XT for JESUS: Why do you believe in GOD? - Xtratime Community
Go Back   Xtratime Community > Off Topic > Community > Xtratime Lounge
Register Blogs FAQ Prediction League Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old March 16th, 2012, 07:31   #1
Dagoods
DAGOODS = RATINGS
Legend
 
Dagoods's Avatar
 
Join Date: 09 2002
Location: Metropolis
Teams: REAL MADRID, "U", AC MILAN, CHICAGO BULLS, NY YANKEES!
Posts: 18,675
Blog Entries: 1
XT for JESUS: Why do you believe in GOD?

Do you have a testimony you would like to share with other believers/non-believers?

If you are a believer, please share your testimony with all of us. Why do you believe in the Son of Man ?


I BELONG TO JESUS!!!

John 3:16 - For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.


Dagoods is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 16th, 2012, 07:33   #2
GamE_Ove12
Legend
 
GamE_Ove12's Avatar
 
Join Date: 09 2004
Posts: 16,712
Why did God create man? Who created God? If you can answer this I will believe.
GamE_Ove12 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old March 16th, 2012, 07:54   #3
.BLAUGRANA.
Le Pastie
Legend
 
.BLAUGRANA.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: 08 2002
Location: Milwaukee
Teams: Barça
Posts: 15,650
Blog Entries: 1
Because if I don't I'll go to hell.
"Sóm més que un club!"
.BLAUGRANA. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 16th, 2012, 20:30   #4
Very Fat Llama
Premier Player
 
Very Fat Llama's Avatar
 
Join Date: 05 2011
Location: Berlin, Germany
Posts: 1,448
Quote:
Originally Posted by .BLAUGRANA.
Because if I don't I'll go to hell.
It's called the Pascal’s Gambit.

"Since the existence of God cannot be proved or disproved through reason, and there is much to be gained from wagering that God exists and little to be gained from wagering that God doesn’t exist, a rational person should simply wager that God exists and live accordingly."
Very Fat Llama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 26th, 2013, 16:37   #5
MK-Inter
Star Player
 
MK-Inter's Avatar
 
Join Date: 07 2006
Location: UAE
Teams: INTER,PALESTINE,UAE
Posts: 4,841
Quote:
Originally Posted by GamE_Ove12
Why did God create man? Who created God? If you can answer this I will believe.
As a muslim I can share an answer with you.

I'm offering this answer, because this topic is about God, and we believe Islam is a completion and continuation of Christianity and Judaism, with a few difference.

The Quran, gives the most simplest answer to these 2 questions.

Why did God create man ? It says in the Quran that God created man and the Jinn ( who we believe to be the unseen world ) for the simplest reason and that is just to worship him. That's the simplest answer the Quran gives, although that does not mean this is you'r direct entry to heaven nor is it just to pray. These 2 are what elevates you in the here after, and these 2 things are what helps in this world, as it will remove the love for materilasim.

What gets you to heaven, is what good you do in this world. What humanity you do. This is why we can't judge who goes to heaven or hell being a muslim or non-muslim. There's a fine line until someone can be declared a non-believer, and it's not us who can declare it, because if someone wasn't introduced the proper manner with proof for him to believe, it's very hard to declare him a non-believer.

As to who created God, this is a question were you have to understand a certain philosophy. The Quran says God is different from us, God is not the same. It's a total different thing. To us and to the universe, creation has to happen for existence, this does not apply to God. Creation or evolution if you believe in it, is a creation it self. It's a thing that has been created. This is why you have to understand what Islam teaches, is that God is different from us, God is not a human or anything we know, God is a power.

Sorry for sharing it in a topic of Christian belief, but I thought I would share it.

For the people who say the world without Religion would have been better, this is false. There's no religion in the world in it's proper manner teaches anything but peace and how to treat one another.

Funny when people say God loves everyone, so God must be ok with Rape and etc.... No, God created us on earth to have the privilege of life, and created us into different nation and tribes so we can get to know one another. It's the people's actions that ruin this life and not God.

Tragedies happen so we as humans can to how to fight them and strength our selves, and for us humans to know how to patience and the ability to grow and help one another. Two things which are keys to have a successful world.
Interista <3 Palestine.

