Left Footed players are better than Right Footed Players [Archive] - Xtratime Community

Left Footed players are better than Right Footed Players

Scarf
November 21st, 2002, 13:24
Look at the Left-Footed (LF) talent:

Davids
Giggs
Vieri
Rivaldo
Denilsen
Roberto Carlos
Lizarazu
etc

Compared to the right footed talent; this lot are better

Rodriguez
November 21st, 2002, 19:43
Comparing right and left footed talent, you can see that there's plenty of decent right footed players too. Kinda goes without saying. Ronaldo, Ronaldinho, Figo, Zidane, Joaquin, Beckham.... need I go on? I'm not saying that right footed players are better than left footed ones, but there's great players either way.

labas
November 22nd, 2002, 00:47
Actually, this here, is a much more intriguing topic, then one might think.

I once read an opinion of a top manager (can't remmeber who he was:scream: ), and he was one of those, gasping in awe over the talent of left-footed players. He claimed that left-footers had that extra something in them, that made them great (supposedly it has to do with the brain).

Till recently I was living unaware of the fact, that wether you're left footed or not, is something genetical. I always thought it was just a case of picking a leg when you were a kid:D
But it's something in the brain, and left-footers are supposed to be more talented therfore.

In a way it may be true... look how many left-footers make it in the big time in football? I dunno, 20, 25%? More, less?

Whatever it is, it's definitely more than what you see on an average day when you go and kick ball in the park or wherever.

I'm actually left-footed (no, I'm not the next Raul:D), but don't take my comments as me just trying to feel better about myself;)
I wonder what others' have to say about this... anyone heard simular opinions?

Nero
November 22nd, 2002, 01:25
I'm a lefty so perhaps i'm bias, but i think left-footed players are more of an asset simply because there is a smaller percentage of them in the world compared to their right-footed counterparts.

i don't think players of either orientation in general are more or less talented, talent is purely an individual quality.

end3r7
November 22nd, 2002, 04:09
Nah, I don't think that matters at all. Left footed players are just harder to find and it is always good to have one of them on your left side, that is all. The rest is the same IMO

JCamilo
November 22nd, 2002, 04:14
a ambidextrous player is the real advantage...

Rodriguez
November 22nd, 2002, 08:41
Nero and JCamilo have both made wise points too.

Swiftwilly
November 22nd, 2002, 10:28
i agree with wat wenger thinks.
he likes to have a balance of a right and left footed midfield player. i think that is correct. shouldnt really lean towards one particular type of footed player, just get a balance.

Paolo_Montero
November 22nd, 2002, 11:16
Originally posted by JCamilo
ambidextrous player is the real advantage...

yep! we ambidextrous players sure come in handy :cool: :D

Scarf
November 22nd, 2002, 11:57
I'm originally a lefty

But er I've trainged to become ambi

numerodix
November 22nd, 2002, 12:02
My guess is even if you are ambidextrous, won't you still favor one foot over the other? I would think most start off with one foot, then try to develop the same kind of skills for the other but won't one of them usually be better than the other still?

Paolo_Montero
November 22nd, 2002, 13:38
sure, I guess so, for me I am naturally right footed, but I thought that if I could develop a left foot I would be a better player, and also help to solve England's left sided problem

Ok that bit was a joke

but anyway, at first when i tried, my left foot totally sucked, it didn't seem natural hitting the ball with my left, but keep at it, and eventually it becomes (nearly) as natural as the right foot. Now I can do killer defence splitting passes with both :D :tongue:

The_Ghost
November 22nd, 2002, 17:25
I'm a right footed player, or at least was. I spent a couple of months in intense training trying to use my left. I finally got the ability to use it. Though not as well as my other. I just constantly work on both at the same pace. Hopefully I'll get them both going good.

UtregBear
November 22nd, 2002, 21:28
In Holland we have many gifted left footed players, too much, actually :(:tongue: . I too think that in general left footed players are better or at least more creative..

Dule
November 22nd, 2002, 21:37
Not true - bobby charlton was right footed but his left became possibly stronger. A truly great player is able to use both feet whenever needed to the same ability and effect. Altough, Yugoslavia's greatest player was naturally left footed in Dragan Dzajic -he was a truly great player and of course knocked out the world champions in the 68 euro championships in the semi finals.

Alter Ego
November 23rd, 2002, 02:37
Maradona s left foot
is considered the best
foot ever to touch a ball
that should tell you something
dont u think?
;)

end3r7
November 23rd, 2002, 02:40
Originally posted by Alter Ego
Maradona s left foot
is considered the best
foot ever to touch a ball
that should tell you something
dont u think?
;)

Pele, Zico and many others were right foot.
I don't think it matters, but it helps the balance of the team I guess.

JCamilo
November 23rd, 2002, 05:31
My guess is even if you are ambidextrous, won't you still favor one foot over the other? I would think most start off with one foot, then try to develop the same kind of skills for the other but won't one of them usually be better than the other still?

Pele was ambidextrous. There was no difference to him. But then, he was Pele

(You will just like Nilton Santos or Junior because they played in the left side being right footed, they favored the left side. But if you play in the middle, you have no such bias)

Scarf
November 25th, 2002, 11:06
Ambi people are a different class

Paolo_Montero
November 25th, 2002, 12:25
:strong: :D