Xtratime Community banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Chile's Clausura 2006

9K views 214 replies 8 participants last post by  colocolo 
#1 ·
Two weeks for the Second Championship of the Chilean year....The fixtures are a repeat of the Apertura with the venues in the oposite direction.....

Just a couple of wks rest for those battling till the end, some teams of course hve been idle for a month and more !!!

:cap:

#203 ·
colocolo said:
And of course...regardless of what happens today in Stgo Vs Pachuca...This comming sunday we AGAIN kick the Desert Foxes Arses in Calama !!! :dielaugh:

See......:glasses: I said it...I truly wasnt 100% certain we were goinn to beat Pachuca....I think Pinochet had to have died a week later.....All the skeletons in The Nacional screewed our party !!!! That Im convinced of !!!! :eek:

#206 ·
CHILE

Colo Colo and Audax Italiano won their semi-final ties and will meet in the Clausura championship final after the weekend's two second legs produced six goals apiece.

Colo Colo, beaten by Mexico's Pachuca in the Copa Sudamericana final after losing the second leg at home on Wednesday, bounced back to draw 3-3 at Cobreloa and win 6-3 on aggregate.

Argentine Lucas Barrios gave Cobreloa a 24th-minute lead in Calama but Humberto Suazo and Matias Fernandez, from a penalty, gave the visitors a 2-1 halftime lead.

Barrios equalised in the 52nd minute, Suazo put Colo Colo back in front in the 71st and Juan Luis Gonzalez made it 3-3 three minutes later.

Audax Italiano survived a fightback by O'Higgins to win the other tie 6-5 on aggregate despite losing the return 4-2. Leading 4-1 from the first leg, Audax were 2-1 up with 25 minutes left before two goals from Venezuelan Giancarlo Maldonado and a Cesar Santis own goal in a seven minute spell put O'Higgins 4-2 ahead.

Marco Olea had the ball in the net for O'Higgins in injury-time but the goal, which would have forced a penalty shootout, was controversially disallowed for offside.

#208 ·
Fernandez sets Colo Colo on way to easy win in final

SANTIAGO, Dec 21 (Reuters) - Midfielder Matias Fernandez scored another outstanding goal to help Colo Colo beat Audax Italiano 3-0 in the first leg of the Chilean championship final on Wednesday.

The 20-year-old prodigy, who will join Villareal in Spain at the end of the year, set the Chieftains :proud: on their way when he scored with a 40-metre free kick in the 21st minute.

Fernandez's low shot flew past the wall and swerved inside the near post for his 15th goal of the tournament.

Striker Humberto Suazo added the second in the 55th minute with his 13th of the competition, holding off his marker before rifling home a shot on the turn from the edge of the penalty area.

Midfielder Rodrigo Melendez capped the performance with another exquisite goal in the 84th minute, playing a neat one-two with Mario Caceres and flicking the ball past goalkeeper Peric.

The return will be on Saturday.

#211 ·
Chilean championship winners

SANTIAGO, Dec 24 (Reuters) - Winners of the Chilean championship.

1933 - Magallanes

1934 - Magallanes

1935 - Magallanes

1936 - Audax Italiano

1937 - Colo Colo

1938 - Magallanes

1939 - Colo Colo

1940 - Universidad de Chile

1941 - Colo Colo

1942 - Santiago Morning

1943 - Union Espanola

1944 - Colo Colo

1945 - Green Cross

1946 - Audax Italiano

1947 - Colo Colo

1948 - Audax Italiano

1949 - Universidad Catolica

1950 - Everton

1951 - Union Espanola

1952 - Everton

1953 - Colo Colo

1954 - Universidad Catolica

1955 - Palestino

1956 - Colo Colo

1957 - Audax Italiano

1958 - Wanderers

1959 - Universidad de Chile

1960 - Colo Colo

1961 - Universidad Catolica

1962 - Universidad de Chile

1963 - Colo Colo

1964 - Universidad de Chile

1965 - Universidad de Chile

1966 - Universidad Catolica

1967 - Universidad de Chile

1968 - Wanderers

1969 - Universidad de Chile

1970 - Colo Colo

1971 - San Felipe

1972 - Colo Colo

1973 - Union Espanola

1974 - Huachipato

1975 - Union Espanola

1976 - Everton

1977 - Union Espanola

1978 - Palestino

1979 - Colo Colo

1980 - Cobreloa

1981 - Colo Colo

1982 - Cobreloa

1983 - Colo Colo

1984 - Universidad Catolica

1985 - Cobreloa

1986 - Colo Colo

1987 - Universidad Catolica

1988 - Cobreloa

1989 - Colo Colo

1990 - Colo Colo

1991 - Colo Colo

1992 - Cobreloa

1993 - Colo Colo

1994 - Universidad de Chile

1995 - Universidad de Chile

1996 - Colo Colo

1997: Apertura - Universidad Catolica

Clausura - Colo Colo

1998 - Colo Colo

1999 - Universidad de Chile

2000 - Universidad de Chile

2001 - Wanderers

2002: Apertura - Universidad Catolica

Clausura - Colo Colo

2003: Apertura - Cobreloa

Clausura - Cobreloa

2004: Apertura - Universidad de Chile

Clausura - Cobreloa

2005: Apertura - Union Espanola

Clausura - Universidad Catolica

2006: Apertura - Colo Colo

Clausura - Colo Colo

Note: two championships per season were played in 1997 and every year since 2002.

25 for ColoColo:thumbsup:

#213 ·
Tim...... GrassyAss
:dielaugh:

The MAIN rea$on is that .... $$$$ ... Then other reasons behind it (And they make sense to me from that point o view..) When you have a strong team in a full season...in most cases they build up sucha a large lead that months before that season ends ..... everyone (Xcept the front runner fans) gives up on the championship and revenues go to hell..Attendance is down and TV viewing is down....

When in SA they looked North and saw for example what Mexico was doinn day and day out in their 2 runs per year.. Specially in Chile..they copied the mold to the tee..And basically it has been a success by far compared to the old .... long and tedius campaing.

I like it because...its more for your money and because in a way its like the old long season...In the Apertura whatever fixture is drawn...the same one is used backwards for the Clausura...So if ColoColo for example loses to Cobreloa in the 1st championship..You're lookinn forward that same year for vengeance in the second run...

Also its nice when you can have the last runner up into the play-offs...and the possibility of that team winning it all..

Argentina and Chile use similar seasons with the only BIG differrence is that in Chile we have playoffs,,,and they're exciting and that is a carbon copy of the Mexican league..

Now in the one that just ended in Argentina....and without playoffs..they ran into a ONE decisive game because Boca and Estudiantes had equal points...And AFA is contenplating the Mexican and Chilean examples for possible future use.

Greetings these Holidays for you and family.... :cap:

#214 ·
Cacique....laugh a lot !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:thumbsup:

Bahawah !!!!!!!!!! :pp this is too frikken much !!!!!!!!

"Chupetín", el doble de Humberto Suazo también celebró.

Frikken H I L A R I O U S !!!!!!!!!!!!!!:thumbsup:

Can someone please.........please.......please... make this little bold shit my NEW avatar ????

I :heart: It !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.