Arabic Commentators [Archive] - Xtratime Community

Arabic Commentators

Rhizoid
February 11th, 2007, 13:23
I always forget the names of the Arabic commentators on ART/Jazeera/AD Sport etc. over the years...

I'm going to write a few descriptions...can anyone name them for me? Just want to update a personal database..in my head for general knowled :pp

From ART:

- Tunisian/Afrique du Nord guy who screams his butt off when Gary Neville still has the ball in defense and is about to take a shot :howler:..."El koouuuraaaa fi wost el meeedaaan, wa khateera, yusaddedd...Allaaaaaaahhhhh..." (you catch the drift)

- There is also that bald guy. I know what he looks like...just dont know his name. Has a strong voice, lisp, is bald in the middle with hair on the side.

- An Emarati who last year got a promotion on ART and hosts his own show now. Used to wear a suit and necktie in the studio as a commentator...now wears traditional Gulf dresscode while presenting his own show. Was very loud.

Al Jazeera

- The main Tunisian or "Afrique du Nord" host of Calcio and La Liga futbol. A bit plump and has a moustache.

---------

Those are the ones off the top of my head...I can literally see them, yet have no idea what their names are. :embarass:

Thanks in advance.

Assassin
February 11th, 2007, 14:30
I think you mean Issam El-Shawali the Tunisian in your first discription. He is just awesome:star:

The bold guy is Khalid El-Ghoul. He is Jordanian:D The dude is a football enclopedya. Not a great commentator but an awesome reporter.

Now this one is the worset ever! Adnan Hamad knows absolutely about anything that has anything to do with commentating! He is just terrible!

I do not know the rest.

I love two Egyptian commentatores on Dubai Sport channel(always forget his name even though he is great and take Argentine football) and Abu Dhabi Sport, I think his is Ahmed Al-Tayeb, the dude is a legend! There is that Emirati dude on Abo Dhabi who cried when UAE won over Saudi Arabia.

Nerazzurri4life
February 11th, 2007, 17:10
Al Jazeera

- The main Tunisian or "Afrique du Nord" host of Calcio and La Liga futbol. A bit plump and has a moustache.

Hicham El Khalsi.

I love two Egyptian commentatores on Dubai Sport channel(always forget his name even though he is great and take Argentine football)

That would be Essam Abdo. A bit fickle though don't you think?

P.S. As far as I'm concerned, El Tayeb pisses all over the rest, sadly he currently works for Qatari sports channel - El Kas.

Ahlawy
February 12th, 2007, 03:49
Essam El Shawaly and Raouf Ben Khlifa gotta be the best out there right now. I enjoy listening to them even if the game is boring.

Real_Madrid
February 12th, 2007, 06:28
Yousef Saif is the best :star:

Assassin
February 12th, 2007, 09:59
Yousef Saif is the best :star:

You are kidding right?

He was amusing when he first appeared with his rants but he is not even remotely funny anymore!

AT19
February 15th, 2007, 11:50
Al Shawali is amazing :thumbsup: The rest on ART are crap.

I agree with Pooh, Yousef Saif's commentary got boring in the last year. But I still love him because he'll come up with the odd commentary that will just crack you up.

One guy you forgot to mention is M7mmad Ali M7mmad (I think I got the name right, he's the Egyptian fellow on Al Jazeera, thin and wears glasses). This guy is good, if he's talkin he's analyzing the game and football in general, and does a good job of it. Very often do I agree with him. I also like him because he has good knowledge of La Liga :thumbsup:

Nerazzurri4life
February 16th, 2007, 16:16
Ali Mohamed Ali.

He's alright. A tad boring though.

King Kenny7
February 16th, 2007, 16:24
The best thing about watching the EPL on ART...... is having the option of switching to english commentators. They just piss me off and worst of all are the 'analysts' they have during the CL games :yuck:

I liked Ayman Jada best tbh. Of the current crop, Al Tayyeb is good and Yousif Saif is decent, although he tends to be too annoying at times..

AT19
February 16th, 2007, 18:13
Ali Mohamed Ali.

He's alright. A tad boring though.

I didn't say I like him cause he's entertaining ;)

But Serie A has it the worst, with Ali al Ka3bi :yuck: :D

Kopite
March 16th, 2007, 08:38
in Arsenal vs Villa match on ART .. Hazem was insisting to call villa team ( HAMMAERS ) :D .. With any dangerous ball or chance directly say .. oh hammers .. they `ll eat Gunners and damage them ... etc:pp

While we all know whom are the Hammers ==> West Ham :party:

Cheers , :howler:

Rhizoid
March 16th, 2007, 10:00
:wallbang:

this is what pisses me off at Arab commentators sometimes. It's like they're so proud that they know a bit of history or knowledge that they keep repeating it on and on...even if it's incorrect.

Med7at Shalabi, guest commentator for World Cups/Euro's on TeleLiban, Lebanese national TV used to have a classic one during Euro 2000:

"Fil montakhab al Itaali, fi talata Pag-gyo. Dino Pag-gyo, Roperto Pag-yo, waaa...Lui-gee do Pa-gyo. Ya3ne 3aa'elat Pag-yo heya ma3roufa awi fil kora el Italiya!"

