Xtratime Community banner

Welsh Football Thread

34K views 250 replies 70 participants last post by  kırmızımavi 
#1 ·
At last an oppurtunity to discuss things that will only appeal to me, and maye even educate (I think of myself as an Ab Lincoln type figure).

As most of you know there are three teams in the Nationwide leagues which are Cardiff:)D), Swamnsea:)() and Wrexham.

I live in Cardiff so guess who I support and at the moment there is very exciting times at the club.
The guy that was responsible for taking Wimbledon from non-league to the PL is now our chairman in Mr Sam Hamaan. Robert Earnshaw is simply the future of Welsh football and Fortune West looks good up front. Team this up with Nuggent, a prove class act and the attack of Cardiff is the best in the third division.
This has meant that they now lie 5th in the division but with three wins in a row and 10 goals being scored in these game Cardiff look to be making their surge:D

Swansea are doing badly and a mixture of a poor attack (Steve Watkin, honestly) and a leaky defence (not that characteristical) means that they languish in the relegation zone of the second division.

Wrexham seem to be having yet another average season as they currently lie in 10th position in the second division. A few years ago they were seen as too good for this division with great players but the loss of starts such as Bryan Hughes and Karl Connorly mean that they seem to be destined to stay in the division for a while longer.
Saying this though they are the side that has Darren Ferguson in their side (son of Alex). He is actually good......strange:D

See less See more
#27 ·

I watched yesterday the game in Helsinki and Wales team looked very good.. Finland s*cked BIG time. And Wales Supporters were fantastic aswell - the sung all game long - and 1000 Walesman was better then the rest 37000 Finns.... Simon Davies is a CLASS player and he has a great future ahead of him. Ryan Giggs didn`t get the ball all the match but when he did - he passed both goals!

But we will get you in Cardiff!:rolleyes:

#29 ·
Well Wales are certainly better than Scotland are now!:howler:
They willl overtake them in the FIFA rankings in no time!

The Welsh midfield and striker options are pretty strong, but I'm not too sure if they will qualify for Euro 2004. Who else is in their group apart from the Finns?

Best wales XI ?

------------------Jones?---------------------
Delaney--Melville-Coleman?--Barnard?
Davies----Savage--Speed-------Giggs
------------Bellamy--Hartson---------------

Strikers Earnshaw, IWAN ROBERTS and Nathan blake on the bench.

#30 ·
g9

In group 9 there is Wales, Finlan, Yugoslavia, Italy and Azerbaijan

Italy won yesterday away to Azerbaijan 0-2

#32 ·
StuPid said:
Well Wales are certainly better than Scotland are now!:howler:
They willl overtake them in the FIFA rankings in no time!

The Welsh midfield and striker options are pretty strong, but I'm not too sure if they will qualify for Euro 2004. Who else is in their group apart from the Finns?

Best wales XI ?

------------------Jones?---------------------
Delaney--Melville-Coleman?--Barnard?
Davies----Savage--Speed-------Giggs
------------Bellamy--Hartson---------------

Strikers Earnshaw, IWAN ROBERTS and Nathan blake on the bench.
Sadly if Scotland carry on th way they do Wales will go ahead of them:(

Who does Blake play for now?

#37 ·
Wales will be a very good team in the qualifiers. I am still pissed off about the tie against Croatia. Even though Croatia outplayed Wales for most of the match the game should of been 1-0 to Wales. The Croatian goal was the cheapest goal i ever seen. The Wales goalkeeper when to punt the ball, the punt was low, and it hit the back of Kovac i think. Mladen Petric quickly ran to the ball and had an empty net goal :D . Cheap goal i know :) . I think Wales will be a very good team, but to make it to Euro 2004........im not to sure about that.

#38 ·
simon davies is really underrated...i think he will be a star...he will be the one who could carry the team very far...if u still don't know who he is, u better watch him more... ;) start to watch more tottenham games... :D

#41 ·
Carson35 said:
simon davies is really underrated...i think he will be a star...he will be the one who could carry the team very far...if u still don't know who he is, u better watch him more... ;) start to watch more tottenham games... :D
yeah, on Saturday, we're hyped and very, very angry :mad: ;)

#43 ·
i think wales really deserve to have at least a thread if not a forum...

i m sorry for italy...although i m an italy fan, but i m glad that simon davies scored...he has been awesome this year... :cool:

congrats, wales... :)

#44 ·
Gosh is it a habit of Brit teams?
Ireland results after the WC aren't so impressive...
they were flying in the qualifying rounds...it seems there isn't anymore spark & luck for them...it seems to go to Wales's way now who now seem to do the same as the Irish did, but hopefully they'll also be able to keep their good form for a long time
anyway, Good luck to all British teams + Ireland

#49 ·
where i can download to see davies's and bellamy's goals??

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.