Xtratime Community banner

our bitches: Wijnaldum and Fer

9K views 149 replies 15 participants last post by  chivu 
#1 ·
What do you expect from these players this season? Can they play regulary for the first team? They seem like very big talents.

#2 ·
They'll play quite a lot I think. Maybe not starters yet but they'll get their time.

Fer's a strong modern day box to box midfielder. His weakness atm is that I think he runs too much with the ball.

Wijnaldum - a more attacking midfielder - has good skill and decent pace. Hope to see more of him.

#3 ·
I got to see both matches of the Rotterdam tournament on the telly. Wijnaldum looks to be the next breakout player and only 17 still! Hopefully he doesn't play internationally, attracting the likes of Real Madrid and Chelsea who would stick him on the bench or in their reserve squads.

Fer looked good at times, and other times spent too much time dribbling into trouble, as pointed out by Wally.

Losing every pre-season match against real opposition isn't too encouraging but then again they have done so without several starters. A good time to give some runouts to the bench-warmers.

My question is in regards to Biseswar. Will this be his year to prove useful or will he be sent along down the road?

#4 ·
I'm not so sure about Biseswar. While he tried his best in the Rotterdam tournament, he did give the ball away in the Benfica friendly which led to their goal. Just have a feeling he lacks genuine Feyenoord quality but then again we don't have a lot of forwards so I can see Verbeek keeping him which I wouldn't mind too much tbh. At least he's young and can perhaps improve a bit.

What I do mind is Verbeek giving so much playing time for Buijs. I mean what's the point lol? might as well chuck in Tiendalli and Saidi while we're at it who probably would do a better job in their respective positions than Buijs.

btw welcome to the forums, Teak. Always great to have more Feyenoord fans on here :thumbsup:

#6 ·
Not at Feyenoord though but yeah, I don't think anyone can do worse than Buijs.

Off course he had to get a yellow card too yesterday with like his first foul. Unbelievable, what a hack.

#7 ·
Thanks for info.

What do you know about Rajiv van La Parra? He has played for Feyenoord youth, and also have one game for the seniors. He know plays for Caen i France. Also have matches for U21, if what wikipedia says is right. Never know about thar tough.

#8 ·
Dunno much about van la Parra. I actually can't remember when he once played for the first team. From what I've seen of him in youth matches (1) he's an attacking midfielder and he left for Caen cos they're letting him become part of the first team squad.

First thought Caen wasn't much but looking at their record, they're actually the side where Gallas, Bernard Mendy, Rothen, Bodmer and Sommeil broke through into first team football, so definitely no mugs.

#10 ·
Yeah he was used as a right back by van Marwijk cos we had no alternatives for that position cos of injuries at some stage of last season but he's definitely a midfielder. That was his position in all the youth teams at Feyenoord.

As for his technqiue, it's decent. Nothing special but what sets him apart is his strength. Seems very strongly built for a 17/18 year old and that's why I think he'll end up being a holding midfielder who can at times move forward. He'll need to listen carefully to tactical instructions though as earlier pointed out (ie. his overwillingness to dribble)

#11 ·
I agree with your assessment regarding Fer, Wally. He has a good physique and could be (will be?) a good holding midfielder if he can get over the need to dribble so much.

Of course, whether or not Feyenoord can benefit from the talent and potential of Fer and Wijnaldum depends upon whether or not they continue the practice of selling their good young players on and buying veterans as replacement. It is probably better to give the youngsters salary increases as they get better and hope to hold onto them until some more youngsters can be brought in as replacements. Wouldn't it be nice to contend for the Eredivisie title again?

Teak

#14 ·
The holding role clearly isn't his position for this natural number 10 as you saw with the goals. However defending obviously is something he'll have to learn in the modern game if he's going to become a good modern day player cos skill and passing are things he certainly already has.

#16 ·
#19 ·
Frank Arnesen and David Moyes were at de Kuip to keep tabs on Wijnaldum while so were scouts from Liverpool and Real Madrid.

He's got a contract till 2012 so hopefully Bosz will see sense.

