, but can you argue that Nobre is a better right winger than Mehmet Yozgatli? If not, why is Daum insisting on playing him there (against his wishes) instead of sacrificing him in order to build a system?

It's Daum's style, for some reason he likes to have as many forwards on the pitch as he can without sacrificing the whole midfield..

#74 ·
Tolga said:
If you want a discussion, then start by explaining to me why Daum has had two stints at BJK where they played largely the same football, and the same at Austria Vienna..

And explain to me why he'd rather go ahead with the players before system approach, despite the fact you say it's not what he wants and that he does indeed want to build a system..

You can say what you want about Turks not knowing anything, whether fans or players, but can you argue that Nobre is a better right winger than Mehmet Yozgatli? If not, why is Daum insisting on playing him there (against his wishes) instead of sacrificing him in order to build a system?

It's Daum's style, for some reason he likes to have as many forwards on the pitch as he can without sacrificing the whole midfield..
ok...bjk and austria vienna haven't got quality squads, too? maybe thats the reason...daum wants ze roberto and roberto carlos was said in the media...there were talks about zenden...so if he gets the right players he will for sure let them play on their right positions but right now he has no quality wingers so he tries to play all his quality players, even if he has to misplace(yanlis yerde oynatmak yani) them...that's one other reason why it seems like there is no system...i never said that turks don't know anything, you turn my words around to make them sound the way you would like them to sound...i only knew that from girls...

#75 ·
His Besiktas and Austria Vienna squads, quite like his Fenerbahçe squad of current was largely his own creation. He chose the players to transfer..

At Fener, he's chosen to transfer Nobre, van Hooijdonk, Alex and Anelka to add to Serhat and Tuncay..
If he intended to play with a system utilising real wingers and not forwards playing out there, do you think he'd have signed so many forwards or forward oriented players? Don't you think he'd have tried to sign at least one winger by now?

It's always easy to blame the make up of the squad, but it's ridiculous in this case especially. He's built this squad (and is still doing so) how he wanted, and he's been given every piece he's requested..

If you're going to play a system with real wingers, then they automatically become one of the most (if not the most) important aspects of the team, and so having the laws like in Turkey you'd concentrate on signing foreigners in those spots before you go and sign another forward to add to an already bloated forward line..

But obviously that's not his intention, he prefers to put more forwards on the pitch because he seems to prefer to have as many matchwinners on the pitch as he can..

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.