OFFICIAL 2001-2002 Raptor's Season Thread [Archive] - Xtratime Community

OFFICIAL 2001-2002 Raptor's Season Thread

Pages : [1] 2

Barlinek
October 26th, 2001, 16:45
With the Raptor's playing their last game of the pre-season yesterday vs. Jordan's Wizards, its time to look forward to what may be a magical season.

Post all Raptor related news here.

Let the games begin!!!!!!

Barlinek
October 26th, 2001, 16:48
The first game is on the road Oct 30 in Orlando, in what should be a great game. Orlando is predicted to be one of the top teams in the conference. However, last-years rookie of the year Mike Miller is out for a few weeks with a leg injury, and just last night Grant Hill re-injured the same ankle he had two operations on. Will still be a good game.

Marek
October 26th, 2001, 22:24
the raptors have apparently made a trade but nothing has been confirmed yet, i heard keon clarks name mentioned. i really hope we havent traded keon that would be a dumb move.

Marek
October 26th, 2001, 22:27
no worries, we got rid of skinner for some mclean guy which we are planning on releasing so we can sign carlos arroyo.

torontino
October 27th, 2001, 01:00
there. now all the jive about the raps needing another PG can be halted when we sign arroyo.

next stop ... orlando to pound on vince's judas scum cousin.

Barlinek
October 31st, 2001, 14:34
Man what a horrible performance on D and offence. Every shot was a long or crazy jumper. Its so frustrating watching this team sometimes. A. Davis must start to pick it up.

Got a big scare wit Carter going down as well. Turns out it was a bruise.

Marek
October 31st, 2001, 15:33
i missed the game thank god, but i had a feeling we were gonna lose cause it really sucks starting on the road aginst a good team like orlando we should be able to pull it off aginst the heat tonight but who knows, i just hope the raptors dont start the season poorly and considering we have a very tough schedul early on its very likely.

Barlinek
October 31st, 2001, 17:09
In November, we play 10 road games, and only 3 home games.

If we get slightly over .500 after November, we will be in good.

Marek
October 31st, 2001, 17:17
Hey Barlinek do u know if the raps game is on TV tonight cause the schedule says it will only be broadcast on TNT.

Barlinek
October 31st, 2001, 19:28
Ya as far as i know its only TNT, and TSN will not be getting the feed.

Gaetan
October 31st, 2001, 22:52
Well i'm so happy :happy: my Magic prevailed! :scream:

T-Mac is #1! :star:

Marek
November 1st, 2001, 17:04
Raptors lose again not exactly the start we were looking for but we did start the season 0-3 last year so i have a feeling we will bounce back, we host the mavericks tommorow night at the ACC which should be a good game and hopefully the raptrs will come to play. after that we play 2 more home games then we go off on a tought west coast road trip which could leave us in bad shape going into december.

Barlinek
November 1st, 2001, 18:11
They still look very out of sinc. Antonio is crap. He did well in last years playoffs, but overall not a great player.

We have the depth, now our coach better learn how to use it.

Marek
November 1st, 2001, 19:16
im just glad were going back home for the next 3, im always confident when we play at home as opposed to playing on the road where dont do as good.

Kiyan
November 1st, 2001, 19:51
I didn't know this game was gonna be shown on TSN. So I watched MJ's return instead!:doh:

It's alright, it's alright.

As Marek pointed out. We started the season 0-3 last year. I'm sure we'll bounce back!:)

Hey, anyone know if they'll be showing any games on Raptors TV?

Barlinek
November 1st, 2001, 20:04
No. No games on Raptors TV.

Maybe when their current contract runs out with CTV Sportsnet, and when enough people purchase the station on digital.

Kiyan
November 3rd, 2001, 17:36
On Raptors TV they showed a reply of the Raptors-Maverics game.

It just ended. This was the raptors i'm used to seeing! We played like the Real Madrid of basketball. Very attractive. Carter-Peterson was awesome! Olajuwon was very impressive! Hec everyone played brilliantly! Don't forget! Raptors-Pacers 5:30 Eastern tomrow on Sportsnet Ontario.:)

Marek
November 3rd, 2001, 20:10
well this was just one win so you cant draw any conclusions from this, Raps always perform good at home and give a good effort but when it comes down to facing some of the western opponents on the road next week then we will find out what the raptors are really made off cause i recall last year we did not fair so well on the road or against the west.

Barlinek
November 3rd, 2001, 22:26
It was good. Definitely the bright spot this year is Peterson. Much more confident.

Hopeful we can go 3-2 before the long west coast trip.

torontino
November 3rd, 2001, 23:17
great effort last night with a definite improvement on D. vince found his shot and mo pete was too much ! that youngster's the key. if peterson can be effective on a consistent basis, we're mint ! give 'em time, we'll be firing on all cylinders when it counts in the playoffs and that's all that matters.

GO RAPS GO !!!

Marek
November 3rd, 2001, 23:45
i hope Peterson can become our second go to man basically our next mcgrady. he has shown some flashes of brilliance last year and had a very good preseason and he is showing alot more confidence on the floor especially with the outside shot.

Barlinek
November 5th, 2001, 20:39
Its looking good. Let's hope we beat Golden State on Wednesday, so that we can be at least 3-2 going on the west coast for 6 games. If we can go about 3-3 or 4-2 from the west coast games, we'll be fine. November will be very tough.

SelecaoNacional
November 6th, 2001, 15:25
We should beat Golden State,A.Jamaison and Carter will put on a show,the two teamates at NC will show there stuff,Raptors should easly win.Go Raps.Hakeem the dream;)

Air Canada will finally shoot a great game and AD will represent in front of his moma and family.

JYD will pump the dinos to a win.

Alvin and the rest of the chickmunks will follow it up with lots of energy.:dazed:

DFD
November 8th, 2001, 12:17
Marek, Barlinek, are you my compatriots ? There is only one Hajto on this planet:D :D :D

BTW. How does the JYD perform for your team. We've been loving him in Detroit.:hangover:
CYA

Barlinek
November 8th, 2001, 14:26
Hello DFD,

Seems like we are your compatriots. :D

JYD is great. The fans and media love him. His minutes change pretty much nightly. One game he will play 25 min., while the next he may only see 5 min. of action.

A great guy to have on the team.

DFD
November 9th, 2001, 15:47
:) So... Nice to meet You :)

Yeah. Jerome has a huge heart for the game. I'd love to see him finally getting his 35mpg. He would probably surprise everyone with something like 11 points, 15 rebounds and 2 steals per game. But at Toronto he is playing even less than in Detroit:(

CYA

Barlinek
November 9th, 2001, 16:04
Ya, in Toronto there are many forwards. Keon is suspended for next game, so maybe JYD will get some more action.

SelecaoNacional
November 10th, 2001, 18:43
the big test is today to see if the raps can stop the music,the Jazz play great b-ball at home and they will test out T.O.

Carter better light it up and take a puff,and JYD and the fellas better represent.

Kiyan
November 11th, 2001, 12:41
Stop the music?:tongue:

We put them out of beat alright!

Carter was 14-of-32 from the floor and Peterson shot 10-of-12. The duo also fared well from the perimeter as Toronto tied a franchise record with 15 3-pointers. Carter was 8-of-14 from 3-point range and Peterson was 5-of-7.

cruised to 117-96 win

Marek
November 11th, 2001, 17:51
big win thats exactly what we needed starting off in the west, tonight we face the nuggets so we definetly should not waste the opportunity.

SelecaoNacional
November 11th, 2001, 20:21
The music stoped last night in Utah with hot 3point shooting by the shotgun dino's but tonight smoking up Isiah Rider and the Vanexel boys want to stop the raps winning ways,the bright spot is antonio mcdyse is still out and suspended Keon Deon Clark is back from his one game suspension and he likes to eat nuggets,who dosent i l ike chicken nuggets too and thats what the raps will do eat does nuggets,remmber folks keon is facing his old team and has a little something to prove to denvers coach and the dog,ooff ohf will be barking and backing him up.also Carter got game and MOooooooo Pete is playing great ball.

I give this one to the Raptors,a great game get your tickets now air canada is arriving in denver;)

Barlinek
November 12th, 2001, 15:07
Well, we lost. The key seems to be how Mo Pete plays. He only got 2 or 3 points last night. We need him in the teens every game. That will spread the floor.

SelecaoNacional
November 12th, 2001, 15:36
Mo pete looked like he ran out of gas and had no hops like the rest of the team,poor performance.

Lets get the next game,the dream has to get more touches.

Marek
November 12th, 2001, 20:51
very very bad this is a game we should of won denver did not play that well and we should of put them away early when we had the chance, now we go into sacramento which could mean bad news. olajuwon still has not gotten into a groove this season hesnot getting alot of touches and his shot looks flat but its still early and he will be a big asset in the playoffs.

SelecaoNacional
November 12th, 2001, 21:50
indeed the Dream is what will take us to the next step and so is air canada and he has to attck the basket more,Sacramento is wicked at home and if the baby dinos wanna steal a victory from the kings they better show up,its a crazy house out there and there crazy about C web and B-ball folks we got us a hard game and it will show where T.O is against the mighty West,and it is a wild wild west.;)

JYD representing:dazed:

Kiyan
November 12th, 2001, 23:53
I saw the last quarter. And it was just simply not the Toronto Raptors i'm used to seeing:( Bad performance. the contribution from players was very little.

Gaetan
November 13th, 2001, 00:19
and my Magic lost to the Lakers :(

Barlinek
November 13th, 2001, 15:38
They have been relying too much on the outside game lately. When that goes they seem to gorget about the dream and antonio down low. Gotta get back to fundamentals.

SelecaoNacional
November 13th, 2001, 16:25
sacramento tonight on TSN.

Marek
November 14th, 2001, 05:33
awful awful performance absolutly no defence they gave up alot of transition buckets and showed bearly any intensity, this game proved how important jerome williams is to this team and we will definetly miss him for the next 5 games. Olajuwon looked very poor he played alot of minutes and frankly he did not show that much, alot of turnovers his shot looked flat and he was not in sync on the floor at all. the only bright spot was keon clark just by watching this guy u can tell he has enormous amounts of potential he can run the floor block shots he has a very good first step and one on one he can explode on almost any guy in the league and he is almost 7 feet tall which makes his ability very deceptive.

Carson35
November 14th, 2001, 09:43
i must say olajuwon was terrible in the game..he kept turn the ball over and gave up offensive rebounds...he is 38 and i think it was a bad signing to get him...vince had a couple of spectacular dunks but that was it...he didn't do much...lenny wilkins even took him out in the halfway of the fourth quarter...

but the kings are the kings...without webber, they still kick ass...see how good bibby, christie, turkulu are??? stojakovic was a non-factor but the kings still won...divac is the best passer as a center in the NBA....he can pass!!!!

SelecaoNacional
November 14th, 2001, 15:39
another bad ass loss,bad defence,crapy ass play,will get us nowhere,time to get tight and smarten up before other east teams get way ahed of us,lucky miami and magic have not taken that much advantage

Kiyan
November 14th, 2001, 20:26
Damnnit!:depress: :mad:

That was a horrible game! The defence was absolute crap! Olajuwon has to be the worst signing of all-time! He was absolutely crap lsat night!:frustrat:

We actually mounted a huge comeback and cut it down to 6.

