Hungarian Pride [Archive] - Xtratime Community

Hungarian Pride

MagyarGyerek
February 10th, 2008, 03:19
Heres the deal:

Last week was multi cultural week at my uni and like there is no association for magyars so it jus sucked and all of my friends were teasin me sayin HUN sucks and dat I have nothin 2 b proud of cuz im HUN... and NOW I wanna prove em wrong but I need help :D I jus don't know where 2 start...

I know we got a good sporting background
I know we have famous people in science
I know we have da best ladies in da world
I know we have great food and wine
I know we have a rich history

But how can I say this and use facts and what not to proove it?! I need help!!!

SAD ANDY
February 10th, 2008, 03:55
http://youtube.com/watch?v=ANcgqk6uZ-8

That should get them to STFU and die.

MagyarGyerek
February 10th, 2008, 06:12
lmao, nice!

but I wish there was a list or something to go along with as well, I dunno half of the inventions there :S

szövkap
February 10th, 2008, 10:07
I wonder what those others, non-huns at your school, are pride of. can't really be too much to be honest. :D

Kajoo
February 10th, 2008, 11:26
Heres the deal:

Last week was multi cultural week at my uni and like there is no association for magyars so it jus sucked and all of my friends were teasin me sayin HUN sucks and dat I have nothin 2 b proud of cuz im HUN

get rid of your dumb friends.

Gabriella
February 10th, 2008, 11:56
http://www.webenetics.com/hungary/famous.htm

you can also tell them that Hollywood would be a very different place without Hungarians

and of course the famous Fermi quote... Do extra-terrestrial beings exist? - the Nobel Prize winning Italian physicist, Enrico Fermi, was once asked by his disciples in California. Of course, Fermi answered - they are already here among us, they are called Hungarians...

it is all explained here:
http://www.kfki.hu/~tudtor/tudos1/martians.html

my daughter was bullied in school for some time because she is Hungarian, petty thing

Kajoo
February 10th, 2008, 12:13
Living in Toronto, that explains a lot :) I´d mention that hungarian hockey NT already beat up Swedes and Slovaks (during the lock-out !!!).

No need to elaborate about the great food because they probably don´t understand wtf are you talking about. Just mention the most spicy BigMacs in DA WORLD :D

Kajoo
February 10th, 2008, 12:27
if they are Frog-haters tell them that the smartest and most powerful Frenchman is Hungarian :)

In case that your friends are french don´t forget to mention George Soros who devalued pound sterling :D

fradi
February 10th, 2008, 12:52
IF you are the same as you are on this forum I can understand why. Probally there upset because you don't want anything to do with the country that obviouslly gave you a better life be proud to be a Magyar Canuck:pp Atleast you don't have the same problems Bentex has living in England with all the bad food:yuck:

Gabriella
February 10th, 2008, 13:33
what the **** are you talking about?

SAD ANDY
February 10th, 2008, 14:32
what the **** are you talking about?

SAD ANDY
February 10th, 2008, 14:47
Not many things piss me IRL, but fradi pissed me off.

I don't know MG personally, but on his behalf I say **** YOU.

MagyarStuttgart
February 10th, 2008, 15:33
I see when Mgy's coming from, i get lots of taunts and fun poked at me for being Hungarian recently aswell.

I never got it in Germany. But since I live in Sheffield I get it all the time. :rollani:

Bentex
February 10th, 2008, 15:43
At my school it was me who did the bullying.

szövkap
February 10th, 2008, 17:19
IF you are the same as you are on this forum I can understand why. Probally there upset because you don't want anything to do with the country that obviouslly gave you a better life be proud to be a Magyar Canuck

a better life? proud to be a canuck? now you are being ridiculous.

MagyarGyerek
February 11th, 2008, 01:52
IF you are the same as you are on this forum I can understand why. Probally there upset because you don't want anything to do with the country that obviouslly gave you a better life be proud to be a Magyar Canuck:pp Atleast you don't have the same problems Bentex has living in England with all the bad food:yuck:

wtf?

honestly f*ck off, get a life...

