Xtratime Community banner

Ukrainian National Team

125K views 3K replies 122 participants last post by  kleber 
#1 ·
A thread dedicated to the Ukrainian National Team!

Oleh Blokhin named his squad for the World Cup Qualification game against Turkey on November 17 in Istanbul.

Goaltenders: Shovkovsky and Reva

Defenceman: Fedorov, Nesmachny, Dmitrulin, Rusol, Matiukhin, Radchenko, Yezersky, Starostiak, Checher

Midfielders: Gusev, Bidnenko, Husyn, Rotan, Nazarenko, Shelayev, Zakarliuka

Strikers: Belyk, Vorobey, Venhlynsky, Shevchenko, Voronin

Looks like a good team again, although Vorobey must prove himself this time around.

#77 ·
True-Kozak said:
I think Albania will finish last. They are terrible....They will win no more games on the road, maybe a few in Albania...I predict theyll get 2nd last, infront of Kazakstan.
Nonsense, Kazakhstan have already lost to Albania in Astana, and moreover Albania have taken three points from Greece. :thumbsup: The same time I can't see where Kazakhstan can collect points. :D

#78 ·
True-Kozak said:
Hehe...Go back to the russian forum. We dont want you here :thumbsup: :happy: ..........What happened the last time Russia went into albania, by the way?
Once Jopa Yaycev met Fabio Capello and complained him that Russia national players don't have sufficient psychological confidence. :hangover:
- It's an often matter, - replied Capello. - If they're even not so skilled, you should place eleven barrels on the pitch and let your players outplay them, tackle them and even win a match against them. This will certainly add some confidence. :howler:
In a year, Yaycev again met Capello.
- How did you succeed, colleague? Have you tried my idea of a friendly against barrels at your team? - asked Capello. :D
- I did it several times, - answered Jopa Yaycev sadly, - but the barrels always won. :jester:

#82 ·
True-Kozak said:
On the road, Albania are MUCH worse then just ''bad''. There national team is sad...

WHAT!!!....and whats ur basis for this? We did have 60% possession. We did suffer from some bad luck. But ukrainian finishing was better and in the end the Ukraine deserved to win becuause of their better finishing. We had many more oppurtunities though and despite having absolutely no defense whatsoever (our two main defenders were injured) we still played well. The Ukraine had no injuries and showed up with a full line up. Albania with a small population and a rattled domestic leauge doesnt have the resources of a country of 50 million with a fast growing premiere league. This means we dont have good reserves. So where do u get the nerve to say my national team is sad?

#83 ·
True-Kozak said:
On the road, Albania are MUCH worse then just ''bad''. There national team is sad...
U beat Kazakstan 2-1...we beat Kazakstan 1-0. Same goal difference. BTW do u know any the clubs of our players? look at their clubs and tell me if were sad.

G
#86 ·
I might've exagerated a little when I said that, but for a country that has had a national team for 90 years or whatever, it is pretty bad that they have never even came close to qualifying for a major tournament..

G
#91 ·
This guy talks to much $%^& all the time over the internet...I'd like to see him face to face and see how much he talks...Anyways, Im sticking to Football. I cant wait untill the game in Kyiv, march 30th, vs Denmark . I think I will go to Kyiv to watch, depending on if I can get some time off. If we win this game, we will be 75% into Germany..If we lose, we will still have a good shot of getting in. I know Ukraine has been in a position like this alot of times before during qualification for a major tournament, and let there lead slip. We have a very young team, and I hope they maintain there focus and play right untill the last game.
Our team would also be alott better if some of those Ukrainians playing on the Russian team played for us..But oh well..Thats life.

#94 ·
i don't hate Ukraine at all, quite the opposite actually. i just see them as our friendley rivals when it comes to some things:D Ukraine's a very beautiful country and Kiev is considered holy and the mother of all Russian cities by my people.

#97 ·
Dmitriy said:
that's right:D

*waits for Kostya to arrive with his usuall insult to the Russian people* :D
:confused: I never intended to do what you're describing, I'm just giving obvious proofs of why Ukrainian football has advanced much farther than the Russian one, and only when I'm in good mood. :D

Back to the topic, I wouldn't call our national team so young. As for now, our clubs look more promising, but things can go vice versa already by the end of the season as our clubs face more serious competition from abroad at the next stage... :neutral:

#101 ·
Dmitriy said:
Kostya i disagree with ur opening statement:D and u dissapoint me, i was gearing up for another legenday battle:D:(
Calm down Dimka ;) May I congratulate you on CSKA victory from the bottom of my heart instead. :star:
Marko_c said:
just a side note to ukraine.......u guys are almost there and im rooting 4 u, its good to c u succeed and i wish u the best of luck
Thank you so much, Marco_c mate!! We're glad to hail SCG players at our fields instead. Good luck!! :star:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.