So why the hell didn't Lenny put Vince and Mo'Pete in?!?!:confused:

:(

Carson35
November 14th, 2001, 21:14
Originally posted by Kiyan
So why the hell didn't Lenny put Vince and Mo'Pete in?!?!:confused:

:(

i think it's because lenny wilkins knew that his team was going to lose..plus they'll have a game tonight against the warriors...so he rest the starters and hope they can win tonight's game...

Kiyan
November 14th, 2001, 21:44
How did he know we were gonna lose though?!?!:rolleyes:

We were only down by 6-7 at the time:mad:

PinkPanther
November 16th, 2001, 00:50
just berealy beat golden state i am worried what is wrong with the raps?

why is selecao nacional banned.

Oldsocfan
November 16th, 2001, 01:10
Originally posted by PinkPanther

why is selecao nacional banned.

Take off your mask and look into a mirror, you will find the answer you seek!

The admins on this site have already found you! ;)

Busted! :D

Carson35
November 17th, 2001, 01:58
Originally posted by PinkPanther
just berealy beat golden state i am worried what is wrong with the raps?

yeah...carter didn't really shoot that good...and mo pete was scoreless... :eek: the raptors don't have good road record...that's a concern...but give the warriors credit...they are not a bad team anymore... ;)

Kiyan
November 17th, 2001, 22:39
I think it's safe to say that Mo'Pete is back!:happy:

The Raptors and Clippers were tied after three quarters and then Morris Peterson and Chris Childs took over. Peterson scored 10 of his 20 points in the fourth period and Childs added eight of his 13 points as Toronto took a 94-85 victory in Los Angeles. The Raptors wrap up their road trip in Phoenix on Sunday.

Gaetan
November 18th, 2001, 23:30
Mo P is awesome baby :D

Barlinek
November 19th, 2001, 14:33
Very good win last night in Phoenix. Almost blew a big lead.

All in all a very good west coast road trip. We went 4-2, which is much better than i thought we would fare this early in the season.

So we are stiil finding our feet, but are 7-4. Not bad.

DFD
November 21st, 2001, 15:51
:) :) :) Nah ?
I don't see anybody celebrating;)

That was a GOOD win! 7-2 is the record now.

Unfortunately we have to face well rested and reinforced Sixers today:confused:

It is going to be VERY difficult game...

Marek
November 21st, 2001, 16:24
i dont know what the **** carter was thinking putting up that crazy shot in the last seconds.

Barlinek
November 21st, 2001, 16:40
Antonio 0-6.

Mo Pete 2-7

2 things wrong.

1. None of them can hit a shot.
2. Only 6 attempts for each?

Lenny, what is wrong with this?????!!!!!!

Man, Wilkins is pure **** as a coach.

Also Alvin is playing like crap.

DFD
November 22nd, 2001, 14:34
But I am very dissapointed with your comments. You are totaly criticizing YOUR players and YOUR team... And that's not fair :(
But first, It wasn't that bad game after all. The Raptors lost it by a minimal margin. I know it may be even worse, but you have to deal with it. At least sometimes, since you are supporters of a very good team.
Carter has hit ridiculous amount of this kind ill-positioned buzzerbeaters in his short career. He has won plenty of games just by himself. He has won the slam dunk contest for you, not to mention how crucially he has helped the Raptors in general...
And what you are calling him ? Almost the same with Lenny...
Alvin Williams was extremely difficult to contain by the Pistons undersized guards, and he was playing to benefit from that advantage. He was 3-3 from 3 point range for the 15 points ! The poor FG% is nothing unusuall for the Pistons opponents...

So calm down your nerves guys, and have this little piece of humility next time okay ?

CYA

Gaetan
November 22nd, 2001, 14:47
You guys need patience ;)

Marek
November 22nd, 2001, 16:21
Olajuwon did have a monster game on the boards i belive the guy had like 20 rebounds and 15 points recording his second straight double double not bad.

Barlinek
November 22nd, 2001, 16:46
Originally posted by Patrick
You guys need patience ;)

True, but i was never very high on Lenny Wilkins as a coach. He's not hard enough on players. he may have the most career wins by a coach, but i think he is alo closing in on most career losses.

A. Davis is finally proving his worth. And that there is not much of it. He is another guy I have never been high on. (I'll give credit to him in last years playoffs, but many players can step it up for a few games.

I don't know, maybe its because i don't get to see many live soccer games in Toronto, so the Raptors are what i follow and read about daily.

Its frustration. The only bright spots this year are Carter (Of course), a bit of Keon, and even less Childs. :cool: :depress:

Marek
November 23rd, 2001, 03:23
once agin another tough loss for the raptors and 2 games in a row carter putting up another wild shot in the last seconds. olajuwon,davis and peterson were non factors while our bench played great, jerome keon and chris all got double figures in points and they along with vince are the only reason we were able to make a run in the second half. overall bad performance but the raps showed some guts but bad shot selection screwed us up agin and especially that awful shot by vince late in the game.

DFD
November 23rd, 2001, 12:07
Well guys, I see that was just the sudden post-lose frustration, as your latest comments are making me proud of you :)
Despite another annoying Raptors lose. My Pistons also have fallen to the Sixers, as i expected, and we've lost stack additionally :( But the team played really great, and lost just in the wanning minutes, as the iverson scored 18 in the 4th... as usuall ;)

HAKEEM was ridiculos indeed !

Barlinek
November 23rd, 2001, 14:26
DFD, what happened to Stackhouse?

Something has to be done with the raps and soon. I don't think Hakeem can be used as a starter any longer.

Davis wreaks in his new position.

This is what i propose the new starting line-up should be:

G: Williams
SG: Carter
F: Mo Pete
PF: Keon
C: Davis.

This would hopefully improve Antonio's game to were it was last year. Keon has earned a starting spot. He is energy and shot-blocking. Now you have many options off the bench. JYD can come in for either of the forwards, Hakeem can get time at centre, and be fresh, while Antonio can move over to PF for the time that Hakeem is in the game.

DFD
November 23rd, 2001, 14:57
Well, that's an interesting idea, but what with the recent superb performances from Olajuwon ? Do you think he doesn't deserve the starting 5 center role ?

Stack got injured in the middle of Philly's game, but it isn't very serious. I hope ! Today - Atlanta at the Phillips Arena...

Barlinek
November 23rd, 2001, 15:23
I used to be a huge Pistons fan back in the day. (Even before their titles, so bandwagon is not me). Isiah was great. Vinny the microwave! Bill laimbeeeerrrrrrrrrr! :)

I think Hakeem has played just OK. I think he could be used much more effectively by playing about 24-26 minutes. That way he is always fresh. The talk up here is that he is still very much out of shape. Even if he starts, i think he should not be playing as much as he currently is.

One question is why does not Lenny revert back to a line-up which was so succesful in last years playoffs? I'm still not sold on Mo pete being a true starter (yet). He too may be better served coming off the bench.

Marek
November 23rd, 2001, 17:33
im really starting to regret the fact that we picked up olajuwon and now that we have him we cant just put him on the bench cuase i doubt hakeem would really go along with that. without hakeem we would have more minutes for guys like keon and JYD.

Barlinek
November 23rd, 2001, 18:48
Hakeem is a good signing, BUT maybe not a starter. He should get 20-25 solid minutes per game, and if he is on that day, even longer.

Marek
November 23rd, 2001, 20:12
more minutes for clark is all im sayin, this guy is better then olajuwon at this point and even hakeem him self said that keon is the best player that he has ever faced one on one.

Marek
November 24th, 2001, 03:02
raptors played poorly once gain but just like in the previous game they showed some guts and put up a great second half agints the celtics coming back from a 13 point deficit and the bench came up big again including keon clark who played 19 minutes scoring 19 points 9 rebounds and a couple of blocks, olajuwon was a non factor once again, antonio looked better scoring 16 while mo pete struggled and still showing his inconsistency.

Gaetan
November 24th, 2001, 19:20
Originally posted by Barlinek
Hakeem is a good signing, BUT maybe not a starter. He should get 20-25 solid minutes per game, and if he is on that day, even longer.

You guys should do what Orlando is doing with Patrick Ewing. :)

DFD
November 25th, 2001, 11:59
Originally posted by Marek
raptors played poorly once gain but just like in the previous game they showed some guts and put up a great second half agints the celtics coming back from a 13 point deficit and the bench came up big again including keon clark who played 19 minutes scoring 19 points 9 rebounds and a couple of blocks, olajuwon was a non factor once again, antonio looked better scoring 16 while mo pete struggled and still showing his inconsistency.

Hmmmm. VERY IMPRESSIVE indeed !

Is he really so good ? I mean, I know he is very effective. He has been very productive even before (at Denver). But isn't he a bit too thin to play center in the NBA ? Or maybe would you prefer to put him at PF with Antonio going back to C ?

Kiyan
November 25th, 2001, 22:03
Great performance. REVENGE!:fero:

Raptors Win Grudge Match
The Raptors haven't forgotten about their Game 7 loss to Philadelphia in last year's playoffs. And that's a good thing. Vince Carter scored 18 of his 30 points in the second half as an inspired Toronto club routed the Sixers 107-88 Sunday at Air Canada Centre. Dell Curry scored 18 points and Keon Clark added 12 as Toronto ended the Sixers' seven-game winning streak.

Marek
November 26th, 2001, 02:07
Originally posted by DFD

Hmmmm. VERY IMPRESSIVE indeed !

Is he really so good ? I mean, I know he is very effective. He has been very productive even before (at Denver). But isn't he a bit too thin to play center in the NBA ? Or maybe would you prefer to put him at PF with Antonio going back to C ?

keon is very deceptive just by looking at the guy u wouldnt think much of him but at 7 feet tall he is very athlethic the guy can leap almost better than carter and his arms are so long that he is capable of extending and making some very difficult shots even one of the commentators form TBS reffered to him as inspector gadget arms. keon is arguably one of the most athletic 7 footers in the nba with the excpetion of garnett and possibly nowitzki, he still need s to polish up his skills and perfect his jump shot and then he will be scary.

DFD
November 26th, 2001, 12:29
I agree, but I would still put him on PF.
Clark is even more athletic than Nowitzki.

Barlinek
November 29th, 2001, 17:37
Well, we play the ex-Vancouver team, The Memphis Grizlies:tongue: :o

Early start to make room for hockey after the b-ball game on Sportsnet.

If we win tonight we will be 10-6. Pretty good considering we have been kind of struggling at times, and have spent most of November on the road.

Marek
November 29th, 2001, 18:28
our starters are struggling, mo pete, A.D. and hakeem but this is exactly the type of game they need the get there confidence up.

Carson35
November 30th, 2001, 06:30
Originally posted by DFD
I agree, but I would still put him on PF.
Clark is even more athletic than Nowitzki.

