final clash: djukic vs caparros - Page 2 - Xtratime Community
Go Back   Xtratime Community > European Football > Spanish Football > Valencia
Register Blogs FAQ Prediction League Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

View Poll Results: who would you prefer?
Djukic 10 71.43%
Caparros 4 28.57%
Voters: 14. You may not vote on this poll

Old May 1st, 2012, 11:21   #21
jeesh
Star Player

Teams: Valencia, Argentina, Spain
Would anyone be kind enough to translate key points of todays article in Las Provincias on the given topic. Saw quite a few names there-Pochettino, Luis Mila, Luis Garcia, Pellegrino, etc
jeesh is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old May 1st, 2012, 11:50   #22
the bat
Premier Player

Teams: Valencia
Prefer Djukic but I'll be OK with Caparros. Both are exactly what we need, ie defensive coaches, so meh. Mallorca have joint third best defence in the league even...

Sure Djukic isn't proven but honestly, who gives a shit. Look at Serie A, leader coached by a guy whose only career achievement is one promotion, second place by a dude who got fired from Cagliari. I'm sure Djukic will be fine...
the bat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 1st, 2012, 11:52   #23
C-MantiX
International

Teams: Overpriced Gingers
When do we officially become a small club..?
C-MantiX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 1st, 2012, 11:53   #24
the bat
Premier Player

That boat sailed with selling Mata...
the bat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 1st, 2012, 11:55   #25
Amunt Bélgica
Proud to be a farmer
Rising Star

Teams: Valencia CF & FC Bruges
They said Emery is going to stop at the end of the season, his own decision. Djukic, Luis Garcia and Caparros are on top of Braulio's list and the reporter wondered why. He argued that their football philosophy is completely different, although they all play 4-2-3-1 but the three all agree on their approach towards the players: quite severe, strict, spartan regime i guess. They compare Caparros to a sergeant with golden stripes, while Djukic and Garcia also know their way of handling an immature squad. And VCF officials say such a coach is seriously needed.

Djukic has a two year contract remaining and says he has heard nothing. He's focussing on Valladolid and promotion. But they argue Djukic has a clause in his contract that could simplify a transfer. They talk about his fines for being too late on training: 10 euro up till 1000 euro... Then they talk about the football Djukic dictates to his squad; good technical football, high pressure, he's strong at organizing a defense and the fans in Valladolid adore him. Next to that he also works a lot with younger players and often give them chances...

About Caparros they say he's probably waiting to see what happens in Sevilla, because rumor has it that he's interested in a job over there. His contract expires by the end of this season, but his wage is very high. The football hasn't always been brilliant, but they argue that he has the third best defense in La Liga. With worse players than VCF.

Llorente is a big fan of Luis Garcia, he wanted him last year, but he decided to stick with Unai (oh no ). He brought Levante to La Liga but he's a bit scared of European football, kinda lack of experience on that level i guess? But by saying so, he is showing ambition to coach a squad on that level.

These are the three favorites out of Braullio will have to pick one... He has even talked with sub 21 coach, but it is clear, because the technical staff has been scouting this three candidates intensively it will be one of them.

Pochettino, Pellegrino have also been options, their chances are small but they aren't out of the race yet.

Next to that, Villas Boas and Benitez would be big signings, and they are investigating what could be possible, but it is to doubt that the club will spend big money one more time on a coach, especially given the financial situation... Koeman has kinda opened their eyes..

So that's all about the coaches, €9,99, please. Must've been my best post on this board!
Valencia CF & FC Bruges, world's finest.
Amunt Bélgica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 1st, 2012, 11:56   #26
Los Che Forever
Xtratime Legend

Teams: Valencia CF
Quote:
Originally Posted by C-MantiX
When do we officially become a small club..?
So sad isn't it? It's confirmed now.

I say this season we've become, not only shit but totally unwatchable... we are NOTHING.

No class players anymore.

Who cares if we're 3rd in Spain, means nothing.
JOAQUIN SANCHEZ RODRIGUEZ... BORN 1981, BREAST-FED UNTIL 1991, MALAGA PLAYER BY 2011.

