Xtratime Community banner

Karşıyaka S.K.

35K views 345 replies 35 participants last post by  gravesends 
#1 · (Edited by Moderator)
Karsiyaka

Hi guys, I was reading this forum lately and one post made me think about being a member and could not resist tonight and signed up for it.

That post that i was just talking about was a question in one of the topics...Someone was asking if Karsiyaka and Goztepe is pulling Barca numbers why they are still in the 2nd division?

Well....high level info can be "deadly rivalry"

As you may all know, Karsiyaka and Goztepe resides on two side of Izmir gulf..Or you may say North and the south….or just like we say : 35 bucuk and tam 35

Back in 1980 Karsiyaka lost the 2nd division championship to Goztepe in goal difference. But Karsiyaka fans believe that Goztepe cheated, fixed the games and referees. Well, it cannot be proven but simply that’s what we believe…Since then hate between two fans grew, grew and grew…since 80 more than 20-30 fans got killed before, during or after the games and city is now horrified because its not even rivalry anymore…Its more like an organized crime groups so called fan clubs

Karsiyaka’s fan club is called “Carsi”, Goztepe has mainly two : Yali and Tepecik. Yali is softer, Tepecik travels to hurt…

Karsiyaka’a Carsi is one of the most feared group. It may not be known as well as Ultras, Besiktas Carsi or GFB but its simply because Turkish Media do not care about Izmir…They have no limits in terms of good and bad things…One day they donate 10,000 USD to schools for education, an another day members of Carsi can stick the knife to anyone pretty easily….

You may say why the heck you are bad mouthing or publicizing bad behavior? But actually, my goal was to show you why they are not in 1st division….

Fans costed two teams a lot of damage..Now Karsiyaka is in division 2 and Goztepe is in the Division 4!!!

Two teams can still play front of 80,000 fans..but fans bad behaviors made investors to stay away from the management due to pressure from fan clubs demanding free buses to away games, free tix to games, blah blah free blahs…So no money…Also all those troubles in stands and off stands came back as 3 games suspension, 5 games suspensions, game in closed doors, games in different fields rather than home field and that’s where we are now….

Oooookey now….this is why….this is only one part of the answer,,,,,But lets see those fans now…lets see who am I talking about….how’bout that??

Start with KARSIYAKA:

This one is straight from hand camera recording ….My friend taped this from USA channel TLC. Program’s name: Sports disasters !! Game: Karsiyaka – Goztepe : 5-2

http://www.cuylan.com/MOV00394/MOV00394.MPG

This one is from last year when Karsiyaka fans were watching sports program on TV, they did not like the comments about Karsiyaka fans that commentators made and they decided to talk to them face to face when program was on air live…pretty scary :

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pvaKWTY0iXI

This one is pretty hard for me to watch….everytime I watch this one, my heart gets broken all the time….its about 3-4 years ago when we played the div 1promotion final game at natural field against Adana Demir. We dominated that game but ufortunalty lost the game in overtime with a golden goal and could not be promoted to div 1. Its also about that year end championship game build up:

http://www.cuylan.com/OLUMUNE_KARSIYAKA.mpeg

2006-2007 training camp: DAY 1: players and some fans:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xZrLfbYJYhI

Karsiyaka fans @ basketball game : Away arena in Izmir:

http://www.cuylan.com/KAFSINKAF.mpg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YdM-ojjxWrs

Karsiyaka basketball fans @home:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I-SQJKZLBe8

Karsiyaka fans in Istanbul fighting with cops:

http://www.cuylan.com/KSKCARSI_ISTANBUL_OLAYLAR_01_19052004.wmv

http://www.cuylan.com/KSKCARSI_ISTANBUL_OLAYLAR_19052004_2.mpg

ooopd….its almost 3 am….going to find the others later…these were the one most handy….But these are nothing compared with other shows….these ones are without flares and these are not from big games…..If I get a chance to upload some of the files that I have, I will surely put it here…

Of course..Goztepe clips will be here too…

Bye guys and lads…

See less See more
#2 · (Edited)
Hos geldin Karsiyaka :)

You're right Goztepe and Karsiyaka really have a lot of fan support. And most people who follow turkish football will have heard of their name.

But these days there is a big difference between clubs with a lot of fans, and clubs with management willing to invest in growing their club to be a top flight team. A lot of the Anadolut teams stuggle because they either are focused on turning a bit of profit by developing and then selling players, or just don't have anything more than a bunch of fans to really grow the football part of the club...

#7 · (Edited)
I'm going to keep this thread updated weekly because I'm dying to see my hometown in the Superlig again. The last time they played in the Superlig was the 1995-96 season.