#21 ·
#23 ·
#24 ·
Why can't Feyenoord ask for silly money, like Chelsea is willing to pay, you know like Euro25 million? What did they pay for Michael Essien? If Fey can get it, why not ask?
No CL experience for our guys plus we apparently can't say no to a 10m euro bid looking at our financial state :(

#25 ·
06-03-2009 FEYENOORD VERLENGT CONTRACT WIJNALDUM

Door middel van het vroegtijdig lichten van de optie uit zijn contract heeft Feyenoord het contract met Georginio Wijnaldum verlengd. De 18-jarige aanvallende middenvelder staat daardoor nog tot en met 30 juni 2012 onder contract in De Kuip. Wijnaldum, nog altijd de jongste debutant in de clubhistorie, speelde sinds zijn entree in april 2007 37 competitieduels, waarin hij 3 keer scoorde.

‘Georginio is zonder twijfel het grootste talent dat Feyenoord de laatste jaren heeft voortgebracht’, laat algemeen directeur Eric Gudde optekenen. ‘Ook in een voor de club sportief moeilijk seizoen heeft hij zich weten te onderscheiden. We hebben er heel veel vertrouwen in dat hij de grote belofte die hij nog in zich draagt gaat waarmaken. Ook de nieuwe trainer Mario Been ziet het in hem zitten en als de voortekenen niet bedriegen, zal Georginio een van de pijlers van het nieuwe Feyenoord worden. Tegelijkertijd is hij nog altijd maar een jonge speler die ook fouten mag maken. Met dit nieuwe contract willen we hem laten zien dat Feyenoord Gini wil koesteren.’

‘Feyenoord laat op deze manier zien dat het heel veel vertrouwen in mij heeft’, zei Wijnaldum na de ondertekening. ‘Nu moet ik me niet gek laten maken door allerlei geruchten en geluiden om mij heen en gewoon mijn best blijven doen. Ik ben nu sowieso nooit bezig met andere clubs, ik heb me altijd volledig op Feyenoord gericht en zal dat blijven doen. Ik moet sowieso ook eerst mijn school afmaken van mijn oma.’

Wijnaldum kende een zeer goede start van het huidige seizoen, al ging het daarna wat moeizamer. De afgelopen weken moest hij bijvoorbeeld een aantal keer op de bank beginnen. ‘Georginio heeft laten zien dat hij als een grote meneer om is gegaan met die tegenslag’, zegt trainer Leon Vlemmings. ‘Ik denk dat het ook heel belangrijk is in je ontwikkeling als speler om dat soort stappen te maken, je moet leren omgaan met tegenslag.’

Wijnaldum zelf denkt zelf ook nog veel te kunnen leren bij Feyenoord. ‘Dit is tot nu toe een heel leerzaam seizoen geweest. Persoonlijk gaat het redelijk, maar met het team minder. Het is belangrijk voor mijn ontwikkeling om dit mee te maken.’
:proud:

Still see him being sold in the summer of 2010 though :(

#26 ·
Fer houdt van de Antillen maar kiest voor Oranje
Leroy Fer hoopt in de toekomst voor het Nederlands elftal uit te komen. De middenvelder van Feyenoord moest kiezen tussen Oranje of het vertegenwoordigende elftal van de Nederlandse Antillen en heeft voor Nederland gekozen. “Het was een enorm lastige keuze, maar ik heb hem gemaakt”, zegt Fer in Voetbal International.

De middenvelder zegt met Oranje voor zijn loopbaan te hebben gekozen. “Zeker na de uitnodiging die ik kreeg voor Jong Oranje”, aldus Fer. “Dan is het Nederlands elftal misschien wel een volgende stap. Ik houd enorm veel van mijn eiland, dus mijn keuze voor Nederland is ook een keuze voor mijn carrière.”

De negentienjarige Fer brak vorig seizoen door in de hoofdmacht van Feyenoord en speelde onder Gertjan Verbeek en Leon Vlemmings alle 34 competitiewedstrijden mee. Ook dit seizoen, onder Mario Been, is hij een vaste waarde in het elftal. In totaal staat de teller na een ruime twee jaar op 51 competitieduels.
Traitor!:mad: But I still love you :kiss:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.