Xtratime Community banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

RVP - the latest villain

51K views 1K replies 147 participants last post by  Beechy 
#1 ·
to the very top is my verdict, he has strength, awareness, movement, a technique to die for, a great finisher, lovely free-kick taker.

he has it all but needs to show more personality, with that he can become one of the elite strikers of the world IMO.

what do you think he can achieve ?

#2 ·
I agree he has all the necessary tools, now he just needs to understand how to operate all the available tools.

Or something... :cry: :scared: :irritate:

As for what he can accomplish...no idea. He could fulfill his ultimate potential and have a magnificent career, awards, trophies, ect. or he could end up with very little.

btw, has the rape case blown over? Or has a final decision yet to be announced? I've been wondering about this.

#3 ·
he rape case is still unresolved, it's widely believed that there is no real case to answer, however the Dutch are hanging it out, probably trying to find excuses for their heavy handed treatment of him over the summer. :rollani:

#4 ·
RVP can be a real top class striker, he is more direct than Dennis Bergkamp but is just as crative. He needs to learn when to pass the ball.

I do get a feeling that he and Henry do not play well together - I think Henry does not like him too much. Just body language

#5 ·
van Persie in many ways remidns me of the young Del Piero, except that van Perie is a bit of a taller, strappier lad. He's got one of those magic left feet, but he's a bit slow I reckon. To be honest, I feel van Persie's one of those players who can truly show their class when a team is built around them, but I don't see that happening too soon, not as long as Henry's around at-least. Till then, lets see if he's got the patience to wait for his chance or loses it.

#7 ·
I think if he keeps his mind on football, he has the ability to become one of arsenals greatest ever players. what also positive is that in recent weeks, hes been a lot more professional on the pitch when hes come on, rather than being rash and easily angered which is how he appeared when he first came

#8 ·
JV_ said:
What does it mean to show more personality?

just to believe in himself a bit more, sometimes i get the impression he thinks he doesn't deserve to be on the same pitch as Henry, but he does easily.

I think if you could take some of Zlatan's belief and give it to van Persie it would be great for both of them, Zlatan has too much belief. :D

#11 ·
just give him 5 to ten starts and he'll play verygood
you can't take something from a player who expects to be out at anytime

#12 ·
vP is awesome. I remember his last minute goal against Soto last year which was a great goal from a great individual. But i still maintain that Arsenal needs another world class striker. Like Adriano..

Here is a clip of the soto goal for anyone who missed it

Van Persie goal against soto

#13 ·
Back when I watched Van Persie as an U18 at Feyenoord, I knew this guy was destined for big things and so far he hasn't dissapointed me at all.

He has the technique, a tremendous left foot, flair and is just one of those players that make football worth watching. I always thought Arsenal was the right choice for him when he left Feyenoord because of AW and I have no doubt he'll continue to develop in London.

Another product of the great city of Rotterdam! :star:

#18 ·
Faisal said:
Class young talent like Quincy and Reyes, all have their rough edges, hopefully Wenger will smooth them out and make them top draw players because all three certainly have the potential to be that.
agreed, although i think van Persie is above the other two in terms of potential, i think van Persie can be one of the very best.

#21 ·
I Love Arsenal. said:
Jern, you must rate Van Persie higher than all our other youngsters...

although, saying "youngsters"...he's 21, 22?

btw, I made a Thierry Henry compilation...but, it's not the usual comp, but I hope people enjoy it nonetheless.

same age as Henry when he joined us, let's hope van Perise progresses even half as well. :lick:

where's the comp ?

#23 · (Edited)
Jern Lizardhous said:
where's the comp ?
It is presently uploading :cry: It'll be done in about an hour and forty minutes...so, stay up!! :pp

But I don't want anyone to have ANY expectations. It's a steaming pile of garbage. I don't even know how to make compilations :howler: You'll see what I mean :cry:

edit: Jern, do you have a broadband connection?

#24 ·
panicos said:
i agree he needs a run of games - but what player does not.

At the end of last season with Henry out he played well and scored some really good goals.
that was when we were on that good run as well wasn't it ? of course it's been harder for him this season in his limited opportunities, we haven't played well at all this season, we need a good run for him to show his true abilities.

#26 ·
I Love Arsenal. said:
I uploaded my Thierry Henry "pseudo-comp" in the video clips sub-forum...PLEASE leave a comment, I don't care what you think! Oh, and don't expect a comp, Football Fanatic style! :pp

I watched it earlier , great pictures and some nice music, what was that ? :thumbsup:

van Persie :star:

2 goals in 4 minutes, if he's have started then he would have got 45 goals probably. :glasses:

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.