:howler:

modee
March 16th, 2007, 21:44
the tunisian guy on art is the worst especially when henry gets the ball YA GHAZAL YA GHAZAL
and then theres BILMILIMETER YA7ABIBI

AT19
March 17th, 2007, 09:15
"Fil montakhab al Itaali, fi talata Pag-gyo. Dino Pag-gyo, Roperto Pag-yo, waaa...Lui-gee do Pa-gyo. Ya3ne 3aa'elat Pag-yo heya ma3roufa awi fil kora el Italiya!"

:D :D :D

Assassin
March 18th, 2007, 13:40
:D :D :D

As funny as that, no commetatore in the whole world beats Al-Moaidi when it comes to his retarded stupid arse comments!

AT19
March 18th, 2007, 14:33

Yep! I can't argue with that.

Natalya
March 18th, 2007, 15:00
in Arsenal vs Villa match on ART .. Hazem was insisting to call villa team ( HAMMAERS ) :D .. With any dangerous ball or chance directly say .. oh hammers .. they `ll eat Gunners and damage them ... etc:pp

While we all know whom are the Hammers ==> West Ham :party:

Cheers , :howler:

Grrrrrr ... this man is now on my hitlist. Comparing the mighty Aston Villa with that cheap team from East London :fero:

rawad
March 30th, 2007, 21:09
I would pay to hear Yousif saif commentary on Ronaldino's tricks :D got the chance to see the clip of the bicycle goal against Villareal, just awesome, legendary stuff by yousif saif.. ya saaaalaaam ya salaaaamm :D
Shawwali is great, but sometimes i got headache hering his constant shouting, he fills the spaces between words with words..
Ghoul knows the best.
Ali is a jinx for barca, we suffered whenever he commentated on our matches last season :rollani:

m3aidi is the besstttttt :drunk:

Puyol
March 30th, 2007, 22:07
are you kidding me, Mo3aidi beats them all by a mile in crappiness, one example:
during the england VS Holland game
Roood Van (nistelrooy) we Mark Van (bommel),
long pause
aaaahhh yabdo anahoma e5wah

Assassin
March 30th, 2007, 23:50
:dielaugh:

Rhizoid
April 8th, 2007, 07:49

Jibril
April 8th, 2007, 20:54
I dont know his name, but there was this guy comentating Roma vs Man Utd last week. He was allright, except that every move Ronaldo made he was wanking all over it -- He sounded like the Arabic version of John Motson.

MK-Inter
April 8th, 2007, 22:09
Ali Mohammed Ali i think his name is....he class

cox
April 10th, 2007, 04:37
any videos please of your best comentators !!

thank u

KHALID
July 13th, 2008, 15:33

this is what pisses me off at Arab commentators sometimes. It's like they're so proud that they know a bit of history or knowledge that they keep repeating it on and on...even if it's incorrect.

Med7at Shalabi, guest commentator for World Cups/Euro's on TeleLiban, Lebanese national TV used to have a classic one during Euro 2000:

looooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooool

KHALID
July 13th, 2008, 15:34
As funny as that, no commetatore in the whole world beats Al-Moaidi when it comes to his retarded stupid arse comments!

"hadaf jameel lakin lam yosajilho el la3ib bi qadamo (then paaaaause), sajalo bi 3aqlooo" :pp ya with the right side of the brain :howler:

KHALID
July 13th, 2008, 15:39
Ahmad el tayib definitly in euro2008 was on top.....yousef saif ok but tends to bullshit (ana dayman knt agool 1+1 = 2, lakin el yoom el montakhab el hollandi kasar el mo3adala!!) now what the hell that means :pp

Rhizoid
July 13th, 2008, 19:11
looooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooool

Hehe

Yeah Med7at Shalabi one was classic man...I mean..people used to call in and praise him.

The funniest part was when a 12 yr old Lebanese kid called in and asked,

"3ammou Mid7at, meen bit shajje3 bil Mondial?"

Med7at replies, "Habibi, ana bashaga3ak enta."

:D

Rhizoid
July 13th, 2008, 19:13
Ciro Ferrara in Euro 2000, was "Seero Faraa. Yad walad ya la3eeb ya seero, sakhrat al difaa3 al Itaaly."

Rhizoid
July 13th, 2008, 19:15
...actually come to think of it, I remember sending in a text message which was supposed to display on the TV screen during Euro matches back then. I wrote "DI BIAGIO IS NOT PART OF THE BAGGIO FAMILY MR. MIDHAT!!!!"

But they never aired it :pp

They usually displayed my, "Forza Juve!!! Forza Italia!!!" sms's though :proud:

KHALID
July 14th, 2008, 00:39
hahaha no arab comentator managed to correctly say ole gunna solskajer :pp sooooleeejjjjkaaaaaaaaare lol mo3edi used to struggle with paul gascoine, "bool jaskooon" lol la bantalooooon ahsan :pp

and lets not even talk about the german player shweinsteiger hahaha

walla doktooooor 3ala2 sadi2 haha doktoorat fil zira3a akeed....

