Xtratime Community banner

Young Serbs In The Diaspora

213K views 2K replies 123 participants last post by  alchemist 
#1 ·
I think it's worth it to have a thread to keep track of the young Serbs in the diaspora who may or may not be playing for us. Some players to keep track of include, Marko Marin, David Vrzogic, Marko Mitrovic among many others. Hopefully we'll have some luck, and some of them will decide to play for us.

#2 ·
Milan Close To Signing 'German Cristiano Ronaldo'

AC Milan are closing in on the signature of Borussia Mönchengladbach's Marko Marin, according to Kicker.

The 18-year-old winger is described by some as the 'German Cristiano Ronaldo' and is one of the hottest young prospects currently in circulation.

Marin, who holds a Serbian passport, has played four times for the Germany Under-21 team, scoring one goal.

The youngster has attracted the attention of a host of European clubs, with Fiorentina and Ajax said to be particularly interested.

Milan have been following the Bosnia-born star for some time now, and according to Kicker they are close to coming to an agreement with Mönchengladbach.

It is unclear whether the transfer will go through in January or at the end of the season, although the latter seems more likely.

The Rossoneri have already signed one highly-rated teenager in the form of Brazilian wonderkid Alexandre Pato, who will be available to play after the New Year.

Roberto Rossi

Link

#3 ·
Chelsea close on starlet

Teenager closes on big move

By Kent Hedlundh Last updated: 6th December 2007

Chelsea are closing in on the capture of Swedish starlet Marko Mitrovic, according to the player's father.

The 15-year-old impressed during a trial spell with the Premier League giants and is now set to seal a move to West London.

The likes of Arsenal, Blackburn, Internazionale, Feyenoord and PSV Eindhoven have all shown an interest.

But Chelsea have seemingly won the race to sign him, according to Boban Mitrovic.

Mitrovic snr told Expressen: "There are negotiations going on. I believe it will be solved."

Link

#5 ·
Its not funny its a disgrace

#6 ·
no disrespect, but didn't your own FA president (Terzic?) insult the diaspora during the U21 tournament.

Anyway, never understood why Serbia doesn't go after the diaspora, even Macedonia do a better job, yet alone comparing to Croatia, but we all saw what Bilic told the Serb media why that's the case

#7 ·
HajdukSplit said:
no disrespect, but didn't your own FA president (Terzic?) insult the diaspora during the U21 tournament.

Anyway, never understood why Serbia doesn't go after the diaspora, even Macedonia do a better job, yet alone comparing to Croatia, but we all saw what Bilic told the Serb media why that's the case

Why does ur sig have

=U=

****ing ustase.

#9 · (Edited)
I thought he gave an interview with a Serb paper where they were asking him what was wrong with Clemente, the team etc...

he basically said Serbia need to hire a young Serbian manager, bring up more youth players and that you guys should be doing much better than what you have done so far. He says you have strong players but don't play as a team/unit. And he also said Croatian players play for their country, flag and grb, while the Serbs don't do the same

not sure which Serbian paper it was, but it was all over the Cro media

edit: http://dnevnik.hr/bin/article.php?article_id=31933 Kurir

maybe the diaspora are the only ones who will bother to play

#12 ·
Aragones: Bojan Too Young For Euro 2008
Luis Aragones has declared himself unwilling to select Bojan Krkic of Barcelona for Euro 2008, but he will perhaps try the youngster out in friendlies instead...

Luis Aragones has seemingly ruled out calling up Bojan Krkic (pictured) for the impending Euro 2008 tournament next summer in Austria and Switzerland.

The veteran coach, speaking at a sponsorship meeting between the Spanish FA and Cruzcampo, remarked, "We're tracking him, and it's possible that he'll debut in a friendly, but he is too young for the European Championships."