Thank you, Massimo Moratti. Thank you so much. Number one Inter fan.
MK-Inter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 26th, 2013, 17:02   #6
cam
HEY, WHA' HAPPENED?
Xtratime Legend
 
cam's Avatar
 
Join Date: 10 2000
Location: Inverness
Teams: Ross County, Green Bay Packers
Posts: 23,956
Quote:
Originally Posted by MK-Inter
Tragedies happen so we as humans can to how to fight them and strength our selves, and for us humans to know how to patience and the ability to grow and help one another. Two things which are keys to have a successful world.
I'd rather be weak & people not starve to death or have their houses fall on their heads in an earthquake, but that's just me. I clearly don't have Yahweh's view of the big picture...
Quote:
Originally Posted by LimboMan2009
we need to do something about moral relativism because it's really damaging the air condition. there's alot of harassing going on out there, specially during the night, and they use moral relativism to justify it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Forza Napoli
SerieB isn't SerieA.
Quote:
Originally Posted by colocolo
He looks Gaylord !!!!
cam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 26th, 2013, 17:02   #7
Firdaus
Mister
Community Manager
Xtratime Legend
 
Firdaus's Avatar
 
Join Date: 10 1999
Teams: Inter, Leicester City
Posts: 33,020
Quote:
Originally Posted by MK-Inter
There's a fine line until someone can be declared a non-believer, and it's not us who can declare it, because if someone wasn't introduced the proper manner with proof for him to believe, it's very hard to declare him a non-believer.
What does this mean? If you say you're a non-believer or that you do not wish to practise the religion, that's not enough to opt out? You need to be told all the reasons why you should believe before you say no?

I fully understand the idea of "spreading the word". But it's preposterous to prevent someone from practising whatever they want to while at the same time operating under the pretense that there's no objection to that. Btw, I'm not singling out any religion here. A lot of the strong religions have done or continue to do this sort of thing.

It's just ridiculous that so many barriers are placed in the way of opting out when you were auto-included in the first place.

Even corporations have done this to a lesser extent in the form of those that try and make it as hard as possible for you to cancel your recurring payments. They had no problem billing you each month but when it's time to cancel, you need to move mountains.
Firdaus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 26th, 2013, 17:12   #8
Andy Christ
1st Tier Poster
Xtratime Legend
 
Andy Christ's Avatar
 
Join Date: 10 2003
Location: Tallinn, Estonia
Teams: Estonia
Posts: 33,436
Quote:
Originally Posted by MK-Inter

Why did God create man ? It says in the Quran that God created man and the Jinn ( who we believe to be the unseen world ) for the simplest reason and that is just to worship him.
Allah sounds a lot like Dagoods to me.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Remi
It's precisely because I don't think I know what is best for other people that I believe in a voluntary society. It's leftists who think so little of people that they think they can legislate correct behavior by the force of a gun. That is true sociopathy. Also I was never a marxist. And I don't piss on women, I like lesbian watersports.
Andy Christ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 10th, 2013, 21:04   #9
Azzkikr
XT's Resident Ladyboy Aficionado
International
 
Azzkikr's Avatar
 
Join Date: 03 2006
Location: Denmark
Teams: Inter
Posts: 7,307
Quote:
Originally Posted by GamE_Ove12
Why did God create man? Who created God? If you can answer this I will believe.
You are not too bright are you...
Azzkikr is online now   Reply With Quote
Old March 16th, 2012, 07:55   #10
HOMESMOINA!
Forum Manager
Legend
 
HOMESMOINA!'s Avatar
 
Join Date: 04 2011
Teams: MANCHESTER UNITED, Shillong Lajong FC.
Posts: 17,486
Blog Entries: 5
HOMESMOINA! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 16th, 2012, 08:09   #11
Zico 10
Moist Old Captain
Administrators
Xtratime Legend
 
Zico 10's Avatar
 
Join Date: 09 2000
Posts: 40,723
I believe in Joe-see ..

Did I tell you about the immune system? It's amazing.
Zico 10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 16th, 2012, 08:44   #12
kat
THE
Legend
 
kat's Avatar
 
Join Date: 07 1999
Posts: 13,413
I need to blame someone for this crap
kat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 16th, 2012, 10:00   #13
Nacka
\(*_*)/
Forum Manager
Legend
 
Nacka's Avatar
 
Join Date: 09 2001
Teams: FC Internazionale, The Hedgehogs
Posts: 17,362
Because...

