CL Semi Final 1st Leg |FC Bayern München vs. Real Madrid CF| 17.04.2012 @ 20:45 CET - Page 10 - Xtratime Community
Go Back   Xtratime Community > European Football > Spanish Football > Real Madrid
Register Blogs FAQ Prediction League Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

View Poll Results: MOM?
Casillas 1 5.88%
Ramos 0 0%
Pepe 2 11.76%
Arbeloa 1 5.88%
Coentrao 1 5.88%
Khedira 7 41.18%
Alonso 0 0%
Ozil 2 11.76%
Ronaldo 0 0%
Di Maria 0 0%
Benzema 3 17.65%
Higuain 0 0%
Granero 0 0%
Marcelo 0 0%
Voters: 17. You may not vote on this poll

Old April 18th, 2012, 03:04   #181
El Blanco
Star Player

a draw would've been a fantastic result, still we will be going for the win and at home I'm confident. anyway thought Jose didn't make the best choices with subs, expected Granero to come in but I was really hoping for some Kaka or Sahin getting some action.

Arbeloa did great shutting Ribery btw, cant really understand the frustration of pipita to get a card or even Marcelo tackle to muller.
Quote:
One time we played Cagliari and before the game I asked him: 'Do you know the name of the centre-back of Cagliari?' 'No'. 'No?! You are not a professional. You have to know the skills of the opponent. You have to know the name of the centre-back'. 'Mister', said Ronaldo, 'I don't know the name of the player I play against. But he knows me'!''
El Blanco is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old April 18th, 2012, 03:11   #182
Hala Madrid
Forum Manager
Legend

Teams: Real Madrid & Spain
We played pretty bad alot of times this season but somehow and someway got away with it and won but tonight was a different story. Most of our guys had stinkers out there (Coentrao was shockingly bad tonight) but having said that, im pretty confident in the return leg solely due to the fact we are playing at the Bernabeu and we got that valuable away goal. I dont think their defence can keep Ronaldo quiet for two games and we will definitely score, we just have to play smart and composed defence to keep them off the scoresheet which is very doable in my opinion.
VIVA ESPAÑA Y HALA MADRID
Hala Madrid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 18th, 2012, 03:18   #183
Madridi19
International

Teams: Real Madrid
Bad game from us.

Coentrao howler at the end may be what costs us the tie.

Historically, RM don't play well in Germany (1 win in 23 games?) but they have to come to the fortress that is the Santiago Bernabeu. Their entire back line is booked and will not want to miss the final so we must attack them and attack them hard.
The good thing is we can grind out a 1-0 win but the bad thing is it would be difficult to get a clean sheet going for the win.

- Arbeloa did great frustratng Ribery all game.
- We didn't deserve to win the game but a draw would've been great
- Khedira MOM for me
- I really think a Khedira Xabi Sahin midfield would've been ideal in this game
- I can't believe Ronaldo wore a short sleeve shirt
Madridi19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 18th, 2012, 03:20   #184
Karim Benzema
R0naldo
Legend

The thing is when the mentality and the orders of MOU are to be cautious we think that Coentrao will be super defending and he is the player that has to play on the left when we play like that.

But the thing is that Coentrao can not defend.He is confused all the times.Making wrong decisions.And in Attack he is LOST. Completely.Coentrao was suppose to even get red card in this game but luckily he did not

Subbing Ozil for Marcelo was bad bad bad.If Marcelo was subbed than those counter attackes would have be so much more dangerous.

The only player that IS outmost perfect in counter attacks is Benzema.He always passes the ball on time and at the right player.

Too bad we dont have any other player except Marcelo that can stay calm in those crucial quick passes.

We had 2-3 good chances to convert from counter attacks but once the ball gets to Ronaldo or Ozil and theres no one up front the counter is lost.And Coentrao can do jack shit there.unlike MArcelo whos always there to lead the attack so Ronaldo can run forward.And Benzema would do the crucial pass for counter and whoever gets is ozil or ronaldo always pass it back to running marcelo and they all run in the box.thats why MArcelo is so needed.In those moments you need a full back to support the counter.

Coentrao has no quick pass.no cross.no dribble.Nothing.and he is bad defender over all.I honestly dont know why he playes for RM.Varane has to start playing.He would have be lot better than Ramos honestly.Arbeloa again.with his ups and downs.today he was great in defense.I dont even know is he passed the midfield tho.

Very very bad tactic.We have to press all the time.thats the only game we know to play.letting Bayern play was a disaster.I dunno i think that VArane would have put GOmez in his pocket.I have so much confidence in the player

All in all.If there was not for Benzemas brilliance for the game this would have be goal less game for us.but its all good now since we at least scored.

Lets hope for attacking football at bernabeu.