:eek: clark is just a role player...but nowitzki is a franchise player...he can play as a SF, PF, or C...he can dribble the ball like a PG...he is like Odom but even better than Odom because of his size...and shooting...

Marek
November 30th, 2001, 07:08
no doubt that nowitzki is way better than clark theres no denying that. keon still is not a fully developed player, i dont think he has fully tapped into his potential, right know hes a great role player who comes off the bench for the raptors but only the future will tell if he can become more than that.

DFD
November 30th, 2001, 09:15
Originally posted by Carson35

:eek: clark is just a role player...but nowitzki is a franchise player...he can play as a SF, PF, or C...he can dribble the ball like a PG...he is like Odom but even better than Odom because of his size...and shooting...

Of course Clark isn't and he will never be any close to Nowitzki's game, just because of his totally inadequate shooting abillity. I have only said that he is MORE ATHLETIC, because he is indeed one of the league's most jumpy and speedy 7 footer. Definitely more than the Dirk is. :)

Carson35
November 30th, 2001, 09:36
well but i still don't think he is more athetic than dirk.. :D but he is a pretty good player and a good shot blocker...

DFD
November 30th, 2001, 10:02
Oh Cars Cars... You ar white, I am white, Dirk is white, Clark is black. :D We even can't compare our athletic abillities to theirs. But I ain't blame the God for :) :) :) We do play better soccer :D

Barlinek
November 30th, 2001, 15:46
Here is some Keon news from the local paper:

Born on the same date as Kareem Abdul-Jabbar, soon Keon Clark may be looking like him.

The big centre wearing the big goggles.

It all started a week or so ago when a shipment of Clark's belongings finally arrived from Denver. Stuff he hadn't bothered with since being traded to the Raptors from the Nuggets last January.

He opened the packages and found things he'd all but forgotten about. In one were a pair of glasses he used to wear on occasion.

So he tried them on, and suddenly the world and the basketball court looked different to him. The images were sharper. "I could see the rim a whole lot better," Clark said. "I figured I've got to try this."

And hence prescription goggles were ordered and any day now the new, improved Keon Clark should be arriving in a Raptors uniform. Not that there was anything wrong with the old, blurry-eyed version.

The old Clark has been doing just fine, thank you. In fact, on the fan meter, he's something of a rising star. Part of the deepest bench in basketball.

Last year was the Junk Yard Dog's turn at becoming a local legend. But right now with quick feet and long arms and a name built for this city, Keon Clark, 26, is the new flavour of the month.

Even if his first name isn't really Keon.

It's Arian.

Keon is his middle name. He'd rather not talk about his given name. He likes the name Keon. He likes the hockey connotation of it for this hockey town. "I would have been a hockey player," he said, "but they didn't have skates big enough for me. So I just put on these hightops." Shoes about the size of some downtown condominiums.

But that's not what he's about. Not the glasses. Not the shoes. Not the name. Keon Clark, after changing schools about as often as some people change shoes, after being caught in a scandal in college, after being considered a wash-out in Denver, after being looked upon as a talent who wouldn't work for it, is about growing up.

After all the turmoil that has been his life, his maturity is on the way to matching his mammoth size. "Once he started to realize he had to work for it, he got better and better," Raptors coach Lenny Wilkens said. "Sometimes these things take time."

They take time with everyone. They've taken a little longer with the unpredictable Clark. There has been too much history of difficulty for people not to look at him play and say, "Yeah, but."

He's remarkably quick ... but. He's skilled ... but. He's athletic ... but.

The "buts" are slowly disappearing. Clark is fitting in with the Raptors, he's comfortable in Toronto, and he's understanding his place in the market and with this evolving team.

"I've had a sense of belonging since I got here," Clark said. "I've settled in, enjoyed the city. It agrees with me. I love the diversity. I love what this city is all about."

When asked where he goes in the city, Clark smiled and said, "I'm an away-from-people guy. I don't want to be in the spotlight. You can't go into a grocery story without being noticed. It's hard. I was shopping and this guy was following me around. I'm getting a couple slices of bacon, a little ham, some eggs, and I'm being followed. I want to be normal sometimes. But I am 7-foot tall and I do play for the Raptors."

When told that Isiah Thomas used to go out in Toronto wearing disguises, Clark just smiled. "That's Isiah," he said. "He's about your height. It's hard to disguise me."

Even though his look on the court is about to change.

He will experiment with the goggles, see what they feel like, see if they make his game better.

A game he's just beginning to develop.

"It's not a sprint, it's a marathon," Clark said of his career, absolutely content to come off the bench and spell the ancient Hakeem Olajuwon. "I know how good I can be. I know I'm just at the beginning. If I could put a percentage on it, I'm about 60% of what I can be. I'm only going to get better and better."

Here, in a place he wants to be. Grocery stores aside. This isn't the Denver Nuggets anymore. This isn't a team that will remove him from the game every time he makes a mistake and will fine him for leaving the team to attend the birth of his son.

"I don't have to look over my shoulder anymore," said Clark, with or without his glasses. "I'm home."

Carson35
December 1st, 2001, 13:56
Originally posted by DFD
Oh Cars Cars... You ar white, I am white, Dirk is white, Clark is black. :D We even can't compare our athletic abillities to theirs. But I ain't blame the God for :) :) :) We do play better soccer :D

oh no...i m not white..i m chinese... :D:D:D u have forgotten it?? :rolleyes:;)

Kiyan
December 1st, 2001, 17:21
Raptors @ Hawks today!
2:00 Eastern on Raptors TV!

Don't miss it!:)

Oporto
December 1st, 2001, 23:10
Hakeem the dream saved the dinos today in that last foul with 2 free throws and then his last 1.8 sec basket,so the raps get the W and the Hawks just suck and get the L,with Abdur-Rahim,kukoc,Ratlif, etc.. why do they still lose

Kiyan
December 1st, 2001, 23:24
Welcome to the boards Oport:)

For some reason, when that Raptors ball was about to get inbounded. THe TV screwed up, by the time I fixed it, I saw the Raptors celebrating so I missed the last shot. But still very happy! We play great b-ball when moving it around. And Del Curry is so lethal from 3's. Our starting 5 rocks!:proud:

Marek
December 2nd, 2001, 00:33
wild game, but good teams pulls these type of games out and the raptors did just that.

Oporto
December 2nd, 2001, 17:54
Lets keep the W(wins) comming....the bucks look good in the east and if we want to challenge them we will have to hunt them down...and hit the west 2;)

dwidhade
December 2nd, 2001, 17:56
Did u guys saw Hakeem last minute shot??
he is still great !!!!!!

ANother W great win

dwidhade
December 2nd, 2001, 17:56
Did u guys saw Hakeem last minute shot??
he is still great !!!!!!

ANother W great win

Oporto
December 2nd, 2001, 17:59
He is still the DREAM,still got some old nasty stuff left,and the dinos will benifit from all his experience come playoff time,the ball will be going in the post to him more and more as the season goes on,also Carter has to take it to the hole more often and not just rely on his outside shooting,look at Kobe and Macgrady they drive to the basket like crazy.

Oporto
December 2nd, 2001, 22:14
the Celts took it to us today,the raps were sluggish:(

Barlinek
December 3rd, 2001, 18:55
We tend to struggle against quick perimiter teams. Our defenders are usually not up to par. Vince still can't gurd many people, and Mo Pete is still learning.

Oporto
December 7th, 2001, 17:33
The Bucks hunted and killed us last night the raptor was the prey not the mighty BUCK,what are we lost this year even without Davids is no excuse to lose,playoffs will be tough and dont beleive the HYPE....:o

We need lots of improvment if the dinos are going to roar in the NBA,right now it looks like WNBA to me....

Barlinek
December 7th, 2001, 18:13
Originally posted by Oporto
The Bucks hunted and killed us last night the raptor was the prey not the mighty BUCK,what are we lost this year even without Davids is no excuse to lose,playoffs will be tough and dont beleive the HYPE....:o

We need lots of improvment if the dinos are going to roar in the NBA,right now it looks like WNBA to me....

Last year we were one of the best rebounding teams. Not so this year. The Bucks got so many offensive rebounds. I think we may be missing a dirty type of rebounder. Hmmmm, maybe someone like Oakley would fit in. There is no leadership, or defence.

This has to happen:

Take out Hakeem from a starters role. Put Antonio where he is clearly more comfortable (centre). Bring in Keon to start at PF.
Man Hakeem seems to be playing in slow-motion.

Marek
December 7th, 2001, 18:24
at least keon looked good in the starters role 18 points 9 boards and 4 blocks, hes probably gonna start aginst the nuggets tonight.

Kiyan
December 7th, 2001, 18:49
I don't see what you are mumbling about Barlinek. This starting 5 is better than last years, it's why we are favs to win the Eastern Confrence. Actaully, Davis is really a PF, not a centre. And with Hakkeem now it we have way more rebounds. He alone has so many. With thi dirty rebounder thing, I wish JYD wasn't injured so much, and he played alot more. In my eyes he's like Dennis Rodman, except not so freaky looking. Keon-JYD-Curry-Murray-Childs should all keep rotating fast subs. Who's that other point guard too? The one that's been replacing Childs, he's good:)

Barlinek
December 7th, 2001, 19:40
Originally posted by Kiyan
I don't see what you are mumbling about Barlinek. This starting 5 is better than last years, it's why we are favs to win the Eastern Confrence. Actaully, Davis is really a PF, not a centre. And with Hakkeem now it we have way more rebounds. He alone has so many. With thi dirty rebounder thing, I wish JYD wasn't injured so much, and he played alot more. In my eyes he's like Dennis Rodman, except not so freaky looking. Keon-JYD-Curry-Murray-Childs should all keep rotating fast subs. Who's that other point guard too? The one that's been replacing Childs, he's good:)

How is this years starting 5 better? Maybe in pre-season talk, or on paper, but not so where it counts. On the court.

I would say Last years Antonio is a better centre than Hakeem is now. People talk that Antonio is a beter PF. Its simply not the case. He was a 6th man PF in Indiana, and for the past 3 seasons a very good centre. His body type is for PF, but centre is where he now feels more comfortable.

And, now you have Antonio playing where he has not played for a number of years, and therefore the Raps are suffering at the PF position as well.

Kiyan
December 8th, 2001, 12:59
Well maybe, i've seen numerous times in games where AD has switched with Olajuwon and played center.

Vince Saves the Day
Vince Carter was spectacular in leading the Raptors to a thrilling 98-96 overtime win over the Nuggets on Friday. With clutch play at the end of regulation, and again in overtime, he willed Toronto to a victory that ended a two-game slide.

What a 2nd half! I went nuts when Carter scored the 3!!!!!

Marek
December 8th, 2001, 17:28
that game was wild.

Gaetan
December 9th, 2001, 23:11
Pheonix Suns 91
Toronto Raptors 90

Well you guys had the game won but got a little lazy and let Penny Hardaway have the easy putback. :eek:

Marek
December 10th, 2001, 04:02
another wild game, carter clutch once again but hardaway gets the buzzer beater.

Barlinek
December 10th, 2001, 17:44
Pathetic if you ask me.

