Xtratime Community banner

The Scottish Transfer Rumours Thread

20K views 53 replies 14 participants last post by  Teak 
#1 · (Edited)
Heard a rumour? Bung it up here then. We'll keep new threads for actual confirmed transfer signings only I think, rather than have the board fill up ( :howler: I can't help myself)

Just to start us off we've got the exciting news that Dani Mallo likely won't be joining former boss John Hughes at Hibs. The Portugeuse goalkeeper who was instrumental in helping Falkirk avoid the drop instead looks to be off to Belgium as Hibs can't afford his wages despite the £3m from selling Fletcher to Burnley.

Celtic should find out tomorrow if they've beaten a trio of EPL sides to the signature of Marc-Antoine Fortune from Nancy. Apparently he's worth nearly £4m? They are also interested in his Cameroonian team-mate Landry N'Guemo, a midfielder.

Roberto Di Matteo apparently wants Bazza from Rangers. If I was a Rangers fan, I'd be delighted of getting rid of him at last.

Hearts are away on a pre-season trip to Germany with 3 trialists being evaluated by boss Csaba Laszlo, Lithuanian duo Marius Cinikas and Vytautas Luksa & German striker David Witteveen. Meanwhile Csaba is also trying to talk winger Andrew Driver into staying with the Edinburgh side. Why Burnley would want to pay the apparent asking price of £4-5m for an SPL player, I have no idea.

Dundee United have completed the signing of Dusan Pernis from MSK Zilina of Slovakia on a pre-contract. He's expected the replace Zaluska as their number 1 goalkeeper, but the problem is that his contract currently doesn't end until December, so the Arabs are currently negotiating with his club to secure an early release, otherwise their only keeper will be 37 year-old Steve Banks, just signed from Hearts as a player/coach.

See less See more
#33 ·
Aye,Adam was impressive when on loan at St. Mirren.

Fleck seems to have joined the Monster Munch brigade at Ibrox. Seemingly been placed in the reserves for acting the Billy Big Baws.

Neil McCann appears poised to join St. Johnstone after a bust up with Falkirk assistant manager Steven Pressley. Seems the ex Dundee,Hearts and Rangers wide man is still smarting after being overlooked for the managers job at Falkirk. Not the best of starts for Eddie May so far.

#35 ·
Ipswich Town are chasing former Celtic captain Stephen McManus. It really sounds like Mowbray does not rate the Scotland regular and is willing to let him go. Strange move if it happens,both for Celtic and the player. Is he out of contract soon or has he had a difference of opinion with Mowbray?

#36 ·
Donati back to Italy.

Any idea on how much you got for him from Bari?

#37 ·
The fee that Bari paid to Celtic was undisclosed,suggesting it was considerably less than the £3m Strachan paid(wasted?) for the Italian. Bari have new American invsetors I think.

Donati never really settled at Celtic,some of his displays were truly terrible and Strachan quickly dropped him despite paying a fair sum for him. I seem to remember he didn't take to being dropped too well and made the usual moans and groans to the press. His winning goal against Shaktar Donestk in the CL was easily his best moment in a Celtic jeresy. Apart from that he was a total bust.

#40 · (Edited)
Can't blame him really. Boyd's a good goal scorer, he has that natural instinct on just putting the ball in the net, and his work rate has improved phenomenally this year. Apparently though he's keen on staying with Rangers if they manage to get a new owner in during the summer, though that's anything but certain.

Yesterdays Daily Record also had a report on another Rangers player apparently wanted south of the border, with Gordon Strachan keen on bringing Nacho Novo to Middlesbrough on a free transfer. He's a hard worker but is he really the sort of player to help them back up into the Premier League? I'm sceptical.

In other news, I've only just seen this: http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/scot_prem/8622276.stm

Great news, when I can't get to the football myself (or am too lazy to go :D) I like nothing better than sitting on the couch with Open All Mics on. Glad to see that will continue.

And Hamilton Accies young Scottish midfielder James McArthur should be due to go on trial with Wigan shortly according to this article from the 3rd April: http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/h/hamilton_academical/8598986.stm

Would be a great move for Scottish football, wish the lad all the best down there and hope his trial is a success.

#41 ·
Motherwell winger Jim O'Brien has joined Barnsley on a pre-contract agreement. Vaguley entertaining player but will frustrate you no end with his inability to play an early, or simple, pass.

Mark Reynolds is being linked with a whole host of sides. Blackburn,PSV,Hannover,Fulham and Newcastle

#42 ·
St.Mirren forward Billy Mehmet has joined Genclerbirligi. Hearts' captain and midfield waster Michael Stewart is also rumoured to be joining the same club.

Middlesbrough are reported to be after Kevin Thomson. They're the new Cardiff,Boro. Just link any Scottish based player with them and you too could be writing for the Daily Record

#43 ·
Aye, isn't Strachan still being linked to Nacho Novo as well? Any chance he'll go in for Riordan as well? :D Or was he the one who sold Derek? I can't remember these things, Celtic aren't exactly a club I follow too closely.

I see St Johnstone have managed to keep Collin Samuel, that'll be a boost for them going into next year, although apparently Michael Duberry wants to head back south this summer as he misses his family and doesn't want to move them up to Perth.

Surely the story of the day comes from Kilmarnock though: Angelo Massone, the mad Italian who claimed he'd take Livi to the Champions League only to depart last May after about 10 months and administration has shown interest in taking over Kilmarnock :howler: That'd be terrible for them, they manage to avoid relegation and they might end up with a lunatic in charge.

#44 ·
So yesterday the longest serving manager in the SPL, St Mirren's Gus McPherson, has walked after 7 years that saw them win the First Division and establish themselves in the SPL. Apparently a few Saintees were getting frustrated by the lack of progress though as they've been planted firmly near the bottom of the table for years and haven't exactly played the most exciting football either. Bit of a shock though. Apparently favourites for the job are Jimmy Calderwood as his Killie deal was until the end of the season, Kenny McDowell who is a youth coach at Rangers and spent nearly a decade with the Saints as a player. Most worringly for me is County's coach Derek Adams is also in the frame, though with St Mirren's board wanting out it seems unlikely they would be willing to cough up for compensation for him.

#45 ·
Everton, Fulham and Villa are all after Sol Bamba. Have the Old Firm missed a trick here? :eek:

Spurs are after Celtic target Shay Given. He was one of the best keepers in the Premiership two seasons back but sitting on his arse for twelve months won't have done him any good, especially at his age.

#47 ·
Dundee Utd's Ryan Gauld has joined Sporting Club de Portugal.

Scotland's mini Messi they say and he's decided to go abroad at the age of 18 to one of Europe's best footballing schools.

Hit you'd guess? or is he not really that good?

#48 ·
The kid is class, a naturally skillful player and a classic number 10 playmaker.

He's still inconsistent, which is only natural given how young he is but in 2-3 years I fully expect him to develop into a genuine superstar. Good luck to him at Sporting, i'm just sorry that he hasn't joined another team in green and white hoops!

#50 ·
I think Ryan Gauld getting out of Scotland before he turns into another waster is the best thing for his career. Good luck to the lad, & well done for being brave & going abroad rather than to some middling Championship club.

#52 ·
He's a genuinely exciting prospect. So chuffed he's not going to get wasted sitting on Celtic's bench.

#54 ·
Sam Nicholson (Heart of Midlothian) is joining the USA side Minnesota United (the "Loons") in mid-season. Very much looking forward to this transfer. Sam is young (22) but has three years experience in the rough-and-tumble of the Scottish league. We need someone like that to offset the finesse wingers that we have now.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.