Xtratime Community banner

Toro @ Serie B 11-12 Season

16K views 244 replies 25 participants last post by  Yuumei 
#1 ·
it's official now
new coach=ventura

Ventura è il nuovo allenatore del Toro
lunedì 06 giugno 2011

Il Torino Football Club S.p.A. è lieto di comunicare che è stato raggiunto in data odierna un accordo fino al 30 giugno 2012 con Giampiero Ventura.

Il nuovo allenatore granata sarà presentato agli organi di informazione nella giornata di mercoledì 8 giugno.
http://www.torinofc.it/content/view/8265/61/

#3 ·
Serie B sleeping giants Torino have told star striker Rolando Bianchi to find a new club, Tuttosport are suggesting.

According to the Turin daily, the outfit’s sporting director Gianluca Petrachi yesterday informed Bianchi that he had no future at the club.

It is claimed that the Granata want to start a new chapter under new boss Giampiero Ventura which will see all the players left from their 2008-09 Serie A campaign sold.

As a result, Andrea Gasbarroni, Francesco Pratali and Paolo Zanetti seem set for a summer exit too.

It would be a surprise if Toro sacrificed Bianchi given the amount of goals he has scored since his 2008 arrival from Lazio.

Bianchi, who spent a year in England with Manchester City, has grabbed 54 League goals for the club – including play-off strikes – over the last three seasons.

The 28-year-old ended the last campaign with 19 goals from 33 Serie B matches. Just three of those were penalties.

Just saw this on the football Italia website. I'm a big fan of Bianchi so I would be sad to see him leave. It would make sense though as he is supposedly on big wages. It is the time of rumour and speculation so who knows.

#4 ·
I was just about to post the same thing. It would seem a bad decision. Bianchi has scored alot of goals for Toro, is the captain, and when on-form, inspirational for the team. He has the right attitude on the pitch and off. Plus, he's been with Toro for years and is still on the right side of 30. I for one, wouldn't throw Bianchi on the sword for Ventura.

Let's hope it stays a rumor.

#5 ·
Bianchi pushed towards Serie A

Unfortunately, the rumor is now taking form:

From F.I.:

New Torino boss Giampiero Ventura seems to be preparing for a Rolando Bianchi exit this summer.

Reports yesterday claimed that the striker would be sold and Ventura has suggested that he should be at a top-flight club.

“Bianchi is an important player, one who averages 20 goals a season,” the tactician told Radio CRC.

“If a side like Napoli signed him then that would be a great swoop. He’s a player that is ideal for Walter Mazzarri’s tactics..

“Bianchi has consolidated himself as a player, he has his own dimension and he deserves to play in Serie A.”

Napoli have been linked with Bianchi, but so too have Bologna, Parma and Catania over the last 48 hours.

“These are just newspaper stories for now,” his agent brother Riccardo Bianchi told TorinoGranata. “I have spoken to nobody and nobody has contacted me.

“There is nothing new to report as I’m waiting to speak with the President. As it stands, Rolando will start pre-season with Torino seeing as he has a contract until 2013.”

#6 ·
I see on the official website that Cairo has refuted the rumour that Bianchi is to leave. As far as he is concerned nothing has been decided yet. I didn't think Bianchi would stay with Toro last season and I was pleasantly surprised. So here is hoping that the rumours are just that.

#8 · (Edited)
In English From Football Italia, as printed in Italiano in TorinoGranta yesterday:

Bianchi Too Pricey

Torino striker Rolando Bianchi won’t accept a pay cut in order to seal a move to Serie A side Catania.

Toro, who failed to win promotion from Serie B this term, want to cash in on the player who reportedly earns €1.5m a season.

Catania seem interested, but chief executive Pietro Lo Monaco has concerns about the cost of such a deal.

“The attacker would have to reduce his salary,” Lo Monaco stated. “Otherwise it wouldn’t even be an option. If he doesn’t then he risks being left without a club.”

Bianchi’s agent, his brother Riccardo, insists that is not an avenue that they intend to go down at this moment in time.

“He’s already made sacrifices in the past and he doesn’t intend to make any more,” Riccardo Bianchi stated.

“There still hasn’t been any contact with Catania though. They are an important club for any player, but I firstly have to speak with Torino.

“Interest from Parma for Rolando? No, that’s a journalistic invention. I have received no offer from the Emiliana outfit.”

Bianchi, formerly of Reggina and Manchester City, is contracted to Toro until June 2013.

#9 ·
Hmmm, sounds like our captain will be exiting soon. That is a pity. The positive is that would free up a lot of extra cash on the payroll. I can certainly see why the club would want Bianchi to move on, it would help the rebuilding process. We will miss those goals though!

#10 ·
Ah, but the drama takes another twist:

http://www.torinogranata.it/?action=read&idnotizia=21899

Torinogranata reports Toro fans are mobilizing to retain the services of our captain. They point to 'the human factor', the personal bond they feel for Rolandinho, and in turn his affection for the club as being more important than the pessimism of Ventura, towards Bianchi's place in the starting XI.

Such high drama! You can even follow the link an vote on what you think should happen with regards to Bianchi. Just over 60% voting insist he must stay at Torino.

I of course also hope our 'bandiera' stays with us, at least just a little longer.

Love Football. Hate Business.

#13 ·
Bianchi loyal to the colors

From Torinogranata:
http://www.torinogranata.it/?action=read&idnotizia=21910

Rolando Bianchi, for his part, has again emphasized his desire to stay and his commitment to taking Toro up to Serie A. "Napoli's interest is an honor", he says. "But these are just words on a paper." He goes on to underline his goal to stay with us, "No thanks. I am very attached to these colors, to both the team and the city."

#15 ·
Iunco is no longer a Toro player after Chievo won the blind auction to determine which team fully owns the player.
In tuttosport the latest rumour is that juve want to sign Ogbonna. Just a rumour but the figure mentioned was 13 or 14 million euro. That's a big rebuild fund so I'm sure any bid would have to be considered.

#26 ·
Pretty quick and showed some promise as a good dribbler. But the times I saw him with the first team on our pre-season last year he showed horrible ball control.

Will you play with a three man attack or two wing-forwards? Both Verdi and Oduamandi would be best suited as wingforwards.

#24 ·
I totally agree. I'm guessing Cairo was only planning one year in seria b but that plan didn't work out. So now he is trying to put together a new team. No Bianchi would help the balance sheet.
To me Bianchi is true club captain, a leader. Cairo should be begging him to stay.

#28 ·
a few new faces arriving. Kamil Glik (23 Year old Polish defender) has arrived from Palermo.

http://www.torinofc.it/content/view/8324/61/

Matteo Darmian (21 year old Defender) has arrived from Palermo.

http://www.torinofc.it/content/view/8333/61/

From my very limited Italian language skills the Glik deal is permanent co ownership deal & the Darmian deal is a loan deal.

Manuel Iori (29 Year old Midfielder) has also arrived in a co ownership deal from Chievo. He played 39 games for Livorno last season, so he knows Seria B.

I don't know anything about these players, but for a more in depth review check out the always excellent blog from Rob:

http://torino-football-club.blogspot.com/

#30 ·
Darmian is the third Milan youth player you takes on. :D He is halfowned by Palermo and us which I guess explains he is only on a loan deal. Used to be known as a very talented player, but the few minutes he got with us was not good. Still, he got a couple of games with Palermo in serie A last year, could do things in serie B.

#31 ·
I certainly hope that this spells new vitality in the relationship between Torino and Milan. Beyond being potentially good for both clubs in the short and long runs, I have always liked Torino, THE team of Turin. :)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.