Juventus, Tomorrow belongs to them! - Xtratime Community
Go Back   Xtratime Community > European Football > Italian Football > Juventus
Register Blogs FAQ Prediction League Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old April 30th, 2012, 20:33   #1
dpforever
Premier Player

Teams: Juventus
Juventus, Tomorrow belongs to them!

This very nice article was written by Johann Crochet, published on Eurosport.fr after our victory against Roma and adapted on Myjuventus by Shaman SuperVagabond. Enjoy!

In the wake of a new show of force against Roma (4-0), Juve gets closer more and more of an 28th (number 30 for us Tifosi Bianconeri) league title in Italy. The new project launched by the Agnelli family has more than met the expectations of fans and observers. The club must now start the second stage of the rocket bianconera to find the place that was theirs before 2006 and Calciopoli. Financial resources are available, the enthusiasm is back yet, Antonio Conte has some concerns...

A solid foundation
In eight months, officials have built a solid group based on a very successful mercato. Lichtsteiner has filled the mistakes of last year on the right flank (Motta, Sĝrensen, Grygera), Pirlo runs the midfield of a master hand, Vidal has all of what a modern midfielder must have, capable of defending, restarting, penetrating and scoring, Vucinic brings a touch of madness offensively (although we are still waiting more of the Montenegrin), Matri scored ten goals while Estigarribia and Giaccherini have strengthened the bench.

Juve also found something they had lost. Or rather buried too deeply. Their DNA. Their reputation. of a catchy team, that never missed a beat. A team with character that can reverse some complicated situations. Even with this touch of arrogance that makes them the most hated club in Italy. The club owes the back of "The Juve mentality" to their coach, Antonio Conte. He was able to reinvigorate the club and imposing extraordinary discipline. Young but already very competent coach, he allows himself the luxury of varying the diagrams (4-3-3, 3-5-2) with success and knows how to respond tactically to the challenges imposed by the opponents.

Yesterday for example, the finding was final between Juventus of Conte and Roma of Luis Enrique, without any idea, no alternative to ball possession and no desire to revolt, while the turins have unrolled like they have never did it before.

The fears

Three-point lead with four games remaining, with a particular difference superior on milan (1 win, 1 draw), and a very decent calendar, Juve have the cards to win the Scudetto. And also a right to make a mistake even if the temptation to finish the season undefeated is huge. This rosy table conceals a concern among Antonio Conte.

Conte has experience as a former Juve player. He has evolved in the "Great Juve" and each year he saw players of great talent come to strengthen the team and play on all tables. Next year, whatever happens, first or second, the Bianconeri will play the Champions League. A competition that feeds of physical and mental energy and that needs to be approached with a maximum of good players. And Conte, despite the euphoria associated with this great season, he knows that he will have to strengthen his squad to play the serie A and the CL thoroughly. Antonio Conte has the ambition and he has inherited from his time at Juve. A presence in the Champions League is not enough, he must play it thoroughly. It's normality in the mentality of the great Italian clubs.

However, Antonio Conte fears that a Scudetto title in the first year can convince his directors not to invest as much as expected. This is why he has already announced that there will be a big meeting at the end of the season to decide what strategy to adopt for the future. And he hopes to seek the respect of the planned investments, even if he wins the Scudetto. We talk of a minimum package of € 60m to buy great players. Not to strengthen the bench but to add more quality to that squad.

A capital mercato

Juve supporters are at least as demanding as their coach. At the forefront of expectations, is the lack of a major center-forward in the squad. Matri has certainly scored ten goals but he is not the waited top finisher. And this will be the main site of Juventus at the end of the 38th day. The dream is called Van Persie but other clubs, if he were to leave Arsenal, have superior financial resources. Juve was positioned on Luis Suarez whose value is estimated at € 25m. A more realistic transfer but already many voices raised in Italy against a probable arrival of a player convicted racist by the FA. The other tracks (Cavani, Higuain, Dzeko, Damiao) will be activated only in case of failure of the first two.

In midfield, the trio Vidal-Pirlo-Marchisio being untouchable, there must be players to strengthen the group more than to upset the hierarchy. Giaccherini being confirmed while the young hope Verratti (Pescara) should be the "Vice Pirlo" and study the secrets of the Maestro in the shadow. Izco (Catania) is also followed when Nainggolan and Asamoah seem too good to be playing the reserves luxury. In defense, a very talented left back is expected while a centre back "to make the number" will certainly be signed.

The Juve's project being on a long term, but with a requirement of an immediate performance, the sporting director Marotta continues to follow some young talents, based on Roma's exemple and their incredible pool. The second stage of the Juve's rocket is about to be turned on while the homing remains at the top. And this is Juve's little revolution: having a competitive group each year and prepare for the long term. In order that the future will be theirs.

Source: eurosport.fr (by Johann CROCHET (twitter @roycod) )
Adapted by Shaman SuperVagabond

Read more: http://www.myjuventus.net/2012/04/ju...#ixzz1tYO9BVTu
“When I hear someone criticise my players, who work themselves to the bone, then I get furious. If you have to criticise, then pick on me and leave my lads alone, as they are like blood brothers for me." - Antonio Conte
dpforever is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old May 1st, 2012, 06:33   #2
dpforever
Premier Player

Teams: Juventus
What do you guys think our future holds? Can we say that we are an established side now? Or is this just a one-off season in which other factors played their part (Milan squad ravaged with injuries/Napoli drop in form post-CL exit/ Inter having a disastrous season/Roma having difficulties adapting with LE).

I am very optimistic for the future and believe we can only get better from here. The stadium and Conte's appointment are 2 major factors that have played a huge role in our current success and both are constants. Also, Pirlo's performance was just magestic this season and hopefully we can count on him for another 2-3 seasons even though it is not a guarantee as players are prone to injuries and/or drop in form. The same could also be said of the performances of our whole backline, Vidal, Marchisio & Vucinic finally clicking. With quality signings there is room for imrovement.
“When I hear someone criticise my players, who work themselves to the bone, then I get furious. If you have to criticise, then pick on me and leave my lads alone, as they are like blood brothers for me." - Antonio Conte
dpforever is offline   Reply With Quote