Ridiculous Rumours & News thread - Page 3 - Xtratime Community
Go Back   Xtratime Community > European Football > Spanish Football > Valencia
Register Blogs FAQ Prediction League Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old July 20th, 2003, 14:59   #41
Kick 'n' Run
Rising Star

Teams: Valencia, Liverpool
Anyone knows how much Arsenal is offering for him?

For me, if our team wants to sell someone to balance the books, I think it's okay to sell our keeper as we still have the reliable Palop. But this selling of players will definitely affect our chances next season. Celta Vigo is buying more quality players to boost their CL's chances. I don't know where Valencia will stand then. A good striker is indeed our top priority and hope that E'too will fulfil our expectations...
Kick 'n' Run is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old July 21st, 2003, 19:49   #42
Vicente
Rising Star

Teams: Spain ,Valencia
Maybe should consider selling some of those non-european players.......there are quite a number of non-EU players....no point having so many when only 3 are allowed.

Kily(left only 1 vicente as left wing) plus another one more.....

Should also seriously consider selling Carew.....rather than offloading the goal keeper.
Vicente is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 22nd, 2003, 18:12   #43
King Kenny7
MoMo
International

Teams: Liverpool
The Lopez deal is definately off according to what I've readm Orti is blaming it on Lopez' agent.

Rumours say that we are now after Morientes and an exchange could be on the cards, with Ayala being the possible candidate..

I like the idea of having Mori in our team but I don't want to see Ayala leave because we'd be really lacking depth without him and certainly not to Real, damn imagine their team with him ..

I just hope we DO sign a striker in the end or atleast a good forward becuz the thought of witnessing Carew do his stuff again is killing me...
King Kenny7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 22nd, 2003, 18:25   #44
Vicente
Rising Star

Quote:
I just hope we DO sign a striker in the end or atleast a good forward becuz the thought of witnessing Carew do his stuff again is killing me...
Exactly.

Very surprised that there are actually clubs interested in him.

Great.

What is Valencia still waiting for?

Quick sell him
Old July 22nd, 2003, 20:26   #45
Tears4Fears
Rising Star

Teams: Valencia , Juventus, Argentina
07/22/2003. Arsenal have reportedly reached agreement with Borussia Dortmund's goalkeeper Jens Lehmann on the personal terms of a three-year contract - although as yet a deal has not been approved by Borussia.

The website of the German football magazine Kicker, www.kicker.de, claims that a deal has been agreed between Lehmann and the Gunners that would take him to Highbury until 2006.

However, his current club are said to be holding out for a bigger transfer fee.

Dortmund are understood to be believed to be asking for £2.5 million for the 33-year-old goalkeeper, while the Gunners are apparently not prepared to offer more than £1.7 million.

The deal would therefore appear to hinge on whether or not the two clubs can reach a compromise on the fee.

Lehmann has made 129 appearances for Borussia Dortmund, to whom he is contracted until 2004, and featured for the German side against Arsenal in the first group phase of last season's Champions League.

His signing, if concluded, would bring to an end a frustrating search for a goalkeeper by the Gunners since David Seaman opted to join Manchester City earlier in the summer.

http://www.soccerage.com/en/13/o9085.html
soccerage

--------------------------------------------------------------

Looks like the possibility of Canizares leaving is low. We have yet sell any one of our players and we need to in order to balance the bank book. Initially, I thought Canizares would fetch us a handsome sum of money...but....

I love my daughter as much as Valencia.
Tht's why my daughter is named Valencia!
Tears4Fears is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 22nd, 2003, 20:34   #46
Tears4Fears
Rising Star

Ayala Issues Che Apology

R.Ayala apologied to Valencia and their supporters after he publicly slammed the club.

http://www.planetfootball.com/articl...es+Che+apology"/>

---------------------------------------------------------------------

Valencia After Marcelo Pletsch

Valencia is closing in on Pletsch after his consistent performance of 25 leagues appearances without a single yellow/red.

http://www.planetfootball.com/articl...e+Gladbach+ace

---------------------------------------------------------------------

Perhaps the club got ideas of shipping Ayala out. I would give Ayala the green light to go, and preferably, replace him with Milito. Currently, Milito has a point to prove and I'm sure he will in top class in no time.

Let's face it people, someone big has to go first...

Canizares, Ayala , Baraja , Carew
Old July 22nd, 2003, 20:37   #47
Vicente
Rising Star

All the so called 'potential transfers' rumours/news are all unreliable....

