The best team in Eastern Europe..... [Archive] - Xtratime Community

The best team in Eastern Europe.....

Undertaker
May 11th, 2000, 00:30
I am a big fan (BIG TIME) of Eastern European football. I am trying to figure out which team at this point and I am talking today is the best on the East.
Candidates are Zvezda (Red Star), Spartak Moscow, and Dynamo Kiev.
Let me know (probably overlooked some teams)

------------------
My mission is to punish stupid fans

AMOROSO!
May 11th, 2000, 00:37
I hate to say this,but its Olympiakos.

------------------
The sun will rise again...and it will be...GIALLOBLU!

labas
May 11th, 2000, 01:29
My pick: KKS Lech Poznan - who cares they're almost in the polish second divison ;)

Serioisly though, I'd go with Dynamo Kiev or perhaps Olympiakos. They have to be the best.
More Kiev though, because couinting Greece as Eastern Europe is asking a bit too much :)

EclipsE
May 11th, 2000, 01:42
I say Kyiv has been very impressive, so in my mind they edge out Olympiakos. It's very close to call though.

giani_82
May 11th, 2000, 02:51
Samo Levski :) !
Hehe, it's Dynamo Kyiv, of course.

red star forever
May 11th, 2000, 05:58
Up to this season Dinamo Kiev, but from this season forward (especially if Rebrov leaves), it is going to be Red Star once again. :) :)
You just wait and see.... :D

IVO
May 11th, 2000, 06:57
I'd go with Kyiv. They still have the nucleur of the national team, and have been pretty consistent. Olympiakos is good, but I personally don't consider Greece as Easter Europe.

EclipsE
May 11th, 2000, 17:05
I consider Turkey and Greece at least part of Eastern Europe. So with this said, I forgot about GALATASARAY.... possibly the UEFA Cup Champs. :)

David
May 12th, 2000, 22:36
I think you should wait for next years CL because, if Dinamo Bucharest manage to keep all their players, they could be the biggest surprise.

However, till then, Galata is the best.

Undertaker
May 13th, 2000, 01:57
Very interesting, but how come nobody mentions Spartak Moscow. They are the best Russian side and they always play in CL.
P.S. Turkey is not Eastern Europe. Same is Greece. Look at the map.

------------------
My mission is to punish stupid fans

Argentina
May 13th, 2000, 03:05
kyiv is just great...they show everyone that they have the ability to win the CL...no doubt about this one

carlito
May 13th, 2000, 05:43
Undertaker, turkey and greece are eastern europe.

I think the best teams are GALATA and DINAMO KIEV. They are the only two to bring success these past two years.

nasty nick
May 13th, 2000, 23:07
legia warszawa is my number 1!!!!!!!!!!!!

giani_82
May 14th, 2000, 03:29
Samo Levski, Ole!

Mijatovic
May 15th, 2000, 22:12
It is very hard to pick but Kiev did play well in the champions league but they will drop of next season but if Partizan and Zvezda manage to keep there young talents for 2 more sesons then i believe they will be the best.

carlito
May 20th, 2000, 10:32
Now we all have to agree i guess that its GALATA :) :)

EclipsE
May 20th, 2000, 16:57
You got that right.