How does a team get an OPEN lay-up when inbounding with only 3 seconds left?

My highschool team could have at least put a body on Hardaway.

Oporto
December 11th, 2001, 16:16
It is now going to be a real long long season and the dream has to pick up the speed and the plays,because we just dont look good on the court we are beating easy teams by a basket instead of killing them,its dont beleive the hype....

Penny was not even touched ,3sec mistake.........

No words can describe their paly but garbage,Dinos need changes:o

Barlinek
December 12th, 2001, 14:25
A lot has to do with having a relaiable second scorer. We don't have it. Peterson is too inconsistant.

Gaetan
December 13th, 2001, 01:48
Although I am not a Raptors fan and I agree that Morris Petterson should be more consistent but when he's hot, he's hot. I think you guys should go after Latrell Sprewell before the trading deadline, things might work out, you know. :)

Oporto
December 13th, 2001, 20:06
another loss and air Canada with a bad ankle what a bad start to the season:depress:

Marek
December 13th, 2001, 20:51
Originally posted by Patrick
Although I am not a Raptors fan and I agree that Morris Petterson should be more consistent but when he's hot, he's hot. I think you guys should go after Latrell Sprewell before the trading deadline, things might work out, you know. :)

whats the deal with spree, is he not happy in the big apple.

Oporto
December 14th, 2001, 21:59
after Vangundy quit i think nobody is happy there alot of pressure and an average team,i would like to see a trade in the works with the dinos and knickerbokers....

Gaetan
December 15th, 2001, 00:41
Spree & the crew back in New York City is a very troubled organization the Knickerbockers have right now, full of potential but are to lazy to use it. Allan Houston has a huge contract so they cannot get rid of him. Sprewell would fit with the Raptors, he's hungry for a ring from what I have seen this season. :)

Barlinek
December 17th, 2001, 14:46
We just stink!

Not sure whats wrong.

Oporto
December 18th, 2001, 00:09
the whole team is the problem and so is Hakeem:( :mad:

changes need to be made for raps:rolleyes:

KING_11
December 18th, 2001, 00:10
Toronto stinks ;)

tooltime
December 18th, 2001, 03:11
The Wizards were all over the Raptors. Hakeem is overrated, he's not playing well, he was starting to be include in the offense. We need him to score about 10-15 points/game

Barlinek
December 18th, 2001, 15:14
Like i said many times, Hakeem should come off the bench to replace Davis at centre. davis should start at centre, and Clark move to starting PF.

Marek
December 18th, 2001, 18:16
Like i said many times, Hakeem should come off the bench to replace Davis at centre. davis should start at centre, and Clark move to starting PF.

actually the last thing i want is an old olajuwon coming off the bench.the bench should be made up off players that bring energy into the game and thats the last thing hakeem brings. i dont think it really matters who starts whats important is who finishes.

DFD
December 20th, 2001, 11:30
That's where finished the Antonio DREAM about playing next to HAKEEM ;)
I agree with all Keon Clark supporters. Although he doesn't looks like he can, he really deliver the ball.
But also Marek has the point, that Olajuwon of the bench may not be the idea.
But... why not try at least ? A good coach would do sth positive with Hakeem, even if he is not a dino only in Raptors jersey :)

Oporto
December 20th, 2001, 16:18
The team beat Indiana last night and Hakeem the dream did not dress;) a much deserved W to get the dino's spirits up:eek:

Indiana was unfortunate at the end the reff's made some bad calls,but T.O deserved the win...

Lets Go Raptors and lets make a run like the wizzards 7 win streak:dazed:

Kiyan
December 20th, 2001, 17:50
That was a close game the whole time. Except for the last 2 minutes, where we somehow pulled away by 12 points:eek: Many thanks Isiah Thomas, and Reggie Millers last second pointless foull..

The Raptors got a balanced scoring attack in Wednesday's 102-90 comeback win over the Pacers on Wednesday to end a four-game skid. Morris Peterson tied his career high with 29 points while Alvin Williams scored a career-best 24 points. But there is no resting as Toronto returns home to face the Bulls tonight.

Marek
December 20th, 2001, 18:00
hopefully that players only meeting did some good, im not expecting the raptors to win all the time but as long as they try hard and hustle everynight than everything else will fall into place.

Kiyan
December 20th, 2001, 19:25
I'm starting to think it's cuz of Olajuwon that we lost 4 straight, and when he sits, we win again:o

DFD
December 21st, 2001, 07:51
Well. His stats aren't so bad after all. But Hakeem is extremely afraid of hard fight since couple years. He just tends to escape or get off of the way when someone is going straight at him.
He should be used as an secret offensive weapon off the bench i think.

BTW> Congrats 4000 Kiyan :)

Kiyan
December 21st, 2001, 14:53
Thanx DFD~!:)

Hakeem sat against last night, and we struggled agaisnt the Bulls, but in the end came through thanx to a Charles Oakley foul on Vince which woke up the Raptors.

Like many times in his career with the Raptors, Charles Oakley made the big play of the game. In Toronto's 96-91 win on Thursday over his Bulls, Oakley made a big play that once again changed the game in the Raptors favour. His hard foul on Vince Carter in the fourth propelled Toronto to the comeback victory.

Marek
December 21st, 2001, 18:09
can u believ we were actualy down 17 in the 1st quarter, thank goodness that we woke up. carter really got it going and i really like what i saw from him, oakley fouled him hard and was tossed so carter did not shy away and he took it even harder to the hole from then on, no more quick jumpers he just took it straight to the bucket and thats waht he needs to do alot more.

Oporto
December 21st, 2001, 20:07
The Dinos should not need Oakley to wake them up,what is wrong this year 2 wins in a row one just barely against a bottom feeder,what is going on ?we need changes I dont like what i am seeing and Hakeem sitting and us winning makes you think?

Lets hope we turn the season around and Carter takes it to the paint.....yah the hole babby....screw all the jump shots it's all good and he has the 3 so does abbby Dell he can lay the 3 ball 2 but Carter has to attcka nd lead by example like kobe he also attacks alot and does jump shots..

I wanna see more inside moves and less outside for sucsess,Lenny better fire them up or he will be fired:eek: :dazed:

lets go raps...

Kiyan
December 24th, 2001, 21:47
We won our 3rd straight without the Dream. Beating the struggling Heat!:cool: I think Hakeem has been screwing us up!:(

Raptors Win, But Thoughts With Assistant Coach

TORONTO, Dec. 23 (Ticker) -- Vince Carter scored 27 points to lead five players in double figures as the Toronto Raptors won their third straight game following a season-high four-game skid, an emotional 83-76 victory over the lowly Miami Heat.

Kiyan
December 26th, 2001, 13:47
We lost at Madison Square Garden last night. I watched it. It was horrible:sigh: Although every time Carter touched the ball, the crowd was in aw.

Knicks Nix Raptors' Christmas Wish
The Knicks jumped to a 15-point lead on 54 percent shooting in the first quarter and the Raptors never fully recovered, losing 102-94 Tuesday in New York. Morris Peterson led Toronto with 22 points, Alvin Williams scored 18 and Antonio Davis grabbed 11 boards. Vince Carter scored 15, but was held to two in the first half.

Marek
December 26th, 2001, 18:10
well i didnt see the game thank god. theres not much to say except we are very inconsistent and im starting to get real frustrated.

DFD
December 27th, 2001, 14:49
To make You feel better while loosing some games... The Pistons have just completed the West trip... 0-5 is the record :confused: :D But that's the NBA. Be supportive :) Cheers !

Barlinek
December 27th, 2001, 14:50
Still here:cool:

Just getting very frustrated with the team. I plan to stay in with a nice beer and watch a rap's game, and turn the flippin channel after a quarter. Its constant frustration with this team. I have lost much confidence in them.

Part of our problems was Hakeem. Although since his absence, we did manage to beat Chicago and Miami:rolleyes:, and just barely beating Chicago:confused:

I think i know what the problem is;) . We need someone like peterson, but who gets it done every game, and does not go 0-6 every third game. A nice smooth shooting SG and we are set.

Oporto
December 27th, 2001, 19:26
Hakeem looks like a mistake but is hurt so we might see changes and Lenny might be one i hope,our coach sucks and we play slow ass basketball and also looks like Carter is chilling on his fat contract with alvin and Davids,I hope we get a point guard because with childs hurt and the poerto rican as our next option we are dead,we basically suck and the West will eat us alive,the dinos need a point gaurd a coach and a trade for them to wake up and start beleiving the hype about them said at the begining of the year.

Marek
December 27th, 2001, 20:16
hakeem is injured, i cant say that im all that upset im glad that montross gonna get some playing time and if he can play like a big man then he can be effective for us.

Barlinek
December 27th, 2001, 21:04
We don't need a point guard. The game has changed. When is the last time a team with a true great PG won a championship?

Isiah era.

The Bulls, Rockets, Lakers, all didn't have very good PG's.

We NEED!!!!!!!!!!! a second scorer. Peterson is not a starter. He is a good #6 or 7. He has average offence/defence. If we are contenders, we need a solid man for about 15 points per night. Not 0 one night and 20 the next.

Here is the deal:

Antonio is over-hyped/priced.
Alvin is neither a shooting guard or a true PG.
We have no true centre.
Peterson is not a starter on many teams, yet is on ours, who are potentially a title contender
:confused: ?

Lenny Wilkins is ****.

Sure he has the most wins, but also almost the most losses as a coach.

However, if we get a true second scorer, all is forgotten.

But what the hell do we do with hakeems 4 year contract?:eek:

Marek
December 27th, 2001, 22:20
we cant afford a second scorer at this moment our payroll is to high as it is, we need someone to step up on a consistent basis and the only guy doing that so far has been vince. davis ha snot looked comftorable all year but at least hes still rebounding, olajuwon has looked more like a rookie than a veteran at times, hes still good with his feet but thas about it his shot is struggling and he looks lost out on the floor its really hard to imagine that he was once one of the most dominant players in this league. peterson is way to inconsistent, i think he realies to much on his jumpshot i would like to see him try to penetrate a little more, look for him to be on the bench during the playoffs. the only guy on this team that i see as a second scorer would probably be alvin williwams, i think hes capable of averaging 14 or 15 points a game and i would like to see him look to score more often.

Oporto
December 28th, 2001, 17:08
Van Exel wants out of Denver so a point guard is what we need because he is also a shooter and a scorer what TO lacks,to help Vince,also Spreewel out of New York for like Mo Peterson & Montorss or what ever we need changes and a new coach 2..

Too bad we did not let Davis go and chase Elton Brand,we also can dip into golden state for a deal involving Jaimason to partner with Carter like in NC days,I think Antowan is a free agent soon?

I just hope we get someone like Alan Huston,Latrel sprewel,van exel guys that wanna win and play..