Kopite
July 14th, 2008, 11:01

:D :D
where have this thread been?
actually, i want to laugh at like these comments

..... ya 3aa'elat Pag-yooo a7bkum aweeeeeee hehehehhehe :D

Kopite
July 14th, 2008, 11:24
Ahmad el tayib definitly in euro2008 was on top.....yousef saif ok but tends to bullshit (ana dayman knt agool 1+1 = 2, lakin el yoom el montakhab el hollandi kasar el mo3adala!!) now what the hell that means :pp

but, lesh ya3ne .. does it a difficult mo3adala to be answered or (kasar) it as he said??? LOL :D

i should add el-ka3bi and ali mohammed ali who were in their top performing during the euro.:thumbsup:

yousef is an experienced one who really have a large base of fans who like him... in la liga (madrid v barca) in particular.:smileani:

Rhizoid
July 14th, 2008, 12:50
KHALID - min wein el asel?

KHALID
July 14th, 2008, 19:38
KHALID - min wein el asel?

min el ordon, balad sheeekh el mo3aliqeeen el mo3aidi :pp

KHALID
July 14th, 2008, 19:47
but, lesh ya3ne .. does it a difficult mo3adala to be answered or (kasar) it as he said??? LOL :D

i should add el-ka3bi and ali mohammed ali who were in their top performing during the euro.:thumbsup:

yousef is an experienced one who really have a large base of fans who like him... in la liga (madrid v barca) in particular.:smileani:

ali el ka3bi easy on the ear BUT he doesnt flow like yousif , sootooo mish moseeeeeeeeqeeeeeeeee :pp i dont know which one is ali mohammed ali ? moroccan or gulfie this guy? remind me which match he was on and i will remember............

aljazeera commentators 10 times better than ART thou, i hate this issam shawli keeps barking all match u cant even focus who is playing.....adnaaan hamad i wouldnt even call that commentating, its more like "rade7" lol

but no one comes closer to ahmed el tayib - best arab comentator alive...:

Turkey v Croatia (last minute goal)

"3amaloooha khalasooooha, wi bi shmaalhooom sagilooooha, take it eazy take it eazy, na3am inahom el atraaaak ya 3azeeeeezi , take it eazy take it eazy, kaaan 7ilm gameeel"

Holland v Italy (van bronkhost)

"na3am inaha el bortoooooooqala, al bortoooqala el holandia, wi adi eli 2asharha , wadi eli salimha, wadi el sagilha, tislam rasak wi 3eeeneeek, da goal yodaras fi kotooob el tareeekh!!"

meanwhile yousef seeef - Holland vs France (4th goal sneijder)

"yaaaaaaaaabbaaaaaaaaaaaa :pp yabaaaa 3al leeegaaaah yaaaaaaabaaaa :pp (its like someone selling sheep lol) yabbaaah 3aligah yabbaaa, shooof shooof keeef 3allaaaag el kooorah (whatever that means?!! hanged the ball?!), wil yooom yaksir el mo3adala bla bla bla"....i love his voice thou :smileani:

and lets not forget hamada imaaam, who gave football 2 phrases:

"wi gowa el goooooooooooooaaaaaaaaaaaaal" (ya DuuuuH! we know when u score its gowa not barra el goal :pp)

and then he invented

"wi hooooooooooooobbbbbbbbbbbaaaaaaaaaaaa, yaaaaaaaaaaaaah" :pp

enough said! :pp

the one who made me really laugh once was khaled el ghoul, he is so into politics and pro-palestine, so i was watching chelsea v wigan, khaled tab3an against avran grant lino min israel, fa i swear this is what he said:

"kamaaaaa toshahidooon modarib chelsea gheeer mobtasim, ma3 inoo fareeeqo motqadim 1-0, lakin dayman grant gheer mobtasim, na3am hatha howa taba3 el sahayeeenah da2iman la yabstismooon wi mkashreeeeen" !!!!! :pp i was stunned to say the least.....

Rhizoid
July 15th, 2008, 06:30
the one who made me really laugh once was khaled el ghoul, he is so into politics and pro-palestine, so i was watching chelsea v wigan, khaled tab3an against avran grant lino min israel, fa i swear this is what he said:

"kamaaaaa toshahidooon modarib chelsea gheeer mobtasim, ma3 inoo fareeeqo motqadim 1-0, lakin dayman grant gheer mobtasim, na3am hatha howa taba3 el sahayeeenah da2iman la yabstismooon wi mkashreeeeen" !!!!! :pp i was stunned to say the least.....

:howler: that one is gold!!