HALA MADRID
Karim Benzema is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 18th, 2012, 03:23   #185
Karim Benzema
R0naldo
Legend

MoM Benzema for me.he had to pass the ball twice to ronaldo so we can score.
Old April 18th, 2012, 04:19   #186
sagyv
Forum Manager
World Class Player

to Coentrao defense, which he was truly awful tonight, don't expect a guy to be at top form, fluid, agile and also understand the defense line, when he's barely playing.
Mou basically bought him for these defensive games, but he forgot that its hard to have a player at top form without actually letting him play.
some of you already mentioned it, but this is like 3rd time we concede on the or around the 90th minute - if this is bringing any red lights in mourinho's mind - then that's a big problem. this is a mentality problem. players slacking and thinking of the showers before the game actually ended. this is coming from the manager.

I though the sub was actually good, but I thought mou was going for the kill when he brought marcelo in, instead he went for the "tie" and marcelo is the wrong player for that.

anyone thinking, next game is an easy 1:0 win is delusional.
There is no way at our current form that we will not concede a goal in the next game.
We need *at least* 3 goals to go through. We for sure much more and players have more confidence at home, however, it will be nerve breaking. right now the chances are 50/50 of going through.
No Mourinho
---------------
No Problem!!
sagyv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 18th, 2012, 04:23   #187
Che
Community Manager
Xtratime Legend

and to Coentrao defense Ramos misplayed his position by taking a step forward
"To go down as the greatest, it will take lots of work but that is my target. If you go down as the greatest at Madrid it means you are one of the greatest of all time."

CRISTIANO RONALDO
Che is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 18th, 2012, 05:32   #188
bxaftw
Rising Star

Is nobody else annoyed with benzema's shooting? I know there is much more to his game than just being a striker, and his build up is invaluable, I think of him as an intelligent play making striker.

But when it is his cue to shoot, like the 2 clear chances he had today, and the curler from the edge of the box, he just doesn't seem aggressive enough, his shots are often limp attempts that often go in against lesser keepers, but against neuer they do nothing. I just hope he regains that aggressive insistence on scoring he had previously.
bxaftw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 18th, 2012, 05:48   #189
Josué
Forum Manager
Xtratime Elite

I really liked Khedira and Ozil. I thought they stepped it up and responded very well in a familiar environment, despite hostile conditions and having the magnifying glass directly on them.
A VENCER DESDE 1893

Oh lampião, levaste 5 no Dragão, nunca te esquecerás desta grande humilhação!

16:01 kat
*little pillows wrestling is another thing Josh does, when he is drunk *
Josué is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 18th, 2012, 06:16   #190
Madridi19
International

I just can't believe that the coolest person on the field was Pepe.

Still can't get over it.
Madridi19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 18th, 2012, 06:21   #191
sagyv
Forum Manager
World Class Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by bxaftw
Is nobody else annoyed with benzema's shooting? I know there is much more to his game than just being a striker, and his build up is invaluable, I think of him as an intelligent play making striker.

But when it is his cue to shoot, like the 2 clear chances he had today, and the curler from the edge of the box, he just doesn't seem aggressive enough, his shots are often limp attempts that often go in against lesser keepers, but against neuer they do nothing. I just hope he regains that aggressive insistence on scoring he had previously.
but added a lot going forward, you look at this guy, he is massive, his physics are very good, he "wave" off player by using brute force, which is what I like about him.
True to be said, he's finish inside the box is not the best.
No Mourinho
---------------
No Problem!!
sagyv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 18th, 2012, 06:30   #192
Josué
Forum Manager
Xtratime Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madridi19
I just can't believe that the coolest person on the field was Pepe.

Still can't get over it.
Hey, even when he loses his ****ing mind, Pepe is still the coolest dude on the field.
A VENCER DESDE 1893

Oh lampião, levaste 5 no Dragão, nunca te esquecerás desta grande humilhação!

16:01 kat
*little pillows wrestling is another thing Josh does, when he is drunk *
Josué is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 18th, 2012, 06:55   #193
bxaftw
Rising Star

I think pepe is always in control of himself, if he happens to kick someone it's because he wants to kick someone, or stomp on there hand.. I don't buy into him turning into some maniac, he knows what he is doing, and he does what is needed at the time.
bxaftw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 18th, 2012, 07:24   #194
charle
Rookie

I don't understand some of Mou tactics in this game. Why didn't he ask Ronaldo to track back and help out Coentrao? It seemed he plotted Ronaldo in free role without any responsibility to help out defensively. And maybe that's why he opted for Coentrao who's a more solid defender than Marcello. Coentrao is a legit defender indeed, but leaving Coentrao too often in 2v1 situation was just too risky and it's just a matter of time until he eventually got beaten.

