Saturday, 8pm CET ~ Unai Emery's farewell - Xtratime Community
Go Back   Xtratime Community > European Football > Spanish Football > Valencia
Register Blogs FAQ Prediction League Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old May 8th, 2012, 09:15   #1
Los Che Forever
Xtratime Legend

Teams: Valencia CF
Saturday, 8pm CET ~ Unai Emery's farewell

So his last game, really hope we put in a good performance for him. Obv, points mean nothing...but really hope we win this. We play Sociedad AWAY btw!

Maduro lot will prob play, plus not seen Miguel in ages! His farewell too?

Amunt!

Both us and Betis v Barca is on Saturday, 'cos only fixtures with nuttin to play for. The rest are on Sunday at the same time.
JOAQUIN SANCHEZ RODRIGUEZ... BORN 1981, BREAST-FED UNTIL 1991, MALAGA PLAYER BY 2011.

"When we played football in the square, the other lads would run to the drinking fountain when they were thirsty, I would run to my mum's breasts." - Joaquin

Los Che Forever is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old May 8th, 2012, 10:02   #2
Los Che Jon
LosCheJon
International

Lets hope we send him off with a win, its the only way to say thanks for becoming the first manager in VCF's history to qualify for the Champions League three years in succession

Amunt Unai
Los Che Jon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 8th, 2012, 10:04   #3
Los Che Forever
Xtratime Legend

Ah, didn't know that!

We definitely have taken 3rd spot for granted, he's really done a good job.

Sad things ended this way...ah well.
JOAQUIN SANCHEZ RODRIGUEZ... BORN 1981, BREAST-FED UNTIL 1991, MALAGA PLAYER BY 2011.

"When we played football in the square, the other lads would run to the drinking fountain when they were thirsty, I would run to my mum's breasts." - Joaquin

Old May 8th, 2012, 10:06   #4
Jeffrey
Forum Manager
Xtratime Legend

Teams: Socceroos
You don't know what you have until it's gone.

The same people calling for Emery's head will be calling him back in seasons to come.
Postcrossing sent & received stats:

Belarus 1/0, China 1/2, Czech Republic 1/0, France 0/1, Germany 5/5, Hong Kong 1/0, Hungary 0/1, Japan 0/1, Malaysia 1/0, Netherlands 3/3, Norway 0/1, Poland 1/0, Russia 2/3, Sweden 0/1, Switzerland 0/1, Taiwan 2/0, USA 6/5, Ukraine 2/0, United Kingdom 1/1.
Jeffrey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 8th, 2012, 10:08   #5
Los Che Forever
Xtratime Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by チャットキラー
You don't know what you have until it's gone.

The same people calling for Emery's head will be calling him back in seasons to come.
You'll have all the Emery haters replying to you now.

Even though he has lost the dressing room etc...

I would have more faith in Emery turning form around and getting 3rd next season, than most of the managers we've been linked with + Pellegrino.

Old May 8th, 2012, 10:17   #6
Jeffrey
Forum Manager
Xtratime Legend

Teams: Socceroos
I imagine it would generally be a very difficult position to be in at Valencia, and in general, playing in La Liga - I know fans want the team to play better but I've read stories about low morale throughout Spain as there's a sense, I guess, that they can't achieve a lot in their present situation - because of the overwhelming dominance of Barca and Real, crippling debts of the other clubs not allowing for any ambition - so isn't it understandable that after qualification, and qualification, the same end result every year, and falling standards in the league, VCF losing players - many players will be dispirited.
Postcrossing sent & received stats:

Belarus 1/0, China 1/2, Czech Republic 1/0, France 0/1, Germany 5/5, Hong Kong 1/0, Hungary 0/1, Japan 0/1, Malaysia 1/0, Netherlands 3/3, Norway 0/1, Poland 1/0, Russia 2/3, Sweden 0/1, Switzerland 0/1, Taiwan 2/0, USA 6/5, Ukraine 2/0, United Kingdom 1/1.
Jeffrey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 8th, 2012, 12:31   #7
Blaz
Legend

Teams: Éver Banega
Let's be real. The likelihood of Valencia finishing 3rd again next season (and coming seasons, continuously) is much slimmer then this competition Emery faced during his era. Obviously, not knowing anything about the Summer transfer market but Malaga you'd think are certainties to challenge top 4, Sevilla & Atletico, were at their worst for large parts of this season (and Atletico can still make 4th which is hilarious) and they can only improve. Of course, it doesn't work like this, but even if we don't finish 3rd for 2012/13, i'd be wary to spit out Emery>Pellegrino for example. Look at our form for 2012, to think we still finished 3rd, i severely doubt if the same thing happens next season, we'd be in the Europa League spots. In a way Emery is lucky, but whatever i'll get him benefit of the doubt. Furthermore, as some people have mentioned, it was IMPOSSIBLE for Emery to stay, everyone around the Club has lost faith in him, you can't have him at Valencia anymore, even if you think Emery > Pellegrino (which is true, Pellegrino isn't anything, yet) logically, it makes sense for change.
Blaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 8th, 2012, 12:50   #8
Los Che Jon
LosCheJon
International

Its all about fresh ideas and a new era, its time for Pellegrino to come in and stamp his authority on the squad right from day one.

The good thing is nobody can have any expectations from him, the players have no preconceptions of what he will be like etc. Its a clean slate and a total fresh start.

It's exciting when all is said and done as his outlook on the team and his philosophy will be totally different to Unai's
Old May 8th, 2012, 12:54   #9
CazChe
¡Ché we can!
Star Player

Teams: Valencia CF, Plymouth Argyle FC
I think I asked for a defensive minded coach a couple weeks ago too - or at least one who would make us hard to beat again - so this could have at least fulfilled that wish. Then again Pellegrino could be a complete curveball...