Actually I notice Al Jazeera commentators tend to bring up the Arab/Israel subject sometimes. So far twice I heard them...forgot which Liverpool FA Cup game, Yossi Benayoun had the ball, and suddenly the commentator got all emotional, "La3eb, Ben3ayoun...tab3an, al la3eb....Israeeli....*pauses*....*sighs*....Ya3nee ....yaa reit. atamanna. Enno khalas, akthar min khamsouna 3aaman sira3. yaa reit, bas al dawla sahyouniya, yourayi7ouna li na3eesh fi salaam ma3 ba3ed. Bas lil asaf, hatha lam ya7dath. Fi jamee3 al a7waal, Allah ygaweehom li akhwanna fi Filisteen. Siraa3 akhathat shohada katheer.....wal koura ma3 Xabi Alonso..yumarirhaa.....:

No joke I thought I was listening to a Nasrallah speech :pp

The funniest Arab/Israel reference, i posted it in the Euro 2008 forum:

Al Jazeera - Holland vs. Italy-

"Rabbana yastor ashiqaa'na fi Lubnan ba3da hatha el Euro. 3a shan fi 3aam 1982, faazat Italia fi ka's al 3alam wa Israeel ijtaa7at Lubnan. Wa fi 2006 faazat Italia aydan fi ka's al 3alam wa Israeel ijtaa7at Lubnan! Wa fi 7aal Italia faazat fil Euro 2008, moumkin Israeel tajta7 Lubnan!! Ya3ni balad sagheer laysat ma7thouthan lamma al mountakhab al Itali yafouz fil dawraat al koubra."

:D

But this is nothing compared to La Liga commentary, when they get into Islamic history in Spain :howler: I mean why the history lesson??! :googly: You have Al Jazeera news channel to learn about that!!

Nerazzurri4life
July 15th, 2008, 11:03
I remember watching Toulouse-Liverpool last summer, Al Jazeera's Lebanese commentator/presenter (mostly the latter, he almost never commentates on matches) Hussein Yassine commentated on that game. Every time Benayoun touched the ball he totally ignored him by avoiding to mention his name. As if he didn't exist on the field of play. Thought that was cheeky, got a good chuckle out of it.

Luckily for him he didn't score. ;) :D

Oh - Ali Mohamed Ali is Egyptian, KHALID. The guy with the glasses. Don't like him myself. Too umm..pale. BOOORING.

Nerazzurri4life
July 15th, 2008, 11:26
Medhat Shalaby jems :D :proud:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2DcIlKZoLKA&feature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4AoTYU3gTgM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1BL3H2WSYMk

Nerazzurri4life
July 15th, 2008, 13:25

I actually think he overdid it in the Euros, but there's no doubt that the man knows his football. :thumbsup: Been a fan since his days of Calcio commentating on ADSC.

The Turkey goal

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JfoCwW591cs

I remember him commentating on Atalatna-Inter this season, and after Balotelli scored he said...errr.sang.. :D

"Asmar ya Asmarany..eh asak 3alehom...Asmar ya Asmarany..3amalt leh keda fihom"

:proud:

Assassin
July 16th, 2008, 08:28
Ahmed Al-Taib is the only reason I still believe in Arabic commentators. Issam Shawali is great as well. I love his way! Yousif Saif is a jackarse with a lovely voice but he is absolutely ignorant when it comes to football.

El-Moaidi is just a legendary. If you want to laugh even if your team having having their arses handed to them on a golden plat, El-Moaidi is the commentator for that game! He is just out of this world!

Rhizoid
July 16th, 2008, 19:05
I remember watching Toulouse-Liverpool last summer, Al Jazeera's Lebanese commentator/presenter (mostly the latter, he almost never commentates on matches) Hussein Yassine commentated on that game. Every time Benayoun touched the ball he totally ignored him by avoiding to mention his name. As if he didn't exist on the field of play. Thought that was cheeky, got a good chuckle out of it.

Luckily for him he didn't score. ;) :D

Oh - Ali Mohamed Ali is Egyptian, KHALID. The guy with the glasses. Don't like him myself. Too umm..pale. BOOORING.

Good observation. ;)

Hussein Yassin used to present the sports news, and commentary on football games for Al Manar TV...which is the Mouqawama (Hezballah) channel. I'm sure he has a direct personal issue with Israel, since he's from South Lebanon. I won't elaborate more (no politics)....but you get the picture by now.

Kopite
January 28th, 2010, 10:20
i watched last night aston villa vs arsenal match on showtime sport, it was an interesting to watch but the commentator, fahad alotaibi did piss me off. he was a very noisy and try to imitate commentators like issam alshawali and abu fasial, 3li alka3bi. :)

btw, he has a positive point that he is a fan of liverpool as i heard. ;)

MK-Inter
February 14th, 2010, 16:45
For Jazeera Viewre's , there used to be a Commentor like 3 years ago , I catched him for about one season in 06-07 then he left , he retired or something and they did make a send of for him. Anyone remeber his name ?

MK-Inter
February 14th, 2010, 17:03
I actually think he overdid it in the Euros, but there's no doubt that the man knows his football. :thumbsup: Been a fan since his days of Calcio commentating on ADSC.

The Turkey goal

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JfoCwW591cs

I remember him commentating on Atalatna-Inter this season, and after Balotelli scored he said...errr.sang.. :D

"Asmar ya Asmarany..eh asak 3alehom...Asmar ya Asmarany..3amalt leh keda fihom"

:proud:

Ya Allah 3al ta3leek , thats a masterpeice of commenting. Really was surprised. Were is this commentor now. I didn't catch much of Euro matches on Jazeera , first time I hear this commentor.