What Etoo + Lopez high chance.....crap......now still talk abt morientes....

....... still ended up as exactly the same squad as the previous season....nothing has changed....except for their jersey changing into something more awful than b4
Old July 22nd, 2003, 20:44   #48
Tears4Fears
Rising Star

I don't really like the new jersey, remember when TOYOTA sponsor Fiorentina and they were relegated!?!?

By the way, I never liked Morientes, I prefer E'to in all ways. Excepet that Morientes is indeed better looking than E'to...
Old July 22nd, 2003, 20:58   #49
Vicente
Rising Star

Quote:
By the way, I never liked Morientes, I prefer E'to in all ways. Excepet that Morientes is indeed better looking than E'to...
haha...no doubt abt that

I am wondering will Valencia still stick with their 1 striker formation.
Old July 25th, 2003, 11:36   #50
Vicente
Rising Star

Jaime Ortí, president of Valencia CF, declared yesterday that the team will have the reinforcements that the technicians consider necessary, and asked for a little more patience to the supporters, as he promises that the staff will have important incorporations before the presentation of the team, the next 13th of August...

yeah.....i am indeed starting to get abit impatient...
Old July 28th, 2003, 05:29   #51
Carson35
XT Post Number King
Xtratime Elite

Teams: INTER & Tottenham Hotspur
Valencia move for Espanyol striker Tamudo
tribalfootball.com - July 28, 2003

Valencia are ready to move for Espanyol striker Raul Tamudo.
The Spanish international has seen talks over a new contract stall in recent days and he could be sold by Espanyol before the start of the season.

Valencia are willing to offer £4 million for Tamudo, who has only a year left on his current deal.
My heart = INTER...No Matter Win or Lose...

Zanetti : I still remember my first day at Inter. I arrived with a plastic bag with my boots inside and I crossed the crowd of fans who were asking who I was. That's where it all started.....
Carson35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 31st, 2003, 08:10   #52
Almogàver
Senior Poster of the year 2007
Xtratime Legend

Teams: Futbol Club Barcelona
Canobbio and Oliveira??? I think Valencia supporters won't be very happy in August 13th.
Almogàver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 12th, 2003, 07:58   #53
Carson35
XT Post Number King
Xtratime Elite

Kily Discussions In Final Stages - Moratti
Latest News | Latest Transfer News | News Archive

A deal for Kily looks close (Reuters)
08/11/2003. Inter president Massimo Moratti has revealed that the club are close to signing Kily Gonzalez from Valencia.

"We are negotiating Kily Gonzalez's transfer, they tell me discussions are in the final stages," he told La Gazzetta dello Sport.

The two clubs have been in negotiations for some time over the Argentine who was linked with Inter over a year ago.

soccerage

Zanetti : I still remember my first day at Inter. I arrived with a plastic bag with my boots inside and I crossed the crowd of fans who were asking who I was. That's where it all started.....
Old August 13th, 2003, 15:54   #54
SPANIARD
Star Player

Teams: Real Madrid
It seems as if Jorge Lopez of Villareal is a Valencia player. He is an awesome midfielder, hope he does magic in the mestalla.
Still Madridista and apparently I have no honor
SPANIARD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 24th, 2003, 05:34   #55
Carson35
XT Post Number King
Xtratime Elite

Valencia want Real Madrid to keep Ayala word
tribalfootball.com - September 24, 2003

Valencia president Jaime Orti wants Real Madrid's Florentino Perez to stick to his promise of not trying to sign defender Roberto Ayala.
Orti said yesterday: "Real Madrid seems to be interested in Ayala. But I can tell you that Valencia are not interested in selling him.

"The player still has two years left on his contract and I hope Florentino keeps to his promise that he will not try to sign him."

Old October 25th, 2003, 07:18   #56
Carson35
XT Post Number King
Xtratime Elite

Valencia offered Chelsea, Spurs targets Robinho, Diego
tribalfootball.com - October 25, 2003

Valencia are the latest European giant to be linked with Santos pair Robinho and Diego.
Both players are also on Chelsea's wanted list, while Tottenham saw a deal for Diego collapse over the midfielder's transfer fee.

La Etiqueta says the Santos stars have been offered to Valencia by a South American agent.

The man in question is said to have setup the deal which saw Ricardo Oliveira join Valencia over the summer from Santos.

