Xtratime Community banner

Croatian Clubs in Europe 2011-2012

37K views 1K replies 57 participants last post by  HajdukSplit 
#1 ·
CHAMPIONS LEAGUE: Dinamo Zagreb
EUROPA LEAGUE: Hajduk Split, RNK Split, NK Varazdin

Hard to believe but the first European draws of the season will take place on Monday June 20. Three of the four clubs (Dinamo, RNK Split, Varazdin) will know their opponents next week. Hajduk won't know their first opponents until July 15.

Croatia are coming off a decent season in Europe where the four clubs earned a coefficiant of 4.125. The 0.333 season has been erased and after this season the 1.000 season will be erased, meaning Croatia has a chance to actually crack the top 20. Making the top 20 doesn't change much in reality, but it will look better :D If there is one positive, Croatia are actually improving season by season, despite it not seeming like that. Last season they started at 27th I believe and now they are 22nd.

Unlike last season as well, the non-Dinamo/Hajduk teams aren't getting weaker. You might remember Cibalia and Sibenik basically selling half their squad. Well, RNK Split have kept their squad together and have made 2-3 signings so far. Varazdin surprisingly have kept their young players so far, but lets see if that stays. Also good is that most teams are already starting preparations, unlike the previous years where they start late June and have one week of training before European matches

Champions League: Dinamo Zagreb
Dinamo start the season with a coefficiant of 20.224 and they begin in the second round qualifying (July 12/13 & July 19/20) where they will be seeded. These matches will both be before the HNL season starts. Dinamo will be seeded in every qualifying round of the CL, a real chance for them, but it doesn't help the past two seasons they haven't even made the playoff rounds.

Dinamo's potential second round qualifying opponents:
- Dacia (Moldova)
- Pyunik (Armenia)
- Borac Banja Luka (BiH)
- Mogren Budva (CG)
- Skonto Riga (Latvia)
- Fehervar (Hungary)
- Bangor City (Wales)
- HB Torshavn (Faroe Islands)
- Linfield (Northern Ireland)
- Tobol Kustani (Kazakhstan)
- F91 Dudelange (Luxembourg)
- Flora Tallinn (Estonia)
- Breidablik (Iceland)
- Valletta (Malta)
- Neftchi Baku (Azerbaijan)
- Skhendija Tetovo (Macedonia)
- Skenderbeu (Albania)

In the third round things could get slightly tougher as Litex Lovech, Racing Genk, Maribor, Slovan Bratislava become unseeded. In the fourth round unseeded teams would potentially include Rosenborg, Partizan, Sturm Graz, APOEL and Wisla

Europa League: Hajduk Split, RNK Split, NK Varazdin
RNK Split and Varazdin will know their opponents on Monday June 20. Hajduk will wait until July 15. Varazdin enter the first round with a coefficiant of 3.224 which is good enough for a seed. Their matches will be played on June 30 and July 7. Both Varazdin and Split barely made the cut to be seeded in the second round.
Hajduk will be unseeded in the third round and their first matches will be played on July 28 and August 4

This site shows the potential clubs these teams can play
http://kassiesa.home.xs4all.nl/bert/uefa/seedel2011.html

I am a little more optimistic about this season than last season. RNK Split and Varazdin so far have kept their players and RNK Split seems to be an ambitious side. I don't expect deep runs, but they should both make the third round. I'm afraid there won't be the same magic for Hajduk this season, just important to at least get a win so next season they will be seeded when they start.

With Dinamo, you never know, I guess you can say they got unlucky the past two seasons with the draws but this season they really don't have many excuses, they know they are seeded for every qualifying round. Though based on the past, it would be typical for them to get Racing Genk in the third round :pp

See less See more
#61 ·
Odjednom svi Dinamovci jebo te :howler:

#66 ·
Varazdin without Dino Skvorc, Filip Skvorc and Roberto Puncec for their opening match

Krklec
Tkalcic - Susac - Conjar - Simek
Brlecic - Safaric
Glavica - Aganovic - Glavina
Vugrinec

They only have six players on the bench but two of them are goalkeepers, which shows how hard the Varazdin squad has been hit in the past 48 hours, some timing

#69 ·
All the best for them!!!

#75 ·
great result!