Raps need a trade;)

tooltime
December 29th, 2001, 03:17
Van exel isn't in the toronto team concept, Sree, nah Mo's going to be awesome. Davis will bring it up, all the guys Oporto referred to are Expensive. They could get and team player, who wants to win for cheap like, Aaron mckie or DAn Majerle

Marek
December 29th, 2001, 06:17
woohoo we beat the shaqless lakers and we did it without vince for all of the 4th quarter, i cant say i that i didnt have my doubts but we pulled it off, alvin williams was clutch as always 17 points 10 boards 8 assists, hitting a big jumper in the last minute and sinking 2 big free throws in the dying seconds. i still think alvin can be that second scorer, he has all the ability as well he is a big game player which he already proved in the playoffs, he doesent get rattled and after vince he is the guy that you want taking the shot in the final seconds, peterson wasent even on the floor for the last 5 minutes, he had a nother dissapointing night. keon clark did a great job as a starter i belive he had something like 15 points and 15 rebounds, also jerome williams played very well defending kobe and giving us his usual hustle and intensity. lets hope vince is well for the seattle game tommorow and hopefully chris childs will be back soon as he is a big part of our team, as for olajuwon im not that dissapointedthat hes out.

Kiyan
December 29th, 2001, 15:24
I don't think any changes are necessary IMO:)

Great win over the Lakers, the guys showed the could step up without Vince:proud::star::strong:

Get well soon Vince!:hopefull:

Marek
December 29th, 2001, 17:34
there might a minor change or two but nothing big for sure, our payroll is too high at the moment to be going after spreweel or van exel, and the last thing we need is a new point guard we already got williams and childs so if grunwald is thinking about making a trade i doubt it will be for another PG.

Oporto
December 30th, 2001, 15:07
We need a shooter and a Sprewel is the man,also a PG is needed Child is always hurt and Alvin if he dosent step it up will be the back up soon to like i said before a guy who wants out of Denver called Nick Vanexel Dangerous:eek: so dangerous and can light it up and Vince can take a puff and be back again and healthy:rolleyes:

Oporto
January 3rd, 2002, 18:01
Childs back in the line up in Portland and great win for the Raps lets keep it going,we have a winning record without Hakeem the no good Dream:o

We need to step it up the Nets and Celtics look for real,T.O needs more Vince and team to =wins...

Barlinek
January 4th, 2002, 17:45
Just when things seem on the up, we lose Peterson for an undetermined period of time. Bad enough that he was our second scorer. No we have noone to step up after Vince.

I was so excited prior to this season. But now i can't even watch them on TV. The city doesn't seem to care either.

The stupid U-17 Hockey Championships get more press time than our B-Ball team.

Marek
January 4th, 2002, 19:22
i dont think petersons absence will hurt us that much, were a fairly deep team and it has shown with the absence of olajuwon and childs. i hope wilkins goes with the same linup from the playoffs while mo pete is out.

Oporto
January 4th, 2002, 22:54
I wanna see changes and the coach is one of them,Lenny also Hakeem is a great bench player not a starter and Mo Pete ah too bad but he aint that consistant,i rather see us pull an Alan Huston or Latrel Sprewl deal with some raps and knicks changing gear...:dazed: :rolleyes:

Marek
January 5th, 2002, 01:20
I wanna see changes and the coach is one of them,Lenny also Hakeem is a great bench player not a starter and Mo Pete ah too bad but he aint that consistant,i rather see us pull an Alan Huston or Latrel Sprewl deal with some raps and knicks changing gear...:dazed: :rolleyes:

lets just relax, changes are not neccesary at this moment and its not like we can afford houston with his fat salary. Olajuwon is not a type of player you want coming off the bench, he needs to get his leges going early and the last thing we need is an old slow man coming off the bench when the whole point is for guys to bring energy.

Oporto
January 5th, 2002, 04:49
Well we just beat the Clevland Cavaliers at the air canada center,we all get free pizza piza:D well maybe not you,but it was a good game Carter did his thing and a win without Mo Pete is great for the team morale,others steped it up Tracy Murray etc..

Lets keep the wins comming,Hakeem not playing=wins:confused: :rolleyes: ;)

I agree changes not now but after all-star break:D :D

Marek
January 5th, 2002, 04:55
hakeem out of the lineup has not and will not hurt us, we just do not need the guy, we should of probably just kept that money that were wasting on hakeem and extended chris child's contract.

Oporto
January 5th, 2002, 16:39
there was doubters about if Hakeem the no good dream could still play and right now it looks like they were right,when he plays we lose and he slows the team down and when he is hurt and dosent play we win,lets hope it wasent a waste of money$ and come playoff time he is a big part of the Dinos,also he is a Micheal Stewart right now Yogi and the Dream are wasted money:depress:

But the Raps look like they are getting better and there confidence is up....

Abdul
January 6th, 2002, 01:45
One question, has Antonio Davis been playing F or C

Abdul
January 6th, 2002, 01:46
Has Davis been playingas foward or centre

Oporto
January 6th, 2002, 17:29
The SHOW is today..........

the greatest show on earth?;)

Oporto
January 7th, 2002, 00:59
109-89 loss again dont beleive the hype........

the raps were lost kobe netted 31 and the crowd shut up after that,Rick Fox toronto native got a bit of an aplause but the raps disapointed the fans,just a bad game and changes are needed.

KING_11
January 7th, 2002, 01:24
Rick Fox couldn't care less for Canada, and it's Raps...

Marek
January 7th, 2002, 01:58
Originally posted by KING_11
Rick Fox couldn't care less for Canada, and it's Raps...

thats for sure.

Oporto
January 8th, 2002, 22:00
Like Rick Fox is anything close to what Nash is in Basketball in Canada,I think Todd Macaulogh has more fans then Rick Fox,the point is he is another Canadian in the NBA and in TO if your canadian playing in the NBA even if it's againt the Raptors you will get some cheers.......

As for the Raptors?:rolleyes: WE NEED FUC;ING CHANGES!!!:eekani:fast.....

thank god the puerto rico no good for IBL point guard was waived,we need Van EXEL,not a WNBA guard.....

Marek
January 9th, 2002, 03:40
we lost to the grizzlies. this is starting to get real bad, the raptors can talk all they want have all the meetings they want but its not doing us any good, we are not agressive enough we are complete **** at getting to the free throw line, we get outscored in the paint by almost evry team and we rely on the jumpshot way to often, how the hell does anybody get outscored in the paint by the grizzlies, this is completely unbelivable, what are the raptors even talking about during there time outs and in the locker room when they keep on playing the same way game in a game out.

Barlinek
January 9th, 2002, 14:47
it really has come to the point where my interst in the team is waning. They are pathetic. Vince keeps throwing up jumpers with 20 seconds left on the shot clock. WHY?!

There is absolutely no inside presence. I think Oakly meant more to the team than we realised last year.

Lenny Wilkins is pure ****. I said it last year, and i'm saying it now. He shows absolutely no emotion, it it spills into the team.

I don't know what the solution is. I think Alvin would make a better SG, with Vince taking the #3 (but still do what he does). Maybe we need a floor general. Alvin is a good player, but not a general.

Since Arrayo has been waived, does that mean we are looking at getting another guard? As it stands we only have childs and Alvin. And childs has been injury prone this year.

Man if this keeps happening, we may even miss the playoffs!:eek:

Marek
January 9th, 2002, 18:15
we need to start getting to the free throw line, we are somwhere at the bottom of the league in that department, carter needs to stop relying on the jumpshot and start taking it hard and davis needs to do the same thing even more so, the guy is freakin PF and yet hes not showing it.

Marek
January 10th, 2002, 04:44
well we beat the bulls, in a game where we would of lost if this was just about any other team, once gain were making the same mistakes, like relying on the jumpshot not taking it inside, relaxing and letting the bulls back into the game when we should be pounding them by at least 20 points, the only good thing we can take from the game is the W and that about it.

Oporto
January 11th, 2002, 00:16
Vince needs to take it to the whole and stop all these freaking jump shots and the team will follow him,also like i also been saying FIRE Lenny Wilkens and also chase Nick VanExel for PG:eekani:

ciao

Barlinek
January 11th, 2002, 16:02
they were talking about firing Wilkins in the Sun the other day. But the main problem is who are we going to get. Van Gundy would take us to the finals, but probably would not coach this year, and still has 2 years left on his knicks contract, which would make it hard for any other team to sign him.

Oh as a side note, Wilkins is the 3rd losingest coach in the history on the league.

Marek
January 11th, 2002, 16:38
i would definetly love to have a more emotional coach someone that would get the players fired up someon like a george karl or a jerry sloan would be great, but theres no point of just firng wilkins unless we can get an already established nba coach not just some nobody from within the organization.

Oporto
January 11th, 2002, 19:30
I agree if we fire Wilkens we need a great coach like Vangundy,Karl or Rielly

why not Pat Rielly Miami is making him go crazy.:rolleyes:

Barlinek
January 11th, 2002, 20:17
Riley would be perfect.

Is there anybody in the organization that is actually speaking up and telling Vince to stop launching the jumpers from every part of the floor. Especially the stupid fall-aways from 20 feet?:confused:

Every game its the same old story. We need a coach that will yell at Carter to pull up his socks, and not give him a pat on the ass for 'a fine effort'.

Marek
January 11th, 2002, 21:00
when ever i watch a raptors game, leo rautins repeatedly says the same thing dont rely on the jumpshot put it on the floor and take it strongto the basket and if carter can do that the rest of the team will follow. is that really so difficult for carter and the rest of the team to understand, maybe rautins should be our coach cause hes the only that emphasizes it on constant bases or maybe wilkins is telling this to them but its just not getting through.

Barlinek
January 11th, 2002, 21:47
If wilkins is not telling them than he is not doing his job. If he is telling them, but they are not listening, he is not being effective. Either way, he is doing something wrong.

Oporto
January 12th, 2002, 16:30
Alvin Williams scores career high 28 to beat are you ready for this the Atlanta Hawks in Overtime(we need overtime to beat the Hawks:depress: I cant even watch a full game now we stink and so does our coach,Lenny has to GO:mad:

Carter has to be more aggressive,we cant even dominate the East never mind challenge the West:rolleyes:

Hakeem sucks that is all for now.....:depress:

Marek
January 12th, 2002, 16:56
i loved how we played in the third quarter we were aggresive we pushed the ball up the floor we built up a 12 point lead but as always we let teams back in the game at least last year we used to finish off teams like the hawks and the bulls now were letting them back in the game and losing our concentration, once again we lost the battle at the free throw line and we could of easily lost this game in the dying seconds if shareef didnt pass up that shot.

Oporto
January 12th, 2002, 17:08
What was Shareef thinking he had a wide open jump shot, players that are :star: take those shots and will make them most likely than he wounders why he dosent make the Alll-Star team he plays on **** teams so he can post big #'s but harly does it had a big game this year,but he should be more aggressive also Carter has to be more aggresive so the team follows his lead,the only good thing last night was we won,Raptors played great like you said 3rd quarter than in the 4th were just horrible we need 100% concentration and big efforts aginst evry team.

Oporto
January 13th, 2002, 22:31
We just lost at home to the Clips,we lost to the clips at home this is time for changes,Vince played ok,Alvin sucked bad after his big game what the hell is going on?

Lenny has to go........