Also, why did he put Di Maria centrally and Ozil on the right for substantial amount of time? I know Ozil was heavily marked with Bayern put 2-3 players on him to close him down whenever he touched the ball and hence couldn't really play they way he wanted. But what's the point of this long period of switch? Was that an effort to free up Ozil? Hard to say so since on the right he spent his majority of time doing the tracking back instead of attacking. Or was it the plan to use Di Maria to attack from the middle in the hope that he'd get more space assuming Ozil took his markers with him? Whatever the reasons were, I don't think it worked out well. Despite the marking, Ozil best minutes were when he's in the middle. In rare occassion where he's left a bit room in the middle led to him serving the pass to Benzema's early chance and picking up the equaliser goal. I don't see how it's a better idea to put him on the right. While Di Maria was just plain bad today wherever he played, right, middle, should have been taken out early after half time for Callejon (if he's on the bench) imo.

Did Marcelo came on because we actually need him at that point? Or was that just because he's in highest pecking order among the subs so it must be him? I tought putting in Granero first would be much more positive in impacting the game.

Also, what's the point of putting in Higuain in the last 10 minutes when we have no intention to attack and we barely have control over the game to create something for Higuain to finish off?

Benzema was much better than in the last 2-3 games, looked sharper and much better in his movement, kudos for his effort in the build up for the equaliser. But I would like him to be more clinical in such important fixture, iirc he got 3 decent chances which imo he should have put at least that one in early minutes in.

Ronaldo was relatively quiet due to heavy marking too and he screwed the best chance we had in second half with poor attempt, but did made up for it by assisting the goal.

What's up with Marcello's temper recently? Losing his cool much too often in recent matches.

Xabi needs a long break. Khedira did his part very well, especially in first half. Arbeola surprisingly had a good game. Pepe was very good, maybe MOTM. Ramos not so much.
charle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 18th, 2012, 07:38   #195
Karim Benzema
R0naldo
Legend

No honestly if I was benzema I would have leave this team.bunch of ungreatful ****s.

As every other game I watch this one 3 times.follow the loss balls that ronaldo had they Di Maria had and that benzema had.and hows bbenzema first touch and pass and of the players I mentioned.how is the ****ing finishing of those players and you will see what does Karin benzema do for this team

It would have be lot better for him yo stay in Lyon than to come to Rm. Honestly.

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk 2
Old April 18th, 2012, 07:41   #196
Karim Benzema
R0naldo
Legend

Oh and one more thing.I was about tho ****ing throw up from the endlessssssssss lost balls ronaldo had.and the poooooop of a shot that he had when benzema assisted to him.no body is ****ing talking about that .?!?

****ing 30 shots per game.poor benzema does not know what to play anymore.to pass the ball to shoot more to dribble yo run forward back.just to satisfied the ****ing ronaldo fans.go **** ur self all

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk 2
Old April 18th, 2012, 09:18   #197
Chosen-1
Rising Star

Di Maria and Özil switching because you needed more defensive work in the middle.
Bayern played Kroos behind Gomez, and he is a different player than Özil, who likes to stay up top and doesnt care about getting behind the ball.
So Gustavo, Schweinsteiger and Kroos had a one-man advantage against Khedira, Alonso and that's why Mourinho changed till the break. Just to match it up in the middle and stop Bayern from getting to dominate.

IMO that's what missing in Özils play.
1. He has to start getting involved in the defensive work. Not because Mourinho tells him, but because he understands that his team needs his work.
2. He has to start getting comfortable when coming deep and doing it more often. Against Barca he struggles for space and Mourinho has to play him and Kaka to free him of Busquets attention.
When things get tight for Xavi and Iniesta, they come very deep, even if they have to play behind Busquets, to get some touches and build the game from deep.

Özil never does that and leaves Alonso on his own for the entire game to build up the game. Khedira is not a playmaker, Ramos neither.
So Özil has to start developing his game to the next level.
Just my opinion!

Kroos did this great and that's what made Bayern the better team last night. More dominance in the middle.
Chosen-1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 18th, 2012, 09:19   #198
Michinho
on to the next one
Star Player

Teams: '09
My MoMs are Benzema and Khedira.

the best thing out of yesterdays game is the result. Normally a 2-1 away loss is perfect to reach the next stage, but what worried me was the attitude and the missing will to get an even better result. Our luck was that the 1-0 was before the halftime-break because you could see that the team is not able to get the things straight themselves, there is no real leader that shows the direction. our build up play were the long crosses from Pepe and Ramos which led to an huge amount of turnovers. with an eye on the clasico i am 100% sure we will get hammered with that kind of tactics.

nevertheless, still a good result and i still have hopes that we will see another intensity in the game vs barca and munich in the bernabeu.
Homer J. Simpson‏
Work time goes so slow and Moe's time goes so fast. If I worked at Moe's, would the universe collapse?
Michinho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 18th, 2012, 12:23   #199
Tony Montana
World Class Player

Teams: Team Kenny Powers
For those interested in tactics, read

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/b...ampions-league
Tony Montana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 18th, 2012, 12:50   #200
sukery
International

some times i guess mou doesnt study his rival.or he will not make mistakes at every big time
good luck castilla
sukery is offline   Reply With Quote