Well Pochettino has done well for his first coaching job, so I hope to see similar here. With higher finishes than Espanyol of course!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Los Che Forever
If a bat whispered in my ear "Amunt Valencia", i wouldnt even be like "wtf", i'd just get a hard-on.

That Time In... | Travel tales and talk from Europe, Asia & beyond
CazChe is online now   Reply With Quote
Old May 8th, 2012, 15:59   #10
Tay-che
Forum Manager
Legend

Pochettino, Pellergrino, Pellegrini! Aghh! Good look next season non Spanish speaking commentators you retards!

Anyway it's a shame this match ain't at the Mestalla. It's a fitting send off Unai's last game with his current club against "His Club" La Real...
Quote:
HOC the dogger.

Imagine minding your own business in a car-park, and HOC knocks on your window.

Scary thought.

SOM LA FORÇA DEL VALÉNCIA,
I NINGÚ MOS PARARÁ,
VIATJAREM PER TOT EL MON,
ORGULLOSOS DEL TUE NOM,
EL VALÉNCIA ES NOSTRE CAMPEÓ!!!!!!!!!!
Tay-che is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 8th, 2012, 16:05   #11
Los Che Jon
LosCheJon
International

Good call Tay............. didn't think of that one!!

Hope we draw Spartak in next seasons Champions League, especially given Unai's defensive deficiencies
Old May 9th, 2012, 08:21   #12
wzw1177
Premier Player

Teams: Valencia CF Fenerbahçe Bursaspor Türkiye
Let's give Unai a win, bitches!
wzw1177 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 9th, 2012, 08:32   #13
Los Che Forever
Xtratime Legend

A Chinese, Turkish Valencia fan?

Brilliant.

Old May 9th, 2012, 08:42   #14
C-MantiX
International

Teams: Singapore Dollars
We need more Asian fans. **** Champions for Africa or some shit - all got aids anyway. Let's get some Joma sweatshops in SEA and give all the Jinko folks and their families a free VCF pen if we can afford it.

Shame we're not at Mestalla for the genius' last game. Probs still cry anyway. Maybe better he doesn't have to suffer the home fans on his final outing...
C-MantiX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 9th, 2012, 08:55   #15
wzw1177
Premier Player

Teams: Valencia CF Fenerbahçe Bursaspor Türkiye
Quote:
A Chinese, Turkish Valencia fan?

Brilliant.
Yup.
wzw1177 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 9th, 2012, 09:38   #16
Los Che Jon
LosCheJon
International

Quote:
Originally Posted by C-MantiX
We need more Asian fans. **** Champions for Africa or some shit - all got aids anyway. Let's get some Joma sweatshops in SEA and give all the Jinko folks and their families a free VCF pen if we can afford it.

Shame we're not at Mestalla for the genius' last game. Probs still cry anyway. Maybe better he doesn't have to suffer the home fans on his final outing...
Dude has been given a rough ride by those fans for a while now buddy, got to feel for him somewhat. I really hope the team put on a performance for him on Sat, not some of the 'tranquil' football and tempo Riccy Costa was banging on about in his presser yesterday, seriously dude has done OK last few weeks since he came into side but I'd bench the fcuker for saying that, I wanna see a full on performance and a good win to sign off with
Old May 9th, 2012, 16:33   #17
Mestalla
semi-retired
Legend

lets see how the team performs with zero pressure on their shoulders. it's either gonna be some pretty, happy football (the type of pressure-less football you play when you go on picnics, lol), or some lazy "i don't give a shit" draw or loss performance.
Mestalla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 9th, 2012, 16:41   #18
hero of canton
Legend

Teams: Portuguese Mafia CF
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mestalla
lets see how the team performs with zero pressure on their shoulders. it's either gonna be some pretty, happy football (the type of pressure-less football you play when you go on picnics, lol), or some lazy "i don't give a shit" draw or loss performance.
so the usual?
hero of canton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 9th, 2012, 18:12   #19
valencianoVCF1
Premier Player

Teams: Valencia CF, period!!!
Last game at Mestalla, Unai just walked out the game like usual, even knowing that was his last gameat Mestalla. The public had signs of support but that was it. I was expecting more, I guess he wanted to keep a low profile.
Uefa Champions League Final 2001

Valencia CF
GK 1 S. Cañizares
RB 20 J. Angloma
CB 12 R. Ayala
CB 2 M. Pellegrino
LB 15 A. Carboni
DM 19 R. Baraja
RM 6 G. Mendieta (c)
LM 18 K. González
AM 35 P. Aimar
CF 7 J. Carew
CF 17 J. Sánchez

25 A. Palop, 5 M. Đukić, 16 F. Aurélio, 4 D. Deschamps, 8 Z. Zahovič, 14 Vicente, 23 D. Albelda, M: H. Cúper
valencianoVCF1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 9th, 2012, 20:43   #20
Los Che Jon
LosCheJon
International

Quote:
Originally Posted by valencianoVCF1
Last game at Mestalla, Unai just walked out the game like usual, even knowing that was his last gameat Mestalla. The public had signs of support but that was it. I was expecting more, I guess he wanted to keep a low profile.
What did you expect.... Most of the supporters that go to the Mestalla have been ridiculing him and calling for his head for most of the season, a minority supported him and I witnessed that when over there last month, a few cheers when he got of the bus but lots of boos when he emerged from the tunnel. Dude has had some severe treatment this season from the fans and whilst we all have frustrations about his limitations I genuinely think he couldn't win