Marek
January 13th, 2002, 23:06
We just lost at home to the Clips,we lost to the clips at home this is time for changes,Vince played ok,Alvin sucked bad after his big game what the hell is going on?

Lenny has to go........

so what else is new. :D

Barlinek
January 14th, 2002, 14:52
Wow, this may be the blow that knocks us off.

I'm serious when i say we may not make the playoffs.

Marek
January 14th, 2002, 22:27
im not worried about the playoffs cause this is the freakin east were talkin about here. iam worried about our play, were lacking toughness and leadership and if this continues even after the all star break you can bet that wilkins will be on his way out real soon. get van gundy and bring back charles oakley. :D

Oporto
January 14th, 2002, 22:35
Charle soakley was an idiot some times and turned the ball over alot but now I see we need him and he was a leader...

Also Riely is a better chance as a coach,VanGundy is still under contract and knicks wont aloow it Riley will quit or be fired soon..

Barlinek
January 16th, 2002, 14:38
Well we got a decent effort last night against the Pistons and took it 92-90. You guys see that dunk? My My.

The one thing we can take from our recent troubles is that we have been keeping the opponent in the high 80's or low90's.

We gots 3 game in 4 nights. Houston is in town tonight, and Hakeem plays his old team for the first time. Maybe we'll get a solid effort from him, and will be good enough to propel us to a win.

Oporto
January 16th, 2002, 22:17
Oh my the"dunk"ohhh what a facial Vincanity b;tched slaped it in and it was nasty........

Tonight is the Dream v's his former team lets hope he lights it up like a rocket in his pocket...We need a W tonight folks.;)

Barlinek
January 17th, 2002, 14:32
Well we almost blew an 18 point lead in the 4th, but got the important win. This is the first time this season we have been 5 games over .500%.

Oporto
January 17th, 2002, 23:21
Houston kept it close we bearly beat a team with 3 wins on the road:depress: we cant keep losing big leads.....

JYD did great DOGPOUND;)

Marek
January 18th, 2002, 03:32
even though we blew that big lead i still liked the way we played all game we didnt rely on the jumpshot so much while it was was the main weapon for the rockets, and if you can get hot from the three point line then its very easy to come back into a game.

Kiyan
January 18th, 2002, 12:39
It's getting really damn frustrating to see that we always have a nice big comfortoble lead at half-time. And then absolutely blow it near the end:frustrat: We gotta stop relaxing!

great game nevertheless.....!:strong:

Hakeem Olajuwon faced his former squad on Wednesday, as the Raptors held off a late Rockets comeback for a 109-103 (http://www.nba.com/games/20020116/HOUTOR/recap.html) win in Toronto. Vince Carter led a balanced attack, scoring 29 points and dishing out five assists, and Keon Clark came off the bench to score 12 and grab six rebounds. Olajuwon contributes in ways that don't often show up in the stats and the Raptors are a better team for it.

Oporto
January 18th, 2002, 21:52
I just want wins and be confident come palyoff time,and lose the coach.....

Oporto
January 19th, 2002, 19:51
Finally a great win against leaders NewJersey the Raps looked like the old Raps with energy and excitment lets see if they can keep it up tonight against Charlote than i will be a beleiver again,the season might not be over after all?:rolleyes:

Kiyan
January 20th, 2002, 15:30
We're on a roll! we beat teh Hornets at Charlotte!:excited: We're on a 4-game winning streak, 7 games above 500:happy: And that was our 1st win in charlotte since they 97 season:eek:

Anyway, we're playing great basketball at the moment!:)

It came down to the last seconds, but the Raptors conquered The Hive on Saturday, as Toronto took a 91-89 win (http://www.nba.com/games/20020119/TORCHA/recap.html) over the Hornets in Charlotte. Vince Carter led the way with 34 points, Antonio Davis tallied 13 and Jerome Williams grabbed 10 rebounds. The win gives the Raptors a four-game winning streak and just their second win ever in Charlotte.

Marek
January 20th, 2002, 19:59
that was a good tough victory over the hornets, this team is much better than its record and that win might just get us rolling.

Dj Domino
January 20th, 2002, 20:50
jamal magloire had a good game. hop he plays for canada next time

PG: Nash
SG: Fox/Someone else
SF: Someone else/Fox
PF: Magloire
C: Macullough

not too shabbby!

Barlinek
January 21st, 2002, 15:04
This is really good. Maybe i'll start tuning in again.

Man, we Toronto fans are so fickle. Funny.

Oporto
January 22nd, 2002, 16:41
Again the crap another loss this one to the Celtics we got lost in the 4th quarter again and dident know what hit us?:confused: we showed the Raps still have problems and the concentration aint there.....:depress:

Marek
January 22nd, 2002, 17:24
i was hoping that we could of at least gone on a winning streak this time, i dont think we have ever won more than 5 games in a row in our history.

DRE
January 22nd, 2002, 18:43
Toronto has won 8 in a row and also i think 11 all need to calm down we are heading for all-star stretch and we are not seeded badly in the east so after the break we can pick it up and show Toronto Raptors are the team in the East.I like La Lakers and for East the Raptors Vince is pure amaizing.

Marek
January 22nd, 2002, 18:50
Originally posted by DRE
Toronto has won 8 in a row and also i think 11 all need to calm down we are heading for all-star stretch and we are not seeded badly in the east so after the break we can pick it up and show Toronto Raptors are the team in the East.I like La Lakers and for East the Raptors Vince is pure amaizing.

i dont recall toronto ever winning 8 in a row.

Kiyan
January 22nd, 2002, 20:19
I remember it, I thought it was 9 actually?:confused:

Anyway, it was Vince's sophmore season I beleive, he hit about 3 buzzer beaters in that streak!:strong:

Barlinek
January 23rd, 2002, 14:36
Ya i remember that too. It was one of those streaks where we won games, but only by a few or a buzzer beater

Oporto
January 23rd, 2002, 18:29
Yes it was 9 and we beat the Celtics at the buzzer by air Carter also the clippers in LA and etc... we had winning streaks and will have more when this team lives up to the hype surronding them.

I wanna see Raptors-Lakers finals our raptors-mavericks

Oporto
January 24th, 2002, 17:38
Bad loss to the NYK Spree kicked our ass!!!

we are back to same old raps.:depress:

Barlinek
January 24th, 2002, 17:53
spree makes Carter look stupid.

I think our road record is better than our home.

Marek
January 24th, 2002, 18:42
at least davis and alvin played great. davis probably had his best game of the season.

Kiyan
January 24th, 2002, 23:56
arghhhhhhhh!!!!!

I was so frustrated! You can't imagine my frustration I had last night:frustrat:

Every time we made a run, and pulled within 4. The Knicks came-back with a huge Shot, ---> Mainly Spreewell. And when we wanted to cut it to 2, we always turned it over..... AND WHERE WERE YOU AIR CANADA!?:mad:

It always seems that Carter struggles against New-York..... We dont dominate the Knickerbockers like we used to:(

Marek
January 25th, 2002, 03:46
we never did dominate the knicks.

Oporto
January 25th, 2002, 14:48
We have always in the past dominated the NYK can you beleive it was their first win against the Raptor's at Air Canada center.

We just need all guys to be at the same level and step it up.

Marek
January 26th, 2002, 05:36
well we whooped the t-wolves, the score actually made this game look way closer than it was but who cares we got the W and i must say A.D played great. i think we might be seeing the old antonio davis he pprobably had his best game of the season against the knicks and he came back with another great performance tonight. hes been showing alot of confidence lately, his shot is back hes rebounding and most importantly hes being aggresive and taking it strong to the bucket and thats exactly what we need from the guy if we expect to make any noise this season and in the playoffs.

Oporto
January 26th, 2002, 17:08
What the HELL is going on with the toronto Raptors we lose to the awfull NYK and then go beat the amaizing T-wolfs team from the West this is messing me up we need consistancy on this team all need to start geling,I have to admit I was so happy we beat Garnet but we got to build on this and keep winning I know we can compete with the best and some nights we show it like last night or against LA Lakers in LA or when we beat the Nets bad this month but we got to keep on getting W and less loses to weak teams.

But I am liking some signs the raps are showing it is looking better than before I still think Lenny does some bad line changes and is too quiet for a coach but lets see what happens..

Oporto
January 27th, 2002, 23:13
I was there last year 12row and it was crazy but this year i couldent get tickets and had to settle to watch the agme on TV but the raps dident disapoint jumping to a 20 point lead folks this game was vicious with nasty T-mac dunks and followed by hot shooting Carter.Oh my Air Canada and the rest of the dinos put on a show yah Keon deon Neon slaped a few nnasty dunks and got him 20 points on the night,the sad note if you consider it sad is Hakeem the dream was injured:depress: and had to leave,also the raps lost the big lead later in the game.But oh my did Tracy show some dunks he just brought me back and gave me flash backs of his days in T.O and made me dream again Air Carter& T-Mac what could have been,but the fu;ker stabed us in the back:greed: and i realized T-Mac still sucks!!!!!!!BOoooooo...

This game i did beleive the hype,lets build on it and keep the W 's comming.JYD the dog is awsome!!

Oporto
February 1st, 2002, 14:10
Oh it would suck being a Boston Celtics fan but great being a Raptors last night showed something the Raps hadent done in a very long time a big 4th quarter after trailing Boston by 17 you might of tought here we go again after 2 big wins the raps are going down then they enter the 4th and losing by 11 I at least tought tyhe way they were playing they were going to lose by a few points Antoine Walker and Pierce were looking good but then o NASTY keon deon CLARK start wipping some nasty moves like silk and then some dunks then they all caught the fever Antonio got in on it and then V.C start pulling some MJ sh;t and oh god we looked good and yes we beat the Celtics:D they must be:cry:crying all the way back home in the plane ride:depress: that was a bad loss for them they looked to have the game won.JYD was great and so were the rest.;) also big win tied season series 2-2.

:yuck:Kenny Anderson:rolleyes: how is T.O now punk..Stick that 7 up your ass..

Oporto
February 3rd, 2002, 17:53
AHhhhhhhhh we lost to the Nets the 3ball killed the dinos as New jersey punished us.Vince needs to do something called slam DUNK!!

Marek
February 4th, 2002, 01:32
toronto played hard but lost, overall im still happy with the way were playing lately.

Kiyan
February 5th, 2002, 13:57
Well, we shouldn't be ashamed to lose to the Nets, they best the Kings by 34 last night!:eek:

We beat the sixers last night. We're playing great backetball of late. TV coverage rules! I think i've seen just about every Raptors game this season!:happy:

Only bad thing, now, we're without Hakeem, Mo'Pete, JYD, Murray, N'daye:irritate:

Barlinek
February 5th, 2002, 14:35
Well we beat the 76ers pretty good last night in Philly. Even though our starting line-up included Montross and Murray. This team seems to be coming together nicely, and when we get the other half of our team back from injury, it may get very interesting.;)

NunoCapucho21
February 5th, 2002, 16:22
Toronto still won despite some key stars not playing and also late in the game having so many turn overs but the Raps squeezed a win in Phily and on the sad not if that Tracy Murray left the game with an injury,Yogi is a waste of money he just looks like last year foul after foul cant block I am talking about Micheal Stewart a guy with a fat contract doing nothing in soccer its called a FLOP...He just is a lazy bum who signed a $36 million dollar deal to never play and cheer the raps on like the cheer leaders witch i think got more game than him.

