Liga BBVA Round 23: Real Betis vs Athletic Club - Page 2 - Xtratime Community
Go Back   Xtratime Community > European Football > Spanish Football > Basque Football
Register Blogs FAQ Prediction League Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old February 11th, 2012, 22:46   #21
MANUTDfan666666
Star Player

Teams: WAYNE MARK ROONEY+10,Fernando Llorente+10, EESTI
another injury time goal conceded 2-1 to betis
MANUTDfan666666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old February 11th, 2012, 22:48   #22
MANUTDfan666666
Star Player

FT 2-1
Old February 11th, 2012, 22:51   #23
Firesox
Rising Star

Ref handed out way too many cards, but we can't completely blame him, we didn't really have control over that game. I was satisfied with a draw, especially after going down to 10,but its just disappointing to concede late again.
Firesox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 11th, 2012, 22:51   #24
Iribar
Fantasy Liga Txampion
Forum Manager
Legend

Teams: Athletic Club
The red card obviously helped but anyway I think Betis was clearly better in the second half. Deserved win for them, another last second loss/tie for us.
Iribar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 12th, 2012, 02:25   #25
tarquin29
Premier Player

This is getting f****** ridiculous...three of our last four games we have conceded after minute 90...six times in total this season resulting in 9 points lost.These are not points we could have had from hitting the woodwork,a penalty not given or a dubious offside decision...these were points in the bag!!!!!!!

No complaints tonight.Betis deserved their win and pressed highGorka's distribution is shit and the way we insist on playing out from the back makes us so predictable.

Another headed goal for us from a set piece.Our football is intricate at times but the majority of our recent goals have goals have come from headers.hmmmm.

This is also the time of the year we have a slump...you could set your watch to it.Things starting to unravel a bit and JM will be missed next week against Malaga.

Llorente will be playing for Man City next year.They made a bold bid for JM twice and always watch our players.

This is the best bunch of players we have has for a generation.Success is needed to keep this team together.
tarquin29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 12th, 2012, 12:52   #26
pachyderm
Rising Star

didn't think we played that poorly. could used a little more luck finishing.
the refs tho... they suck. i'm beginning to think La Liga is fixed.
"Hey you fellas, how 'bout some beans? Want some beans? Going through some mighty rough country tomorrow. You better have some beans..."
pachyderm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 12th, 2012, 14:08   #27
tarquin29
Premier Player

Pachy the officials are of a poor standard but certain players,like the guy who over reacted and got JM sent off,make it very diificult with their theatrics.

For what it's worth I don't the ref had a bad game tonight.We were clearly second best in one of our worst performances for quite a while.Betis deserved their win,just disappointing to concede so late...again.

Gonna be tough next week travelling to Moscow and then back to play Malaga on Sunday.Surely the powers that be could have given us the Monday slot.

Anyhow,enough moaning...onwards and upwards.

Betis do the double on us!
Old February 12th, 2012, 18:54   #28
MANUTDfan666666
Star Player

I will call last night's match as ''Nelson's revenge''(according to what i remember,not 100% sure)
Old February 12th, 2012, 21:37   #29
pachyderm
Rising Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by tarquin29
Pachy the officials are of a poor standard but certain players,like the guy who over reacted and got JM sent off,make it very diificult with their theatrics.

For what it's worth I don't the ref had a bad game tonight.We were clearly second best in one of our worst performances for quite a while.Betis deserved their win,just disappointing to concede so late...again.

Gonna be tough next week travelling to Moscow and then back to play Malaga on Sunday.Surely the powers that be could have given us the Monday slot.

Anyhow,enough moaning...onwards and upwards.

Betis do the double on us!
fair play then...
"Hey you fellas, how 'bout some beans? Want some beans? Going through some mighty rough country tomorrow. You better have some beans..."
pachyderm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 12th, 2012, 22:50   #30
MANUTDfan666666
Star Player

I said nelson's revenge cos,nelson the player who scored the winner,was the one in osasuna who messed up with goalie and gave MUNIAIN oppertunity to score the winner for us,no?
last season's match in reyno de navarra i think.
I guess that was him.
But i am not 100% sure.
Old February 12th, 2012, 22:59   #31
Pedroyeste
Premier Player

Teams: Athletic, Sheffield Wednesday, AIK
Quote:
Originally Posted by MANUTDfan666666
I said nelson's revenge cos,nelson the player who scored the winner,was the one in osasuna who messed up with goalie and gave MUNIAIN oppertunity to score the winner for us,no?
last season's match in reyno de navarra i think.
I guess that was him.
But i am not 100% sure.
Ye thats right!
Pedroyeste is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 13th, 2012, 01:19   #32
tarquin29
Premier Player

Correct lads but lets not forget his disgraceful simulation that left us with 10 men for most of that game after getting one of ours sent off for asbolutely nothing...one of our really gritty efforts to get 3 points there.

Be bloody tough this year as well...think they've only lost one at home.

Nelson is a little s**t!!..lol!
Old February 13th, 2012, 01:38   #33
tarquin29
Premier Player

As an aside guy's,someone asked recently how we were perceived in other cities in Spain.

We have a plave near Ayamonte where we go several times a year and often spend a few nights in Seville.We hotel nrat the cathedral but spend much of our time across the bridge in Triana which is ostensibly Betis territory.

I must confess to being a bit of a fraud in that I'm only 25% basque..i'm also 25% Irish and 50% English..my wife is 100% Basque.

We were in a bar there and getting on famously with the locals until,against my wifes advice,I announced I was an Athletic fan...well I was about as popular as a heterosexual at the Grammies and the atmosphere,whilst never threatening,changed completely.

They really don't like us...not much better on the Seville side either mind you.

Strangely enough even Ayamonte is a Real Madrid stronghold despite having Heulva nearby and being miles from the capital.

Suits us fine mind you..seige mentality and to be fair in Bilbao we don't like anyone either.I watched the relegation decider 2 years ago with my father in law who was cheering Real against Osasuna in the hope that if they won and the Pamplonans were relegated we could buy their best players!

The vagaries od Spanish footy!
Old February 13th, 2012, 04:15   #34
Firesox
Rising Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by tarquin29
We were in a bar there and getting on famously with the locals until,against my wifes advice,I announced I was an Athletic fan...well I was about as popular as a heterosexual at the Grammies and the atmosphere,whilst never threatening,changed completely.

Suits us fine mind you..seige mentality and to be fair in Bilbao we don't like anyone either.I watched the relegation decider 2 years ago with my father in law who was cheering Real against Osasuna in the hope that if they won and the Pamplonans were relegated we could buy their best players!

The vagaries od Spanish footy!
Firesox is offline   Reply With Quote