About Karşıyaka itself:

It is one of the nine districts in the Greater Metropolitan Area of İzmir, the second largest after Konak in terms of population, and is almost entirely urbanized at the rate of 99,9 per cent, with corresponding high levels of development in terms of lifestyle and services (Wikipedia). Karsiyaka is called the twin city in Izmir, and believe or not there are a fair amount of Karsiyakli who refuse to even say they're from Izmir. They consider themselves a seperate entity. That's where the saying "35.5" came from. 35 is the number designated to Izmir, which is what is written on the license plates. Karsiyakali often like to refer to themselves as 35.5 :D.

The district's overall level of education is one of the highest in Turkey and besides being an active venue of commerce, culture and tourism, Karşıyaka boasts of an advanced urban culture centered around the cherished home team Karşıyaka SK, which commands a large and passionate fan base.

The team was founded in 1912, and are amongst one of the 3 teams in Turkiye that can boast our flag in their emblom.

Stadium: İzmir Atatürk Stadium and İzmir Alsancak Stadium
Colours: Red and Green
Chairmen: Akif Ersezgin
Coach: Reha Kapsal
Official Website: www.ksk.org.tr

The 2010/2011 squad is as follows:

Manager: Reha Kapsal

Keepers: Necati Yılmaz, Okan Karabulut Samsunspor, Akın Vardar
Defense: Baykal Kulaksızoğlu, Saffet Gurur Yazar, Fırat Sezer,
Ayhan Evren, Tolga Doğantez, Baki Mercimek, Engin Aktürk (on loan), Ulaş Ortakaya, Çaykur Rizespor, Murat Ocak, Çaykur Rizespor, Ramazan Karaca
Mid Fielders:Giresunspor, Bilal Kısa, Tiago Bezerra, Taha Yalçıner, Erdi Kasapoğlu, Mustafa Sevgi, Kıvanç Karakaş, Barış Memiş (loan) Erhan Kavak (from Young Boys), Olgay Coşkun, Serhat Sağat
Forwards: Okan Öztürk, Erçağ Evirgen, Osman Bozkurt, Gökhan Çakır, Yunus Altun, Mersin İdman Yurdu

Summer 2011 Official Transfers:

Transfers in:
Akeem Agbetu: (Samsunpor – forward , Özgür Bayer (Boluspor – centre back), Ferdi Elmas (Karabükspor – left wing), Ufukhan Bayraktar (Altay – right back/centre back), Özgür Volkan Yıldırım (K. Erciyesspor – mid fielder), Ahmet Burak Solakel (Denizlispor – left back), Muhammed Türkmen (Ankaragücü – mid fielder), Ugur Erdogan (Kartalspor - mid fielder)

#8 ·
Haydi hope you keep us updated... I would watch any of their games if I can catch it online too. :thumbsup:

I know this is one of Gravesends' most hated team but this team just has to be in the TSL!!! :D

#13 · (Edited)
Pictures of fans..

Here's what I was talking about in my opening post, the "35.5"

[tub]62Q5bl59DJc[/tub]

[tub]srY9DgvWh-4[/tub]

Whether you like the fans or not, you can't deny that they're some of the most passionate, loud, and loyal fans in all of Turkiye. Also, I kid you not they're some of the most creative when it comes to chants ;)

#14 ·
Danny Dyer during his visit to Turkey about "The Real Football Factory" went to a Fener v Gala game and also went to a Karsiyaka game if im correct. Bursa'ya yakin Izmir zaten, i hope they come up this season and Diyarbakir go down :D

#15 ·
What would be the average attendance figure of Karsiyaka in Süper Lig, do you have any idea?

I think it would be great if we had teams like Adana Demirspor, Karsiyaka and Göztepe in the Süper Lig instead of Istanbul Belediye (although they are a great team mainly because of Abdullah Avci, but they have no supporters, so there isn't much they can offer) Ankaraspor or Kasimpasa.

#16 ·
So someone one day woke up and said I'm going to create a team and this team will have the colors of red and green. One of the ugliest color combinations ever :D :D When they don't get their way they bitch and riot to no end. But I would love to see them in the Superlig easy 3 points :howler: we got this teams number beating them on many occasions like 0-3 at their own stadium and such :D It's possible to have a good fanbase without the rowdy fans :)

#20 · (Edited)
I'm from Karsiyaka, had a home over there up until about 3 years ago. It's on of the most beautiful areas of Turkiye, and Karsiyaka has a strong history and some of the most passionate fans I've ever seen in my entire life. My family and roots are from Karsiyaka, so it's normal for me to have a soft spot for them. You're probably just bitter because Eskisehir's fans just can't compete ;). Karsiyaka jersey's are sick, and they're unique to boot, not some disgusting unoriginal colours with no identity like eskisehir. Either way, I like having eses in the league, we just need to rid the league from these disgusting kiro teams like diyerbakir, etc.