MK-Inter
February 14th, 2010, 17:07
Medhat Shalaby jems :D :proud:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2DcIlKZoLKA&feature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4AoTYU3gTgM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1BL3H2WSYMk

Mashallah , That is one amazing commentor. Really got shocked by the first video :D

Rhizoid
February 15th, 2010, 09:24
I just remembered this gem, from recent Milan-Inter derby:

"Sbecial wan Sbecial wan, al Inter ma3aak nambar wan!!!"

LOL!!!

:howler: :D

Kopite
February 20th, 2010, 12:02
For Jazeera Viewre's , there used to be a Commentor like 3 years ago , I catched him for about one season in 06-07 then he left , he retired or something and they did make a send of for him. Anyone remeber his name ?

then, did you mean Ahmed Altaib?

i missed him too, he was commenting for "alkass channel". i think he worked for aljazeera only during euro 06. then he disappeared.

no doubt he`s one of the best football commentators in arab world.

MK-Inter
February 27th, 2010, 16:35
Just remebered I think it was Issa al harabain. Anyone remeber him ? were is he now ?

Kopite
February 27th, 2010, 17:58
issa is a saudi commentator, i think he is working in art sport channels after the he had worked for aljazeera.. i missed him recently, i`ll check about him.

MK-Inter
March 7th, 2010, 03:10
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ge4Wr73jweY&feature=related :D

Lol'd at the commenting for the goal.

Kopite
March 8th, 2010, 10:41
actually the goal is more wonderful than the commentating.:D

zidane is a class! :star:

Kopite
March 11th, 2010, 07:03
i would say that Ali Saeed ALka3bi has a big drop in his commentating, the main reason for that he try to create stories and keep commentating about things not related to the game itself. i noticed that twice this week ( Roma vs Milan) last Sat & ( Manutd vs Milan ) last night.

Kopite
March 13th, 2010, 09:21
Ahmed Al-Taib is still working in Alkass sport channel. he commentated in qatari league yesterday. i`m not piss off that but i think he`s better be in aljazeera JSC which covers the european leagues. he used to commentate calcio games brilliantly.

dabdob
May 21st, 2010, 12:15
Any video of ALi Hmaid (The Emarati) commentating African Nationa Cup 1994?

Kopite
May 21st, 2010, 18:01
Ali Hamid is one of the best commnetators ever.

jehs1Nz8VAs
Tevez`s goal for alhilal vs alnassr in saudi league

Jb8dNi4xzcs

madrid vs manutd

dabdob
May 22nd, 2010, 11:00
Nice ones, but I am looking for CAN 1994, especially the semi final between Nigeria and Ivory coast.

Kopite
May 22nd, 2010, 11:08
unfortunately i could not find it, let us just try again.

Rhizoid
May 25th, 2010, 05:47
Essam al Shawali totally milked it during the CL final on Jazeera +6!!

During the replay for Milito's second goal he decided to do "real time" commentary as if was live action again...he says "kermalak" for Milito!! LOL! :howler: and he gives Lebanon and Syria credit for the "kermalak" expression! loooool the guy is a complete nutcase, but he cracks me up so much...!! :howler: :D

"EEL PRINC-EE-PEH!! INTAAA AL AMEEER INTAAA AL MALIK!!! ZAY MA BI QOULO AL LEBNANEYEEN WUL SOURIYEEN...ANA KERMAALEK BA3ALLIQ MARRA THANYA 3ALA AL E3AADA! MILITO YI RAWEGH VAN BUYTEN, MISH MOMKIN, YOUSADID, GOOOOOLLLLLL!"

Kopite
May 26th, 2010, 12:45
awesome. :D :D

Rhizoid
May 27th, 2010, 15:46
3alla2 marten 3al hadaf...looool :howler:

majnoun

Kopite
May 28th, 2010, 07:26
lol, i think he feels more comfortable after he joined aljazeera. i mean in terms of stability during his work at art sport channel. isn`t he?

Kopite
June 5th, 2010, 06:03
BTW, which commentator(s) will you follow in the WC? for me i`ll watch this tournament on ALjazerra channels.

for me, i`ll try to follow ALSHWALI, Raoof, Yosif Saif the most among their commentators with my hope they all do well insha`allah. :)

MK-Inter
June 9th, 2010, 19:22
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UdlabINuAK8&feature=related Hahahah mashallah Brilliaant

MK-Inter
June 10th, 2010, 14:48
And for Shawaly I truley think he's crazy :

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cqkUBnYSbW8&feature=related :D :Proud:

Kopite
June 11th, 2010, 09:33
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UdlabINuAK8&feature=related Hahahah mashallah Brilliaant

ana shuft hathi el7alqah live 3ala eljazerra, this sudanese was awesome commentator. :thumbsup:

And for Shawaly I truley think he's crazy :

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cqkUB...eature=related :D :proud:

:D :thumbsup:

MK-Inter
June 14th, 2010, 18:41
Alot of my family members were over for the first day of the WC , and in the France-Uruguay match loool at how many people disliked Shawaly.

Out of like 13 people in the room only me and my uncle liked him. He's disliked by alot of people as they considered him annoying :D I love him though.

