Xtratime Community banner

Predictions/Betting

32K views 557 replies 36 participants last post by  The Joker 
#1 ·
I know we have a lot of threads on here as it is but I figured this one would be interesting where we can share our predictions in all the Serbian related sports and outside such as EPL and what not. Also a /betting thread where we can exchange stories on how much money we made :) or lost :cry:

I had a motivation for this thread after seeing all the excitements that's to come in September. It's definitely going to be hard on the heart but i'll start off with the predictions.

EP WaterPolo- Gold (7-6) It's either going to be a Montenegro-Croatia final or Serbia-Croatia final. I can't see anything else happening here and if we do make it to the finals I think the Croats will choke at their own home. Too much pressure on their players while we have nothing to lose considering we're not the reigning champions(Montenegro).

SP Basketball- Silver (70-64) With the form we are in and the Ivkovic at charge along with our talented youngster I don't see anything less than Semis but i'll even take it one step further and say we reach the finals(if we don't play Spain in the semis) Even without Pau I think Spain have incredible debt and team chemistry. Their gameplay doesn't suit us and I think we would fair against the inexperienced USA better than Spain. Spain to win gold comfortably. Also, if you look at the previous World Championships in basketball USA has hardly done anything.

SP Volleyball- Gold (straight sets) Again, anything less than Semi's would be a dissapointment. I think this team has what it takes to take it to the next level and take out Brazil. It's payback this time and the only teams I see causing us trouble are Russia and Brazil.

US Open- Nole(Final) Jelena(Semis) Ana(3rd round) Tipsarevic(2nd round) Troicki(3rd round)

Nole- If he plays the same tennis he played at the Rogers cup against Pederer then we will see quite a showing from him. I also believe his conditioning has improved. He looks in much better shape than in the previous majors. Fed or Nadal to take title.

Jelena- She always likes to show off at the US Open and she tries extra hard here because all her American friends are watching. The women's draw is completely unpredictable and anything can happen but we'll see.

Ana- I think she'll be back again one day but not this year that's for sure. She played some inspiring tennis recently but she's not physically ready to be in the top ten yet.

Tipsarevic- Unpredictable but doesn't fair well at the US Open usually. His level of tennis is dropping recently.

Troicki- Has improved a lot since last year. I think he could even suprise and make it a round further. We'll see how his ambitions fair.

EP Football- Serbia vs Faroe Islands (4-0) Anything other than a win and Antic should resign from football forever. I think the Greece game was enough of a humilation for him and our nation. I'm expecting a new lineup. I'm expecting some new faces in the starting lineup(Tosic&Lazovic) and i'm expecting our players to go full intensity the whole 90 minutes. The first game dictates everything. I'm glad we have an easy game first round and rarely does Antic ever underestimate our opponents which is one of his quality traits and why I predicted a 4-0 smashing at home.

Betting: I don't bet not because I don't gamble but because I don't fully understand it yet. Seems tricky but I know a lot of people who constantly come out with more money than they put in every month. Guess it takes practice.

Would love to hear everyones predictions though.

And RSF- You better not close my thread you old bastard :ass:

See less See more
#136 ·
Nibble seems like a proper gambler :) well done mate something tells me this is nothing for u...

#137 ·
Svaka čast legendo :thmbup:

#143 ·
How about Nibble buys us some sort of Serbian fan gear each as a present :D

#147 ·
Thanks for all the compliments guys, but really betting simply comes down to luck. I will just consider myself very fortunate, and hopefully this is just the start of a lucky streak since I still have one more ticket alive carrying into tomorrow :D

#151 ·
Nibble svaka ti cast majstore. :thumbsup:

I am gonna start to do a little accumulator weekly. Nothing major.

I did a bet for a mate yesterday and got every result bar Valencia against Rangers. :wallbang: Stupid bastards.

#153 ·
True but they are a garbage team, and I thought Valencia's movement would rip them to bits.

#154 ·
Valencia seem far more concentrated on La Liga
Also, they had a very tough game against Barcelona last weekend where they lost and so they need to come up with a win this weekend. Didn't think they'd really try their hardest out there today which is why I put this game on a draw betting wise.

#158 ·
VCF isn't solely concentrated on Primera División, they've been out of this competition for a couple of years now, so of course they're going to struggle a bit. Rangers isn't easy to play at home, Valencia is a lot better going forward though. Truth to be told, they haven't been as impressive as people are saying, they've lost all important games and tied Atlético, still have teams like Villarreal, Sevilla and Real Madrid to face until you can actually say something about them.

#155 ·
Which did you fail on then?

#156 ·
I picked Werder to win. I always favor a German side against a Dutch side unless it's Ajax then it's so-so.

I got the others right though =/

My win would have been somewhere around a grand don't remember now but I only put in a dollar :p

#157 ·
Ah jebiga man, one bet out! Next time :thumbsup:

#160 ·
The chances of you earning any money on gambling are very small. The games that are easy to predict don't pay out enough. If you play long enough, you will end up losing money, as upsets happen both ways. The only exception is if you have major luck and discipline. Betting large amounts isn't the smartest thing to do as that's the easiest way to get in a large hole financially.

Personally, if there is an interesting fight event or international football day, I may put down a parlay for $5 that pays out large. But that's about as far as I'll go and it's only for fun, not to earn money.

#161 ·
Personally, if there is an interesting fight event or international football day, I may put down a parlay for $5 that pays out large. But that's about as far as I'll go and it's only for fun, not to earn money.
:thumbsup:

Basically what I also believe is the best.

#162 ·
Nibble has inspired me to make bigger bets :D

I have 1022 in my bet365 account and those are all winnings. I'll subtract my initial investment of 100 and bet 922 this or next weekend. Any tips Nibble and co. ? :D

#168 ·
I won again:

Spartak Moscow - Chelsea: Chelsea win
Debreceni - PSV: PSV win
Lviv - Sevilla: Sevilla win
Palermo - CSKA: CSKA win
Feyenoord - Twente: Twente win

total qoufficient = 34.26:D

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.