Xtratime Community banner

No thread for Papiss Cisse!?

935 views 20 replies 12 participants last post by  .BLAUGRANA. 
#1 ·
The lad is destroying the EPL!

He will take Newcastle to a CL spot! :star:

#3 ·
Hopefully. I think Arsenal is safe. They will finish 3rd, and they deserve it.

Plus with Tottenham dismantling themselves from being comfortably 3rd to to hopefully 5th would give United a chance to snatch Bale and Modric :D

#4 ·
He is massive for the moment. His move to EPL really suited him and he is earning the money.

Hope New Castle gets the CL spot they deserve at the expense of Totenham (who pushed the self-destruction button) and Chelsea.

#11 ·
His success so far in the PL got me thinking: is the Bundesliga the best place to get strikers from? Think about it. The players who have moved abroad recently: Berbatov, Dzeko, Ba, Cisse and to a lesser extent Gekas.

If I were a PL team looking for a striker I'd take a hard look at Helmes or Barrios.

#15 ·
Newcastle got Demba Ba and Pappis for what, half of what they got for Carroll? And they're both much better strikers. They can even spend the rest of the transfer fee for Huntelaar and have 3 great strikers. Amazing how overrated English players are, and how underrated Bundesliga is.

#18 ·
チャットキラー;9117001 said:
Wasn't he unsettled for some time prior to his departure? Plus, when he was there, he was their only avenue for goals, really. Now instead of relying so much on one figurehead, maybe they're playing better collectively.
Probably. He was "slated" to move in the Summer, but Freiburg were playing hardball over the price.

Possibly. Like I said, I know they reinforced the side. Just frustrating seeing them lose a guy like him. They've already shed enough good youth prospects over the past few years. Fortunately they're moving away from the relegation zone though.

Anyway, he must be making a lot more. I don't know why you'd trade the Schwarzwald for the Toon.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.