Oh, and Diyerbakirin gotunu esek siksin :)

#21 ·
When playing against Eskisehirspor, Karsiyaka limit the number of seats given to the away team to a minimum. Karsiyaka don't even consider themselves from Izmir, they think they belong to a made up city :D The only thing comparable with Karsiyaka and Eskisehir is the fanbases other than that history, trophies etc.. it's all Eskisehirspor. Non rioting fans=Eskisehirspor. We can take a loss and not start chucking things on the field and burning seats.

#26 · (Edited)
Even izmir kiro dolu... "Gavur Izmir" is really kiro :howler:. That entire region of Turkiye should be cut off from the country, I'm tired of fans being herded like cows apon every visit. I'm not too sure if you read my opening post or not, but Karsiyaka is filled with some of the most intellictually advanced people in the entire country... diyerbakir? ummm I don't know what they're good for? Enlighten us on this wonderful city and what makes them worth being represented in the TSL? Maybe to keep Apo abi happy? :howler:

Izmir is the 3rd largest city in Turkiye, and is known to be one of the most modern and advanced. Here we are trying to compare kirobakir to a city like Izmir, and who deserves to be represented more. :howler:

The consistent dispicable displays the diyerbakir fans showed last time in the TSL was unseen, or unheard of. Their stadium was being shut down almost every week. They dirty this league, simple and plain.

#25 ·
If you break it down region by region, the TSL should be represented in the following way:

Istanbul - 3 teams. The big 3 rule this city
Ankara - 2 teams
Izmir - 2 teams
Trabzon - 1 team
Adana - 1 team
Kayseri/Sivas - 1 team between the two of them
Antep - 1 team
Eskisehir - 1 team
Samsun - 1 team
Diyarbakir - 1 team
Antalya - 1 team
Bursa - 1 team
Kocaeli/Sakarya - 1 team between the two of them

The last team can go to any one of Erzurum, Manisa, Malatya, or Konya

#27 ·
Karsiyaka may be filled with 'the most intellectually advanced people in the entire country', but that doesn't explain why Karsiyaka supporters are some of the most dangerous and violent around. I wasn't trying to compare Diyarbakir to Izmir, so I am not going to respond to the majority of your post. But I would encourage you to get to know your country better. There is much more to Turkey than just going clubbing in Istanbul and Izmir :)

#33 ·
There isn't one corner of Izmir I haven't seen. I lived there, and I can guarantee you there arn't many places in Istanbul I haven't seen. From landmarks to historical sites, mosques, and of course clubs :). If by getting to know my country more you mean a trip to east, then I'd rather not. Antep and Mersin are two places I'd like to see, aside from that no thank you. I could give you a history lesson on the entire Ege bolge, I know it very well. Don't hate because I like to club :)

#28 ·
Interesting article I found on fanatik today, it's true

http://fanatik.ekolay.net/Super-Lig-Bursa-ve-Eskisehir-modeli_6_YazarDetay_142606_16.htm?ver=06

"Anadolu'nun çoğu kentinde İstanbul takımları futbolseverin birinci tercihi oluyor. İşte bugün bu geleneği yıkmaya aday iki kent var: Bursa ve Eskişehir. Her iki kentimizde yaşayan futbolseverlerin ilk tercihi kendi şehirlerinin takımları. Hatta çoğunun tek tercihi... Olması gereken de budur. İstanbul-Anadolu arasındaki uçurumun oluşmasında önemli etken olan bu durumun diğer kentlerimizde de yaygınlaşması Türk futbolunun kurtuluşu olacaktır. Futbol piyasasındaki arz-talep dengesi değişecektir. Anadolu daha fazla maddi olanaklara kavuşacaktır. Bursa ve Eskişehir modeli örnek alınmalı. Anadolu'nun başka çaresi yok."

#29 ·
Yeah, I've always respected cities like Eskisehir and Bursa for maintaning strong fanbases despite the media and financial control exerted by the big 3. Even in a city like Ankara I would be willing to bet quite a lot of money that 85 percent of its residents support either Galatasaray, Besiktas, or Fenerbahce.

#34 ·
That's exactly the case in Denizli. When taking a break from clubbing :rollani: I often go to Denizli. Majority of their fans support one of the big 3, but go to the matches to support their local team. I can tell you that's not the case in Karsiyaka what so ever. The fans are fans, they wouldn't be caught dead supporting another team.

#30 ·
I've always had mad respect for Eskisehir. Once I learnt more about them and the Turkish teams in general, I just had to love them and Bursa too.

On the subject of the Back Asya League... Altay and Samsun are favourites to win promotion which isn't a bad thing for the TSL. :D

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.