===============

Valencia to offer Atletico Madrid target Palop new deal
tribalfootball.com - October 25, 2003

Valencia have no intention of selling goalkeeper Andres Palop.
Atletico Madrid were credited with interest in Palop yesterday, but Valencia plan to open talks about a new contract extension with the shot-stopper.

Palop's current deal doesn't run out in 2005, but if he rejects Valencia's offer, president Jaime Orti will give the green light to sell the player.

Unlike Valencia, Atletico are offering Palop the No1 jersey at the Vicente Calderon.

Old November 3rd, 2003, 04:00   #57
Carson35
XT Post Number King
Xtratime Elite

Chelsea want Ayala

Valencia have held talks with Chelsea over Roberto Ayala’s future. The former Napoli and Milan central defender is valued at £10m and is also wanted by Real Madrid.

channel4

Old November 5th, 2003, 23:01   #58
Carson35
XT Post Number King
Xtratime Elite

Ayala denies Chelsea’s £8m bid

Roberto Ayala denies that Chelsea have made an £8m bid for him. The former Milan defender however did reveal Valencia have informed him of contact. "I have been told of Chelsea’s interest but I have a contract and until a firm offer is made it is useless to speak of this."

channel4

Old November 7th, 2003, 05:10   #59
Carson35
XT Post Number King
Xtratime Elite

Valencia waiting for written offer from Chelsea for Ayala
tribalfootball.com - November 7, 2003

Chelsea have made Valencia aware of their interest in defender Roberto Ayala.
Blues officials are playing down reports that an £8 million bid has been lodged, however AS says talks have been held between Valencia officials and intermediaries working on behalf of Chelsea owner Roman Abramovich.

In recent days the Chelsea rep spoke with Valencia officials by phone to inform them of the Blues' interest in signing Ayala in January. No transfer fee or contract was discussed.

As yet, Valencia are still to receive anything in writing from Chelsea, but a meeting could be scheduled this month to discuss Ayala's immediate future.

================

Inter Milan offer Valencia Cordova, Farinos for Aimar
tribalfootball.com - November 7, 2003

Inter Milan president Massimo Moratti is set to initiate talks with Valencia over attacking midfielder Pablo Aimar.
The Argentina international has emerged as one of Europe's most exciting players and a prime target for Inter under the management of new coach Alberto Zaccheroni.

Aimar's buyout clause is £40 million, however Inter plan to lessen the cash commitment by offering two players in part-exchange.

Spanish midfielder Javier Farinos and highly-rated defender Ivan Cordova will both become part of a deal if Inter receive encouragement from Valencia.

Moratti has a good relationship with Valencia officials, having already raided the Spanish Liga club in the past for Farinos, coach Hector Cuper and Kily Gonzalez.

Old November 8th, 2003, 03:09   #60
Carson35
XT Post Number King
Xtratime Elite

Zac asks for Aimar swoop Saturday 8 November, 2003

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Alberto Zaccheroni has identified Pablo Aimar as the January signing who can make his Inter tick.

The Argentine creative midfielder (pictured) holds a Spanish passport and may well be available for a price.

Zac has been forced to mould his line-up from a squad that was built for Hector Cuper’s 4-4-2 system.

But the January transfer window will give him the opportunity to bring in players to suit his favoured 3-4-3 approach.

The club will not even be forced to spend too much money in order to tempt Valencia in to a sale.

Real Madrid have been given thirty days to begin paying the extra £7m owing as part of the original Ronaldo transfer in 2002.

This cash, plus some brought in from the sale of a defender – most likely Ivan Cordoba – will be enough to bring in Aimar.

The talented 24-year-old is also appreciated by President Massimo Moratti and can bring extra creativity to a side currently lacking in vision.

Meanwhile, Zaccheroni has bitterly criticised his own players for failing to attack Lokomotiv Moscow in their 1-1 midweek draw.

“I know why we struggled,” he revealed, “but I want a different Inter side to face Ancona on Sunday. I assure you, it will not be the same team.”

Sabri Lamouchi may be promoted to the first team in place of the not 100 per cent fit Emre Belozoglu, while Alvaro Recoba is unlikely to feature due to an ankle problem.

This gives Julio Ricardo Cruz the chance to start alongside an increasingly irritable Christian Vieri.

“This team is not accustomed to taking the initiative,” added Zac in a sideswipe at his predecessor Cuper.

“They often close up and wait for the opponent to attack. I want a more confident squad that is aware of its capabilities and responsibilities.”

channel4