Xtratime Community banner

Serbia v Northern Ireland

6K views 65 replies 22 participants last post by  Slobo 
#1 · (Edited)
Hello all, I am hoping to take my daughter to the Serbian v Northern Ireland game in March 2011 and was wondering what the nearest respectible hotel to the ground is. Or if you could tell us how far these hotels are from the ground.

Balkan Hotel Garni
Holiday Inn Belgrade
Best Western Sumadija

We hope to stay for three or four days to see the sights and meet the people.

Thanks in advance for your help
Dek

#2 ·
Come on guys, help the man out..because I don't have a clue. :D

I will say one thing, whichever hotel you go to - the taxis really aren't expensive and are rather efficient.

#4 ·
There is Hotel Slavija on the big Slavija roundabout (which is couple of KM from the stadium) but according to people I know who have stayed there, it's one to miss. :howler:

Hotel Moskva is a popular one and it's in the centre, the ground isn't that far away from the centre, maybe 4-5KM. Nothing drastic.

#6 ·
3 OPTIONS:

1. Hotel Moskva (or Hotel Moscow in English).

It is around 4km from the stadium. The price for a single bed is about 96 euros a night, which includes tax, insurance, and breakfast. I know its a bit of a price, but if you want to be sure then that is one option I would recommend to anyone.

2. Best Western Hotel M

Bulevar Oslobodjenja 56 a, Belgrade (Serbia) 11000, Serbien
(0)11 309 0644 ()

This hotel is about 1km away from the stadium. The stadium is just down the street. This is also about 100 euros a night.

Booking info: http://www.venere.com/best-western/belgrade/hotel-m/

3. Vila Marija

Дебарска Beograd 11000, Србија
(0)11 644 8484

http://www.vila-marijabgd.com/

I don't know much about this hotel but its about 3km away from the stadium. About 80-90 euros a night.

And if you feel like looking more I suggest:

http://maps.google.com/maps?oe=utf-...m=1&ved=0CDQQtgMwAA&iwloc=7385380010069892032

This gives you a whole map of hotels listed on google maps in Belgrade. As Krle pointed out, the Kalamegdan area is very nice and a lot to see thus I would suggest that if you have time and money is not too big of a problem. The historic part of Belgrade is there as well which would allow you to see a lot.

#5 ·
google maps mate. Always helpful with matters like this one.

Balkan Hotel 4 KM
Holiday Inn 5,1
Best Western 3,6

In general I'd suggest a hotel nearer to Kalamegdan if your wallet allows. Lots to see and do in that area of the town, but like RSF said, taxi's are easy to come by and mostly cheap. They will however go the long route for some extra money. :D

#7 ·
Not a bad guesstimate from me there on the Hotel Moskva. :)

#9 ·
Guys thanks a lot for all of your help I look forward to coming to your country and enjoying the football, the city and the Serbian hospitality. I am sure the Green and White Army my daughter belongs to will be made welcome by your citizens and enjoy the banter with you all (even when they beat the Serbian National Team :proud::proud::proud::rollani:).

Thanks again lads your help is appreciated.
Dek

#10 ·
As I live in Belgrade I can tell that Hotel "Slavija" is one of closest to Marakana Stadium but its old hotel and know idea if any tourists are staying there.Also I have no idea what kind of service is in Belgrade hotels,many of them were reconstructed etc.I also think they are all expensive,both food and accommodations.Maybe its better to find some hostel,there are many hostels here nowdays,and I know that many tourists are in hostels (at least those young ones).
Sure,you have here many of "big name hotels",like Intercontinental, Hayat etc,but its really stupid to pay so much money for accommodations when they are killing people with prices.I know that people from western countries don't have problems with money,but again its too damn expensive.
This is site of TOB-Tourist Organization of Belgrade http://www.tob.co.rs/eng/index.php you can find many informations about everything there. I think its best for you to find someone from your country (or any other,but some reliable source) that will say to you what is his/her experience,where did he/she stay etc. And you said you have a daughter so I guess you should find some best option for her,you know,that she is not bored or something. Look at that site I posted,I think you can find many information there.
Also if you have any question ask free.

#11 ·
i'm hoping to head there as well. I know the serbs have been in the news recently due to crowd troubles. Is there something sinister here or just sterotypical media hype?

Very difficult place to get to from western europe, do you boys not believe in budget airlines?

#12 ·
You should be right mate. Belgrade is a safe city and I doubt there would be crowd trouble at a national team match.

#14 ·
How old is your daughter?

#18 ·
just look at their site:

www.wizzair.com

I've flown with them in the past to Ukraine and Poland, the ticket to Poland wasnt even 20 euros. They are very cheap but you arent allowed to carry a suitcase, only 10kg of handbaggage(you can pay extra for luggage though). And never ever order anything on the plain(extremly expensive).