- I could listin to him Commenting on goals and get me more excited ans hyped then any other song. Though I think he's rude and get to passionate sometimes , I remeber I think it was Pedro's goal in Barca's final match were they scored a beauty team-work goal he was calling crazy for the reply and calling the director '' Jahel '' for not putting the reply right away hahaha.

Kopite
June 15th, 2010, 07:22
in this wc, aljazeera has been providing a wonderful options for fans in terms of commentating. you know there are 2 commentators for each match which help you to pick the one you like to hear him by only a click in your remote control. so, fans won`t be bother anymore. :):thumbsup:

MK-Inter
June 16th, 2010, 19:31
Yea but who would turn off chawaly :D Love his Exaggeration and his poems

Kopite
June 17th, 2010, 13:24
hehe me too, he`s funny sometimes. ;)

Kopite
June 20th, 2010, 10:18
i like the way that both 7afieth Daraj and Yousef Saif commentating in Algeria vs England match. i know they work for Aljazerra which an arabic one. but they were so biased for algeria.

you know that english team is also supported in the middle east and arabian countries. i know 7afieth is algerian, but what about Yousif? does he the right to biased like that?

cheekyton
July 9th, 2010, 23:13
When my friend recently told me that his enjoyment of the World Cup had been spoiled by an ugly, persistent, low-pitched background noise, I naturally assumed that he was complaining about the much-maligned vuvuzela. But no, he was actually referring to an Arabic “football commentator” on Al Jazeera Sports called Issam Al Showali . I decided to tune in myself to see if he was as hideous as my friend said he was. Indeed he was. Give me a vuvuzela over this man anytime. Hell, his voice is about as welcome in my home as a tax demand. On top of this he seems to have an acute case of verbal diarrhoea, apparently derived from an insane notion that he thinks he needs to keep talking incessantly in case the match descends into a farcical state of suspended animation without his verbal support.

Also I was once reading a newspaper with a game on TV in the background. All of a sudden Issam seemed to get highly excited, even hysterical. I instinctively looked up at the TV expecting to see a celebration of some glorious bicycle-kicked goal, only to be disappointed to witness a harmless throw-in somewhere near the halfway line with no evidence of anything unusual (let alone exciting) happening beforehand. I also found it particularly annoying when he tried to shamelessly mimic the “GOOOOOOAAAAAAAAALLL!!” cry of South American commentators, whilst obviously lacking both their verve and their timing. Shame as he looks like a nice guy otherwise.

Sorry Issam, but on behalf of my friends all we can say is stop trying so hard mate and be more natural. Less is more: it takes much more than passion to make a good football commentator. We recognise that you can’t do much about your coarse voice, but please stop your demented and irritating babble and let the game “breathe” more freely on TV as you have given me and my friends a splitting headache and are in grave danger of becoming an instant turn-off. Thanks.

Kopite
July 10th, 2010, 11:37
hello..

well, i should accept all you comment since it`s your own opinion. but wait, Issam isn`t that bad or annoying as you described him.

as you hate his commentating, i think thousands of arab football fans who love like to hear only Issam`s commentating on JSC.

if he`s commentate tomorrow the final between spain and holland, then it`s gonna be the 4th wc final for him which proves a lot for his cv

cheekyton
July 10th, 2010, 13:30
Thanks for your input Kopite. Yes, Issam really is that bad. It's very rare that I feel the need make a comment on the Internet about anyone, but this man disrupts the enjoyment of many with his juvenile style of commentating. Why does he feel the need to keep on talking throughout a match? - it's really suffocating. Personal opinion only: I can't imagine why anybody would enjoy his commentary, and if they say so it doesn't reflect well on their sense of taste or Al-Jazeera's for that matter if they can't find anyone better than him to commentate on the world's most important football match.

cheekyton
July 10th, 2010, 13:55
One other point. If Issam was really that good, I doubt JSC would give you the choice of TWO Arabic commentators to choose from for the same match.

Kopite
July 10th, 2010, 16:47
Thanks for your input Kopite. Yes, Issam really is that bad. It's very rare that I feel the need make a comment on the Internet about anyone, but this man disrupts the enjoyment of many with his juvenile style of commentating. Why does he feel the need to keep on talking throughout a match? - it's really suffocating. Personal opinion only: I can't imagine why anybody would enjoy his commentary, and if they say so it doesn't reflect well on their sense of taste or Al-Jazeera's for that matter if they can't find anyone better than him to commentate on the world's most important football match.

man, i think most of the commentators keep talk during the match and more than Issam himself. e.g, Raoof Khulaif and ALi Saeed Alka3bi.

i would say that both both Raoof and Issam have similar commentating btw.

Kopite
July 10th, 2010, 16:56
One other point. If Issam was really that good, I doubt JSC would give you the choice of TWO Arabic commentators to choose from for the same match.

there are 2 available commentators in every match during the world cup without looking at the name of commentator and whether the match is strong enough or not.

