Xtratime Community banner

Adil 'BBC' Rami

50K views 577 replies 55 participants last post by  Maat 
#1 ·
wow. out of the blue. central defender from lille, for 6m, untill 2014. superdeporte says done deal.

and no, i've never heard of him either. but he can't be worse than navarro, right? :hopeful:

#361 ·
With proper defensive system and tactics he can become a beast again I'm sure. Even Victor will look better with a proper system. Unai's system basically give a big "Fcuk you" to our defenders. Like we've said before even Maldini, Baresi and Ayala would look like retards under Emeryball...

#362 ·
Hehe well said Tay.

On the defence topic how would you want it to be organized?

IMO there are three things that are letting us down

1) Positioning- Most of the time you ll see both our CB's play very wide to cover the space left by full backs. Sometimes they push too high, and are vulnerable to counter attacking.
2) Communication & Coordination- All 4 defenders were playing like they were playing for the first time together. They dont read each others game, which is why so many comical errors
3) Individual Ability- What more can you expect from guys like Barragan, Bruno, Dealbert, Costa. They are playing at a much higher level than their individual ability

#363 ·
How would I like the defence to be organised? See Valencia 2000-2004. :D

Basically all the things you mentioned Jeesh really. We don't defend as a unit either which is really costly too.

#364 ·
I still have faith in this guy. He's here to stay, the focal point of our defense. He's made a few errors lately, confidence been bit down, but i don't honestly consider him a error waiting to happen, Victor Ruiz though, he's a grenade with the pin hanging out his jocks.

#365 ·
Rami has shown in Lille and the French NT that he's a force to count on. He has done some amazing games here but also some stinkers, I think its all natural with the crappy defensive system, this "mentalidad ganadora" and whatever more BS

#366 ·
Rami doesn't have a great mentality. Perhaps Unai can help him with that :D I remember last year watching him after we signed him and he was still with Lille. He had quite a few stinkers. Word was that his mind was already in Valencia and not with Lille. I think he defo has the natural talent to be a beast, but I'm not sure about the mental part of his game.

#367 ·
This ain't the ideal thread....

But seriously What the flying fcuk was Unai thinking releasing a book about having "Winning Mentality" have way through the season when his team has been dirt poor!? Seriously the guy has some cheek! The irony! How it has back fired on him!

Btw I personally don't hate Unai, as a coach I have had enough of him and I really wish that I could support him and see him do well here, but the guy really is an idiot at times! :wth:

#368 ·
I think that a player who was destined to be a cleaner or whatever he was doing and then coming up from Ajaccio to Valencia in quite a few years shows that he atleast has some mentality

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.