Marek
February 5th, 2002, 17:56
we play washington tonight and our team is beat up big time. the dream, mo pete, JYD and know tracy murray are injured, im not sure for how long JYD is gone for but we need him back as soon as possible. despite all those injuries i still think we are deep enough and our guys will step up and beat the WIZ.

Barlinek
February 5th, 2002, 19:04
Originally posted by NunoCapucho21
Toronto still won despite some key stars not playing and also late in the game having so many turn overs but the Raps squeezed a win in Phily and on the sad not if that Tracy Murray left the game with an injury,Yogi is a waste of money he just looks like last year foul after foul cant block I am talking about Micheal Stewart a guy with a fat contract doing nothing in soccer its called a FLOP...He just is a lazy bum who signed a $36 million dollar deal to never play and cheer the raps on like the cheer leaders witch i think got more game than him.

Ya good ol' Yogi. What a waste of $$$$. But he did have many injuries. Imagine what we could do with an extra 4 mil per season:eek: A nice back up PG or anyone who could give us 10 pts, 5 boards. When does his contract expire?

Can't the rap's just 'eat' his contract, and get someone usefull?

Oporto
February 5th, 2002, 23:47
Yogis contract is up next year the Raptors tried to package him so many time in deals and every team refused we almost had a taker like 1 season ago but than they seen him and said NO way and if the Raptors ever made a bad move he is the reminder of a bad choice,his contract killed us when it was time to sign T-Mac even tough Tracy McGreedy:greed: was going to leave anyhow..His contract has affected a few deals and Toronto was close on trying to buy out his contract when Butch Carter was the coach but that also fell apart and I think the palyer agent refused because he knows no NBA team will take him i think Micheal Stewart is not even worthy of teh IBL.I cant beleive we signed him from Sacramento for big money$.

I call him in games when he ever palys witch is rare like 6 times a season MISTAKE other call him YOGI.

or we can say crap:yuck:

Carson35
February 6th, 2002, 07:35
the wizards beat the raptors...anyone watched the game?? i want a game report... :)

Barlinek
February 6th, 2002, 22:11
Originally posted by Carson35
the wizards beat the raptors...anyone watched the game?? i want a game report... :)
WASHINGTON -- The Raptors ended their three-game trip with two losses and just as many lost players.

Despite a weakened bench and a lack of energy because of back-to-back games, the Raptors competed last night but fell 99-94 to the host Washington Wizards.

When they needed a stop, the Raptors couldn't produce one, and they had a tough time trying to contain Michael Jordan, whose presence almost singlehandedly lifted the Wizards.

Jordan scored 20 of his 23 points in the second half and recorded a crucial assist at crunch time when the Raptors came with double-teams at the expense of leaving Washington's shooters open.

The unlikely dagger was delivered by former Raptors forward Popeye Jones, who buried a feed from Jordan with 9.1 seconds left in the game.

The Raptors, led by Vince Carter's 29 points, dropped to 28-21, while Washington improved to 25-21.

In the decisive fourth quarter, Jordan scored 10 points on four-of-eight shooting, while Carter managed four points on one-of-five shooting.

Carter played 48 minutes in Toronto's physically gruelling 100-93 win over the 76ers in Philadelphia on Monday.

"Vince played the whole game the other night and your legs are going to get tired," Jordan said. "I was able to get some rest on the bench and when I went back in I attacked.

"We wanted to make Vince work defensively, force him to go through screens, move away from the ball, make him use energy and wear them down."

In the opening quarter, Jordan couldn't match up against Carter's explosive first step. Jordan picked up two fouls and played only five minutes. He scored three first-half points.

In the second half, Jordan played with much more energy, got the benefit of some calls and, when he wasn't creating his shot, he involved his teammates.

"(Jordan) is trying to do what he needs to do for his team and I'm trying to do what I can for my team," Carter said. "(Jordan) came out on top (last night).

"He's playing well. He's shooting the ball well. He seems like his old self. He just doesn't jump as high, but that doesn't mean anything. He's smart."

The Raptors shot 52.8%, but lost the game when they failed to put away the Wizards in the first half.

What cost the Raptors dearly was Washington's 50-27 rebounding edge, including an astounding 22-3 advantage on the offensive glass.

Just as amazing was Washington's 27-2 edge in second-chance points, including an 18-0 advantage in the first half, which ended with the Raptors leading 51-46.

"I thought we were a little leg weary," Raptors coach Lenny Wilkens said. "Everyone has to rebound and that hurt us. I thought that was a big factor. It's always tough to play back-to-back games. Sometimes you find a way through it, sometimes you don't. (Last night) we didn't."

Jerome Williams and Tracy Murray both sat out with ankle injuries, forcing Wilkens to start Chris Childs.

When he looked at his bench, Wilkens had no small forward and basically two players -- Keon Clark and Dell Curry.

"We had a very close, physical and draining game in Philly," Curry said. "It's tough to come back because sometimes you take short cuts on offence. You do little things that don't show up (in statistics)."

Like failing to box out, run out on a shooter, rotate on defence, or knock down a shot in crunch time.

"I want us to compete," Wilkens said. "I don't want us to feel sorry for ourselves. We competed, but we didn't make all the best decisions."

Basically Toronto ran out of fresh bodies to seal the deal. Many injuries, and the secon-half of a back-to-back on the road was the difference. Michael was tripple teamed and found the open guy for an easy jumper, while Vince was tripple teamed and still insisted to put the shot up for misses. Jordan the smart veteran. Carter the dumb veteran.

Oporto
February 6th, 2002, 23:13

Basically Toronto ran out of fresh bodies to seal the deal. Many injuries, and the secon-half of a back-to-back on the road was the difference. Michael was tripple teamed and found the open guy for an easy jumper, while Vince was tripple teamed and still insisted to put the shot up for misses. Jordan the smart veteran. Carter the dumb veteran.

LOL:happy:I totaly agree:D
We had that game won and lost it in th end MJ in the first half did nothing but masterminded a win you can say a steal from the raps we had the W only to lose it in the 4th.Carter needs to stop and think before some of his shots also needs to take it to the hole and dunk...These injuries are killing us we need some healthy bodies.:depress:

Oporto
February 8th, 2002, 18:04
Air Canada out and will miss All-Star game also,but the raps still win in OT without V.C15:dazed: Raps are lucky it happend in all-star break as Carter will be out for at least 10 days:depress:

NunoCapucho21
February 19th, 2002, 16:34
Another loss it is getting ugly for the dinos without air canada,Vince needs to stop being a cry babby and come back and help the team.I also realized how much we need JYD energy the dog is needed badly also as for Montross GARBAGE dump the fool him and Yogi Micheal stewart is a joke.2 guys that are absolute trash and our rookie Bradly aint that much better.I wanna see Nayine more often rather than slow ass can catch a pass Montross.

we are sinking fast and there aint no buckets to help us from sinking,all aboard?:mad:

NunoCapucho21
February 21st, 2002, 16:41
Another heart breaking loss to Charlote at ACC.:mad: :depress:

we need a trade fast...and a coach,I dont care if we have a few injuries and are without VC we have alot of good players making alot of money$$ that have to step it up and get some W's.:mad:

TRADE----->Nick VanExel;)

Barlinek
February 21st, 2002, 17:19
Agreed, These guys have to step it up. Its ridiculous. 6 in a row? What are we worse than the Bulls without Vince?

NunoCapucho21,

I see you live in Hamilton, where abouts? I grew up in Hamilton and Stoney Creek.

Marek
February 21st, 2002, 17:49
we do not need a trade and no i dont want nick van exel, this guy has been a cancer on every team he has been on. all we need is vince and JYD to be healthy along with everyone else and we will get our **** together trust me. the east is weak and it really doesent matter that much if we finish third or sixth or whatever were still gonna go on to the next round,the raptors are built for the playoffs.

Carson35
February 22nd, 2002, 06:16
no trades for the raptors...i think they'll be fine...they just need a healthy carter back...

Barlinek
February 22nd, 2002, 16:16
But its pathetic that we cannot win even a game without Vince. IMO it doesn't say much for the quality of guys like Alvin or Antonio.

Marek
February 22nd, 2002, 17:30
But its pathetic that we cannot win even a game without Vince. IMO it doesn't say much for the quality of guys like Alvin or Antonio.

so what, the lakers can bearly beat teams like the wizards without shaq and they still have kobe on the floor.

Barlinek
February 22nd, 2002, 18:00
Not really, when Shaq is out, the Lakers still have a record better than .500, and thats in the West. Without Shaq in the East they would still rule.

It is completely pathetic that your star is out but you cannot win one single game. NOT ONE!!!!

The quality is far less than what i thought it to be.

NunoCapucho21
February 22nd, 2002, 18:06
Agreed, These guys have to step it up. Its ridiculous. 6 in a row? What are we worse than the Bulls without Vince?

NunoCapucho21,

I see you live in Hamilton, where abouts? I grew up in Hamilton and Stoney Creek. I live in the mountain near Ancaster Medowlands. so you a Stoney Creeker party animals...

I think the Bulls with Jalan Rose will be better than us soon,we just have a horrible coach taht makes slow changes.

With no Vince we should not even show up,it is sad that the rest of the team is making alot of money$$$ and cant prove tehy deserve it,attendence is going down...:depress:

Barlinek
February 22nd, 2002, 20:43
Meadowlands eh? My mom lives around Nebo road (By Bulk Barn). Ya Stoney Creek small, but we know how to party:tongue:

There just isn't any hype around the team. Its not the fans/media's fault. The team sucks. What would happen if say carter was out for 25 games? Would we even make the playoffs at this rate? I have no idea.

Olajuwon is a bust. Hope they get rid of him in the off-season.

Davis still struggles at the offensive end. Alvin is good one game, and totally outplayed the next.

Mo Pete is NOT a starter IMO. I would like to see Keon start.

The only bright spots are Keon and Vince.

We need some more youth or something to give us a spark.

And i've been saying it forever, get rid of Lenny!!! But who do you get?

Imagine this season occured a year ago? Who knows if we would re-sign any of the guys.

As an aside, I don't like the fact that Davis is on our team. We were his last choice. Good decision to sign him, but i would like to see him traded for someone like Elton Brand or aniother young PF. That way our team wouldn't lose much, but gain youth, and someone who wants to be here.

Carson35
February 23rd, 2002, 08:03

that tells u how important vince is to the raptors... :)

Carson35
February 23rd, 2002, 08:05
Originally posted by Marek
so what, the lakers can bearly beat teams like the wizards without shaq and they still have kobe on the floor.

yeah..and they lost to the hawks... :D:D:D let me tell u, the lakers are not that good without shaq....shaq just makes the lakers and kobe a lot better when he is on the floor...

yeah, the lakers lost to the bulls too... :D:D:D and grizzlies...and the warriors...