MK-Inter
July 13th, 2010, 08:46
Issam to me and to many is brilliant , he tends to be annoying at times but the energy and the passion he brings to the game is brilliant. I like many sometimes watch matches just to hear him.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Txa8ZUvAp0 This my friend is brilliant. I respect you'r opinion man but are you new to Chawaly ?

Rhizoid
July 13th, 2010, 10:45
Cheekyton are you an Arabic speaker, btw?

If you are not a speaker of the language, I won't say you don't have the right to judge, but it does give your rant less credibility.

Having said that, my first languages were Greek and English before I began speaking Arabic with my parents.

I started off with the ESPN's and Gulf Channels in the 1990s which broadcasted with loud Saudi and Kuwaiti commentators, as well as the famous Egyptian ones.

I think the Arabic-speaking crowd welcomed something new, in the form of the North-African ones - and by North-African I mean, Moroccan/Algerian/Tunisian.

I watched the world cup final at a pub in Beirut, and the pub owner kept on trying to switch the language because we were listening to the Gulf-dialect Ali Saeed al Kaabi. Many of the customers asked him, what are you doing, he replies, "I want that Tunisian guy, he's so much better!" :)

(unfortunately the language wouldn't switch. :pp ....Any idea if Shawally actually commentated the final? just outta curiosity)

Rhizoid
July 13th, 2010, 10:51

Actually, Al Jazeera have this new habit of giving viewers the choice of commentator they want. Seriously - you have the "luxury" of choosing which Arabic dialect you wanna watch it in...and you'd be lucky if the English button actually had it in English :palm:

You can simply switch it on the language button.

cheekyton
July 13th, 2010, 22:14
Hi MK-Inter: I am indeed new to Shawaly (but am glad I now know of him as he is now my new yardstick which I use to judge bad commentators - Arabic or otherwise). The "energy and passion" he seems to bring appears to be manufactured and insincere IMO or otherwise he's just plain mad. Sorry Issam if you're reading - to repeat stop trying too hard and let the game breathe as your coarse voice and breathless babble and general nonsense stifles it badly.

Hi iaquinta#9: Yes I speak Arabic as well as English. I've got absolutely nothing against Arabic commentators or North African ones for that matter but my friends and I like many others find Shawali plain disruptive and irritating. He did commentate on the WC Final but thankfully we had the option of choosing another Arabic commentator (who BTW spoke nearly as much but his voice is not as tiring as Shawali's - and thus we were able enjoy the match without getting a headache) and English one too. I regret criticizing Issam's coarse voice as presumably he can't do much about it but someone at Al-Jazeera should have thought about this first when they inflicted him on the world.

MK-Inter
July 13th, 2010, 22:33
Sorry man :D but Chawaly is regarded one of the greatest arabic commentors , the most poplular , the most loved , the extreamly popular in the arabic world , like actually extreamly popular and if you put Chawaly on youtube you will see how many people try to copy him. The guy is like the most arabic popular figure in the football world. He took the best arabic commentor for like 4 years in a row.

I remember watching Inter vs Munich in a cafe and Chawaly was one then one person changed the commentory and I can assure you loads of people screamed the same second to say to put him back. The guy is extreamly popular and loved by the arabic world. One of the best things Jazeera did was bring him on.

CreativePlay
July 13th, 2010, 23:08
I also find most Arabic commentators to be annoying and disruptive in the way they ramble endlessly off topic, and in some of their over the top enthusiasm. Ever since the option of having English commentary became available I almost never listen to anything else.

But even I admit that Essam Shwaily ROCKS :thumbsup:

He, Ali Mohammed Ali, and Yusuf Saif are the only ones I like. (and Mr. Saif only joined my prestigious list after I found out he's a Madridista, I used to think he was a Cule the way he would ramble about Barca during Madrid marches but as it turns out he's just a frustrated Madrid fan :D )

@Iaquinta#9:

For the final, Shwaily started a bit reserved, almost a bit annoyed for some reason. He slowly picked up the pace with his schizophrenic love / hate relationship with both teams. Praising their histories as well as their current generations, only to knock them down reminding them of their past failures and current difficulties. All while bustin out rhyme after rhyme in a poetic scream fest :cool:

MK-Inter
July 13th, 2010, 23:21
Yes , I love when he makes these rhymes and I love when he knocks teams teams and players down , he seems to be mean alot of times :D

Kopite
July 14th, 2010, 07:52
Actually, Al Jazeera have this new habit of giving viewers the choice of commentator they want. Seriously - you have the "luxury" of choosing which Arabic dialect you wanna watch it in...and you'd be lucky if the English button actually had it in English :palm:

You can simply switch it on the language button.

don`t forget that there is another channel which is covered by english language. the commentator, match analysis...etc so you still have the option.

