Season is ending but the battle is crazy. - Page 2 - Xtratime Community
Go Back   Xtratime Community > European Football > Other Nations > The wild, wild East
Register Blogs FAQ Prediction League Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old May 2nd, 2012, 17:15   #21
Dmitriy
I own
Xtratime Legend

Teams: FC Tosno, CSKA, Russia
Quote:
Originally Posted by niedobrzeniec
Korona Kielce is a typical mid-table team, with really aggressive style of football and refined set-pieces. You will probably not hear about them in future, because I suppose the current season is the top of their possibilities, mostly thanks to their young ambitious coach. Hopefully they will be the 5th team of our league table, because I completely don't see them as our league representative in EL or especially CL.

Slask Wroclaw's position in the top of our league isn't really suprising. Relatively big city (E2012 host), the richest Pole as an owner, the modern stadium with 40.000 capacity, good average attendance and decent team based on former Polish national team's footballers like Kazmierczak or Mila, the footballers which are close to current national team like right back Celeban (probably moves to Bundesliga though), Fojut (has signed contract with Celtic Glasgow on next season), Sobota, Pietrasiak and some decent foreigners like Kelemen, Mraz, Elsner, Voskamp and Diaz.

I'm sure this club will refer to the Legia's, Lech's or Wisla's results in European cups in next years, at least "refer". However they've been constructing the team with a method of small steps, so difficult to say whether they will be ready to show some progress in European Cups's next season or rather in the longer term. Especially they won't be seeded there from the 3rd round inclusive and despite they have rich owner, he's quite stingy, surely not the Abramovitch's type of sponsor.

Wroclaw (43 308):

Ruch Chorzow is a legendary club for our football, the most titled in our league history. It seems that they're on the proper way to rebuild own position in Polish football, they also decided to use long-term progress method of constructing the club, their coach is the longest working coach of the whole league. At this moment they got rid of the budget debt and they constructed quite decent team, their squad is really stable, mentally arranged, they have really good scouting in lower leagues.

This team is characterized by four really good and equal quality strikers, the best Polish strikers in the league (except Frankowski of course), that's Piech, Jankowski, Abbot and Niedzielan. Piech is even close to being in the Poland's NT wide squad on E2012 and young Jankowski will probably move to West Ham United. However their financial capacity is not so much impressive, there's apparenlty a chance they get really rich sponsor from next season, but we'll see. The same like in the Slask's case, their development is quite impressive, but they're still not ready to play in European Cups on the Legia's or Lech's level.

Generally I really hope that both former powers of Polish football from Silesia region, the industrial part of Poland, that's Ruch Chorzow and Gornik Zabrze will come back on the proper place for such teams, that's regular fighting for the championship there, along with Wisla, Legia, Lech, Slask, maybe also Lechia. Especially Gornik, which was even the European power around 1970. The Polish football without strong Ruch and strong Gornik loses own molars. Luckily both team from Silesia will have the possibility of playing on the big, modern stadiums...

Chorzow (55 200):

Zabrze (31 871):

...which are under construction at this moment, both clubs have also huge interest of football in the cities, the hunger of good quality football, so there's some hope, that also the financial capacity of these clubs will be developing in near future. Gornik and Ruch have really decent organization of the club, both are really good of working with young footballers, generally the only thing which they're lacking is exactly better financial status.

Poland can be a meaningful country for European football, but only when the white spots of our football map will become colorful again. We can't build strong football reality with three football centers, that's Poznan, Warsaw and Cracow. The cities / regions with similar potential, like Lodz, Gdansk, Szczecin, Bydgoszcz, Lublin, Chorzow and Zabrze must join to this party. The possibility of construct really equal interesting league is exactly our advantage and I'm sure that Poland is able to make the similar boom of club's developing on scale of the whole country like we made in terms of stadium's infrastructure, that's about 25 modern stadiums with capcity over 10.000 around 2015 year. Who would have believed 10 years ago that Poland will be among the countries with the best stadium's infrastructure in Europe?

We may not have so rich teams like Ukraine or Russia, but we can make up this difference by the whole league binding, I mean something like the difference between Primera Division and Bundesliga.
With Ukraine maybe but Russia no. Apart from Shakhtar/Dynamo the difference isn't that big between Poland and Ukraine. Polish league certainly surpasses RPL in other areas like TV production, game atmosphere, pitches, stadiums, etc.
FC Tosno, the People's Team.

XT WWE WC Poll, Russia the massive favorite over Bosnia and Croatia.
http://www.xtratime.org/forum/showth...315361&page=27
Dmitriy is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old May 3rd, 2012, 19:11   #22
Tybor
Rising Star

Teams: Wisla
results:
Legia and Korona lose and Korona is out.
Slask, Ruch, Lech won.

Table:
1.Slask 53
2.Ruch 52
3.Lech 51
4.Legia 50

Four teams have still chance to win champion. One match left.

