Xtratime Community banner

UCL: Spartak Moscow x Benfica

1K views 17 replies 8 participants last post by  killa 
#1 ·
We have a tough game today in Moscow against Spartak, Aimar, Nolito and Carlos Martins are all injured and our starting line-up should be as following:

Artur
Maxi-Jardel-Garay-Melga
Matic-Enzo
Salvio-Rodrigo-Bruno_Cesar
Lima​

If this holds true then we are looking to score on the counter.

#4 ·
I'm watching it and I can't remember the last time I saw Benfica playing as bad as this. Huge result for you so far as it could have been waaaaay worse than 2-1. Let's see what the second half brings.

#8 ·
Benfica lost 1-2 and now sits bottom of the group with 1 point from 3 matches. Spartak practically gave away this second half in a typical chicken shit Emery style but Benfica didn't show anything today.

#10 ·
Missed most of the 2nd half due to meetings, but this result is a huge blow to getting 2nd place. Not impossible, but they'd probably need a draw in the Celtic-Spartak match on match day 6. That's on top of sweeping those two on MD 4 and 5.

#11 ·
and barcelona just saved our ass!!!
we still stand a chance now, but a LOT needs to be done...wasnt able to watch the game, only followed it on the radio , but sounded like we played terribly tonight

#12 ·
Don't forget guys Barcelona are likely to send a reserve side to Russia to play Spartak Moscow, they won't want to risk injuries on the artificial turf, long travel, cold weather and they should have qualified from the group at that stage.

If Spartak beat them and Celtic away then the result in Portgual will be irrelvant as there is no way your guys are going to win in the Nou Camp if you played Barcelona every Wednesday until 2090!

#13 ·
I doubt very much that Spartak will be able to win at Celtic Park. Celtic showed in the three games that have been played so far that they are the second best team in this group. We will see if they can keep it up though.

#16 ·
Yep he goes to every game, he is the person who let's the Eagle fly before every match. He goes to the match with his pet Donkey Miguel all the way from the Algarve via the motorway.

He is also a fan of Russian Sport but if you see what he writes on the Russian forum he is only happy when Russian teams lose!

It's like me putting on my signature I am fan of Portugese Football and then coming on here if your teams have lost.

He posted nothing about the Witsel or Hulk transfer despite saying just 1 week before Zenit's transfer policy was bad, he posted nothing about Russia beating Portugal, he posted 5 times after Spartak Moscow looked like they were out of the CL and you guess it he posted 0 times since they beat his beloved Benfica!

If he is fan of Russian Sport then he would post when the teams do well.

P.S. Joshua, Hulk looked amazing at the weekend and looks like he is finally settling into life at Zenit, looks like there is a little clique with him, Danny, Bruno Alves and the Italian International Crisitico.

One final thing, has anything been written in the Portugese press about when Danny is due to return to action for Zenit? He was due to return at the middle of last month then injured his other foot, it was not supposed to be serious and he has been in the team photos etc since but not in any squads. There has been nothing in the Russian press about this.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.