Xtratime Community banner

The Brøndby Thread

73K views 2K replies 76 participants last post by  Wally 
#1 ·
B.I.F thread

Me and Yakubu have made a list off thread's conserning BIF so, I thought It would just be easyer to make a Brøndby Thread and have them all go in there, so Let's Get Busy :happy: :D

#52 ·
Kind of what I was saying with Møller....despite the 'enlightened' thing about Faxe :mad: ;).

Anyway, DONG cup or not, it allways hurts to lose at HOME to a team you rightfully should have beaten. On top of that, I'd 'oddsed' on the game, so it didn't really suit me :D.

#55 ·
Sure, I know exactly what you mean. Even though I still have lots of passion, I have often caught myself thinking: 'DAMN that comment/song was unintelligent' :D.....sorry, but it's the thruth.

And yeah, you're right. Very often we agree.....might have something to do with our growing up in the same country :). Or maybe we're just both intelligent guys, with good taste.... We're both Barça-fans anyway ;) :D.

#56 ·
that's not it. Methinks you be my long lost little brother:D Proof that genetics are better than social upbringing.

Anyways I've thought a lot about this: the BIF supporters make a show of how committed they are to the club by always supporting the team. But shouldn't the fans be allowed to voice their feelings when they are not satisfied with the team/ management?

#58 ·
:) well since I posted the question, it should be pretty obvious that I think they should. How? well instead of singing:"...'s gule hær" how about a proper booing? That should make the players feel they've disappointed the fans. Although it doesn't happen alot :)

#59 ·
They have tried to be booed at!:eek: Against Viborg(the match ended 0-0:yawn: ) they got a well deserved booing after the match and it's fully understandable, as a goal less draw against such team, isn't good enough:frustrat::( 11.875 saw the shameful match so there were a lot of booing!
Also against AaB(0-0) we played disgraceful and they were booed!

I still think that supporting the team, by singing such songs as:
Yellow blue army...!!!
or the newest, and a very cool song, BTW:
Forza Brøndby
Forza Brøndby
Forza Brøndby ooh-le ooh-le...

or when it's kick-off and the ref blows the match to begin, we all have our hands in the sky and claps and sings:
BIF
(clap-clap-clap)
BIF
(clap-clap-clap)
BIF...!!!

It's difficult to explain how the song works, how it sounds, looks etc. Of course it doesn't give a right picture of how it is, and laugh if you want at my explanation...:D?! I understand it, when somone hasn't seen it, in action it may seem stupid!

It helps them and gives them a special self-confidence, when the mighty 'Faxe Tribunen' sings/shouts the many songs, just to back the team up!

That's one of the many reasons why we are the most 'colour'-ful fans in Denmark or maybe even in Scandinavia!:strong:

#61 ·
Congratulations!! Things are going Brøndby's way now, I really hope you can win the Danish league this year. I also think that it would be cool if Hareide got big success in Denmark, he would then have won both the Swedish league and Danish league as a coach, and gotten silver in the Norwegian one :)

#62 ·
Today at 15 o'clock we played AGF at a packed Århus Idrætspark(19.000, record this season!). We won the match on a professionaly played tactic and we could easily have won the match with a bigger score than we did!

AGF - Brøndby IF 1-2
1' Bagger 0-1
36' Mazurkiewicz 1-1
61' Madsen 1-2

Still number 1 and we are now 6 points ahead of #2 AaB!

Brøndby IF..14 10 3 1 34-7 33
AaB...............14 8 2 4 24-22 26
FCK...............14 7 4 3 21-12 25

#63 ·
Brøndby IF - NK Varteks 3-0

Bagger
Madsen
Bagger

On thursday at 19 o'clock we will play NK Varteks, in 2. leg of the 2. round of the UEFA Cup.
In the first leg in Croatia, we lost 3-1. A tough loss, but we have an important away-goal in our favour. We are at home at Vilfort Park and have that as an advantage too!
I strongly believe that we are capable, of proceeding to the next round on!