MagyarGyerek
February 11th, 2008, 01:52
http://www.webenetics.com/hungary/famous.htm

you can also tell them that Hollywood would be a very different place without Hungarians

and of course the famous Fermi quote... Do extra-terrestrial beings exist? - the Nobel Prize winning Italian physicist, Enrico Fermi, was once asked by his disciples in California. Of course, Fermi answered - they are already here among us, they are called Hungarians...

it is all explained here:
http://www.kfki.hu/~tudtor/tudos1/martians.html

my daughter was bullied in school for some time because she is Hungarian, petty thing

thx, this was the link I was looking for. I used 2 visit that site every day :D

MagyarGyerek
February 11th, 2008, 02:04
The thing is that they are extemely ignorant... they are from the middle east and they dont know sh!t about Europe at all, let alone HUN... n i guess im a real proud magyar and they keep teasin me (esp. when we lose in football to teams like Malta and Moldova... :S) about bein HUN and that i have nothin 2 b proud about. And i've had enough... i'm gonna put together a google document full of links, articles, pics jus 2 really show em why I am proud 2 b MAGYAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAR! :)

Kajoo
February 11th, 2008, 02:13
The thing is that they are extemely ignorant... they are from the middle east and they dont know sh!t about Europe at all

Middle east ignorant guys who know shit about Europe :howler: OK, just let them live in their darkness, who cares ?

MagyarGyerek
February 11th, 2008, 02:27
i dont care who they r or where they come from... I want them 2 recognize

Dan_895
February 11th, 2008, 04:19
The thing is that they are extemely ignorant... they are from the middle east and they dont know sh!t about Europe at all, let alone HUN... n i guess im a real proud magyar and they keep teasin me (esp. when we lose in football to teams like Malta and Moldova... :S) about bein HUN and that i have nothin 2 b proud about. And i've had enough... i'm gonna put together a google document full of links, articles, pics jus 2 really show em why I am proud 2 b MAGYAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAR! :)

HELL YEAH ! Lol XD me they teased me at school for being Hungarian as well..mostly becuz of the nt team tho lol. Like Mgy said when we lost to Malta and Moldova it was horrible for me. What's interesting is that in my case the middle east guys were ok..it was mostly Polish students and Croatians who laughed lol.

EddieTheHun
February 14th, 2008, 13:10
hey MG, if its middle eastern ppl that give you trouble, tell them that our language is a one of the decendants from the oldest civilization dating back 7000 years, that was located in southern Iraq (Mesopetania). Our language is Uralic(finnish and estonian as well) and is listed as a relative from the sumi language, check out http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sumerian_language. My father in law has read books where it alledges that the hungarian language has more words the same or simular to sumarian than any other language including arabic or hebrew. Also if you read about the sumer civilization. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sumer, read the names of the cities, some even sound hungarian, but the most interesting for me is that ppl of sumer were advanced with invetions and technology, just like hungarians from computers to ball point pens, we also boast the most saints and nobel prize winners. hope this helps :)

szövkap
February 14th, 2008, 17:28
no offense mate, but for me being linguist and familiar with language history in general and ural-altayic stuff in particular, this sumerian theories sound like utter nonsense. as the wiki article says "Sumerian has been the subject of controversial proposals purportedly identifying it as genetically related with almost every known agglutinative language. As the most ancient known language, it has a peculiar prestige, and such proposals sometimes have a nationalistic background and generally enjoy little popularity in the linguistic community because of their inverifiability. Many of the proposed connections belong to the realm of pseudoscientific language comparison rather than scientific comparative linguistics."

anyway, we do have a great and rich language and we know it. :)

EddieTheHun
February 15th, 2008, 02:49
no offense mate, but for me being linguist and familiar with language history in general and ural-altayic stuff in particular, this sumerian theories sound like utter nonsense. as the wiki article says "Sumerian has been the subject of controversial proposals purportedly identifying it as genetically related with almost every known agglutinative language. As the most ancient known language, it has a peculiar prestige, and such proposals sometimes have a nationalistic background and generally enjoy little popularity in the linguistic community because of their inverifiability. Many of the proposed connections belong to the realm of pseudoscientific language comparison rather than scientific comparative linguistics."

anyway, we do have a great and rich language and we know it. :)

hi szovkop, all im saying is that my father in law read a book by ppl who studyed the sumerian language and they claim that hungarian is the closest related language, something like 60-80 simular words, it is a only a theoery cos the sumerians lived like 7000 years ago, but the author of the research believes it to be true. i guess if he was german he would beleive german to be the closest related language. but if u like i can ask him what the book is called and or who the author is

szövkap
February 15th, 2008, 02:54
never mind Eddie, I have read once such a book as well, maybe it was the same, can't remember the author though, but that book didn't convince me due to its rather low scientific standards.