Bojan, 17, has already played for all levels of the young Furia Roja, right up to the U-21s, but perhaps mindful of the fate of Theo Walcott at the World Cup last year with England, Aragones has deemed tournament play another ball game entirely.
Link

Krkic Stars On His Catalan Debut
Bojan Krkic made the best possible debut as he scored on his first appearance for Catalunya in the draw against the Basque Country on Saturday evening.

The 17-year-old Barcelona forward was called into the squad for the first time and made an immediate impression in front of a packed San Mamés.

While Krkic still has to decide whether to represent Spain or Serbia in official internationals, he ensured that he will become a regular for the Catalan side.

Coach Pere Gratacós was delighted with the youngster's performance in a game that saw him put the visitors ahead before Aritz Aduriz levelled for the Basque Country.

"It was the game he dreamed of because he played in San Mamés, in front of a full house and scored a goal as the fans cheered for him," the trainer explained.

Reflecting on Albert Joqurera' injury, Gratacós revealeved that he knew something was wrong as soon as the Barça goalkeeper went down.

"We are very worried about him because he came here wanting to do really well and had worked hard with us," he said.

On the game itself, the Catalan boss was delighted with passion shown and the atmosphere inside the stadium as the two sides played out the festive fixture.

"It was very intense," he continued. "I am proud to come to the Basque Region and see so many Catalan supporters here.

"The two sets of fans were together in the stands and that was important. We have combined forces and two nations are always better than one."

Lucas Brown, Goal.com
I'll post updates on him until he gets his first cap. This doesn't mean I think he'll play for Serbia (very unlikely) but it's worth keeping an eye on him until then.

#14 ·
MuZz LeO said:
didnt he allready choosed spain,i am prety sure he did.
He said he'd like to continue to play for Spain in early Dec I think. Terzic said he hasn't given up on him so until it's decided, he's still worth keeping an eye on. But like I said in my previous post, the chance of him playing for us is very unlikely before any people jump to conclusions and try to argue things I don't disagree with.

#15 ·
Marko3 said:
He said he'd like to continue to play for Spain in early Dec I think. Terzic said he hasn't given up on him so until it's decided, he's still worth keeping an eye on. But like I said in my previous post, the chance of him playing for us is very unlikely before any people jump to conclusions and try to argue things I don't disagree with.

I still got my fingerz crossed...

#16 ·
Kuzmanovićevim stopama
03.01.08. 16:00

Krilni igrač Galatasaraja Sarkan Čalik odlučio je da više ne nastupa za mladu fudbalsku reprezentaciju Nemačke, već da na seniorskom nivou brani boje svoje domovine, Turske.

- Nisam imao dilemu. Igre u turskom dresu jedina su stvar koja me zanima na seniorskom nivou i to sam rekao čelnicima nemačke kuće fudbala, rekao je ovaj 21-godišnjak koji je pet puta igrao za mlade "pancere".

Lets hope for Marin to do the same :thmbup:

#17 ·
Found this on the BiH forum, very interesting to say the least. :D

http://www.bhtalents.net/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=61&Itemid=1
Evo nam jos jednog naseg talenta. Ustvari ne naseg nego njihovog.
Vjerovatno cemo ga gledati u reprezentaciji Srbiji a mozda i u reprezentaciji Njemackoj.
No, nije vazno, mnogo nasih ljudi ga poznaje kao dobrog i brzog fudbalera, sto je i tacno.
Vodili smo "mini"-intervju sa njim i to na njemackom i predstavili se kao nijemci, u nadi da cemo saznati ista vise o njemu nego sto on to prica pred nasim novinarima. Vidjelo se je da nam takav "covjek" ne treba u reprezentaciji.
Preveli smo cijeli taj "mini"-intervju na bosanski.

CITAJ DALJE...

- Zdravo Marko! Igrac si Borussie M' Gladbacha. 3 saveza se bore za tebe, da zaigras sa njih. To su: Njemacki, Srpski i Bosanski. Za koga bih ti najradje igrao?

Na prvom mi je mjestu Srbija. A ako ne budem mogao igrati za Srbiju onda bih igrao za Njemacku.