DBOY and I are definitly going to do all that we can on thursday to support the team. I'll promise you that we're not the only, who's going to do that!!! Vilfort Park is going to be well attended and that will help the team to win!

I am as I always am: POSITIV about the team!!!:D

#64 ·
Seems like I have some catching up to do here :)

Everybody has a fav. Brøndby player so even as a non-BIF'er I'll give my 2 cents! My fav. has to be Kim Daugaard - he is IMO one of the players in the Danish league with the best perception of the game and his technical standart is quite high as well. Its just too bad that he has been so frequently injured in the past couple of years.

Now on to the game against Varteks. As I said earlier I think Brøndby has a good chance of getting through if they go out and play for it. The win against AGF must have given them a bit of much needed confidence and that special extra something Brøndby has in the European homegames might just work wonders again. Anyway, best of luck :)

And finally....

Yakubu said:
It was a awfull match last night and we have to erase it from our memory
Now you didn't really believe that to happen with me around did you ;)
I saw some, granted very biased, highlights of the game and from those it looked like a deserved victory for the mighty OB. Not that it matters much though, we are going out to AaB in the next round anyway :(

#66 ·
Yes it was:excited:
I had a field day until it suddenly hit me that
1) The cup is our only realistic chance of getting to play in Europe
2) We are so bad that a victory over Brøndby away is concidered a small sensation :depress:

:crybaby: I want the beginning of the 90'ies back :crybaby:

#68 ·
There wasn't only cheers, after the match against AGF last sunday! Mads Jørgensen were carried away with an injuried knee ligament and is out for 2 months!:(:depress:

Good news is that Peter Foldgast, is back after his long term injurie!

#69 ·
Brøndby - Varteks - 5-0 (6-3 on agg.)

WOWOWOWOWOWOW!!!! 5-0!!!!!!!!! You are now ready to take over the title as the best Scandinavian team. I am so happy for you. :happy: All you need to do now is to win the Danish league and get to the Champions League. And then perform as good as RBK or better.

I wonder who you will meet in the nest round now. Whoever it is, I am sure that they will get a tough fight ;)

#71 ·
Re: Brøndby - Varteks - 5-0 (6-3 on agg.)

Orange said:
WOWOWOWOWOWOW!!!! 5-0!!!!!!!!! You are now ready to take over the title as the best Scandinavian team. I am so happy for you. :happy:
Thanks Orange;)

This is a football moment i'll never forget! The y we're totally out-played be a well playing Brøndby team. It was a team efford although Mattias Jonson scored a wonderful hattrick. Coach Åge Hareide had said earlier at a pressekonference, that Varteks would feel some 'nordic muscles', and they felt some:strong:!

Brøndby IF - NK Varteks 5 - 0

1' 1-0 Goran Borovic (o.g.)
31' 2-0 Ruben Bagger
53' 3-0 Mattias Jonson
75' 4-0 Mattias Jonson
83' 5-0 Mattias Jonson

8150:( to bad for the ones, that didn't attend this wonderful match;)!

#72 ·
Could I have spoken too early?? Ajax - FC Copenhagen - 0-1 (0-1 on agg) :eekani: Danish football is flying high!! I hope this will show in the Scandinavian forum with some heavy posting here, and then in the future maybe we can have a Danish moderator here too ;)

#73 ·
It was a big surprise that they won:eek:

Because of Ajax' los, my my mood, wich BTW was in ecstacy after the 5-0 trashing of Varteks, is now full of frustration just because of the los and my huge passion for Ajax.:frustrat::(

I'll still say that the 5-0 win will overcome my frustration!:strong:

FORZA BRØNDBY & JONSON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

#74 ·
It was a big surprise that they won:eek:

Because of Ajax' los, my my mood, wich BTW was in ecstacy after the 5-0 trashing of Varteks, is now full of frustration just because of the los and my huge passion for Ajax.:frustrat::(

I'll still say that the 5-0 win will overcome my frustration!:strong:

FORZA BRØNDBY & JONSON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.