Xtratime Community banner

Israel - Slovenia

4K views 136 replies 12 participants last post by  Janez 
#1 · (Edited)
Put down any news as you hear it! You can also put down random opinions about anything you wish :)

GO Slovenija!!!!

#2 ·
it will be tough. Israel will come out playing like madmen (or at least trying to). slovenia has been known to win huge games (or draw), but then draw to minnows!

Zahovic must play well, and i think that Slovenia has nothing to worry about.

#3 ·
Lately Nastja Èeh has been the key player of our team and I hope he will be as good as ever and that the early finishing of the Belgium league (and partying :drunk: :D ) won't affect him too much.

ZZ is good, we all know that, but it depends on him if he wants to play good or not.

#4 ·
Well against Israel it will be something else than against Cyprus or malta. They are a quality teal, eventhough they don't allways perform to their potential. I sure hope they won't when we face them either :D ! Their results in these qualies aren't that convincing also, except for that great game they had against France in Palermo, and that's exactly what worries me. OK against Cyprus they drew and only just won, but there must have been a factor of underastimation inbetween there! They surely won't use the same kind of an attitude against us. So we will be up against a very tough team, and a very determined one as well. Neverthanless I'm optimistic and say we will do just fine, but first we must wait for a while and see how will our injured players recover!

#5 ·
I agree with what has been said. I think that if we are to win we must have a strong defence. The absence of Knavs has been noticeable in our last two games in which we gave away easy and stupid goals.:(

Zlatko Zahovic is our key player in this match, if he plays to the best of his abilities we should win with no troubles.

It would be wonderful to see Cimerotic back into the squad as he and Siljak would destroy the Israeli goal.

Also what is wrong with Acimovic???? :confused: I saw him playing for Tottenham only the week before yet he didnt play for our NT. Is he injured or has he retired from international soccer already????

So to sum up my post I will say that this is more than a winnable game for us, all we need to do is play properly.

#7 ·
NZS said:

Also what is wrong with Acimovic???? :confused: I saw him playing for Tottenham only the week before yet he didnt play for our NT. Is he injured or has he retired from international soccer already????
He did not retire from international duties, he just didn't contact our coach on time to tell him if he's injured or not anymore for the Malta-Slo game and therefor wasn't selected. He should be there for the Israel game. Although you never know ...

#8 ·
Good news: today's Ekipa says Knavs will return to NT for the Israel game. :cool:

#10 ·
Its great to hear that Knavs could be back in the squad. :) As I said before the biggest worry ahead of us in the game against Israel would be our defence. If Knavs is back almost all my worries would be gone for defeat in this match.

Thanks nina for the information on Acimovic. It is great to know that he hasnt retired. It would also be good to see him play against Israel in July.

#12 ·
Slovenian coach Bojan Prasnikar is set to announce list of Slovenian NT players going to face Israel on 22nd of May.

I will post any other news I hear as soon as I hear it. :tongue:

#13 ·
Are you claiming you'll hear it down there sooner then we here? :tongue: :D Razumeš slovensko? :)

Well one thing is clear, Ošlaj, who IMO did good against Malta, won't be joining the team as he got injured and had to operate his knee. He'll be out for the next 6 months.

#14 ·
:D Not saying I'll hear it first but maybe post it ;)

I hear that Oslaj was playing very well before being stretchered off. His replacement in the match Snofl apparently found it hard to get into the game.

#15 · (Edited)
nina1981 said:
Lately Nastja Èeh has been the key player of our team and I hope he will be as good as ever and that the early finishing of the Belgium league (and partying :drunk: :D ) won't affect him too much.

ZZ is good, we all know that, but it depends on him if he wants to play good or not.
He again curled in a beauty only a week after the title celebration against Lokeren so no need to worry about that. :angel: :D Notice how he simply scoops it past Dabanovic and the frustration (at least on one side ;)) afterwards. :)

#20 ·
Slovenia is still rank 36 in the FIFA Rankings despite defeating Malta 1 - 3.

Over the last two months Slovenia has been stuck on 610 points even though they won Cyprus 4 - 1 and malta 1 - 3.

I don't know about the rest of you but I think that we (Slovenians) are getting screwed. :fero:

Here is the site of all rankings.
http://www.fifa.com/en/display/article,69201.html

Am I wrong or has FIFA made a mistake in the rankings. If anyone knows an e-mail address or something can they post it so I can complain. :fero:

#21 ·
Hey, don't get too mad about the FIFA rankings, they are a joke anyway. Being at 36th place is pretty high for me anyway and if we don't gain any places following our victories against world football superpowers Cyprus and Malta, that's fine with me.

#22 ·
Yep, it's not like Cyprus and Malta are some big footballing names, and on the rankings are below us, so one would think that by beating teams like that, you don't get many points if any at all. 36 place seems pretty good to me as well, eventhough I wouldn't mind beeing a bit higher.:cool:

#26 ·
Selektor Bojan Prašnikar announced the list of players for the upcoming game against Israel which will be held on June 7.th in Antalya in Turkey. The list:

Vratarji Rojen Klub Nastopi Goli
Dabanoviè Mladen 13.09.71 Lokeren (BEL) 23 -
Simeunoviè Marko 06.12.67 Olympiakos Nicosia (CYP) 50 -

Obrambni igralci Rojen Klub Nastopi Goli
Bulajiè Spasoje 24.11.75 FSV Mainz 05 (GER) 21 1
Cipot Fabijan 25.08.76 Al Sadd Sports Club (KAT) 6 -
Knavs Aleksander 05.12.75 1.FC Kaiserslautern (GER) 42 2
Kržišnik Erik 08.03.74 Giannina (GRE) - -
Šnofl Matej 21.02.77 CMC Publikum 2 -
Vugdaliè Muamer 25.08.77 Shakhtar Donetsk (UKR) 19 -

Zvezni igralci Rojen Klub Nastopi Goli
Aèimoviè Milenko 15.02.77 Tottenham Hotspur FC (ENG) 45 10
Èeh Nastja 26.01.78 Club Brugge KV (BEL) 13 3
Gajser Saša 11.02.74 Olympiakos Nicosia (CYP) 26 1
Kariè Amir 31.12.73 Maribor Pivov.Laško 51 1
Koren Robert 20.09.80 CMC Publikum 2 -
Pavlin Miran 08.10.71 Vega Olimpija 54 5
Rudonja Mladen 26.07.71 Vega Olimpija 62 1
Šukalo Goran 24.08.81 SpVgg Unterhaching (GER) 6 -
Zahoviè Zlatko 01.02.71 Benfica (POR) 71 34
Žlogar Anton 24.11.77 Vega Olimpija 7 -

Napadalci Rojen Klub Nastopi Goli
Kmetec Marko 03.01.76 Vega Olimpija - -
Rakoviè Ermin 07.09.77 Maribor Pivov.Laško 7 1
Šiljak Ermin 11.05.73 Panionios

Of course the best news is that Sandi is back, also good is that Bane seems to be back. So that would mean solid defence again. In the midfield we are strong as usual, and the concurence is really harsh there. In attack we are a bit thin, so I guess Zahoviè will be there to partner Šiljo again! Anyway the preparations for the cruical game will last ten days, so we have a lot of time to really prepare to the best possible way.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.