- A sta je sa Bosnom i Hercegovinom?

Ne znam odkud Vam to, ali ja sam Srbin.

- Zar niste rodjeni u Bosanskoj Gradiski?

Ja sam rodjen u Gradisci. Bosanska Gradiska ne postoji nigdje. Pogledajte na kartu.

- Pa dobro, kako ti hoces. Znaci BiH ne dolazi u obzir?

Ne dolazi u obzir.

Tu smo i stali i nismo imali ni volje da razgovaramo dalje sa njim.
Evo, da mi ne bih ispali lazovi, postavili smo nekoliko slika, gdje smo se dopisivali i tako dalje..

So there's hope at the end of the day, let's get ourselves that #10!

#19 ·
I saw it myself and registered on the page where Marko Marin is at, some gay community..

:howler:

#20 ·
High Heels sex addict? wtf :howler:

Its obvious that hes a proud Serb and that he wants to play for Serbia,if he ends up playing for Germany we can only blame FSS.

#21 ·
Krle said:
Found this on the BiH forum, very interesting to say the least. :D

http://www.bhtalents.net/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=61&Itemid=1
Evo nam jos jednog naseg talenta. Ustvari ne naseg nego njihovog.
Vjerovatno cemo ga gledati u reprezentaciji Srbiji a mozda i u reprezentaciji Njemackoj.
No, nije vazno, mnogo nasih ljudi ga poznaje kao dobrog i brzog fudbalera, sto je i tacno.
Vodili smo "mini"-intervju sa njim i to na njemackom i predstavili se kao nijemci, u nadi da cemo saznati ista vise o njemu nego sto on to prica pred nasim novinarima. Vidjelo se je da nam takav "covjek" ne treba u reprezentaciji.
Preveli smo cijeli taj "mini"-intervju na bosanski.

CITAJ DALJE...

- Zdravo Marko! Igrac si Borussie M' Gladbacha. 3 saveza se bore za tebe, da zaigras sa njih. To su: Njemacki, Srpski i Bosanski. Za koga bih ti najradje igrao?

Na prvom mi je mjestu Srbija. A ako ne budem mogao igrati za Srbiju onda bih igrao za Njemacku.

- A sta je sa Bosnom i Hercegovinom?

Ne znam odkud Vam to, ali ja sam Srbin.

- Zar niste rodjeni u Bosanskoj Gradiski?

Ja sam rodjen u Gradisci. Bosanska Gradiska ne postoji nigdje. Pogledajte na kartu.

- Pa dobro, kako ti hoces. Znaci BiH ne dolazi u obzir?

Ne dolazi u obzir.

Tu smo i stali i nismo imali ni volje da razgovaramo dalje sa njim.
Evo, da mi ne bih ispali lazovi, postavili smo nekoliko slika, gdje smo se dopisivali i tako dalje..

So there's hope at the end of the day, let's get ourselves that #10!
This is the second best quote of the year behind Jelena's 'We are Serb, we fight to the end'

#22 ·
milos said:
High Heels sex addict? wtf :howler:

Its obvious that hes a proud Serb and that he wants to play for Serbia,if he ends up playing for Germany we can only blame FSS.
I guess he's a bit of an pervert though :howler:

#24 ·
From the BiH forum

Srbija hoće još talentovanih fudbalera iz BiH za reprezentaciju

Danijel Subotić, talentovani napadač, koji je početkom januara potpisao troipogodišnji ugovor s engleskim Portsmutom, iako ima bh. pasoš, mogao bi zaigrati za fudbalsku reprezentaciju Srbije.

Zvjezdan Terzić, predsjednik FS Srbije, već je "krenuo u akciju" i u utorak naveče u Cirihu se sastao sa Danijelovim ocem, kako bi privolio Subotića starijeg da njegov sin zaigra u dresu naših istočnih komšija.

