Great season for Arg players in Europe! [Archive] - Xtratime Community

Great season for Arg players in Europe!

czar
May 15th, 2000, 13:07
This year many Argentinean players have won Championships or are on the verge of winning Championships. The list is as follows:

Italy
League Champion: Lazio-Players: Veron, Almeyda, Simeone & Sensini.

France
League Champion: Monaco-Player: Gallardo

Portugal
League Champion: Sporting Lisbon-Players: Duscher, Quiroga, Acosta & Hanuch.

Spain
League Champion: We'll know next week, but if Deportivo La Coruna win, then a couple of Argentinean players, Flores & Scaloni would win medals.

With the European Cup Final coming up on May 24th. Argentineans that play for Valencia- Lopez, Pellegrino, González & Fagiani have an opportunity to obtain a winners medal. In the event that Valencia lose and I hope that they don't, then Redondo who as we all know plays for Real Madrid, will obtain his second winners medal in this tournament.

The second leg of the Italian Cup, will soon be disputed Lazio have a slight edge going into the second leg (2-1) Lazio, are on top of the world at the moment, so they are riding on a wave of positive momentum. I see further medals for Veron, Almeyda, Simeone and Sensini. In the event that Lazio lose out in the Italian Cup, then Inter Milan with Zanetti will collect a medal

In Italy Batistuta finished the season with 23 goals (2nd after Shevchenko) and one more than Crespo who finished the season with 22 goals (3rd after Batistuta) None of Batistuta’s goals came from penalties while Shevchenko had at least 4 goals from penalties. If you discount Shevchenko's penalties, Batistuta would have finished the Seria A as top goal scorer!!

Regardeless, Batistuta scored a hat-trick on Sunday and took his total number of goals with Fiorentina in Serie A to 152, one more than the club's great Swedish striker from the 1950s Kurt Hamrin. So, Batistuta broke a record that had been standing unmatched for almost fifty years!! At 31 he is truly an incredible player.

We have a lot to be proud of. Our players have performed at the highest level, and have earned great recognition for their efforts.

So, I would like to congratulate my fellow Argentinos in Europe for a truly tremendous year. Thanks for making us so proud!!

I am sure that next season will also be another successful one for our outstanding players!

Los jugadores Argentinos son todos campeones!
VAMOS ARGENTINA! VAMOS A SONAR! Y VAMOS A GANAR!

[This message has been edited by czar (edited 16-05-2000).]

Argentina
May 15th, 2000, 13:29
czar, i totally agree with you...we ruled the world this year...so much more success to come for us.

as for the italian scoring race:
sheva 24(8penalties)
batistuta 23
crespo 22(5 penalties)

i am so proud of those 2 that i think they deserve the award more than sheva.

EclipsE
May 15th, 2000, 13:37
Yah, great year as far as achivements goes for Argentines.

czar: You forgot the King's Cup. Solari can win it from Atletico, while there are 2 - 3 Argentines playing with Espanyol as well. :)

czar
May 15th, 2000, 13:53
argentina: Yeah, more success will follow, I'm sure of it :)

EclipsE: Tks, I did forget about the Copa del Rey :)

almeyda+parma
May 16th, 2000, 05:44
sh*t czar
i was thinkking in this topic :) :)
argentina rulez man
don't forgot nant(france cup)
they have fabri he is there best player

czar
May 16th, 2000, 05:52
Almeyda+Parma,

Yeah, thanks for reminding me, Nestor Fabbri, won his second French Cup medal this season (considering Nantes also won this cup last year) :)

Argentinean players are doing so well!!

Jordanian--guy
May 16th, 2000, 06:22
please guys no body blames czar if he forgot any argentine player ...wut to do ..god damn it wut to do if out player are rulling the world....they are comming to be the bet players in every country ...and look who is comming next ..out youths ..even if they not doing well together ..but as we all know they are the best youths in the world and our great players in europe are youngs too
23 and 24 and 25 ........
and dont blame beilsa if he cant chose million player to the natinal team ..wut the hell he can do also ..we have to say that argentina is comming to be named as commandos ...but i love the nickname the tango ..
well i heared a syrian reportter and he is a great soccer reporter saying ....THE NEXT 100 YEARS IS FOR ARGENTINA ..
god damn it ..is he right or wut ??????lol
now guys we are celebarating our players
and i cant wait to celebarate our WC,s ...2002 2006 2008 2012 and so and so and so
forza argentina........

czar
May 16th, 2000, 09:06
Well said Jordanian Guy, you certainly have a great appeciation for Argentinean players!!
WE ARE THE BEST!! :)

Jordanian--guy
May 17th, 2000, 06:22
thanx CZRA
i realy adore u
as a writer
as an argentina fan
as an argentine if u r .....:")
and we will now start following our great great players transfers and i think ur the one who can do that all the time
so confirm us continuosly please czar
thanx manoo

czar
May 17th, 2000, 09:27
Thanks, Jordanian Guy, I really appreciate your kind comments :) Actually, my Mother is Argentinean, so that makes me half Argentinean. I also lived in Argentina for about 3 years, and I still have a lot of Family there, I try to go back there as often as possible to visit. I speak fluent Spanish, as I grew up with Spanish being spoken in my home.

Are you from Amman? I was in Jordan for a few days about 6 years ago. I really enjoyed your country. I wanted to visit Petra, but I didn't get a chance.

I hope Argentina will continue to progress. As we say in Spanish "ojala" or as you say in Arabic "inchalla".

[This message has been edited by czar (edited 17-05-2000).]

VitoCorleone
May 25th, 2000, 04:06
Redondo won his second Champions League with Real Madrid! Congratulations to Redondo!