Xtratime Community banner

Feyenoord-Willem II

2K views 43 replies 7 participants last post by  Wally 
#1 ·
Saturday 20:45

Some team news for this game. Clasie will be on holiday till tomorrow and there's a chance that Rutten will rest him for this game. If so, El Ahmadi who is fit will start. I don't see why not. We've got a very busy month coming after this game.

For Willem II, Terell Ondaan might be fit for this game. His shoulder injury isn't so bad as feared. Bruno Andrade, Tim Cornelisse and Ali Messaoud are however expected to miss the game.

Gudde btw was at Holland u21's game against Slovakia. No doubt keeping tabs on Hahn, Boetius, Manu and Vilhena. Not the first time he has been watching players for the club :D he went to Norway a few times to watch Harmeet Singh before we got him.

Team I expect to see:

Vermeer

Wilkshire - Van Beek - Mathijsen - Kongolo/Nelom

El Ahmadi/Clasie - Vilhena
Immers/Toornstra

Schaken - Te Vrede - Boetius/Manu​

could be a load of rubbish what I've put above. We've also got Bilal and Rutten could always change the system. We will see on Saturday night.
I'll be shocked if vice captain Immers is benched btw.

The internationals won't be coming back to Rotterdam with a lot of confidence. Holland's u21s were dreadful.

Bilal btw made his debut for Turkey's u21s. Played the last 19 mins in their 0-3 win against Malta, but he didn't feature at all (not even on the bench) in their 4-3 loss against group winners Sweden. Turkey btw finished 4th in the group and definitely won't be going to the next stage of qualifying.

Prediction: 2-1 Te Vrede and Toornstra
It'll be tough, as we aren't finding the net easily. The performance against Twente was more encouraging. Boetius had a better game.

Playing against us on Saturday btw will be Armenteros and good old Jerson Cabral :D.... if he were to score the winning goal against us :howler:

See less See more
#4 ·
#7 ·
You guys are nuts. Vilhena at Lex's position has always been better than him. Besides Tonny was ok in the last match. He's definitely done some physical training, he looks faster this season. He's not a good CM, but as #10 I'd give him a chance over god damn Lex any day :thmbup:

#10 ·
:thumbsup:

Voice of reason here!

In a few years the decision to bench Vilhena and play Lex will look like playing Johnny Burger King over RVP.

This is Rutten's major test. A Feyenoord with Lex can never be better than a Feyenoord without him. Make the right choice, for our future and the future of our children, Fred. :stuckup:

#14 ·
Toornstra starts on the bench.

Rest is as expected.

Cpt Immers!

#16 ·
I have a feeling he'll turn up against a, with all due respect, weaker side. Hopefully though Fred plays him today and goes on to bench him in the big games this week, Vs Sevilla and Ajax.

We need a comfortable win with other goalscorers than just Big Mitch here.

#21 ·
Karim El Ahmadi our best player by miles so far. But nothing to work with in midfield, while our attack looks clueless outside of Schaken as well.

Also, no offence to the old man, but Jacky should f*ck off already! Slow as ****, always with his pointless long passes. :mad:

#25 ·
We're trying them on purpose Vs midget Lamprou, but the thing is, if we go this route you always have to have someone contesting the ball!

Poor half. Once again Immers and Vilhena have looked like they could play on for 12 hours without creating a single chance. Boetius hot and cold, same for Schaken. Big Mitch, bless his heart, is a poor, poor player. Needs to get them served on a plate to be useful.

Karim and Clasie with Toornstra in front of them will probably be our best midfield right now, realistically.

Second half I want fire, I want to see us create chances and get goals. I'd bring Jens for Lex and Manu for Te Vrede. Let's see what Fred does..:pray:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.