#78 ·
It's classic with cro clubs to concede this kind of goals against little side :howler:

#79 ·
Good to see Vugrinec score in this match, i'm excited to see our others clubs in this qual!

#80 ·
FT: 5-1
Safaric (4, 59), Glavica (39), Glavina (57), Vugrinec (78) - Bertran (48)

good but expected win from Varazdin and should be a comfortable away leg for them where they hopefully go for the win. Every result is important. Only concern is they actually conceded and they got a red card at the end! :googly: But as dalmate says, its typical for Croatian clubs

#82 ·
Yep i saw that HS! Pajac with a red card at 90'mins, just incredible...:eek:

like you said, it's a very good result and it's the time to enjoy this large and comfortable victory before the future matchs of our best clubs in this competition... :rollani: :party:

#84 ·
Keep them coefficients comng!!!:) Hope Siroki beats the zmajceki....

According to people on here your not allowed to. It's against the law of the forum to support another croatian team in Europe. Your body will get dragged my a chariot........
Tusim, I support all the Cro clubs in Europe including dinamo, but there is no way I'll wear a dinamo shirt...just like general said,

Supporting is one thing - wearing colurs is another.

#85 ·
The sport is better without division or category (town, country, racial etc) but only for the pleasure of the sport.
So, all we know...it's only impossible!

The colours, sides or the nations in the sport are clearly for me, the continuity of fanatism, racism and many other bad things in this world and all of this way use this point " YOU! Make me proud and defend your colors, we're from zagreb or others part of the country and You konw, the opponent are clearly idiot and blabla and we will show that in the street and in the stadium"!

Wtf, we're all human and form the same country, i can understand someone who love more a club than an another but not a guy who piss on the head of his neighbours! :ass:

Today, many people watching their clubs on a pitch more like a racial or a territory war, it's really embarrassing for our kids for the next years!
For me the strong fanatism in the stadium isn't really far of the hooligans in their idiot reaction or thinkin'!

The beauty of the sport and his true spirit fall slowly in the hell... i'm really affraid by this.

Please my friends, accept your opponent with a HS shirt, BBB shirt... it's not really important all this story of colors! :thumbsup:

#87 ·
^ Dalmate for president!! Well said. :thumbsup:

Nice win for Varteks, they're a well run club (by our standards) and deserve a run in europe. They approach these games in a more professional manner, unlike what Sibenik and Cibalia did last year.

0.25 worth of coefficients is good too. :party::proud:
Only 3 more wins and we reach our 06/07 total, which drops out this year:

2006/07: 1.000
2007/08: 3.666
2008/09: 4.333
2009/10: 3.000
2010/11: 4.125

Siroki drew 0-0 against 10 man Ljubliana BTW.

#92 ·
^ Dalmate for president!! Well said. :thumbsup:

Nice win for Varteks, they're a well run club (by our standards) and deserve a run in europe. They approach these games in a more professional manner, unlike what Sibenik and Cibalia did last year.
Are you on drugs? :howler:

They are falling apart.. they are by far club with worst management.. they lost 3 of their players (2 of which very important) 1 day before this match due to unpaid salaries. Those guys can sign for free for anyone now..

Village teams are more professional than Varteks at this moment..

#94 ·
Look when they score, they cant beleive it, don't know how to react or where to run :howler:

#91 ·
When it comes to Croatia/Serbia I think we can make an exception. We used to travel together Dinamo and Hajduk fans to Serbia, summing up what Dalmate said. The Balkan region is special in its own way compared to countries like Italy and England, their country never broke up and it remained the same as well as their teams and rivalries. I truly honestly think maybe 90% of the entire croatian population miss playing against Serbian teams. No one will ever admit it but gimme a break no one is looking forward to watching Dinamo vs Slaven. Put this pathetic hatred behind us and lets watch some attractive soccer with real teams, not these shitty useless mid table croatian teams!

#93 ·
there were a well run club, but in the past few years they are essentially broke, the players haven't been paid in a while. I admire them because they usually use local youth players and do a decent job developing players

Slaven Belupo is an example of a mid-table club which is well run in Croatia. I think they took a big step back when they hired Bracun two seasons ago, he is just a bad manager and they haven't been back in Europe since. Inter Zapresic is a decently run club as well

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.