"When we played football in the square, the other lads would run to the drinking fountain when they were thirsty, I would run to my mum's breasts." - Joaquin

Los Che Forever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 1st, 2012, 12:10   #27
jeesh
Star Player

Teams: Valencia, Argentina, Spain
Quote:
Originally Posted by Amunt Bélgica
They said Emery is going to stop at the end of the season, his own decision. Djukic, Luis Garcia and Caparros are on top of Braulio's list and the reporter wondered why. He argued that their football philosophy is completely different, although they all play 4-2-3-1 but the three all agree on their approach towards the players: quite severe, strict, spartan regime i guess. They compare Caparros to a sergeant with golden stripes, while Djukic and Garcia also know their way of handling an immature squad. And VCF officials say such a coach is seriously needed.

Djukic has a two year contract remaining and says he has heard nothing. He's focussing on Valladolid and promotion. But they argue Djukic has a clause in his contract that could simplify a transfer. They talk about his fines for being too late on training: 10 euro up till 1000 euro... Then they talk about the football Djukic dictates to his squad; good technical football, high pressure, he's strong at organizing a defense and the fans in Valladolid adore him. Next to that he also works a lot with younger players and often give them chances...

About Caparros they say he's probably waiting to see what happens in Sevilla, because rumor has it that he's interested in a job over there. His contract expires by the end of this season, but his wage is very high. The football hasn't always been brilliant, but they argue that he has the third best defense in La Liga. With worse players than VCF.

Llorente is a big fan of Luis Garcia, he wanted him last year, but he decided to stick with Unai (oh no ). He brought Levante to La Liga but he's a bit scared of European football, kinda lack of experience on that level i guess? But by saying so, he is showing ambition to coach a squad on that level.

These are the three favorites out of Braullio will have to pick one... He has even talked with sub 21 coach, but it is clear, because the technical staff has been scouting this three candidates intensively it will be one of them.

Pochettino, Pellegrino have also been options, their chances are small but they aren't out of the race yet.

Next to that, Villas Boas and Benitez would be big signings, and they are investigating what could be possible, but it is to doubt that the club will spend big money one more time on a coach, especially given the financial situation... Koeman has kinda opened their eyes..

So that's all about the coaches, €9,99, please. Must've been my best post on this board!
Thank you so much! Very clearly explained. Some good points there about Djukic.

But why Luis Garcia?
jeesh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 1st, 2012, 12:21   #28
Los Che Forever
Xtratime Legend

Yeah, nice one Amunt Belgica.
JOAQUIN SANCHEZ RODRIGUEZ... BORN 1981, BREAST-FED UNTIL 1991, MALAGA PLAYER BY 2011.

"When we played football in the square, the other lads would run to the drinking fountain when they were thirsty, I would run to my mum's breasts." - Joaquin

Los Che Forever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 1st, 2012, 13:25   #29
hero of canton
Legend

Teams: Portuguese Mafia CF
Quote:
Originally Posted by Amunt Bélgica
They said Emery is going to stop at the end of the season, his own decision.
hero of canton is online now   Reply With Quote
Old May 1st, 2012, 13:42   #30
Mestalla
semi-retired
Legend

thanks for the clarifications AB, and it's good to have you back steven

if it came down to these two, then djukic please. don't know jackshit about him, aside from the little that has been posted here, but i know enough about caparros that i don't plan on dying out of boredom next season

Quote:
Djukic has a two year contract remaining and says he has heard nothing. He's focussing on Valladolid and promotion. But they argue Djukic has a clause in his contract that could simplify a transfer. They talk about his fines for being too late on training: 10 euro up till 1000 euro...
10 euros? lol, miguel 3,650 euros upfront so he can be late every single day of the year

Quote:
Then they talk about the football Djukic dictates to his squad; good technical football, high pressure, he's strong at organizing a defense and the fans in Valladolid adore him. Next to that he also works a lot with younger players and often give them chances...
positive stuff about djukic, i like what i'm hearing.

and yeah i'd pick him ahead of caparros, but i'd still prefer deschamps, avb, or benitez if they were somehow available ahead of miroslav.
Mestalla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 1st, 2012, 15:42   #31
Tay-che
Forum Manager
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by hero of canton
Quote:
Originally Posted by Los Che Forever
HOC the dogger.

Imagine minding your own business in a car-park, and HOC knocks on your window.

Scary thought.