Legia-Korona
Ruch-Lechia
Wisla-Slask
Widzew-Lech
"And it is untruth, that roof leaked, especially, that it did not rain almost."
Tybor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 3rd, 2012, 19:23   #23
niedobrzeniec
Forum Manager
Premier Player

Lech, Legia, Slask and Ruch will be our representatives in European Cups next season. Legia was a single Polish team with some potential of fighting for CL Group Stage, but they practically wasted own chances on championship today...It seems that again Poland won't have a team in CL GS Lech have really good team coefficients's situation, but they'll lose Rudnevs and Stilic and there's rather no hope on bigger reinforcements. And I really doubt of Lech's championship.
niedobrzeniec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 4th, 2012, 05:42   #24
boris4c
Nullius in verba
World Class Player

Teams: FK Crvena zvezda, FC Steaua Bucureşti
In Romania, the league table looks like this with 5 matches to go.

1. CFR Cluj - 58
2. Rapid Bucharest - 55
3. FC Vaslui - 55
4. Dinamo Bucharest - 53
5. Steaua Bucharest - 53

There should be a photo finish at the end of the season, but what makes it even more interesting is that there will be quite a few games between the teams themselves. For instance, Steaua is facing Dinamo in the second last round, and CFR Cluj in the last round.

On paper, the best team is perhaps FC Vaslui (at least offensively speaking) and I believe they could be successful in Europe as well, if they bring in a couple reinforcements over the summer, which they couldn't do this season due to a transfer ban.
I met a traveler from an antique land.
boris4c is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 6th, 2012, 19:33   #25
Tybor
Rising Star

Teams: Wisla
Slask new champion of Poland.

After first half Ruch scored 2 goals, and Slask zero and Ruch was first. But later Slask cross from free kick and score goal witch gave them championship.
"And it is untruth, that roof leaked, especially, that it did not rain almost."
Tybor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 7th, 2012, 07:09   #26
El Lobo
Forum Manager
Xtratime Legend

Teams: FK Sarajevo, AS Roma and Olympique de Marseille
Congrats Slask, their second title. Not many big names in the squad, mainly made up of Poles. I only know Mila and Kazmierczak.

Bright future ahead, new stadium and all.
'Football is the most beautiful game in the world for all those who love it. Unfortunately, or fortunately, not all those who love football are able to understand it'

Lottare o giocare? Lottare e giocare!

2:255
El Lobo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 7th, 2012, 08:04   #27
niedobrzeniec
Forum Manager
Premier Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Lobo
Congrats Slask, their second title. Not many big names in the squad, mainly made up of Poles. I only know Mila and Kazmierczak.

Bright future ahead, new stadium and all.
From other interesting footballers, they have former the best footballer of Bolivian league, that's technically gifted striker Cristian Diaz, also the king of shooters of the Dutch Jupiler League's last season Voskamp. There's former Slovakian Champion's left defender Mraz or Dalibor Stevanovic, who played for such teams like Vitesse or Real Sociedad. And especially Slovakian goalkeeper Marian Kelemen, who's surely in the TOP3 of our league goalies. The rest are typical solid Polish league's footballers.

Generally they're playing really rough physical football, their offensive play is mostly based on efficient set-pieces taken by Mila or Diaz and they have strong defence and really good defenisve midfielders, that's Kazmierczak and Elsner. Can't see them even in the fourth round of CL's Quals without meaningful reinforcements, especially that their two the best defenders will leave the team - Celeban's contract is expiring and he's close to Bundesliga (apparently it's 1.FC Nurnberg) and Fojut has signed contract with Celtic Glasgow from next season.

But agreed, this success may be the large stimulus to development for them and the potential is really huge there - stadium, fans, city, the richest Pole and the city authorities as an owners...and Wroclaw authorities have probably the best support among the people there from all Polish cities, somewhere about 90% in elections. And their president is much emotionally involved with the club.

Last edited by niedobrzeniec : May 7th, 2012 at 08:10.
Old May 7th, 2012, 08:07   #28
El Lobo
Forum Manager
Xtratime Legend

Teams: FK Sarajevo, AS Roma and Olympique de Marseille
Now that you mention it, I do know Stevanovic (Slovenian midfielder) and Cristian Diaz too.

I noticed Celeban scored a lot of goals for a defender as well.
'Football is the most beautiful game in the world for all those who love it. Unfortunately, or fortunately, not all those who love football are able to understand it'

Lottare o giocare? Lottare e giocare!

2:255
El Lobo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 8th, 2012, 22:37   #29
niedobrzeniec
Forum Manager
Premier Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Lobo
I noticed Celeban scored a lot of goals for a defender as well.
Yea, certainly I'd rather see the Celeban in Poland's squad instead of really average Wojtkowiak in the last months. Unfortunately Smuda seems to be not interested in recent form of his footballers, e.g. he called the reserve footballer of Legia instead of the best Polish striker of Ekstraklassa, that's Arkadiusz Piech, who's in his life form. Or he called Matuszczyk, the reserve footballer from 2.Bundesliga instead of Borysiuk, who's younger and played quite decent football in 1.Bundesliga.