Serie A – remaining fixtures - Xtratime Community
Go Back   Xtratime Community > European Football > Italian Football > Milan
Register Blogs FAQ Prediction League Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old March 26th, 2012, 10:57   #1
Laudrup
World Class Player

Teams: A.C. Milan
Serie A – remaining fixtures

Normally I would be too worried about our UCL QF against Barcelona to think about Serie A. But due to the ridiculous injury situation, and knowing we don’t have an honest chance of winning that competition, the QF has become an inconvenient factor, an annoying interruption to our league campaign, bound to wear out the remaining players, as our squad atm. is so paper thin that even without this disturbance, we’d struggle to keep a determined Juve behind us.

Fortunately, we have managed to come out of the difficult third part of the season successfully, in spite of a loss to Lazio and draws against Juve and Napoli, as we’ve taken over 1st place and even have a 4 point advantage (effectively 3 as they win if the two sides end the season level on points).

Since we’re now entering the last quarter of the season, I thought it’s time to look at our schedule, which, on paper looks manageable but, knowing that nasty surprises might wait around any corner, it is of course way too early to start celebrating. It is worth noting, though, that 6 of our 9 matches are played at the San Siro, and in terms of positions in the table, the best side we’ll meet is the 7th placed Catania.

Matchday 30: Catania-Milan
Matchday 31: Milan-Fiorentina
Matchday 32: Chievo-Milan
Matchday 33: Milan-Genoa
Matchday 34: Milan-Bologna
Matchday 35: Siena-Milan
Matchday 36: Milan-Atalanta
Matchday 37: Inter-Milan
Matchday 38: Milan-Novara

How incredibly sweet it would be, after having beaten the rat's Inter to the title last season, to do the same thing to Conte's Juve this season

Last edited by Laudrup : March 26th, 2012 at 12:45. Reason: typo
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old March 26th, 2012, 11:03   #2
dabdob
Xtratime Legend

Teams: AC Milan, Netherlands
Here what I fear the most: ****ing Fiorentina will show up and ****ing Atalanta will do the same. Recently we haven't been doing great against these sides. Don't remember last season though. Then we'll end up with a decisive Derby, and once again, the tinkerman will tinker us because he has a good record against us and us only!

Nonetheless, seriea is what's left for now and we should focus there. I don't like to rule anything, but UCL is pretty much gone, unless a 2007 miracle happens again
My weekly rant!

27th May 1965: Over 16,000 days.

"For a moment there I returned to my youth, the early youth, when all nice illusions were gathered together. Then life came and, like a strong wind, blew them away, one by one. What we call happiness is sometimes the accordance between our life and circumstances, our biography and history, our personal aspirations and historical currents. If I look at things that way, I can say: I was born too early to be happy. But birth is one of the many things we do not get to choose. It is part of our destiny."
Alija Izetbegovic

"وما الحيله فقد اراد اعدائي ان يغطوا كل خدماتي بغطاء اسود وقد نجحوا في ذلك."

عبد الحميد الثاني
Old March 26th, 2012, 11:27   #3
Toscani
Premier Player

Teams: AC Milan
Catania and Inter are tricky, maybe Fiorentina too. Others we should win if we want the Scudetto.

e: Juve have much harder games IMO

Napoli (h)
Palermo (a)

Lazio (h)
Cesena (a)
Roma (h)
Novara (a)
Lecce (h)
Cagliari (a)
Atalanta (h)
Milan Associazione Calcio
Old March 26th, 2012, 12:04   #4
Laudrup
World Class Player

Toscani: it would appear, though, that to Juve the matches you didn't highlight are the most difficult ones. Unlike us, they've won most of their matches against big sides, while they struggle against the teams they should be beating rather easily.
Old March 26th, 2012, 12:28   #5
dabdob
Xtratime Legend

Teams: AC Milan, Netherlands
Juve will have 100% winning record. I can smell it!
My weekly rant!

27th May 1965: Over 16,000 days.

"For a moment there I returned to my youth, the early youth, when all nice illusions were gathered together. Then life came and, like a strong wind, blew them away, one by one. What we call happiness is sometimes the accordance between our life and circumstances, our biography and history, our personal aspirations and historical currents. If I look at things that way, I can say: I was born too early to be happy. But birth is one of the many things we do not get to choose. It is part of our destiny."
Alija Izetbegovic

"وما الحيله فقد اراد اعدائي ان يغطوا كل خدماتي بغطاء اسود وقد نجحوا في ذلك."

عبد الحميد الثاني
Old March 26th, 2012, 12:36   #6
Toscani
Premier Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laudrup
Toscani: it would appear, though, that to Juve the matches you didn't highlight are the most difficult ones. Unlike us, they've won most of their matches against big sides, while they struggle against the teams they should be beating rather easily.
Hehe, good point . I would still say Conte is a bit more nervous playing Napoli at home than Novara away .

Anyway, I think most would agree their schedule is more difficult than ours.
Milan Associazione Calcio
Old March 26th, 2012, 12:44   #7
jani
Scudetto
Xtratime Legend

Teams: Associazione Calcio Milan
We really should be winning all our remaining games with relative ease.