"Terzić me pozvao na večeru i razgovarali smo o mogućnosti da Danijel igra za Srbiju. Sastanak je bio neformalni i nismo ništa definitivno dogovorili. Objasnio mi je da on ništa ne može obećati i da se o igračkom kadru pita selektor", rekao je Žarko Subotić za "Nezavisne novine".

Danijel je rođen 31. januara 1989. godine u Zagrebu, a nastupao je za "U-19" selekciju Švajcarske. Ipak, izjasnio se da neće igrati za "A" reprezentaciju ove zemlje.

"Osjetio je da ne pripada Švicarcima i sigurno neće debitovati za njihov 'A' tim. Igraće ili za BiH ili Srbiju. Vezani smo za BiH, s obzirom da smo iz Doboja, a iz Srbije su nas već kontaktirali. Trećeg izbora sigurno neće biti. Pitao me za savjet i rekao sam mu da se sam odluči, jer je punoljetan. Lično, najviše bih volio kada bi mogao obući dres Engleske, jer bi u toj reprezentaciji najviše napredovao", objasnio je otac ovog talentovanog fudbalera, čije riječi je potvrdio i Danijel, uz opasku da još nije kontaktirao niti sa jednim savezom:

"U ovom trenutku teško mi je reći koju bi reprezentaciju odabrao, jer me niko nije kontaktirao. Iskreno, nisam o tome mnogo ni razmišljao. U posljednje vrijeme bio sam zaokupljen transferom i zbog toga sam pomalo i uzbuđen. Kada se sve slegne, dobro ću razmisliti i, vjerujem, odlučiti najbolje."

Subotić je u dosadašnjoj karijeri nosio dresove samo dva kluba. Proteklih deset godina nastupao je za švicarski Bazel, odakle se i otisnuo ka Otoku, gdje je sa Portsmutom potpisao troipogodišnju saradnju.

"Sve je ispalo veoma brzo. Krajem prošle godine pozvan sam u Portsmut i već nakon dva treninga Hari Rednap, menadžer tima, rekao je da sam zadovoljio njegove kriterije. Početkom 2008. godine ponovo sam otišao u Englesku, prošao ljekarske preglede i parafirao ugovor. Pored Portmusta, za moje usluge bili su zainteresovani i Verona, Bolton, Blekburn, Njukasl, Seltik i Glazgov Rendžers. Tek ovdje sam saznao da su me Englezi pratili dvije godine i da sam uvršten među pet top talenata Evrope u svojoj starosnoj kategoriji", rekao je Subotić u telefonskom razgovoru za "Nezavisne novine".

Talentovani napadač uskoro bi trebalo da debituje za prvi tim popularnih "mornara", posebno zbog činjenice da do 10. februara trener Rednap neće moći računati na napadače Džona Utaku i Nvankva Kanua, koji su na afričkom Kupu nacija.

"Postojala je mogućnost da proteklog vikenda zaigram protiv Sanderlenda, ali je to otpalo. Ne opterećujem se previše datumom kada ću debitovati za prvi tim. Uvjeren sam da ću dočekati svoju priliku, a onda ću se na terenu odužiti Rednapu što me doveo u Portsmut", samouvjeren je Subotić, naglasivši da najviše vremena provodi sa Nikom Kranjčarom, reprezentativcem Hrvatske, koji je jedan od najboljih igrača Portsmuta u ovoj sezoni.

Bolić: Pratićemo sve naše igrače

Elvir Bolić, prvi pomoćnik selektora Mehe Kodre, naglasio je da se BiH neće tek tako odricati naših igrača koji nastupaju širom Evrope, kao što je to bio slučaj u proteklom periodu.

"Pratićemo sve naše igrače vani. Tako ćemo razgovarati i sa Subotićem. Naša je želja da u tim okupimo sve najbolje fudbalere, bez obzira gdje oni igraju", istakao je Bolić.

He sounds like a promising player but his father worries me:thmbdown:

#25 ·
It's a good thing Terzic is taking actions.

I like that.