Closest airport for you would be Eindhoven.

#22 ·
Yeah I flew back from BG with WizzAir this summer, they've been flying out there since June/July I believe.

#24 ·
Every night in Belgrade is good,not just Friday night.
Also,about that fan thing,I like when I see fans from other countries walking around Belgrade,I want to get picture with them etc,many people like that too.Its those rare idiots that are looking to fight with them and they are making problems,you have that everywhere but when that hapens here its breaking news all over the world,but when it hapens everywhere else noone is mentioning it.
BTW,I think there are many lowcost airlines nowdays that flights to Belgrade. One of them is FlyNiki,Niki Lauda company.

#26 ·
Every night in Belgrade is good,not just Friday night.
Also,about that fan thing,I like when I see fans from other countries walking around Belgrade,I want to get picture with them etc,many people like that too.Its those rare idiots that are looking to fight with them and they are making problems,you have that everywhere but when that hapens here its breaking news all over the world,but when it hapens everywhere else noone is mentioning it.
BTW,I think there are many lowcost airlines nowdays that flights to Belgrade. One of them is FlyNiki,Niki Lauda company.
:happy::thumbsup::proud:

So true.

#25 ·
You just have to remember if you dont go looking for trouble you wont come across any.

#28 ·
http://www.rentastan.com/eng/index.php

I used this website last year, it is much cheaper than the hotels, more spacious and dont have people bothering you who you bring back to your room. I stayed in the "Prag" apartment for 1 night when I arrived in Serbia late at night, and then stayed in the "Alexandria" apartment when i returned to Beograd from a different city in Serbia. there is a lot of pictures and videos on the site so you wont be going blindly into this. I will be using them again when I go to Serbia in October.

#30 ·
Dude, I was in Alexandria last year as well!!! :D

So if you noticed any stained sheets..well...you know. :proud: :strong:

But no seriously, I join the recommendation, you get great accommodation for a much cheaper pricer than a hotel. And that particular apartment felt very safe to me. Really good. :thmbup:

But the lift was ridiculously small, I couldn't believe it. Nothing beats a good, spacious Aussie lift. :proud: :D

#29 ·
Yeah we did the same thing last year. Got an apartment near the centre, looked pretty sh!tty from the outside, but excellent on the inside, very spacious, laptop connection, big tv, 3 rooms, kitchen, dining room and all of that for about 50 euro's a night, in my case split 3 ways. Much better than a hotel IMO.

#32 ·
I actually think it would be alright, but obviously, nothing is for sure. Anyways, like you said, there probably won't be any fans allowed at that game anyways. Or, the game might not even be played in Serbia.

#34 ·
Yeah, I'd think so too. You'd have to think that not only would the FA have something to prove, but the entire government of Serbia, considering how the incident in Genoa made the entire Serb nation look bad.

#35 ·
The retards would still come and try to screw up everything, this time a bit more discrete. Serbia shouldn't play infront of any crowd in the rest of the qualifiers IMO.

#36 ·
Serbia hates Northern Ireland especially. You will all probably face the worst deaths possible.

Complete unnecessary comment aside, you should all be fine. Just don't get involved with the wrong people. I don't see a reason to worry as it is a safe city unless you are looking for trouble.

Some Albanian poster told me yesterday that he went to Belgrade this summer and even when people knew that he was Albanian they did not care for his background. Just stay away from retards.

#38 ·
Serbia hates Northern Ireland especially. You will all probably face the worst deaths possible.
Complete unnecessary comment aside, you should all be fine. Just don't get involved with the wrong people. I don't see a reason to worry as it is a safe city unless you are looking for trouble.

Some Albanian poster told me yesterday that he went to Belgrade this summer and even when people knew that he was Albanian they did not care for his background. Just stay away from retards.
Whys that?

#37 ·
Nothing ever happens at national team games except when we play our neighbours so there isn't much to worry about but as Zoric said the game will most likely be played in an empty stadium.

#41 ·
It's also clear that punishing the majority for the actions of a few just doesn't work. They don't do it that way in England unless it is down to the poor organisations of the home side.

They were filming us the entire time, from when in the city centre to the stadium and then inside. They know who the trouble makers were...we were let out of the stadium car park one by one.

I don't see what making us play games behind closed doors will achieve.

#43 ·
Of course. Individuals should be held responsible for their own actions. If the punishments were harsh, people would be less likely to do it. It's ridiculous to punish the players and normal fans, who made up the vast majority, and who had no responsibility for the situation.

In this case, it's quite obvious that these people purposely wanted to get the team in trouble, which would make it even more crazy to discipline the team, and essentially help the group reach their objective. But I'm pretty sure they're going to be hard on us anyway.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.