Barlinek
February 26th, 2002, 14:52
Another game, another loss. This time after blowing a 15 point lead against the Sonics on home floor:rolleyes:

We currently sit at .500. Right now the team's psyche is in disarray. Someone has to take control. Lenny won't do it, thats why he has to leave.

Marek
February 26th, 2002, 17:22
dont forget that we lost with a healthy lineup. the raptors are lacking some motivation and im not sure if this is the coache's fault or what cause i know the raptors on paper are one the better teams in the east.

Marek
February 28th, 2002, 03:48
9 straight losses. last 2 have been with vince and jyd in the lineup....... i dont know what else to say.

Barlinek
February 28th, 2002, 15:42
I sort of saw this coming even when we were losing with our injuries. Not sure what to think. Its the second game in a row we blew a nice lead. Lack of mental toughness. I don't know, but if a guy like Van Gundy et al. was here, there is no way we would have lost this many in a row. If we were in the west, we would be to the level of Golden state.

Like i said, luckily we signed everyone in the off season. There is time maybe next year to gel.

Kiyan
March 2nd, 2002, 03:26
10th straight loss.. to the Blazers at home:stress:

Marek
March 2nd, 2002, 04:43
at this pace we might just miss the playoffs. i just hope we can at least get home court for the first round and stay away from new jersey or milwaukee.

Carson35
March 2nd, 2002, 08:17
10th straight losses??? oh my god...this team is going downhill...

NunoCapucho21
March 2nd, 2002, 19:56
STOP the bleeding!!

garbage list rating out of 3,

MoPete:yuck::yuck::yuck: see Mateen Cleves your next IBL soon!!

Montorss:yuck::yuck::yuck: has no game and butter fingers..

Yogi Micheal Stewart:yuck::yuck::yuck: worst signing in basketball history 36 million canaidan bananas no yogi is the banana..

Nadyae:yuck::yuck: africa is calling?

Rookie(white boy):yuck::yuck: what

Davis:yuck::yuck:FLOP 2 good games 8 bad ones,how is the wife?also the kids adpting to metric or is it imperial?

Carter:yuck:what have been a :star: if he took it to the whole instead of thinking he is a 3 point shooter and has MJ fade ways..(you are #15 not #23 just remember that,i guess you forgot how to dunk oh tahts right you are not just a dunker)Kobe please T-Mac anybody rather than this *****.

K.Clark:yuck: yah I seen that last year by Davis he played the same way for a FAT contract,can you deliver after you sign for big dough$$???ah?

JYD:yuck::yuck: slacker than hero,but i doubt there is a dog pound soon in ACC,if he dosent become more consistant...

Childs:yuck:turnovers also last year CIAO

A.Williams teh guy has to deal with all the garbage I cant blame him.:yuck:ah maybe :star:

Dell Curry:yuck: where is the defence:yuck: never mind the 3's?

Tracy Murray:yuck::yuck::yuck: LOL go.... just go.....

Jakson:yuck:x5 who are you?

Hakeem Olojowan:yuck::yuck:MISTAKE where is the nearest clinic is what Raps need to know?

G.Graunale how ever you spell it is we need CHANGES shake it up!! if i forgot ANYBODY else who cares ,it dosent matter we are sinking fast and the BOO's at ACC dont help but I admit the product on the court is absolute sh;t.:eek:

WHAT

Lenny Wilkens NBA's most winning coach what they forget to say after that is also NBA most losingest coach,I dont wanna blame it all on him but his play's suck and so does the rotation,we cant even do a play under 5 sec inbounds:yuck: Is Pat riley still avaiable or VanGundy anybody please a dream for me is BUCKS coach George Karl.:)

when will this end folks.....

Rod
March 2nd, 2002, 20:03
As a Hornets supporter i'm quite happy to see the Raptors slide past us. :) Anyway your team still is good enough to reach the play-offs (maybe 8th or something). :)

Anyway in the playoffs the best defense will gain success and that is why the Hornets will challenge the Western Champions in the finals. :) Now all injured players are back and after thrashing the Nets and the Celtics there is no question that Charlotte is the best team in the East. :star:

Good luck to the Raptors anyway though. :) :cool:

Carson35
March 3rd, 2002, 05:14
so basically, the whole raptor team sucks??? :D:D:D

Kiyan
March 3rd, 2002, 19:54
It's getting ugly at ACC against the Sixers...... minute left.. We're about to lose our 11th straight.... I've never been more frustrated in my life.

Carson35
March 4th, 2002, 07:00
iverson scored 40 points today...ouch...the raptors have lost another game... :rolleyes:

Barlinek
March 4th, 2002, 14:54
This is very ugly. You just have to laugh.

Things that must CHANGE for next year:

1. Get rid of Wilkins.

2. Get rid of Antonio. Trade him for someone who wants to be here, and make sure his kids get the proper education. Toront's education is really sub-par:rolleyes:

3. Get a guard.

4. get a shooter, who can actually move out there. (see: Curry)

5. Trade Mo Pete for some other young talent before people realize he is shi*.

Things that must stay the SAME for next year:

1. Vince. Ya he plays no D, but he is the franchise.

2. Alvin. He is tough, sometimes unreliable, but excellent D when you need him.

3. Keon. Having a great season. Next to Vince, our second best performer of the season.

4. JYD. Always good to have guys like him around.

5. Hakeem/Montross. Its not like the East is filled with centres, so these guys are adequate enough.

Things that need consideration for next year:

1. What do we do with Childs?

2. What do we do with Curry/Murray

3. WHO IS OUR SECOND GO TO GUY? This is very important. When Vince is not around who is the guy to step up? Please note I want Antonio the hell out of our city, so he is not eligable for this consideration.

NunoCapucho21
March 4th, 2002, 16:41
I am just sick of the product we have on the court in T.O:yuck:

:rolleyes: CHANGES NOW!!!!

Marek
March 4th, 2002, 17:31
the thing that pisses me off about this is that wilkens is not even angry about this losing streak, this guy shows no emotion what so ever.

Barlinek
March 4th, 2002, 19:20
Originally posted by NunoCapucho21
I am just sick of the product we have on the court in T.O:yuck:

:rolleyes: CHANGES NOW!!!!

What's the .01% you disagree with?:D

Unfortunately its too late for changes.:depress:

Trading deadline has passed, and Lenny will be here for a while.

NunoCapucho21
March 5th, 2002, 15:54
Eric Montross is a JOKE and has butter fingers,he is so slow and the same almost can be said about Hakeem he is old slow and makes the team play a diferent style that = garbage both are a mistake!!

Other than that you are right on the money $$(Yes trading deadline has passed and this looks like it will be the team for now but Lenny can still be fired but i doubt that.):depress:

Barlinek
March 5th, 2002, 16:53
Not sure what will happen in the off-season, but i would like to see someone like Van Gundy. That guy lives and dies with the club. Lenny seems to have no idea what he is doing at times.

Basically we are beginning training camp all-over again, and the playoffs may have to wait for another year.

Marek
March 5th, 2002, 20:25
heres what i think.

A. williams- i like the guy, hes a big game player and can take the team on his shoulders when it counts especially in the playoffs.

carter- basically hes the franchise for years to come but hes gotta stop relying on his jump shot and take it the hole and start getting to the free throw line cause theres no one in the league who can guard him one on one.

Mo Pete- he shows flashes of being a very good offensive player but is very inconsistent. hes not good enough to be a starter IMO and if lenny is smart hes gonna bench him when the playoffs come around.

A.D.- theres no doubt that hes overpayed but antonio still gives us some scoring punch as well as rebounding and blocked shots.

Hakeem-i think the fans expected a little to much from this guy which is a little unfair considering he is 39 years old with foot problems. but like antonio he still gives us blocked shots and rebounds and thats basically why he was brought here in the first place.

Keon- hes finally got his chance to shine and hes doing a good job this season.

JYD- defence, intensity. the rest of the raptors team should play like this guy.

chris childs- hes a leader on the floor, plays good defense and can shoot the clutch three. i hope we resign him during the
offseason.

lenny- no emotion or intensity and thats rubbing of on the players. fire his ass and bring in a coach with a tougher personality like a van gundy or a sloan.

Carson35
March 6th, 2002, 06:15
the raptors lost to the rockets tonight despite vince scored 43 points...12th straight losses... :eek:

DFD
March 6th, 2002, 09:28
?!?!?

Hey Marek !
Hey Barlinek !

It is terrible what is happening in Toronto right now :(

What happened ?!?!

You were supposed to challenge the title with the offseason moves !?!?

I am shocked...

Barlinek
March 6th, 2002, 14:41
Hey DFD,

You are not the only one that is shocked by what is happening. The team is pretty much rotting away. I'm not sure if there is just one thing that can help us right now.

There will be much re-examining in the off-season. The first thing I would do is get rid of Lenny. I have been anti-Lenny since about the mid-way point of last season, and it seems finally more people are seeing the same. He is incompetent.

The major thing we need is a proven second scorer. A #2 or 3, but until then, we will struggle.

I feel sorry for Grunwald (our GM), he did a hell of a job re-signing everyone, and now this.

Marek
March 6th, 2002, 17:54
i thought that after all those resignings that would motivate and bring the team closer together but we have not been able to gell all season and know it has all come crashing down. 3 of our next 5 games will be against, dallas, new jersey and sacramento not to mention were gonna be playing orlando and miami on the road, so this could easily turn into a 17 or 18 game losing streak and we will continue to fall down the standings and we might very likely miss the playoffs.

NunoCapucho21
March 6th, 2002, 18:02
LENNY the fu;k OUT NOW!!! that was bad rotation and no emotion, at least have a heart attack and drop dead.(this guy is the NBA most losingest coach and now I know why):mad:

43 not enough for VC15 but also where is taking the ball to the hole like steve Franchise, that is why he is the Franchise and the leader unlike pus'y Carter he drives and has no fear,and screw the babby excuses of jumper's knee or being hurt.What Cater needs is good old fashion Oakley in his face telling him if he want to be the :star: and get all the fame and money $$ show it on the court like T-Mac does and not disapear, yell at his temates like Iverson call them stup;d what ever works.Antonio Davis is the biggest waste of money like i said since we sign him, dont convince yourself that he is good,because he aint Antonio will have like 2 good games than like 8 bad ones just like last night that fu;king slacker.

We need Alvin to be more of a leader and also Hakeem has no speed and kills the momentom,as for Mo Pete where was he Lenny yesterday?(he played when Raps had the lead then was never herd from again):mad: Mo Pete is not a starter i agree, and the product sucks and playoff's are possible because we play in the East.

What should have happend in the summer for G.G(Raps)?

Elton Brand to Raptors for Oakley and A.Davis to Chicago

trade deadline-Mo Pete,Montross,Hakeem -VanExel-Lafrenz(good old buddies Denver)

Next year Kobe for Carter:dazed: T.O-L.A

**Lenny Wilkens fired like 2 months ago!!!;)

Marek
March 6th, 2002, 18:19
this is hard for me to say but i rather have mcgrady than carter at this moment.