MK-Inter
July 14th, 2010, 09:54
I know it's you'r opinion man but I find it extreamly shocking for an Arab liking English Commentory :D I went for Brazil vs Ivor Coast in the Cinema and everyone left at half time and demanded refunds becuase there was english commentory :D

Kopite
July 14th, 2010, 11:04
i meant that aljazera have been always providing different commentary options for fans to choose which commentator they like. different arabic dialects are there and english commentator too.

dabdob
July 19th, 2010, 11:56
Shawaly's commentating on Milan - Boca Club World Cup final in 2007:

Minute 1: Describing the game, etc....... "Michele Platini, UEFA President, is on he stands. HE said th other day, 'We [we used here in the sens of I] don't know much about African Football, and we don't care that much' I tell him, did you forget Sengal in WC 2002 ya Michel [ranting about Franc and Sengal game].... How about Algeria 1982 [ranting].......... Allah yr7am ya Michelle Ayam Rabi7 Madgar, welakhthar Belloumi.........."

Minute 5: Going on about the game, Camera on Platini, Shawaly's rant again

Minute 10: Same thing
Minute 90: Platini

Celebrating: Platini :D

Nerazzurri4life
July 20th, 2010, 01:02
Speaking of El Shawaly, I started to like him after this:

eXxyleDBF4k

just glorious. :cool:

MK-Inter
July 20th, 2010, 10:36
Shawaly has been voted the best arabic commentor for the WC. A surprise interview with shawaly on goal.com..

http://www.goal.com/en-us/news/67/world-cup/2010/07/19/2032314/exclusive-essam-el-shawaly-germanys-bastian-schweinsteiger

dabdob
July 20th, 2010, 15:22
Shawaly has been voted the best arabic commentor for the WC. A surprise interview with shawaly on goal.com..

http://www.goal.com/en-us/news/67/world-cup/2010/07/19/2032314/exclusive-essam-el-shawaly-germanys-bastian-schweinsteiger

Mesh momkn mesh momkn mesh momkn!

Kopite
July 20th, 2010, 20:25
Speaking of El Shawaly, I started to like him after this:

eXxyleDBF4k

just glorious. :cool:

wonderful, i like this video. :thumbsup: ;)

MK-Inter
July 20th, 2010, 22:01
Lol at '' Mourinho yekaser il telfesion il thany'' I love it when he does this , when he speaks modern arabic rather than the professional way :D

CulÚd
July 21st, 2010, 00:01
Mesh momkn mesh momkn mesh momkn!

welak ya dabdob leysh ma betrudd 3alay, sho asdak bill maghribiyun mahall ma sakin inta? :smileani:

Kopite
July 21st, 2010, 16:17
wi lak sho feek inta ow howa 3am tektbo bil al3rabi ?
leesh ma tefta7o new thread 2 talk and write in arabic.

el montada el3arbi ye7taj hemtkom. :pp

cheekyton
July 21st, 2010, 22:22
Hi again folks: I respect your opinions but I can't for the life of me see what's so great about Shawali's commentating style. It just comes across as fake, childish, amateurish, disruptive and noisy to me....:thmbdown:

dabdob
July 22nd, 2010, 15:14
welak ya dabdob leysh ma betrudd 3alay, sho asdak bill maghribiyun mahall ma sakin inta? :smileani:

Sorry, I just got carried away with things and forgot to respond. I'll pm you later tonight or tomorrow.

CulÚd
July 23rd, 2010, 13:48
Mish moshkele ya sidi. Take your time mate, and I hope you're not the slightly bit mad at me for what happened to Holland.

As for commentators, doesn't get any better than this. Who's this guy if anyone might know ?

Uq_bnrBl7PM

Ya wahsh! :D

Kopite
July 23rd, 2010, 14:40
Hi again folks: I respect your opinions but I can't for the life of me see what's so great about Shawali's commentating style. It just comes across as fake, childish, amateurish, disruptive and noisy to me....:thmbdown:

lol, that`s too much. :yuck::howler:

i agree sometimes i feel his commentating is a bit noise as many commentators these days but it`s interesting commentating most of time.

MK-Inter
July 23rd, 2010, 21:21
That was some beautifull commenting as well. Not sure who is that but I think that Faris Awad..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CRNQiIBiAyM

Kopite
July 24th, 2010, 08:12
i think so.

CulÚd
August 3rd, 2010, 12:10
Sorry, I just got carried away with things and forgot to respond. I'll pm you later tonight or tomorrow.

Thanks for the message dabdob. That was one of the most disturbing clips I've seen in a while. Practically none of their numbers were right either. No wonder fascist parties are gaining a foothold in Yurp when they're being fed this kind of tripe :googly:

MK Inter if that post was directed at me Im not sure that sounds like Faris Awad. The one I posted has a deeper voice and slightly different dialect imo.

MK-Inter
August 4th, 2010, 06:55
I though that was Faris Awad because he always goes like in a deep voice when a goal is scored.

Kopite
August 4th, 2010, 10:33
Faris Awad is known now by " ya rabbaaah", every new commentators try to has his own word during the commentary. another example is Rawoof Khuleef " wi yuwazza3" :D

Faris10
January 17th, 2011, 19:49
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C8UmKc2hWxg
Ahmed El Tayeb :thumbsup:

Kopite
January 18th, 2011, 09:15
he`s a gentleman, his commentating always interesting with full of info to provide during the match.:thumbsup:

MK-Inter
January 18th, 2011, 09:20
There's a new commentator on Jazeera for the Asian Cup. Don't know his name thought I liked him. He was a mix between Chawaly and Awad.