Quote:
Originally Posted by BM_1
ha! i read about height. nacka, you are mongoloid.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Materazzi
"Benitez is one of those who thinks they know everything and if you meet him in the pub you will punch him."
Nacka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 16th, 2012, 13:02   #14
Pila
Community Analyst
Forum Manager
Xtratime Legend
 
Pila's Avatar
 
Join Date: 05 2000
Location: Noo Joisy!
Teams: Benfica; Portugal
Posts: 31,855
Bwah!
Freedom is the great liberator of the mind – it threatens only the comfort of the sequacious intellect.

"ai am person tu!!!!"

Fight the Power!!!

http://members.cox.net/fantasychamp/power.jpg
Pila is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 16th, 2012, 13:16   #15
barracuda
Legend
 
barracuda's Avatar
 
Join Date: 05 2004
Teams: Sympathy for the Devil
Posts: 14,069
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dagoods
Do you have a testimony you would like to share with other believers/non-believers?
I can testify to my stomach being on the hard side today. I am happy to share it with you if you give me your mailing address
"Have you noticed that their stuff is shit and your shit is stuff?"
- George Carlin (1937 – 2008)
barracuda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 16th, 2012, 13:54   #16
cam
HEY, WHA' HAPPENED?
Xtratime Legend
 
cam's Avatar
 
Join Date: 10 2000
Location: Inverness
Teams: Ross County, Green Bay Packers
Posts: 23,956
Because fucking magnets, how do they work?



Violent J & Shaggy 2 Dope, the latter day Thomas Aquinas & Augustine of Hippo.
Quote:
Originally Posted by LimboMan2009
we need to do something about moral relativism because it's really damaging the air condition. there's alot of harassing going on out there, specially during the night, and they use moral relativism to justify it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Forza Napoli
SerieB isn't SerieA.
Quote:
Originally Posted by colocolo
He looks Gaylord !!!!
cam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 16th, 2012, 13:57   #17
barracuda
Legend
 
barracuda's Avatar
 
Join Date: 05 2004
Teams: Sympathy for the Devil
Posts: 14,069
The same Thomas Aquinas who, in his infinate wisdom, said that swallowing semen was the equivalent of cannibalism?
"Have you noticed that their stuff is shit and your shit is stuff?"
- George Carlin (1937 – 2008)
barracuda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 16th, 2012, 14:02   #18
cam
HEY, WHA' HAPPENED?
Xtratime Legend
 
cam's Avatar
 
Join Date: 10 2000
Location: Inverness
Teams: Ross County, Green Bay Packers
Posts: 23,956
Quote:
Originally Posted by barracuda
The same Thomas Aquinas who, in his infinate wisdom, said that swallowing semen was the equivalent of cannibalism?
Hey, it's a valid point. Vegetarians can't swallow, can they, or else they be cheatin'. You know how you get like Pescetarianism, where they'll eat fish & shellfish but not cow or sheep? And you get ones who'll eat poultry but not cow & sheep. Well, none of them are really vegetarians, they all be cheatin', and so are cumguzzling veggies. Brutal truth. Cumitarianism or summat.

(Really though, you sorta missed my point, I just named probably the 2 most famous Christian theologians/philosophers from history, they don't represent my opinions any more than Shaggy 2 Dope & Violent J do)

And because I'm too lazy to articulate my own views, here's someone who can articulate his own views quite well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LimboMan2009
we need to do something about moral relativism because it's really damaging the air condition. there's alot of harassing going on out there, specially during the night, and they use moral relativism to justify it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Forza Napoli
SerieB isn't SerieA.
Quote:
Originally Posted by colocolo
He looks Gaylord !!!!
cam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 16th, 2012, 14:52   #19
Dagoods
DAGOODS = RATINGS
Legend
 
Dagoods's Avatar
 
Join Date: 09 2002
Location: Metropolis
Teams: REAL MADRID, "U", AC MILAN, CHICAGO BULLS, NY YANKEES!
Posts: 18,675
Blog Entries: 1
How does Dagoods know that Dennys is right?
SIMPLE:



I BELONG TO JESUS!!!

John 3:16 - For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.


Dagoods is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 16th, 2012, 14:59   #20
Morierinho
Xtratime Legend
 
Morierinho's Avatar
 
Join Date: 05 2006
Teams: Inter; Stoke
Posts: 20,749


Sent from your mom GT-N7000

z button doesnt work on keyboard, using s, my apologies.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ze da Fiel
Ive probably been the poster with most number of heated discussions in this board over the years.... and I can assure you I won at least 90% of them.
dhobi ka kutta, na ghar ka na ghat ka
Morierinho is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 19:53.


Copyright ©1999-2013, Xtratime.org. All Rights Reserved.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.12
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.