Xtratime Community banner

Fenerbahçe Amateur Branches

20K views 189 replies 26 participants last post by  MetinK5 
#1 · (Edited)
As you all m ight know Fenerbahce Sport Club is having an incredible boost in it's amateur branches these last years.

Our women's team in B-ball are the champions from two years back.....Esref Apak (hammer) and Atagün Yalcinkaya (boxing) won medals in this years Olympics.

We are Turkish champions since way back in rowing, swimming and many other sports.

Now a young woman by the name of Gülsüm Seyma Tatar won the gold medal in women's 56 kg boxing (european championship).

Gülsüm claims gold

Fenerbahçe`s Gülsüm Şeyma Tatar won gold in the European Women`s Boxing Championships.
Eva Wahlstrom was well beaten by our boxer, who won with 25-12.

Other Turkish boxers also got good results in the championships held in Italy. Derya Aktop won silver in 46kg while Sümeyra Kaya also got silver in 52kg.

ps.s she is only 19 years old....;)

See less See more
#79 ·
You're right, that Italian team was too much. Looks like FB took it to the full 5 sets though and played well.
Congratulations to the squad for a runners up finish in Europe :)

Also, I think it's a good thing that Aziz Yildrim went to this match and not the football match. Shows a little bit that he's interested in more than just investing in football at Fenerbahce sports club :)

Did you know that there is a Russian girl on the squad that is 2.02m?! (6'8") :eekani:

#81 ·
This is actually a massive, massive transfer. I don't think anyone realizes how big this is lol, this is essentially equivalent to transferring Messi right now to our football club. She is the best player in the world currently, and we also signed one of the best female basketball coaches around too... We should make a solid run for the European Championship this year... :thumbsup:

#83 ·
Wow, this is crazy. I used to watch her at UConn when I lived in CT, amazing. It makes me so proud to see Fenerbahce becoming a worldwide brand :proud:

#86 ·
Voleyball branch's latest signing, Katarzyna Skowrońska:

#100 ·
This is where I envy you "normal" height humans. I've dated a woman that was 6'2" and another that was 6'0"...but since I'm 6'8" thats really only equivalent to someone 5"11 dating a woman that's 5'7" :D

Back to Basketball:

:proud:

#101 ·
Summer Signing: Ze Roberto

It's even on the official site: http://www.fenerbahce.org/fb2008/detay.asp?ContentID=19890

:D Just kidding, wanted to spark a bit of activity and see how many people we could pull into the forum.

In all seriousness, with all the discussions about how well run the other branches are compared to football, it's interesting that the Volleyball branch can sort out it's manager so quickly and effectively, when we don't even know if Daum will stay or go... :undecide:

(I'll move this to the "Other branches" thread shortly, after a bit of fun)

#103 ·
Fenerbahce signed Ivan Miljkovic for the men's volleyball team. I guess he's a pretty famous Serbian player, and is considered one of the best players in the world.
I don't know much about him, but I guess he's a pretty important signing for Aziz Yildrim to attend his press conference.

...the dude is jacked!

#108 ·
Tebrikler...winning a world championship is a great acheivement. They really invested wisely and got a big return on that investment in only 2-3 years...hmm, I could think of another branch that should consider that simple philosophy ;)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.