SOM LA FORÇA DEL VALÉNCIA,
I NINGÚ MOS PARARÁ,
VIATJAREM PER TOT EL MON,
ORGULLOSOS DEL TUE NOM,
EL VALÉNCIA ES NOSTRE CAMPEÓ!!!!!!!!!!
Tay-che is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 1st, 2012, 17:08   #32
valencianoVCF1
Premier Player

Teams: Valencia CF, period!!!
Quote:
So sad isn't it? It's confirmed now.

I say this season we've become, not only shit but totally unwatchable... we are NOTHING.

No class players anymore.

Who cares if we're 3rd in Spain, means nothing.
Soldado, Alba, Guaita???
Uefa Champions League Final 2001

Valencia CF
GK 1 S. Cańizares
RB 20 J. Angloma
CB 12 R. Ayala
CB 2 M. Pellegrino
LB 15 A. Carboni
DM 19 R. Baraja
RM 6 G. Mendieta (c)
LM 18 K. González
AM 35 P. Aimar
CF 7 J. Carew
CF 17 J. Sánchez

25 A. Palop, 5 M. Đukić, 16 F. Aurélio, 4 D. Deschamps, 8 Z. Zahovič, 14 Vicente, 23 D. Albelda, M: H. Cúper
valencianoVCF1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 1st, 2012, 17:11   #33
Tay-che
Forum Manager
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by valencianoVCF1
Soldado, Alba, Guaita???
They're not world class though. Guaita out of the 3 is potentially and he's a GK so it doesn't count. We don't have a player of the highest calibure anymore.
Quote:
HOC the dogger.

Scary thought.

I NINGÚ MOS PARARÁ,
ORGULLOSOS DEL TUE NOM,
Old May 1st, 2012, 17:15   #34
valencianoVCF1
Premier Player

Teams: Valencia CF, period!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tay-che
They're not world class though. Guaita out of the 3 is potentially and he's a GK so it doesn't count. We don't have a player of the highest calibure anymore.
You are right, but it's always been like that. I remember when we signed Villa, no one knew him, and even when he started impacting the fans, he wasn't know world wide, after He moved to Barcelona, that's when He started to be know world wide, and he had better numbers in Valencia.
Uefa Champions League Final 2001

Valencia CF
GK 1 S. Cańizares
RB 20 J. Angloma
CB 12 R. Ayala
CB 2 M. Pellegrino
LB 15 A. Carboni
DM 19 R. Baraja
RM 6 G. Mendieta (c)
LM 18 K. González
AM 35 P. Aimar
CF 7 J. Carew
CF 17 J. Sánchez

25 A. Palop, 5 M. Đukić, 16 F. Aurélio, 4 D. Deschamps, 8 Z. Zahovič, 14 Vicente, 23 D. Albelda, M: H. Cúper
valencianoVCF1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 1st, 2012, 19:22   #35
michelco
Forum Manager
International

Teams: Valencia C.F
i wish putin would get into football coaching. he'd be excellent.
michelco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 1st, 2012, 19:24   #36
hero of canton
Legend

Teams: Portuguese Mafia CF
yeah, he'd send every madrid and barca player to siberia -> liga title here we come
hero of canton is online now   Reply With Quote
Old May 1st, 2012, 19:41   #37
Tay-che
Forum Manager
Legend

Espanyol just lost to Granada. Poch? Is he even better than Unai, nah...
Quote:
HOC the dogger.

Scary thought.

I NINGÚ MOS PARARÁ,
ORGULLOSOS DEL TUE NOM,
Old May 1st, 2012, 20:55   #38
valencianista21
Premier Player

Ever Banega is the only world class player we have.
valencianista21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 1st, 2012, 21:05   #39
Tay-che
Forum Manager
Legend

*only when he wants to be though.
Quote:
HOC the dogger.

Scary thought.

I NINGÚ MOS PARARÁ,
ORGULLOSOS DEL TUE NOM,
Old May 1st, 2012, 23:11   #40
loco4losgays
Honorable Mention, October Photo Contest 2008
Premier Player

Teams: valencia
djukic if we cant get deschamps. i wanna see some of these lazy fat ***** get kicked into shape
HALA my ARSE!

-Che Que Bo-
loco4losgays is offline   Reply With Quote