Xtratime Community banner

Raymond Domenech : The Tragedy of France Football ?

1K views 25 replies 19 participants last post by  Andy Christ 
#1 · (Edited)
His selection of players base on his biased. Example

Ignored Players

1. Trezeguet
2. Ludovic Giuly
3. Patrice Evra
4. Philippe Mexas

What has he been thinking ? His selection has been proved that is wrong in Euro 2008 but Why he is still a France Manager. Qualification for WC in this year by unfair scene and he so admired about that event.

Finally, He had nothing in ability and sportmanship just a guy lose his way that runner-up of WC 2006 was created by him despite it is actually Zidane and France might be won if manager was not him.

Sorry but France had no future in WC this year and Association of France football seems to satisfy that.

People around the World cannot see paintful of France team just because of him !!!.

See less See more
#3 ·
Domenech is a world class manager that only shows up in world class competitions.

#14 ·
I would also add Sebastien Frey to that list of players ignored by Domenech. It is pretty shocking that Domenech is still coach, he is riding on the fact that he took France to the WC final and has somehow still managed to use it to his advantage despite the fact that he didn't get out of the Euro 2008 group stage. That also begs the question, what is the FFF thinking in keeping him on? Surely cost can't be the only factor.

#17 ·
Raymond Domenech seems to be able to get performances out of the players when it matters but for the quality of side he has, he plays way too defensive. I have never seen a France side play such a poor style of football, and it comes to a level where you have to attack.

His stubborness with certain players is also damaging the team. With Trezeguet, he may be aging, but you still got one of the best natural goal scorers in the world. Evra is possibly the worlds best left back, and Mexes I would put in the top 20 for centrebacks, while Frey is the best goalkeeping option by a mile.

Right On, I think your comment though is not warranted. Firstly, I feel every French player who pulls on the shirt wants to win for France, and this notion about African's having no football brain is ridiculous. So you are telling me the likes of Claude Makelele, Patrick Viera, John Obi Mikel and Seydou Keita, all have no football brain, and the first two had no passion when playing for France?

#20 ·
Trez?
Mexes?
Giuly?

Me estan cargando? xtratime esta cada dia mas pelotudo...Leaving aside any complain in other aspects, leaving this fellas aside ain't even close to absurd...Zanetti, Ronaldinho might not go to the WC, just to put an example of really high calibre players that might not be call.

#22 ·
Mexes' form has dropped off in the past two years, but based on what I've seen from France he still deserves a place in that squad.

The real crime was Domenech ignoring Mexes three-four years ago when he was without doubt the best French CB running around - all because of his star sign apparently. :howler:

#21 ·
why was my post deleted?

#25 ·
Raymond Domenech claims £2.5m for France 'sacking'

Former France coach Raymond Domenech is seeking £2.5m in severance pay, claiming he was made a "scapegoat" for his team's poor World Cup performance.

Domenech was reportedly sacked from his role on the French Football Federation technical advisory board in September.

He stood down as France coach after a dismal World Cup, in which his side failed to make it out of their group.

Domenech will seek the compensation from an employment tribunal, his lawyer told L'Equipe newspaper on Wednesday.

The FFF reportedly sacked Domenech for three "grave errors", including Nicola Anelka's expulsion from France's squad, the subsequent training boycott and his refusal to shake the hand of South Africa coach Carlos Alberto Parreira after the final group game.
:howler:

I thought he already had hit enough lows

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.