Xtratime Community banner

Since the seperation of FSSCG what do you wish Montenegro?

• Success

Votes: 16 36.4%
  • Failure

Votes: 11 25.0%
  • Don't really care

Votes: 17 38.6%

Curious:Since the seperation of FSSCG what do you wish Montenegro?

5K views 88 replies 34 participants last post by  Aco-BanjaLukaRS 
#1 · (Edited)
Vote and give reasoning if you want.

Success

Failure

Dont really care.

-------------
The purpose of the poll is to understand the majority of what our fans feel and its quite interesting to see what the polls will look like.

#3 ·
I wish them all the best, there's no point in hating a nation.

#8 ·
Success.

#14 ·
Yes, you can...

Although, I respect everyone who voted against Montenegro independence and everyone who protested against Kosovo recognition... I wish them success but their government can rot in hell...

#12 ·
Success, most real Montenegrins still consider themselves Serbs. Just because Djukanovic is a ******, doesn't mean that everyone there is.

#17 ·
It's true that there are still a lot of Montenegrins that consider themselves Serbs, but most of them don't really care about Montenegro's NT, just like Bosnian Serbs could care less about Bosnia & Herzegovina, although Montenegro's situation is not as drastic.

On the other hand, I wish Montenegro to be better than all other ex-Yu republics except Serbia, meaning I wish Montenegro becomes a better team than the likes of BiH, Slovenia, and others. I also wish the best for some of their players, especially someone like Igor Burzanovic.

In conclusion, I wish Djukanistan all the best in every single sport as long as they don't become better than Serbia. For example, when Montenegro qualified for the European Handball Championship and Serbia didn't, it was a huge deal... and same goes for their waterpolo win in the EC final.

I guess my vote goes for failure, even though I wish them limited success. :D

#18 ·
Ive always thought of CG as part of Serbia, and even forgiven them partly for the split. But the things they have done, ie political decisions since then, have been pitiful and cowardly. As fas as the national team goes, I still wish them luck as whenever Vucinic, Boskovic, Vukcevic etc score in Europe for example I still think in my head "he is one of ours". Until that disappears I will still be behind them. But its complicated.

#23 ·
Ok I usually don't post here, but I was curiously reading this topic, as the Ex-Yu/Balkan region (politics/history/culture-wise) has always been of interest to me.

So let me get this straight:

- BiH supporters = Muslims mainly, from BiH, and some Croat minority Muslims(?)
- Serbia supporters = Ethnic Serb (incl. BiH nationals who are Christian/Serb in origin)
- Croatia supporters = Ethnic Croats (incl. BiH nationals who are Christian/Croat in origin)

I don't want to turn this too political, but is there an exception, in the sense that a Bosnian-Serb (holder of a BiH passport let's say) will have a sense of national pride for his country BiH?

Do the respective Ex-Yu countries promote 'propaganda' of co-existence between religious sects & ethnic groups?

Just curious about this because back home in my tiny little country called Lebanon we have officially 17 different religious sects...somehow coexisting peacefully after years of bloody civil war...thanks to alot of aggressive media campaigns, slogans, politicians (regardless they're lying or not), the whole sectarianism issue was to spread awareness and make the people deal with this problem at society level.

#24 ·
BiH = Mainly ethnic Bosniaks, found in Bosnia & Herzegovina (40%), Montenegro (8%), Serbia (2%, Sandzak (45%))

Serbia = Ethnic Serbs, found in Serbia (85%), Bosnia & Herzegovina (38%), Montenegro (35%), Croatia (5%)

Croatia = Ethnic Croats, found in Croatia (90%), Bosnia & Herzegovina (15%)

Exceptions do exist. For example, Adem Ljajic is a talented 17-year-old playing for FK Partizan, and he may sign a contract with Manchester United within the next month. Ljajic is a Bosniak (Muslim) from Serbia, from the region of Sandzak, where almost half of the population is of Bosniak ethnicity. Nonetheless, Ljajic plays with a lot of pride for the country of Serbia and has nothing but praise for it. There are a few more examples of sportsmen who opted for Serbia instead of other countries, like Denis Sefik (Bosniak), Arpad Sterbik (Hungarian), Bojan Neziri (Albanian), Cszaba Silagyi (Hungarian), etc.

It has also been the case of Bosnia & Herzegovina, who have had a lot of Serb and Croat players on their squad over the years. It has been the case of Zvjezdan Misimovic, Sergej Barbarez, Sasa Papac, Vlado Gudelj, Mirko Hrgovic, Darko Maletic, Mladen Bartolovic, and many more.