Our next one at Catania is tricky, and a derby is always a derby. But otherwise wrap the Scudetto and deliver it to Milanello

Old March 26th, 2012, 12:52   #8
Yashimi Nakitu
Forum Manager
Legend

Teams: Milan, BIH NT, Velez Mostar
We got this
Himna BIH

Mojoj dragoj BIH - BHFanaticos

Ne mogu te oni mrzit koliko te mi volimo
Old March 26th, 2012, 19:07   #9
Rodriguez
Forum Manager
Legend

Despite the injury list we should still have this scudetto sealed with the squad we have available. If this was Carletto's Milan I would be concerned, as that Milan often dropped points in inexplicable ways against mid-lower table sides. Allegri's Milan routinely turns over these sides.

Tyge is right in saying that Juve drop points against the weaker opposition. However I would be surprised if they beat Napoli, Lazio and Roma. If they do, hats off to them because it'll confirm how strong they've been against the big clubs. But that doesn't win you the scudetto.
Old April 2nd, 2012, 09:16   #10
Laudrup
World Class Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by jani
We really should be winning all our remaining games with relative ease.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yashimi Nakitu
We got this
Old April 2nd, 2012, 12:00   #11
jani
Scudetto
Xtratime Legend

Teams: Associazione Calcio Milan
Well, on paper.. Catania was the hardest
Old April 2nd, 2012, 13:58   #12
Milanista4ever
Premier Player

Teams: Milan
Milan is the strongest team in the league but that doesn't necessarily win you titles, not when you have such a curse in just about everything this year...major injuries, refs really costing us so much, heck even the timing of facing teams (see Inter, I bet they'll peak again by the time we play them)...Fiorentina, as garbage as they are decide to ****ing change coaches just in time for the Milan so this is not going to be an easy game for us.... Buve have all of the above going their way

If we take care of business, we can win it, but I really don't know what's the next misfortune awaiting us so you never know...it's probably best if we can get eliminated tomorrow so that we focus on the remaining Serie A games. If we miracolusly stay in CL I fear we're looking at a trophiless season, this season is reminding me of 2005/06 season and I hope it doesn't turn out that way when it's all said and done
Old April 8th, 2012, 10:03   #13
Rodriguez
Forum Manager
Legend

Ok, so we've screwed up our last couple of fixtures and this is our run-in:

Matchday 32: Chievo-Milan
Matchday 33: Milan-Genoa
Matchday 34: Milan-Bologna
Matchday 35: Siena-Milan
Matchday 36: Milan-Atalanta
Matchday 37: Inter-Milan
Matchday 38: Milan-Novara

On paper it is an easy run-in. With Juve's form we're certainly going to have to win the vast majority of them. Of course with the derby you don't know what will happen as it's a unique game, but if we're to retain our scudetto we need to be routinely beating these teams week after week. Despite the injuries we have a squad good enough to do it, and with no Coppa/CL distractions the players will have ample time to be physically, tactically and mentally prepared.
Old April 8th, 2012, 10:52   #14
brickeberg
Forum Manager
Legend

Juve-Lazio
Cesena-Juve
Juve-Roma
Novara-Juve
Juve-Lecce
Cagliari-Juve
Juve-Atalanta

I wouldn't say that Juventus has that many tough games either. They do well in the big games, get to play Atalanta and Lecce at home, the away games against Novara and Cesena should be easy and the Cagliari game will probably be played in a neutral venue.

I've frankly lost all hope and can't believe how we've screwed this up.
Originally Posted by bernmilan1
play with BALLS people, BALLS!

Originally Posted by barracuda
Well it's a two horse race, with both horses facing the wrong way, "entertaining" us with primarily manure all season.
Old April 8th, 2012, 15:34   #15
Dae
Forum Manager
Xtratime Legend

Teams: Milan-Sporting CP-USA-Mexico
How can you lose all hope when we are one point back with so many games left?
"Son, when you participate in sporting events, it's not whether you win or lose, but how drunk you get."

"There's no justice like mob justice."
Old April 8th, 2012, 16:59   #16
brickeberg
Forum Manager
Legend

How can I have any hope left when half the team is injured all the time, the rest play awful football and Juve is in such a good shape?
Originally Posted by bernmilan1
play with BALLS people, BALLS!

Originally Posted by barracuda
Well it's a two horse race, with both horses facing the wrong way, "entertaining" us with primarily manure all season.
Old April 9th, 2012, 03:29   #17
humanTORCH
Star Player

Teams: AC MILAN
We expect some lost points from Juve last three matches but they prove me wrong.
They deserve to be at the top unfortunately......
“Yesterday I was clever, so I wanted to change the world. Today I am wise, so I am changing myself.”
― Rumi
Old April 9th, 2012, 07:03   #18
ac_milan_foreva
World Class Player

Teams: AC Milan, Levski
next week I think Lazio will play for at least a draw as they need it for their CL hunt.
Old April 9th, 2012, 10:25   #19
SVETO
Rising Star

Next week , Lazio will be destroyed!!!
We Will Prevail!!!
Old April 9th, 2012, 10:51   #20
Laudrup
World Class Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by dabdob
Juve will have 100% winning record. I can smell it!
I think you may be right. They'll win their next 4 matches for sure, against Lazio, Roma and two already relegated sides, so this'll be over soon as we won't be able to to the same thing.

I think we'll be 3-4 points behind in a few days.

Two consecutive Scudetti is something we'll have to wait another 15-20 years to achieve. We're the most complacent club in the world. We almost threw away a 4 goal lead against Arsenal in half an hour, we threw away 5 points against two average sides in less than a week. This was ours to lose, and we lost it.
Closed Thread