Florian1972
February 16th, 2008, 11:03
Magyargyerek,

May I make an invaluable suggestion, buy this book off of www.Amazon.com called the "The Hungarians, A Thousand Years of Victory in Defeat" written by the noble and respected historian Paul Lendvai. It is about $30, and only get the English translation! It is the one of the greatest historical investments you'll make ever make, it enlightened me and actually shaped me about the past and future. There's a chapter fully dedicated to great Hungarians of the past, inventors, geniuses, politicians, ect i.e. 18 Nobel prizes awared to Hungarians, per capita the highest among the nations.

It's an incredible read, there's a section in the book where 18th century nationalist Hungarian historians were so aplomb of themselves that they taught that Adam and Eve actually spoke Hungarian in the Garden of Eden, and that Homer and Hercules were Hungarians. Wonderful subjective rational material, its the best historiography of Hungary I've ever read.

Buy this book, you'll be richly rewarded for the wisdom Magyargyerek, and read it cover to cover.

SAD ANDY
February 17th, 2008, 15:15
Why only get the English translation? :googly:

Florian1972
February 25th, 2008, 23:58
Why only get the English translation? :googly:

Well Dark Andy, unless you speak and understand high German or Hungarian, the English translation is the way to go. The translation by Anne Major is incredibly impressive just for English's sake alone. Buy the book, its well written from a 3rd perspective.

SAD ANDY
February 26th, 2008, 00:17
Yeah, but I think most of us here understand high Hungarian. :googly:

MagyarGyerek
February 26th, 2008, 00:23
lmao, High Hungarian :D

Florian1972
February 26th, 2008, 00:37
Andy,

Then buy the book in Hungarian if you want, I only understand high English and that's what you get with the English trans. I can't even rub two sentences together in Hungarian anymore.

To Magyargyerek: - Dobo Istvan aszt mondja hogy vegyed meg eszt a konyvet. Latod mijen szarul beszelek most mar. Jol olvasni valo. Ha akarod, en egy uj konyvet kuldom nedek, es en fizetem mindent.

http://www.ncr-rottmann.de/images/Dobo.jpg

SAD ANDY
February 26th, 2008, 03:14
lol

Florian1972
February 26th, 2008, 05:23
Yeah I know Andy, my Magyar is nagyon szegeny. I prefer high English, I love English, what can I say - I took the advanced English baccalaurette program in high school to get into the Univ of California, though I probably misspelled baccalaurette since I've a few beers. Here's to Lord Byron!

God knows and loves high English Andy.

Aron
February 26th, 2008, 05:45
Heres the deal:

Last week was multi cultural week at my uni and like there is no association for magyars so it jus sucked and all of my friends were teasin me sayin HUN sucks and dat I have nothin 2 b proud of cuz im HUN... and NOW I wanna prove em wrong but I need help :D I jus don't know where 2 start...

I know we got a good sporting background
I know we have famous people in science
I know we have da best ladies in da world
I know we have great food and wine
I know we have a rich history

But how can I say this and use facts and what not to proove it?! I need help!!!

Those idiots obviously have no idea what they're talking about. All you gotta do is show em this, not just the sports, but any category really...

http://www.webenetics.com/hungary/sports.htm

Florian1972
February 26th, 2008, 06:03
Magyargyerek

If you ever come to America, all you gotta do is drop these names:

George "Papa Bear" Halas - father of the NFL
Larry Csonka
Don Shula
Joe Namath
Johnny Weissmueller - the one and only Tarzan
Monica Seles
Martina Hingis
Bernie Kosar
Joe Theismann
Karch Kiraly - volleyballer of the century
Julius Boros - golfing legend
Les Horvath - Ohio State's first Heisman winner.
Maria Judith Remenyi - Miss America 1966
Joe Medwick - baseball Hall of Famer

... you are talking about people with Hungarian roots in America, and that's just only in sport. :)

ÚjpestGillsBhoy
February 26th, 2008, 09:45
Czech family - George "Papa Bear" Halas - father of the NFL

ethnic German - Johnny Weissmueller - the one and only Tarzan

Czech/Slovak - Martina Hingis

:confused:

Bentex
February 26th, 2008, 09:50
Martina Hingis' father is Hungarian from Kassa. He's done several interviews in Hungarian to the media.

ÚjpestGillsBhoy
February 26th, 2008, 09:56
Cool. Just my "knowledge" about them. That's why the question marks.

szövkap
February 26th, 2008, 18:35
Czech family - George "Papa Bear" Halas - father of the NFL

ethnic German - Johnny Weissmueller - the one and only Tarzan

Czech/Slovak - Martina Hingis

:confused:

weissmüller jános was a jewish hungarian, therefore the strange german sounding name ;)

Pista
February 29th, 2008, 18:06
Magyargyerek,

May I make an invaluable suggestion, buy this book off of www.Amazon.com called the "The Hungarians, A Thousand Years of Victory in Defeat" written by the noble and respected historian Paul Lendvai. It is about $30, and only get the English translation! It is the one of the greatest historical investments you'll make ever make, it enlightened me and actually shaped me about the past and future. There's a chapter fully dedicated to great Hungarians of the past, inventors, geniuses, politicians, ect i.e. 18 Nobel prizes awared to Hungarians, per capita the highest among the nations.