As for Croatia, it has been a very rare thing to see Serbs or Bosniaks play for their team. I can only think of Dado Prso, who is of Serbian descent, and who retired just recently.

However, most of those cases are very rare. There are a lot of Bosnian-born players that have opted for Croatia (Davor Suker, Mladen Petric, Vedran Corluka, etc.) or Serbia (Mladen Krstajic, Ognjen Koroman, Zdravko Kuzmanovic, Savo Milosevic, etc.)

In an overall situation, most players will opt for their country by ethnicity if born in Bosnia & Herzegovina, and the same goes for people of other ethnic minorities born in Serbia, Montenegro, or wherever it may be.

BiH is always said to be a country for which only 40% of the population cheers for, and it will continue to be like this for as long as the country will exist as it is. There is way too much tension in BiH for people to start considering themselves as 'Bosnians'. Unlike in Lebanon, nothing is done to calm things down; it rather seems everybody tries to shake things up. Bosnia and Herzegovina is the only of all ex-Yu republics to become a mini version of the former Yugoslavia. Every other country is ethnically compact, except BiH, which is why it will most likely never find any kind of stability in the near future.

#32 ·
BiH = Mainly ethnic Bosniaks, found in Bosnia & Herzegovina (40%), Montenegro (8%), Serbia (2%, Sandzak (45%))

Serbia = Ethnic Serbs, found in Serbia (85%), Bosnia & Herzegovina (38%), Montenegro (35%), Croatia (5%)

Croatia = Ethnic Croats, found in Croatia (90%), Bosnia & Herzegovina (15%)

Exceptions do exist. For example, Adem Ljajic is a talented 17-year-old playing for FK Partizan, and he may sign a contract with Manchester United within the next month. Ljajic is a Bosniak (Muslim) from Serbia, from the region of Sandzak, where almost half of the population is of Bosniak ethnicity. Nonetheless, Ljajic plays with a lot of pride for the country of Serbia and has nothing but praise for it. There are a few more examples of sportsmen who opted for Serbia instead of other countries, like Denis Sefik (Bosniak), Arpad Sterbik (Hungarian), Bojan Neziri (Albanian), Cszaba Silagyi (Hungarian), etc.

It has also been the case of Bosnia & Herzegovina, who have had a lot of Serb and Croat players on their squad over the years. It has been the case of Zvjezdan Misimovic, Sergej Barbarez, Sasa Papac, Vlado Gudelj, Mirko Hrgovic, Darko Maletic, Mladen Bartolovic, and many more.

As for Croatia, it has been a very rare thing to see Serbs or Bosniaks play for their team. I can only think of Dado Prso, who is of Serbian descent, and who retired just recently.
However, most of those cases are very rare. There are a lot of Bosnian-born players that have opted for Croatia (Davor Suker, Mladen Petric, Vedran Corluka, etc.) or Serbia (Mladen Krstajic, Ognjen Koroman, Zdravko Kuzmanovic, Savo Milosevic, etc.)

In an overall situation, most players will opt for their country by ethnicity if born in Bosnia & Herzegovina, and the same goes for people of other ethnic minorities born in Serbia, Montenegro, or wherever it may be.

BiH is always said to be a country for which only 40% of the population cheers for, and it will continue to be like this for as long as the country will exist as it is. There is way too much tension in BiH for people to start considering themselves as 'Bosnians'. Unlike in Lebanon, nothing is done to calm things down; it rather seems everybody tries to shake things up. Bosnia and Herzegovina is the only of all ex-Yu republics to become a mini version of the former Yugoslavia. Every other country is ethnically compact, except BiH, which is why it will most likely never find any kind of stability in the near future.
I thought Darijo Srna was half Serb/half Bosniak. And another guy who was supposedly Serbian. Though I am not sure if it's true or not.

#27 ·
i am pretty sure the people voted in the government and on numerous occasions at that. dont say **** the politicians when its a majority of people that voted them in. and no its not the albos, croats bosnians etc that voted them in as i am pretty sure they voted for their own peoples parties. so **** the people. When a Serb can say they are not Serbian but Montenegrian and wave the modified albanian flag then i wish them nothing but failure.

#29 ·
i voted for success, as they have still players inside who have weared a yugo/scg shirt and so have been some of us. I especially like it when vucinic scores.

I remember having similar feelings for Suker, Boban, Prosinecki but after that generation it faded. Maybe simply because a player like Modric was only a yugo for some 3 or 4 years of his live.

Curiously I like Macedonia to compete well. It is strange how remarkable result of them (draws in Netherlands, England) shift with embarassing loses like the one in Andorra.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.