Xtratime Community banner

Andrés Guardado

23K views 391 replies 39 participants last post by  Los Che Forever 
#1 ·
Deportivo La Coruna's Andres Guardado to sign for Valencia in June - report
The Mexican attacker has allegedly agreed on a move away from the Liga Adelante side after months of speculation about his future at the club

Deportivo La Coruna winger Andres Guardado will join Valencia on a free transfer at the end of the season, Cadena SER claims.

The Mexico international was strongly tipped to leave the Riazor for Sporting Lisbon in the summer transfer window, but a move failed to come to fruition as the two clubs could not reach an agreement over the transfer fee.

Guardado is currently in the final year of his contract with Depor, who were relegated to the second tier of Spanish football last season, and has reportedly come to an agreement with Valencia already.

The 25-year-old winger, who has been at Depor since 2007, will provide Valencia with an alternative to Pablo Piatti on the left side of the attack.

See less See more
#124 ·
Look how pasty his skin is, he sure don't look Mexican that's for sure!

#131 ·
no thts actually the second post.. that he scored tonight + he aint a striker!

#134 ·
He has actually scored 7 goals which is very good for a LW but yeah, it's Adelante so I wouldn't be that excited because of that.
Still, he has been good in BBVA and I think he's a good signing for free, hopefully he can do way better than Pablo Piatti.

#136 ·
I'm not exactly sure what to expect right now. I'm sure he'll be useful at worst. And for free, I'm not gonna complain.

I used to rate the guy - like you said he was decent until Depor went completely shit. At least, I thought he would turn out something decent. Still not ruling that out, but it's hard to get too excited. See what the guy can do when he gets here...

#135 ·
Pablo Piatti should be loaned in January..... he wont capture his form if he keeps getting this few number of minutes

#139 ·
Superdeporte
Andres Guardado scores and is the new 'killer' of Deportivo

Mexico's Andres Guardado, Deportivo midfielder, has surpassed the French-Tunisian striker Lassad Nouioui with both against Xerez and is the team's top scorer this season Coruña.

Mexican soccer star scored his eighth goal of the season against Xerez, a goal which put the score 2-0 in Riazor and who served his team to three points (2-1).

The Espanyol player in Ecuador in the first part, received the ball on the left flank of the penalty area, cut inside the defender marking him and with his left hand, his good leg, crossed the ball beyond the reach of goalkeeper Toni Doblas.

Guardado has started 2012 with the eye for goal and has long sung the sweet moment that lives in the Deportivo this season, the best of the five leading in Spain.

The decline Coruña to Second Team last May has helped the Mexican, who out of contract in June to promote individual and become a decisive player.

#142 ·
Even if he's not amazing, as long as he brings a bit of balance to the left which we've been lacking since Vicente and Mata have left then I'll be content. He's got skill, but he's another injury prone left winger. Whats with LW and being injury prone? :wth: Robben, Vicente etc :D

Guardado to fill the LW space till Bernat is ready :hopeful:

#145 ·
Hes free! :)) will defo add depth!! Against sevilla parejo and piatti and feghouli came off bench!! We have a very good bench which is good for the team

#146 ·
xFcr5qN5ZlA

fcuk me, he could really hit em, can't he?

a goal scoring winger, just what we need. mata was free aswell, so lets hope we've hit the jackpot twice :D

by the way is that our Riccy Oliviera at @ 2:30?

La Liga winner by the way :proud: and proud mista backup. never really understood why we sold him, he was a decent squad player back then.

I know it can't be him since he never played for Atlas, but boy he looks similar though, with same number aswell.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.