It's an incredible read, there's a section in the book where 18th century nationalist Hungarian historians were so aplomb of themselves that they taught that Adam and Eve actually spoke Hungarian in the Garden of Eden, and that Homer and Hercules were Hungarians. Wonderful subjective rational material, its the best historiography of Hungary I've ever read.

Buy this book, you'll be richly rewarded for the wisdom Magyargyerek, and read it cover to cover.

My son reading it now and after he's done, I'll get it. He says it's fantastic.

Pista
February 29th, 2008, 18:18
Six weeks ago I found the younger brother of one of my best friends from my birth town in Hungary, well he's into the geneology of my town. He got my parent's lineage back to 1681. Found out that my great-great grandfather's house was transported to a museum in Szombathely and that my parents were 4th cousins. I was in that museum about 13 years ago and probably went into the house and never knew it belong to my family.

I'm a bonafide peasant and proud of it! Anyone else have their geneology done?

Seems the Mormons in the USA have microfisched most records throughout the world and they give the data away for free., that's where he got them and others were photod at my town's church.

Aruns
July 26th, 2008, 16:15
weissmüller jános was a jewish hungarian, therefore the strange german sounding name ;)

Exactly. And the Germans in Hungary are a special ethnic group (I'm a half German also, so I know it well:P) For example after Trianon, masses of Germans fled from the territory, ceded to Romania. And where? Not to Germany, not to Austria, but to Hungary. Evidently because we so brutally oppressed our nationalities:P

Bentex
May 26th, 2010, 08:12
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v41/bentex/44edaa4f.jpg

Andor
May 26th, 2010, 08:22
:worship:

Kajoo
May 28th, 2010, 00:15
:kiss:

Hunnis
June 18th, 2010, 13:29
I was bullied for 5 years for being Hungarian.

The swedish word for Hungary is Ungern, and it rhymes on "ungnen" (oven) "djungeln" (jungle) and "pungen" (scrotum:p) and they disst me for it all the time from i was 11 to 16 years old.

I remember how many times i was to depressed to go to school. But does days i went to school tried to say something back i was beat up by the arabs, damn coward arabs, really hate does camel fu*kers.

Bentex
June 18th, 2010, 22:35
I was bullied for 5 years becuse i of my Hungarian roots.

The swedish word for Hungary is Ungern, and it rhymes on ungnen (oven) djungeln (jungle) and pungen (scrotum:p) and they disst me for it all the time from i was 11 to 16.

I remeber how many times i was to depressed to go to school. And if i tried to say something back i was bet up, damn coward arabs, realy hate does camel fu*kers.

Why is it there are lots of Iranians in Sweden? and Algerians in France, Pakistanis in England, Turks in Germany and Moroccans in Holland?

Sorry, I can't make sense of your posts...but I was wondering if you can make sense of something else I don't understand.

Hunnis
June 18th, 2010, 23:24
Why is it there are lots of Iranians in Sweden? and Algerians in France, Pakistanis in England, Turks in Germany and Moroccans in Holland?

Sorry, I can't make sense of your posts...but I was wondering if you can make sense of something else I don't understand.

My english is not so good but what do you not understand in my post:P?

They are not so many iranians in sweden, they are most arabs, somalians and kurds. Many of the are criminals to using the system.

For exmpel, in Sweden, arab killed a 70 year old woman. The wmans husband told the arab to not to park in the handikap spot, the arab went beserk and pusht the womans husband over then when the woman tried to stop the arab dude, he punsht her in the face so she fell to the ground, but did the arab stopp hitting her? Noo he countined and she died.

And the sentence for the arab? 8 years? Noo he was found not guilty.

This pepole love the west becuse they do not need to work. They do not realy care about rules and they can almost do what ever they want, and the country take care of them, stupd fu*ks i say.

But now europieans are starting to get tierd, many right wing parties are winnig seats in the parlaments around EU.

EDIT: Of course not all of the immigrants are criminals, but most pepole who come to EU from the middel east are problem makers.

Bentex
June 19th, 2010, 00:08
And guess what, he's an FTC supporter :D